[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Nintendo delberately make this game as horrible as possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: starfox zero.jpg (460 KB, 1024x1458) Image search: [Google]
starfox zero.jpg
460 KB, 1024x1458
Did Nintendo delberately make this game as horrible as possible so that when it flops they have an excuse to never waste resources making another title in the series again like it happened with F-Zero? They even got the shitty Platinum Games B studio to do it instead of Kamiya's, the one who's said over and over that he wants to make Star Fox. This is legitimately worse than Other M, Sticker Star and Skyward Sword.

The funniest thing is those people who claimed the delay was to address the complaints and fix the controls and ended up being just to lock in-game content behind amiibos.
>>
>>335651552

What if the new Zelda sucks? Does Nintendo just die then? What do they even do right anymore?
>>
>>335651710
Well Skyward Sword sucked too and that was 5 years ago, more recently, so did Triforce Heroes. People will still be buying their games though so that's why they're still alive.
>>
>>335651552
I fail to understand. You think GX is a bad game?
>>
>>335652380
No, read again, I said ''flops''.
>>
>>335651552

>people called it as shit from almost minute one since reveal
>nintendofags hype it up over and over again
>they try and rationalize for days about why it's shit

Never fails.

Here's a hint, friend. Stop being a corporate whore for a console company and play vidya. Good vidya. Wherever it may be.
>>
>>335652468
Are you calling me a corporate whore?
>>
>>335652428
I don't think 700k sales for a niche game is all that bad, to be honest.
>>
>>335652548

I think you're at a breaking point, which I why I offered the friendly advice.
>>
>>335652745
Well you'd be wrong since I just shat on Nintendo pretty hard, in more than one post too. I also mocked their fanbase.
>>
>>335652706
Where did you get that number from?
>>
>>335652886

You sound Jilted. You wouldn't be this angry if it didn't mean so much to you.
>>
>>335653007
Pointing out how terrible a game is that makes me wonder if they did it on purpose for a legitimate method that other companies like Squeenix have done before does not make me angry or jilted.

I mean, people shit on Nintendo here all the time with way ''angrier'' messages, do you think those people are angry nintendo corporate whores too?
>>
>>335651552
I really don't get the hate for this game. I'm not even a huge nintendofag. It has about as much content as 64 maybe more, alright graphics, and the controls are actually really good if you give it an hour and try to figure them out. It's not perfect, but I can't understand why everyone shits on it so much.
>>
>>335651552
Miyamoto wanted a pet project to play around with the gamepad on, and he decided Star Fox has a lot of potential.
>>
>>335653426
>alright graphics
N64 graphics are not alright for a 2012 home console game, honey, especially when even the 3DS Starfox looks better.
>and the controls are actually really good
No, just no, having to constantly look at two screens is terrible game design and everyone who played the demos back then shared that sentiment, they didn't bother fixing that.
>>
I love this game and even I admit it has problems.

Most notably the alternative paths lead you to shitty half assed minigames with no banters and boring ass objectives.

The 12 main levels that are there are fun. I enjoyed the gyrowing too.
>>
>>335653426
It does not have as much content as 64 and the content that's there isn't as good.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-06-20 09.10.48.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-06-20 09.10.48.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>335653701
Nah. There is big difference in graphics. Also, I almost never look at the gamepad. I play the game like Star Fox 64 with the added benefit of being able to slightly adjust aim.
>>
>>335652978
I saw it in a thead somewhere.

Google gives me http://www.vgchartz.com/game/695/f-zero-gx/
>>
>>335653926
>12 main levels
Which is just Starfox 64, again.

This is the second remake of an N64 game that was already a remake of a SNES game. Nobody but Nintendo.
>>
>>335653981
vgchartz isn't exactly trustable when NPD reports exist, also even then they didn't consider those sales to make up for the game's budget, which you may remember included the 50 or so characters' unique theme songs and cutscenes for all of them.
>>
>>335654107
except there were 16 unique levels in Star Fox 64. If there were at least 4 more unique levels that aren't random ass minigames slapped together in the last second. I would have been more happier.
>>
File: sfz mc.png (67 KB, 649x361) Image search: [Google]
sfz mc.png
67 KB, 649x361
Ouch.
>>
>>335654332
If a game's biggest flaw is that there isn't enough of it and you want more, does that make it a shit game? Why do you want more then? Do you like shit, Anon?
>>
>>335653637
>Miyamoto wanted a pet project to play around with the gamepad on
That was Pikmin.
>>
File: 1461205675021.gif (849 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1461205675021.gif
849 KB, 540x304
>>335654484
I want more levels because I want more Star Fox. I enjoyed the main levels that were there.

I'm only criticizing the main issue that could have made the game better. That's it. It is what it is.
>>
>>335654375
And all the positive reviews (both from ''journalists'' and regular users) are the usual shill-tastic crap that proclaim the game as the second coming of christ.
>>
>>335654714
That artstyle with low frame animation always looks horrible.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.