[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really loved the Darksiders games, but never played from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
Really loved the Darksiders games, but never played from the Castlevania series (this game seems to be a reboot anyway).

Should I enjoy this one? It's on sale on Steam right now and I'm looking for something new to play.

What did you guys think of it?
>>
>>335673465
It is a fun game. It is about medium difficulty and there are fun things in the game like monster chess. If you like action games then it is worth a try.
>>
i absolutely loved it
>>
>>335675313
How deep is the upgrade system, what kind of things can you unlock?
>>
Wait, you never played any 2D Castlevania? Not even the Metroidvania ones?
>>
>>335675703
There are probably games with deeper upgrade systems, but it is fairly fleshed out. You have different attacks to upgrade, along with weapons, along with normal, dark, and light attacks which have different effects on the weapons and so on. An enjoyable amount of upgrades in my opinion.
>>
It's fun. Prepare for RAGE when dealing with the DLC final boss.
>>
File: Cuteclockwerk2.png (132 KB, 186x178) Image search: [Google]
Cuteclockwerk2.png
132 KB, 186x178
>>335675891
Okay, thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>335676035
I had more trouble with the main game's final boss.
>>
>>335673465
It's a good game, and I thought the visuals were lovely at the time of release. I also like the second game
>>
I LOVED Lords of Shadow. The art direction was amazing. The gameplay is pretty fun, but pretty similar to God of War and that type of shit but still entertaining enough. I liked the story and what they did with everything.
>>
>>335676646
its a good game. The game is a bit long and some of the levels feel like filler but for the most part I think the game gets undeserved hate.
>>
If you like God of War, then this is a good one of those games. I think there's no better way to put it.
>>
>>335673465
pirate it if you must but its a shitty gow clone
>>
>>335678552
>>335680801
Never played a GoW game so I guess I don't have to worry about comparing.
>>
>>335680921
imagine devil may cry but the combat is really simple
>>
Who gives a fuck, most games are clones of others. GOW was a decent game (shitty story/character imo) but LOS was amazing. Very good story and acting. Hell I would put Dantes inferno over god of war.
>>
>>335673465
bought it because i loved games like darksides, god of war etc.

played it for 30 min, its boring and the fight system is not deep at all. did i mention it is REALLY boring.
>>
>>335682013
LoS was good. It was hardly amazing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.