[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo just announced that the Nintendo NX will be out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Nx.png (78 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Nx.png
78 KB, 720x720
>Nintendo just announced that the Nintendo NX will be out March 2017. That release window is global.
>Via a financial release, Nintendo states, “For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed ‘NX’ with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.”
>Oddly, Nintendo apparently will not be showing the still unrevealed NX platform at this year’s E3, according to Wall Street Journal reporter Takashi Mochizuki who was at today’s Nintendo financial briefing in Osaka.

GET HYPE

11 months to go, lads. Remember to save up some money to buy one.
>>
> literally no games

Worse than the ps3
>>
I'm only hype for Zelda at this point
>>
>MARCH 2017
>NO E3

lmao wtf?
>>
It's going to be delayed to holiday 2017. Calling it now.
>>
File: 1435590908028.gif (867 KB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
1435590908028.gif
867 KB, 300x170
>>335668438
They keep repeating the same mistake every fucking gen.

They held off on details about the Wii and Wii U until the last fucking minute. It doesn't build hype. It does the opposite.
>>
I don't see how this is a problem for you Nintendo fans. You're not competition with the other 2 consoles, and the WiiU Isn't old enough for people to get their money's worth. I'm glad they are doing this.
The only BS I don't like is how Zelda is delayed and it's TP all over again, that's why I bought the Wii
>>
>being hyped for a console with no games
Just like the PS4!
>>
>No Animal Crossing U
>>
They're not going to be talking about their newest console at the world's largest gaming press event? What the actual fuck?

Zelda gets delayed another year just so it can release simultaneously on a console they're not talking about? What the fuck?

E3 is dedicated to zelda that's coming out on the console that they won't talk about? What the fuck?
>>
>>335669987
The problem is that Nintendo really only has 1st party titles and indies to fall back on for the Wii U, and what we have for the rest of 2016 for Wii U is barren.

>TMS#FE in June
>Paper Mario Paint Splash likely holiday
>Pikmin 4 may or may not make this year

And that's it as far as I can recall.

With Zelda U being delayed again, I don't understand if they're crazy on banking on Pokmemon Sun and Moon or mobile games to carry them through the holiday.

News also just came in that Zelda U will be the only playable game on E3 show floor from them, so I'm even more astounded.

Last 3 years they've had at least a select amount of Wii U titles that you could even go out to Best Buy to demo.

This year, likely nothing apparently unless they put Zelda U demos out there by themselves, which wouldn't be as apporpriate as say SmashFest, where they could at least get in 4 people at a time to demo it..
>>
File: 1459642792752.png (265 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459642792752.png
265 KB, 640x640
This is actually a very good move.

The absolute biggest problem with the Wii U, as much as retards like to say it's gimmicks or the name or some shit, was that it did not have any games at launch to make people buy it. The first six months of a console's life pretty much determine how it's gonna be, and Nintendo fucked up by having all their big games (Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash) take over a year to come out. By then the console was already done.

Waiting for the games to be ready for the console launch is very smart, launching with Zelda, likely a Smash port, and we're about due for a new 3D Mario, a new Mario Kart, and a new Animal Crossing which should all be ready within six months of the NX launch.

If Nintendo can get good sales out of the gate, they'll have a success, because the bigger install base will make more developers put out NX games, which will increase the install base, which will make more developers put out NX games, and so on.

It sucks for fans that they're pretty much leaving Wii U to die, but if they don't focus on NX NOW to get games in the launch window it'll just be a repeat of Wii U.

So despite the usual /v/ meltdown, this is actually great news for the NX.
>>
>>335667946
>11 months to go
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.