[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Actually isn't a shit. Probably the best member now. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92
File: rea.png (84 KB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
rea.png
84 KB, 328x328
Actually isn't a shit. Probably the best member now. The rest are shit
>>
FFX was fucking over, but they didn't end it.
Why? It took them forever, they couldn't play it for shit even with a fucking guide open in their lap and they also got super salty because of people calling them off on their retardation.
Woolie being all patronizing about the game in the credits was just amazing, seeing how he basically spent the whole time playing Plinkett with Matt with such amazing incompetence.

I just hope they only want to try beating the dark aeons and Penance, a FFX-2 would be the worst unless they brought Liam in to not be completely and utterly atrocious.
>>
File: uyQRV9I.jpg (228 KB, 696x373) Image search: [Google]
uyQRV9I.jpg
228 KB, 696x373
All have good points, all have bad points.

/v/ will just always single out one in any group of internet replacement friends because autism
>>
>>335462843
so which boss will pat get stuck on in ds3?
>>
How can you have three people in on a Dark Souls LP, and still miss items? Have one of them constantly pay attention and be on the lookout for missed drops or items in the environment. Fucks sake, it's not rocket science.
>>
File: 1386262081539.jpg (20 KB, 130x234) Image search: [Google]
1386262081539.jpg
20 KB, 130x234
>that Heavy Rain stream
>Woolie shooting the guy so quickly the others had no time to react
>>
>>335463430
And also him acting like it wasn't that big of a deal, and Liam reminding him that they broke into his apartment and assaulted him.
And then, Pat's laughter.
>>
>DaS 3 play through
>Matt keeps trying to make dumb jokes e.g. something to do with kindling bonfires being internet related
>Pat and Woolie completely sandbag him every time he opens his mouth

As good as that was I'd much rather just not hear him in anything. Then again I've not watched anything of theirs since Life is Strange and Bloodborne so I can't really complain unless I'm one of the poor sad fucks who still watches everything they put out. I miss the days of Streetwise and the two good Silent Hill playthroughs.
>>
>>335463430
He literally is a murderer, no memeing.
>>
The only one I cant stand is Matt, but he isnt going to go anywhere since he owns the channel.

HOW he is married and able to maintain friendships baffles me. He comes off as so insufferable, maybe he's better in real life.
>>
>>335463531
Yeah, Matt doesn't really belong. Personally I don't think Woolie is a great side for DaS either.
>>
>>335463531

When he brought up the internet I thought he was going to say something about flamewars. But he didn't
He said fucking nothing after bringing it up
>>
>>335464041
Should have been Pat Liam probably.
>>
>>335464154
Yeah, Liam's Devil Advocacy plays well to counter Pat's "I am appropriating this concept I misunderstood from somebody else".
Also he has played all of the other games, he keeps up with the action/exploration and he can tell left from right.
>>
>>335464304
Oh god you just reminded me that Woolie literally can't internal map and gets confused between left and right.
>>
Why did they name all the aeons after normalfag singers? Are they completely out of touch as to what their fanbase is made up of?
>>
>>335464524
I think they did it because they wanted to, and also who cares.
>>
File: 1309381848174.jpg (34 KB, 294x313) Image search: [Google]
1309381848174.jpg
34 KB, 294x313
>letting the most inept rpg player in the group do FFX because he needs to look popular
Fuck him
>>
>>335464304
do we all easily forget Ultra Dispair Girls?

>Woolie accepts that it was a shitty LP and they should have paid more attention
>Liam is pissy and moans about their fanbase
>>
Can we all agree that woolie has been the most consistently not shit.
>>
>Its the Liam cries because people are mean to Schafer and Inafune episode
>Its the Liam defends big companies episode
>Its the Liam shills the vita episode
>>
>>335464824
>can't tell left from right
>focuses camera somwhere
>extremely slowly pans it
>gets lost
no
>>
>>335464714
I didn't watch Ultra Despair Girls. Even though I have played and not terribly hated Danganronpa 2 and 3, hearing Liam and Woolie describe them as "excellent" just kills me.

