[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After how many deaths/tries do you usually give up? https:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: 112233101.png (1 MB, 1291x712) Image search: [Google]
112233101.png
1 MB, 1291x712
After how many deaths/tries do you usually give up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olCV1iW_kzE
>>
I must admit, DSP is at least more patient than me.
I was already really mad when I couldn't kill Gundyr after my second try, like every other boss in the game up until that point.
I guess being a shitter makes you less sensitive to failures.
>>
File: 1416610136041.gif (2 MB, 396x240) Image search: [Google]
1416610136041.gif
2 MB, 396x240
Only one boss in the game killed me twice. Nameless. Every other boss I either one-tried or it caught me once.

The game is not hard if you use your souls. I don't know why people continually handicap themselves by staying low SL or trying challenge runs for their first playthrough.
>>
>>335670374
How can a streamer be so bad ? He does nothing but playing and despite thay Im better than him, its sad. Fucking pewdiepie at least is good at games
>>
>>335670374
First off, that is some seriously incredible patience DSP has. I'd have taken a break from the game for a bit after my 4th or 5th death. (for the record Champ took me 3 tries)

Second, why did he never think to mix up his strategy? You'd think after maybe 5 deaths or so a normal human would think "Hey, maybe I should try a different sword" or something. What the fuck is wrong with him that he kept trying the exact same thing for 64 TIMES IN A ROW?
>>
nothing in the souls series has killed me more than 3 times
>>
It depends. If I sense myself getting mad I try to stop playing, which is sometimes around maybe 3-4 deaths on the same thing. If I get tilted I just get worse and worse so I try to stop myself before that. But other times I will basically pound my head against a wall, longest ever was fighintg orphan in bloodborne. Had been up for almost 30 hours, and finally reached him and then fought him for almost 2 hours straight. My brain had shut off by that point and I was learning nothing. Eventually went to sleep but next morning woke up and beat him first attempt.
>>
>>335674648
So you didn't play shrine of amana at release?
>>
My biggest regret in my first run was getting frustrated with the princes, and summoning for the kill.

I only died about 6 times, but fuck those goddamn elevators.

I cheesed Gundyr with Yohrms great shield and got it first try. My Dex character had some trouble, but manageable.
>>
>>335670374

Only nameless king made me despair a bit
>>
>>335675091
Honestly, dying isn't so bad. It's having to make the run all the way back to the boss, trying to save estus, and getting blindsided by an attack that wastes a flask that really makes me want to stop.
>>
>>335670725
This.
After doing Bloodborne at lvl 4 I expect to not have any problems at all, so when I don't kill a boss on my first or second attempt, it's really irritating since I expect to not have any problem.
>>
>>335674897
Not him but I did and I didn't have any problems.

Learn to fucking use a bow.
>>
I died at least ten times to sully and nameless, but I always try to make a plan or come up with an idea of what I did wrong. My girlfriend makes fun of me because I'll be sitting in my room alone and say "Okay so its left right and then maybe down wait for the down"

At least she doesn't know how much I actually talk to myself.
>>
>>335674897
Shrine of Amanra wasn't that bad at all on release. Getting the Rayuko on the other hand, that was fucking crazy. Without shaman bone blade of course
>>
>>335675091
I summon on every boss because I'm not trying to prove anything.
>>
>>335675391
Those shark men have such bullshit hitboxes. The one enemy in that game that's only hard because its poorly coded
>>
>>335675441
>I'm not trying to prove anything
Proving how utter shit you are is not an improvement.
>>
>>335675489
They also love to flail around like mad cunts.
>>
>>335675498
That's okay.
>>
>>335675441
>I summon on every boss because I'm not trying to prove anything.
Game is more enjoyable if you personally try to overcome the challenge by yourself.
It's not about gitting gud or showing how large your dick is in 4chan, it's just more rewarding and you will feel better with yourself and with the world.
>>
File: ookay.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
ookay.gif
2 MB, 300x225
ITT

I played through every souls game no death no bonfire first try, everyone else must be bad at the game I'm totally not bragging you're just dumb
>>
>>335675091
I didn't find the shortcut next to them, so every attempt had me running past all the fucking enemies. I thought it was just shitty placement, like DS2 ancient dragon. Luckily it only took me around 3 attempts or so.
>>
>>335675648
Personally I feel more satisfied by working as a team to overcome an obstacle, I enjoy that kind of co operative gameplay.
I do wish the enemies got more than an HP boost to offset the ease of co-op, but I prefer fighting bosses as a team to fighting them solo, that's the kind of game I enjoy.
I tend to play games in a way I enjoy rather than in a way that makes me feel like a big man.
>>
Got him on my first try.

