[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that comfy feeling knowing you will wake up in the morning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1384493098899.jpg (9 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1384493098899.jpg
9 KB, 252x252
>that comfy feeling knowing you will wake up in the morning with some new NX details
>Stay in bed for an hour or so and read them on your phone
>browse the reactions on /v/

Ain't nothin' like it
Feels good lads
>>
>>335643649
Comfy = fat
>>
But we don't know that :(
>>
File: 13900695538.gif (412 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
13900695538.gif
412 KB, 500x375
It will be fine if it's just the final name.
>>
>>335643649
>The last post of the last thread is now the OP of the new thread.

Doesn't happen too often.
>>
>>335644082
>But we don't know that :(
It's almost a certainty that we will at least get SOMETHING. Even if it is extremely minor. It will be enough of something to talk/speculate about.
>>
File: 111222.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
111222.gif
2 MB, 333x194
NX wont be bw compatibily
>>
>>335644751
Fuuuuuck, that would kill me. I'm hoping it is so I can softmod my Wii U.
>>
It's sad when most people will look forward to all the things they can shitpost with/about concerning new game news nowadays.

That's the only reason anyone cares, it's not just /v/ either.
>>
>>335644880
I just want to know the name as soon as possible. I'm no gonna stick around for /v/'s after party.
>>
>>335645248
About the name i don't think the "X" remains at the final, it will be too much confusion having xbox
>>
File: 1367777041995.gif (221 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1367777041995.gif
221 KB, 500x375
bump
>>
>>335645360

You are talking about the idiots who named a second system wii u after the one before it wii.

You are talking about the idiots who named a second system super nintendo entertainment system after the one before it, nintendo entertainment system.

You are talking about the idiots who called the improved 3ds the new 3ds.

These people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>335644010
>>335645686
There's something very satisfying about someone bumping your thread instead of doing it yourself.
>>
>>335645360
I doubt people are dumb enough to associate Microsoft with Nintendo due to the letter X.

>inb4 it's called Nintendo Nexus
>or maybe Nintendo XPLOSION
>>
>>335643649
I love you, anon. We are kindred spirits.
>>
Explanation of the PS4/NX/XBone right now:

https://youtu.be/h_qNqBloKU4?t=672
[start at 11:12]
>>
>>335645687
i give the wiiu shit, but i don't see problem with the others
>>
>>335645806
me neither, at least at that point but you can be sure people here will be shitting around about it
>>
>>335646279

Nintendo isn't the best with coming up with names that differentiate things very very clearly. Hell, they aren't the best with coming up with names PERIOD to be quite honest.

The Wii is an awful, atrocious name for a system.

The Wii U is even worse.

I'll be surprised if this new system isn't named something really fucking idiotic.
>>
>>335645770
i just wanted to continue the talk of the other 2 past threads
>>
>>335644751
Good. Power PC has been holding Nintendo back
>>
>>335646590
The "Wii" was jarring at first but there is no denying the marketing behind it was incredible as the name very quickly stuck and became a household name.

The "Wii U" on the other hand was the worst name possible as it caused nothing but confusion, and from a marketing point of view, didn't look like a step up form Wii. Nintendo clearly so desperately wanted to ride on the success of the Wii brand. But they should have made it simple to read and called it the "Wii 2" or something along those lines.
>>
>>335646992

No. The Wii is an awful name as well.

It makes anyone who says it sound like a fucking idiot child. No matter their age.

Calling something "wee" out loud makes you sound immature. It sounds simply ridiculous and I hope whoever greenlit that ridiculous name is shot.
>>
>>335646590
so, what's a "good name" for you?
>>
>>335647193

Something that isn't the equivalent of saying a kid version of urine, for a start.
>>
>>335646992
If they had just done a "Wourd U Rike Tsu Pray" campaign, the Wii U would have sold like hotcakes.

Honestly, I don't think even Nintendo wanted the Wii U to succeed. It was just there as a stopgap, something to try and retain market share for a few years. They've probably been working on the NX since the Wii launched, and weren't ready when it came time to release another console.

So they copied a few of the planned features for the NX into their own console and fired them out into the market with a dumb name. If it had sold well, especially without marketing, just due to the Wii name, that was just a bonus.
>>
>>335646541
>you can be sure people here will be shitting around about it

Oh yeah, definitely.

>>335646590
I think the Wii was stupid at first, but it grew on me and eventually seemed kinda fitting somehow. The Wii U is just a damned stupid decision all around.

Stuff like the NEW 3DS works for the japs because the word 'new' seemed fresh and exciting to them. The folks over at NoA debated a little, but it amounted to just going with NEW 3DS. That one guy who got fired for talking too much on some podcast was talking about it.
>>
>>335645806

Xbox 360 gained it's name because it was competing with the ps3 and Microsoft thought if they released it as the Xbox 2 it would be considered obsolete by consumers.

Marketing works in retarded ways so there's a good chance Nintendo don't go with anything X related.

Mind you they went to all that effort building the Wii brand and fucked it up completely with the WiiU
>>
>>335647163
You must have pretty low self esteem and live in a small town with very few friends or something. Plus you are only accounting for the English language.

I don't mean to suck Nintendo's dick and quote them but it's like they said before, It's no different than the first time you heard "Google"
>>
>>335647381
I hope you are right
>>
>>335648032
What are you blathering about?

Naming a device "wee" is idiotic, no matter where you live.

It sounds immature and silly.
>>
I don't own a wiiu but there's a bunch of games on it I'd like to play so I hope NX is backwards compatible.
>>
>>335648380

Phonetically the same as one of the most common words in the English language.

>silly and immature

Whatever you say man, but maybe it reflects more on you if you can't hear it without thinking about pees and poos.
>>
Name it Nintendo Neptune
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.