I tried watching the LP since I'm sure as fuck not going to play the game, but I gave up.
>>
>>335464893
Can't forget the times where he feels the need to be a nigger for 15 minutes straight.
>>
>>335464896
> and not terribly hated Danganronpa 2 and 3
What the fuck did I even write. I meant Danganronpa 1 and 2, obviously.
>>
>>335464893
Not to mention
>YOOOOOOO
>DUDE
>The cackling followed swifty by a lung cancer tier cough
>>
>>335465004
>YEAYEAYEAYEAYEAYEA
>IT'S AN ENEMY STAND
>Is this King Crimson/The World?
>>
>>335465093
He's literally not even read Jojo's.

He's the worst kind of secondary.
>>
>>335465219
He keeps talking about how he's reading part 7 on the podcast? Did he just skip parts or something?
>>
>>335465219
He's read up to part 6

Pat has only read part 3
>>
>>335465093
Jojofags are the wost when they are woolie-like, don't they see how obnoxious it is? Especially secondaries like Matt and Pat who are animeonly fags for memes only.
>>
>>335465330
>>335465303
Oh that's right it was Pat.

My mistake.
>>
>>335465303
>>335465330
>>335465336
You guys are no better JoJo is casual as fuck
>>
>>335465336
I'm not sure Matt is even watching the anime, he keeps talking about how he's reading part 2 and he doesn't sound like he knows what's going to happen afterwards.
>>
>>335462918
Seeing as he's faceblocking everything, abyss watcher
>>
>Matt
>entire actual contribution to channel boils down to owning the channel
>can't be bothered to change the channel name to anything other than his fucking screen name
>can't open his mouth without quoting OSW or the Simpsons out of context with whatever is going on
>whiny little bitch who can't handle banter so surrounds himself in his own little tumblr hugbox where he can do no wrong
>goes to a WWE Raw show and spends the whole time trying to pull that one retarded face he always does whenever they switch to the hard camera
>when not doing that he's waving around stupid signs trying to put over the channel (push rage, rustlemania 2 etc.)
>Doesn't even play games anymore since his "muh missus" hates them unless he's doing it "for work" [citation needed, heard this on /v/]

>Pat
>laid back and somewhat well spoken when on his own
>turns into a shouting madman talking over everyone when with someone else
>spoils new games for himself and the channel by watching streams or playing ahead in his own time
>spouts shit he heard from lore videos as his own genius fact
>that time he decided to be an sjw despite cracking sexist jokes in early videos and calling people faggots at street fighter tournaments

>Woolie
>constantly nigs out and forces fake hype as if he's trying to commentate a MvC3 match
>constantly references Jojos or whatever flavour of the month anime he's watching
>actually retarded and can't tell left from right and gets motion sickness
>shit at games and only wins at fnf or sns because he picks all the games and picks OP boss characters
>Matt's lapdog
>started to quote OSW, probably because Matt won't stop

>Liam
>doubles avocado
>hates the fanbase because they call him out on shit all the time, isn't afraid to let the fanbase know this
>actually supports Mighty No 9 and all the shit that went with it
>90% of the time is pretty boring unless he's burning everyone
>unironically likes neps

I don't know why I bother watching anymore
>>
>>335466997
>muh missus
It's just that she doesn't like him spending all day playing games, he has a habit of doing that shit day in day out, even when it isn't for the channel
>>
why is matt sitting in on the DS3 lp when he has nothing meaningful to add to it

i would rather liam sitting in and he's shit
>>
>>335467651
I don't believe you, nobody can be dumb enough to marry a guy who plays videogames all day for a living then get pissy that he plays videogames all day.
>>
>>335462337
I started listening to the podcast and Liam is the most insufferable cunt I've ever heard talk about video games.