Fuck the nameless king though, holy shit.
>>
>>335675763
>Personally I feel more satisfied by working as a team to overcome an obstacle, I enjoy that kind of co operative gameplay.
Except the bosses are a walk in the park and require zero effort as "team".
>>
>>335675961
Can easily just throw your summon sign down and fight it again, too. You only get one chance per playthrough to do it solo though.
>>
>>335675903
What? Nameless king was much easier
>>
>>335670374
>3 fucking hours fighting Champ
Are you fucking serious
He's a hard boss, but he isn't that fucking hard.
>>
>>335676001
This right here.

I soloed the final boss of 3 and he only ever used the sword, but then I went back and helped people to farm souls and he has like 6 forms that you'd never see in just one fight
>>
Tfw I only died to Champion like 4 or 5 times

Tfw I didn't use a shield or bullshit like that

Tfw I know people much better than me probably beat him their first or second try
>>
>that one webm where he gets killed in a bullshit way in DS1 and he doesn't even even go WOOOOOOW, he just looks at the camera
>out of all the times he could go WOOOW and complain, he doesn't
>>
File: 1331300490243.jpg (16 KB, 406x358) Image search: [Google]
1331300490243.jpg
16 KB, 406x358
>giving up
>>
>>335675961
>Except the bosses are a walk in the park and require zero effort as "team".
What's your point?
>>
>>335676370
If you give up in dork souls, you go hollow.
>>
File: 1410308105934.gif (366 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
1410308105934.gif
366 KB, 400x328
>>335675391

Sharkman comfirmed as hardest fuckface of all soulsborne
>mfw he charged the first time
>mfw his hitbox has infinite size
>mfw there are two of them to get the rakuyo
>mfw no shaman bone blade left
>>
>>335676607
You poor bastard.
>>
I take breaks, I don't give up
>>
>>335670725
DSP is getting paid for this shit. I would rather do this than my actual fucking job if I had the chance.
>>
Is he "giving up" meaning, he will have the word of mouth spread that he "gave up" only to come back to it like HEY GUYS IM BACK I KNOW I SAID I GAVE UP BUT FUCK IT IM NOT LETTING THE GAME WIN LIKE THAT FUCK THAT MAN LETS DO THIS while having his stream chat literally holding his hand the entire game, room for room?

If you are really gonna give up, then do it.
>>
>>335676132
Gundyr didn't even go into stage 2 when I fought him.

Nameless King raped my asshole 40 times.
>>
>>335670374
I beat him first try, the only boss that took more than 2 tries for me. (first seeing everything for the first time second killing it) Nameless king took me 5 tries, and soul of cinder took me 5.
>>
File: 1.png (14 KB, 237x91) Image search: [Google]
1.png
14 KB, 237x91
Do you have it?
>>
File: 1422075400765.jpg (4 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1422075400765.jpg
4 KB, 184x184
>>335670374
>64 attempts
>60 + 4
>Sixty four attempts
>SIXTY FOUR ATTEMPTS

Patience of a goddamn mountain.
>>
>>335676920
Yeah, easiest boss fight. I just backstepped and shot arrows at him.
>>
File: capture.png (25 KB, 836x159) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
25 KB, 836x159
>3.8% of players can't get past the tutorial boss
>>
what's with the audio?
>>
>>335671605
>I don't know why people continually handicap themselves by staying low SL or trying challenge runs for their first playthrough.
Because its fun.
Well, if your not a stupid fag like alot of people.
>>
>>335671605
>DSP tries doing laundry.gif
>>
>>335670374
I literally just killed champ on my first try, don't really see what supposedly makes him so difficult
>>
https://youtu.be/J8Rdp2--SjQ?t=59
>>
>>335677234
>don't really see what supposedly makes him so difficult
Maybe you should pay attention next time instead of acting like some wannabe hardcore gamer, you were probably overleveled as fuck so don't even pretend to be gud you complete scrub.
>>
>>335677413
kek, most of /v/ is terrible when it comes to games.
I did almost every boss first try blind, not one of them took more than two tries, Souls bosses are always incredibly telegraphed.
>>
>>335677050
I used to think achievements for easy stuff were pointless until I realized it's fun for everyone to be able to see what the total playerbase has done.

>There are actually people who bothered to start the game and got to the first bonfire, but never killed the first boss
>>
I went full DSP on the Ancient Dragon NG+ in DS2.
That boss was insanely bullshit since it killed you in 1 hit no matter what and had over 27,000hp.
I got so fucking annoyed at running back to that boss that I dedicated 3 hours to killing all the monsters in the area so that I would never have to fight anything on the way to try the boss again.
About 30 attempts and 4 respecs later I killed that mother fucker and that was the most intense shit ever.
>>
>>335675091
I summon for most fights. It's more fun that way, co-operation with people is fun and interesting. It's only a shame that enemies don't re-adjust themselves to multiple players, but I guess it's to encourage summoning for scrubs, which are the player majority. I've been raping the PvP thou, probably the most fun O had in any Souls PvP.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.