[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hellgate: New York
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 430x529) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 430x529
Would you buy Hellgate: New York if it was made by a developer that could pull it off?
>>
File: 1336309946345.png (3 KB, 39x21) Image search: [Google]
1336309946345.png
3 KB, 39x21
>>335669921
No, the MMO genre is dead. Let it go.
>>
>>335669984
Hellgate wasn't an MMO, it was practically the same model as Diablo. Smh.
>>
H
E
L
L O N D O N
G
A
T
E
>>
>>335670091
I remember it though. It was an 3D MMO.
>>
>>335670580
You remember wrongly. Really.
>>
>>335669921
in today's age no. it would just be a shitty borderlands clone.
>>
>>335670580
The original one wasn't.
>>
>>335669921
Yes if it's Crate entertainment
>>
>>335670580
I remember a solo h&s and a mmo too
>>
>>335671040
I would buy a good borderlands clone
>make shooting fun
>make skills fun and tactical
>make scaling fun
>make your fucking exposition monologues optional
>>
>>335669921
Give it ti gearbox. They're shit at everything except making loot shooters.
>>
>>335669921
who's the bitch?
>>
File: Untitled.png (814 KB, 1171x846) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
814 KB, 1171x846
I'm still waiting on hellraid first.
>>
>>335674123
wasnt that shit cancelled
>>
>>335672450
She's Hellgate. The main character of the game.
>>
>>335674175
Confirmed as not cancelled but still stalled I believe.
>>
>>335674418
okay then
>>
I remember enjoying it for the small amount of time it was up but to keep up with advances in the genre these days and what modern lootgrind ARPG players expect it would probably have to be re-built from the ground up.

I still maintain some small shard of sympathy for people who bought a 'lifetime pass' or whatever it was called and were charged multiple times to their bank account. Of course I also reserve the right to laugh at them for buying a fucking multi-hundred-dollar pass for an unproven videogame.
>>
>>335669921
No

I still have a physical copy of Hellgate:London that mocks me every time I glance at it even if the gameplay was fun as fuck
>>
>>335674860
>I still maintain some small shard of sympathy for people who bought a 'lifetime pass' or whatever it was called and were charged multiple times to their bank account.
Wait, what happened?
>>
>>335675089
it wasnt a lifetime pass.
But hellgate london's sub fee got charged multiple times at once to some people, and a very few ammount got charged hundreds of times. One dude got charged for like 140 months at once, drained his entire bill pay account he set up, and he didnt know about it and it shut off his moms electricity and she died because of it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.