He's wrong about shit a lot but it's like no one bothers correcting him because he's too much a stubborn fuckhead to listen.
>>
>>335467958
Time travel ethics
>>
>>335468047
I'll admit. I'm a big fan of them and have no problem with any of them. But that fucking argument was insufferable.
>>
>>335468047
>makes a living playing video games and talking about shitty anime
>"I'd rather work for my money"
hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>335467958
What the fuck were they talking about recently where he said something to the fact of "I know I'm being petulant" but then kept on going anyways

I think it was when he was making excuses for the new Mirror's Edge game
>>
>>335466997
>unironically likes neps
He says the games are trash, but he likes his junk food
>>
>>335468047
>BUT UNFAIR ADVANTAGES GUYS, EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME CHANCE FOR EVERYTHING
How can someone actually think like this?
>>
Not lookin forward to hearing Liam open his mouth when SFZero is talked about.
>>
>>335469296
Because he will praise it or hate it?
>>
>>335469059
I started from the very beginning so I dunno.
The last thing that got me pissed off was Nintendo's censorship around Bravely Default and how they gave the girls pants for some of their job outfits and Matt and Pat and a sensible stance of not giving a shit until it actually affects a video game in a major way and he just wouldn't shut the fuck up about the pants.

I get people being annoyed that Nintendo did that or whatever but fuck me, Liam just wouldn't let it go
>>
Not lookin forward to hearing Liam's thoughts about SFZero when it comes up on the docket.
>>
File: 1459917922095.jpg (40 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1459917922095.jpg
40 KB, 720x480
>>335469059
>When they bring up Mirror's Edges Skill tree stupidity
>b-but it's okay character action games do it!

They are different genres of games entirely. Why would you compare them at all.

Dear god someone make Liam stop.
>>
What games does Matt even play/played? Seems like he only knows random nintendo games and shit he tested while he was working. Seems like a dumbfuck that doesn't know shit and hates lots of things.

Hi woolie! I C U
>>
>>335469260

He grew up a country bumpkin
>>
What the fuck are these guys going to do when their popularity starts to fade?

Liam said in an AMA that he's only making like 17K CAD a year and the others presumably make a similar amount. How are they going to survive? I know Liam and Woolie have plans to actually make a video game but ideas guys can only go so far.
>>
>>335469553
He has a taste that is mainly refined by his nostalgia and few select interests. He simply is not interested in games that dont pander to the sensibilities he has gained over the years.
>>
>>335469508
Not to mention he's comparing completely different magnitudes of complexity. At Mirror's Edge's absolute highest complexity, it probably doesn't even tickle the balls of a character action game's barrier of entry.
>>
>>335468047
Somebody needs to compile a list of all the stupid shit Liam's said over the years. Just off the top of my head.
>Time travel ethics
>Muscle Memory
>All that shit with Tim Schafer and Inafune
>Bringing up gun control out of nowhere

I need something good to rage at.
>>
>>335468047
can somebody summarize what he said? I think I listened to this podcast but dont remember. I just remember him saying Quantum Break should be called like John Time or some stupid shit.
>>
>>335470359
It was in a podcast long ago.

They were discussing the ethics of time travel for personal gain, like getting the numbers for a winning lottery ticket, finding which stocks would go up, or digging up an oilfield that you found the location of.

Woolie and Pat were totally for taking advantage of their time power while Matt and Liam were against it. Liam basically said that doing so would be just like stealing from other people who are playing the lottery or stocks and that giving yourself an unfair advantage compared to others purposefully is unethical. When Woolie and Pat called him out on how retarded that was, he just told them that they were missing the point and that he wanted to work for his money.
>>
>>335464850
>I know this is a podcast about videogames but let me bring up gun control for a second
>I know we talked about how discussing Spiderman is a spoiler but let's openly discuss another film we just watched
>No it's not hypocritical shut up though
>>
>>335471653
There was a point where Pat yells at Matt for spoiling a part of some Lego Batman trailer which I thought was genuine.

