[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else on /v/ quit PC gaming because of the DRM? I recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1461716976300.jpg (247 KB, 800x731) Image search: [Google]
1461716976300.jpg
247 KB, 800x731
Anyone else on /v/ quit PC gaming because of the DRM? I recently gave up on PC gaming because I realize my part in ruining the game industry on PC by supporting steam. Now every publisher is gonna think they can make their own DRM service and make it half assed. Uplay was what made me decide to switch to consoles/handhelds for good.

How many of you anons quit PC gaming? Right now I only got a ps3 but I want to get a vita as well to enjoy those games.

>inb4 use GOG
i did but i don't care to PC gayming anymore. deleted windows and installed the linux
>>
>>335658878
>want to "save" gaming
>decide to support consoles, the one thing holding games back

Nice going twinkletoes
>>
>>335658878
You do realize that the whole console thing is the ultimate DRM, the OG of DRM, right?
>>
>>335659129
i don't want to save gaming at all. it's already gonna die. i could care less at this point if i gave up the hobby for good. i'm just gonna play cheap used games for my ps3 and get a vita.
>>
>>335659290
you don't have to install a separate application to play a game on the ps3. i just put my disc in and i play the game.
>>
>>335659369
If you don't give a shit, then why didn't you stick with PC and just fucking pirate everything to sidestep DRM instead
>>
>>335658878
>play games because they are fun
>continue to play games because fun

I can play more games and faster on PC. As long as I can play my games I don't care.
>>
I want to impregnate Maki
>>
>>335659450
>you don't have to install a separate application to play a game on the ps3
I'm bored so I'll take the bait. You basically did unless your TV came automatically able to play PS3 games.
>>
>>335659493
Because I already killed PC gaming. And I'm tired of microsoft and all the years I've spent troubleshooting and repairing my own PC. It's not worth the effort for me anymore. It is still my favorite system but I'm just too old now to care. Rather just get a computer that I can buy that has a repair warranty on it so they can fix issues if I have any instead of me.

Also I enjoy the PS3 and it's games, so I'm not losing out on much.
>>
File: 2722866-2463687270-Ps3_3[1].png (10 KB, 722x616) Image search: [Google]
2722866-2463687270-Ps3_3[1].png
10 KB, 722x616
>>335659450
>play a game on the ps3
>game
>on the ps3
ahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>335659725
me too anon.
>>
PC shills infest /v/
>>
>>335659772
The Playstation 3 is not an application, it's a piece of hardware. I can't believe I'm actually replying to this. Please leave.
>>
>>335659450
>Want to play GTA:SA on ps4
>Can't download the digital version I payed $20 for on my PS3
>Pay $10 for the privilege.
>All the good songs are cut from the game.
>That's OK, I'll just put in this PS2 copy I bought new for $50 way back when.
>That doesn't work either, despite PS2 emulation being in the PS4's feature set.
>In ten years when no PS3 controllers can keep a charge, all my digital games will become unplayable.
Yeah, consoles feel so freeing.
>>
>>335660102
You can play ps2 games with a ps2.
>>
>>335658878
> quits pc because of drm
> switches to machines whose only purpose of existence is drm
Can you believe this retard?
>>
>>335660208
Who's going to break into a museum just to play PS2 games, nig?
>>
>>335660573
why would you have a ps2 game but no ps2
>>
You can't be fucking serious. Sure, modern games may have DRM, but why don't you ignore these and play older games?
>>
>>335660714
>>335660208
My point about GTA was rhetorical. Console gaming is very limited with tons of arbitrary rules to squeeze extra money from people. Considering that OP was complaining about an anti-piracy tool, the fact that more or less the same thing happens with consoles but for more nefarious reasons would imply that PCs are superior in this respect. I mean fuck I could just emulate it if I wanted to play it so bad.

There, I spelled it out for you.
>>
>>335661047
it's a two step process if you just put the ps2 game into the ps2 and turn it on.
>>335660839
i could play old games on linux if i wanted. but my issues is also more than just drm. i have encounter failing hardware and buggy software for so many years that it's not worth the effort on my behalf to troubleshoot and repair it. i'm getting older and my time is more valuable to me. I don't hate PC gaming, I just don't want to invest anymore time and money into it. I rather just enjoy a bunch of fun older console games I didn't get to enjoy years ago since all I would have to do is have the piece of hardware and insert a disc.

ultimately games are games and I chose the platform that takes the least amount of effort :)
>>
okay have fun op
>>
>>335661630
thanks. i got that hard corps uprising game recently on ps3 and am enjoying that. contra III is one of my favorite games so it's fun to play another platformer similar to it. just wished it had one hit deaths instead of health and potions.
>>
>>335658878
>quit pc for drm
>goes to console which is basically another drm where you have to pay $70 a year

ok anon nice bait
>>
>>335662121
huh? i don't pay 70 dollars a year to play my games. i just pay the price of the game and that's it.
>>
>>335658878
>Anyone else on /v/ quit PC gaming because of the DRM

No. I can just get a pirated copy if DRM bothers me, far easier than I can for consoles. Also, mods.
>>
>>335660002

Yet it has more games than the 360.

Czech mate, microdrone.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.