[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo is being fucking strange. I think the logic is as follows,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: fb-400x400.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fb-400x400.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
Nintendo is being fucking strange.

I think the logic is as follows,

Nintendo doesn't want to show off the NX at E3 so it cant be overshadowed by its competitors. (A sentiment that many devs and publishers share)
Nintendo doesn't have a good enough Wii U or 3DS lineup to fill an entire conference on since the system is out in early 2017.
However they need to be at E3 because if they leave, they lose their floor space and they want to keep it. (Like Konami when they have a floor space with barely any games)

With those in mind, I assuming the logic for their actions is:

State that NX isn't going to be at E3 so they can have their own event for it
Show Zelda exclusively at E3 because they need something at E3 and only Zelda is big enough to bring there.

Personally, I don't understand the idea of not having NX at E3. I get not wanting to overshadow it with other competitors. However, they can have an event for the system in May, and show more at E3. Best of both worlds. So either they didn't see the merit/weren't ready to show in may, or they're just incompetent.

Either way I believe that we will see the system in 2016, and it will get exposure because its fucking Nintendo.
>>
>I believe that we will see the system in 2016
No, anon. They're just going to release a console next March and not show anyone what it is until two months prior.
>>
Its exactly what everyone expected
If they announced it for this year
>lolololol WiiU owners got fucked lolololo
IF they announced it for next year
>lolololo nintendo has nothing for this year

You cant win
I think it makes perfect sense
NX will have a DQ game and a Zelda game at launch
Thats huge
>>
>>335671313
>Nintendo doesn't want to show off the NX at E3 so it cant be overshadowed by its competitors
when has ever a console reveal been overshadowed no matter how shit it is??
>>
>>335671531

Honestly, that'd actually be pretty amusing. Just create a giant hype train right at the start of 2017.

Probably stupid and impractical, but still.

>>335671552

>DQ

The reason DQ was connected to NX was because at the reveal event for DQ11 they took a fan question at the end about it coming on NX. I think the devs said they had no plans but wouldn't rule it out. So it could happen, but it wasn't confirmed. Also,

>DQ releasing in the West

wew lad
>>
>>335671313
>Nintendo doesn't have a good enough Wii U or 3DS lineup to fill an entire conference on since the system is out in early 2017.
they can do Sony, spent 7/10 ths of the conference speaking about number and non games related apps and movies, then just show a couple of "3 years to be release" games trailers
>>
>>335671313
>I get not wanting to overshadow it with other competitors

I don't understand that. If your console gets overshadowed, that's a useful red flag telling you you're not connecting with consumers and you better figure out how to better market it or make other changes to get them interested. Having a safe space reveal with only die hard fans is going to paint you a rosy picture that may not be reflected in the actual market
>>
>>335671752
>giving a shit about the west
>being an EOP

wew lad

But thats the thing they have zelda for the west and DQ for the east
>>
>>335671728

Irrelevant to whether if it would be, there is the potential of it being overshadowed. But at the very least, it will have to share the new cycle with other hardware from Sony and games from other developers.
>>
>>335671313
>, they lose their floor space
A) E3 is dying anon. they wont loose shit even if they leave
>>
>>335671552
>NX will have a DQ game and a Zelda game at launch
>Thats huge

The Zelda game is releasing on Wii U as well and DQ isn't coming to the west, thus there's literally no reason to get an NX at launch
>>
File: ss (2015-09-06 at 09.32.20).jpg (278 KB, 851x869) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-09-06 at 09.32.20).jpg
278 KB, 851x869
>>335671831
>Irrelevant to whether if it would be
>there is not real prove to my point but I still will claim my point is the valid one
>>
>>335671879
Yes because everyone has a WiiU right?
Retard
And XI will come to the west you can be sure of that
>>
>>335671797

Thats not what marketing is about. This isn't to test the waters, this is about selling your damn product. So you want to present your best foot forward and in ideal conditions.

>>335671851

There is still no reason to forsake it. Why give the floor space up, even if E3 is dying? What if it comes back for some reason and Nintendo doesn't have that space. That seems short sighted
>>
>>335671879
>thus there's literally no reason to get an NX at launch
im sure TP sold better on Wii
>>
>>335671961
>There is still no reason to forsake it.
tell that to the other companies that have dropped it.
E3 was good when it was public open, right now is a media people stroking each other dicks.

if the intention is to reach consumer, Nintendo Directs do the same thing, and is free for em.
>>
>>335671919

Did you read the rest of my post? It doesn't matter if there is a small chance of it being over shadowed, there is still that chance. And Nintendo would 100% have to at least share the news cycle with other developers and Sony's PS4K if they showed at E3.

I don't agree with it, but I can see the logic.
>>
>>335671930

>NX releases
>WiiU price cuts
>can pick one up with a full library of games on the cheap
>or buy a full priced new console with literally one (1) game

Not a hard decision
>>
>>335671879
>DQ isn't coming to the west
Can we stop this meme? Just because they don't localize spin offs like the slime games and don't go out of their way to localize an mmo doesn't mean that DQ XI won't come.
>>
>>335671552

>DQ
>coming to the West

retard
>>
I think they chose not to use E3 to market themselves. E3 sucks nowadays, it is phenomenal expectations that are never met plus you need to be in competition with all the other industries. I doubt they'd get as much interest as they want in an E3.
But a direct that they state teh date for ages in advance could be a lot more beneficial for them. It can be as long as they want and cheap too, and they can tune the presentation way in advance. PLus there are not in competition of people's interest when they release it like E3
They are probably doing some crappy E3 presentation jstu so no one else can take their spot.
>>
File: 1449332319096s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1449332319096s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
Whats even the point of E3 by now?
I can live without the Call of Duty Assassins Creed shitshow that the other companies will pull off.
>>
>>335672120

If NX has backwards compatibility then WiiU's fucked, yo.
>>
>>335672462
Now you watch for the /v/ shitposting extravaganza.
Also report cards.
>>
>>335672462

Hypemongering for casuals, fort building and report cards for /v/.
>>
>>335671552
>NX will have a DQ game and a Zelda game at launch
>Thats huge
you need at least 5 AAA+ games and 3 mediocre games at launch to sell a console.

And by at launch I mean the date the console launches, no launch window crap
>>
>>335672650

Wii sold like crack with Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, and a handful of relative unknowns on launch day.
>>
>>335672650

Ps4 has like 2 AAA titles worth a damn and it sells just fine
>>
>>335672719
Wii was lightning in a bottle.

>>335672754
This is a better example.
>>
>>335672798

PS4 is because the other two shot themselves in the foot and people wanted a shiny new box to replace their 6-7 year old boxes. It's not that it's good so much as the others are worse still and this one plays multiplats the best, I guess.
>>
>>335671313

>Nintendo doesn't want to show off the NX at E3 so it cant be overshadowed by its competitors

It's a brand new console, it would make waves no matter what. I guarantee that they'll be overshadowed now, unless they're bringing out dream games
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.