But then I realized Pat was just being a shit due to him and Woolie arguing about spiderman in the marvel trailer and spoiling things in trailers in general.
>>
File: 1407556270422.gif (3 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1407556270422.gif
3 MB, 245x245
no mention of jojo or gundam on last week's podcast. thank the lord
>>
>Dark Souls 3 was delayed for two weeks so Matt and Woolie could finish the play through that literally no one asked for
>They're still planning on playing through Demon Souls with literally months in between sessions
Woolie is objectively the worst, he's the only one who legitimately seems like he doesn't even want to have to try and make entertaining content
>>
>>335463428
Matt and Woolie might as well be hosting a podcast or something, they basically go for long stretches of talking about their bullshit until Pat brings the game back to their attention
>>
So how bad was FFX
>>
File: i_feel_you.png (162 KB, 187x433) Image search: [Google]
i_feel_you.png
162 KB, 187x433
tfw I already beat ds3 3 times so there is nothing for me time do but get pissed at how bad they are
>>
>>335464524
Yeah
That's why Woolie thought it was hilarious to name his pokemon after rappers in the Nuzlocke, or why he insists on playing Dark Souls like it's a DnD game and introducing his own dumb OC naming convention
>>
>Demon's Souls
Most of the stream footage I've seen is them in dark dimly lit dungeons and/or corridors.

Is that all there is in that game?
>>
>>335473382
Never having played FFX, not as bad as I thought it would be.
>>
>>335473443
no
>>
LEVEL UP LUCK XD
>>
>>335472034
>spoiling things in trailers
God that was bullshit.
Everyone and they're mother knew that spidey was gonna be in Civil War.
Sometimes i feel like they just shit talk pat for the fuck of it.
>>
File: BC.jpg (237 KB, 900x705) Image search: [Google]
BC.jpg
237 KB, 900x705
>>335473981
say what you will about pat. but he is usually in the right. the others are ruled by emotion. hence their liberal arts degrees.
>>
>>335474081
you are aware of what pat went to uni for right
>>
I kind of wish Woolie was playing again so I could be infurated throughout the 85 parts this series will be due to his 'directions' and menu openings

>Speed
>>
>>335463430
I loved how he started trying to justify shooting the guy and someone (was it pat or liam?) said something about blacklivesmatters.

It was hilarious.
>>
>>335474317
If Woolie were playing they'd still be on the character creator
>>
File: Happy_King_Crimson.jpg (128 KB, 605x695) Image search: [Google]
Happy_King_Crimson.jpg
128 KB, 605x695
>>335474212
yea, I realised as soon as I posted. at least you can use it somewhat as premed. a fucking art degree is still more worthless.
>>
>>335469260
Although impossible to achieve, the concept itself is very good.
>>
>>335469742
I mean...

Kevin Feige is an idea guy, look at where he is now.
>>
File: ntr.png (33 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
ntr.png
33 KB, 250x244
>>335474954
he had money. he can be whatever he wants
>>
>>335469742
so they make about 300 a week. that means that woolie literally spent a week's pay on underwear.
>>
>>335475328
don't forget they are making that in CAD, so he spent a week and a half's pay on underwear from a series he is fairly surface about.
>>
>>335474503
>>335474317

Fucking christ I think I understand "triggering" and claiming PTSD now. It completely slipped my mind of his complete ineptitude of navigating menus too

