[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally what is the point of weapon arts? >waste pool for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: dancers_enchanted_swords.png (20 KB, 201x284) Image search: [Google]
dancers_enchanted_swords.png
20 KB, 201x284
Literally what is the point of weapon arts?
>waste pool for magic
>same/WORSE damage than regular R1
>as slow as R2 in most cases

Fucking why?

The only ones that are even worth it are ones that give a melee weapon a ranged attack, but those weapons usually suck anyway, and previous souls games had melee weapons with ranged attacks and it worked just fucking fine.

Why were they even programmed in?
Seems like an absolute waste of time.
>>
>>335652593
Regular straight swords have that shield break uppercut. Every once in a while I'll be doing footies with some idiot and catch him with a shield break when he gets cocky. I like it because it's a lot safer than a kick.
>>
>shield breaks
>better parries
>gap closers
>weapon buffs
>poise boosts
>anti-roll spin attacks
>teleportbehindyous
Literally end it all OP.
>>
>>335652593
>waste pool for magic
If you are maining Weapon arts your arn't using magic in the first place.
Also Magic is mostly still broken so there was never a point to use it to begin with.
>same/WORSE damage than regular R1
Don't know what the fuck you have been playing but it does more damage just takes more Stamina to perform.
>as slow as R2 in most cases
If you are using the R2 with the weapon art yeah.
>>
Why the heck does FUGS consume to much stamina?
>>
>>335653785
Because it would be unfathomably broken if it didn't.
>>
>>335652593
Stance, Hold, Quickstep, Shield Bash, and Stomp, are all useful weapon arts, though it does bother me that they use FP when they are non magical moves.
Gentle Prayer is a pretty decent healing spell that out performs the lower level healing miracles Heal Aid, Heal, and Replenishment (not even sure why they bothered to put them in).
The others are pretty bullshit though.
>>
>>335652593
I love how terribly designed the dancers blades are. They look cool as fuck but their art & L1 are useless so all you can do is spam R1 with them which looks dumb since you're only using 1 of the swords. You wouldnt even use em anyway since split damage is garbage and they cant be buffed.
>>
>>335655764
In fact many of the spells in the game are fucked.
Flame Arc and Magic Weapon both last 90 seconds which is a decent length of time, but all the miracle buffs last half as long, which just feels too short, and Great Magic Weapon lasts only 60 seconds which means it gets out performed by the basic MW even though it adds a greater buff. Why not make all the buffs the same time length?
In fact all buffs should be at least 90 seconds long. Carthus Beacon is worthless as the spell ends before you even get enough hits in to trigger it.
Miracles have 4 versions of the same quick heal spell and 4 versions of the same gradual heal spell. Unnecessary.
>>
>>335656417
Yeah, I was just looking at those and noticed it had three dmg types, absolute garbage.
>>
>>335656417
fun fact: if you use the weapon art in the dancer boss room on the carpet it will light on fire for no reason, it might happen with any fire weapon though not sure
>>
I love weapon arts, but i don't like that i now restrain myself from using certain weapons, like axes, because i don't like their art
>>
you can use WA even without FP, it just does less damage

still great for bleeding the fuck out of people with hollow warden twinblades
>>
Weapon arts are great, stop sucking. The longsword weapom arts are mighty good, guardbreak is great and lunge closes distance. The squat jump dagger art is essential for poking. The twin hammers weapon art won me countless PvP fights and helped me quickly dispose of health-boosted enemies.
>>
>>335657734
which begs the question, why even use FP at all?
>>
>>335658761
Certain weapons lose their power when you waste FP. Like Demon fists, it stops spitting fire when you run out.

Also there is a serious damage reduction.
>>
>>335652593
breaking shields

only reason i can think of
>>
>>335658761
>begs the question

That's not what that phrase means, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>335658761
More damage, less stamina consumption, faster animations in some cases, more poise in others.

What you need to understand is that WA is basically fancy R2s that doesn't break your weapons after 3 uses.
>>
>>335658742
You're right, the ones you listed are good. But a lot of them are just plain bad.
>>
>>335652593
when STR fags rush me and i close the gap early with a uchi rush and combo his heavy ass,nothin personnel kid
>>
File: Collage14.jpg (77 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
Collage14.jpg
77 KB, 500x435
>>335659161
> i close the gap early with a uchi rush and combo his heavy ass
>>
>>335659161
>uchi

Boring. Who /blackblade/ here
>>
>>335653785
Why dont you fucking end yourself?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.