Jesus christ
>>
>>335474546
then why did pat have a shitty grocery job while the others were at least testing games?
>>
>>335477887
being a game tester isn't that much better of a job. but the answer is that they all lack actual skills.
>>
File: ovfkY[1].jpg (93 KB, 619x863) Image search: [Google]
ovfkY[1].jpg
93 KB, 619x863
>>335462337
>derides Geoff on being a sell out hack during the VGAs
>Oh but I'm cool with it when I have to pose with him for publicity and image
Matt's the biggest back peddling cancer there ever was
>>
>>335478712
>implying you wouldn't want your picture taken with The Dorito Pope.
>>
Matt and Woolie don't understand character arcs, they don't grasp that things change over time in a story. The way they callously joked and ridiculed the end of FFX, including literally claiming that Tidus becoming ethereal and passing through Yuna as he fades from existence was a clipping bug, was ridiculous and a waste of the entire game. They didn't take anything seriously and entirely missed out on any emotion or connection to the story. They wasted all the mana they could on Flare, when their -aga spells do nearly as much damage, they spread out damage across enemies instead of eliminating them one at a time to reduce incoming damage, they never found out that swapping characters is free, they couldn't grasp that you lose turns after using an Aeon's overdrive and were bewildered every time, Matt hovered over every move every turn as if he forgot what they all did, they were scared to use the basic attack command, and a million other things. Fuck man.

>what? Something didn't do what I thought it would? That's weird
>>
>>335480928
What's worse / even funnier is they had a strategy guide open the entire time and they still managed to fuck everything up
>>
File: 1460476448275.jpg (209 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1460476448275.jpg
209 KB, 600x582
>>335469296
He slammed it on Twitter, but tried to damage control once some autistic nintenyearold was flaming him in response
>>
File: 1455851579771.jpg (136 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1455851579771.jpg
136 KB, 800x640
>>335480928
I stopped watching their playthrough around the time they got to Mt Gagazet. Watching them ruin the Aeons with shitty names was too much for me, among many other things.

Because of this awful playthrough I went and bought the HD collection and did my own playthrough of both games, which was actually pretty fun.

FFX-2 is the videogame equivalent of a chick flick.And I loved every minute of it.
>>
>>335481767
X-2 plays really good. The combat is great.
>>
>>335480928
>Expecting Woolie to understand characterization and storytelling
He's the type of guy who only understands anime tropes and tries to make everything fit into his preconceived notions on what the story is, anything more complex than characters with strictly defined character traits and clearly stated goals baffles him
>>
>>335469414
Because his basis of hate will only be "Its just 64 AGAIN UGGHHHHH"

Nevermind that he mistakenly thought Katt was a new character in one of the Nintendo Direct streams.

Which he probably did because the Katt he saw isn't the crappy looking one from Star Fox Command which he defends as being okay (it fucking wasn't)
>>
>>335464524
>Are they completely out of touch as to what their fanbase is made up of?

What are you implying? The Rompa playthrough was their lowest, least viewed playthough in a long time.
>>
File: 1453920501953.png (150 KB, 340x442) Image search: [Google]
1453920501953.png
150 KB, 340x442
>>335481918
hence why he can't handle part 7 and will shit on 8
>>
File: 1278931094712.jpg (63 KB, 940x790) Image search: [Google]
1278931094712.jpg
63 KB, 940x790
>mfw all the pissed off pokemon autists the last two fridays
>>
>>335482964
What happened with them?
>>
>>335483674
Well for starters, Pat started the Pokken video by saying that people who like Gen 2 are pieces of shit
>>
I just want to make clear that their fake 'tester' lingo is not impressive or pleasant to listen to

>t-pose
>funnel
>exterior collisions

Nothing bugs me as much as when Woolie or Matt will start bug testing while playing a game. They get so excited about it too, like they accidentally just gravitate into playing the game like a trained monkey trying to check if the walls work or meticulously pacing around the area like it means something, out of thoughtless habit. And they get proud about it too.

Oh and let's not forget
>stops moving in order to talk

Sarcastic cynical willfully ignorant relativist mouth breathers. I hate Canadians, what is your country even for.
>>
>>335483910
why do you watch them if you hate them so much
>>
>>335483674
Both times they didn't picked that waifubait one.
>>
File: 1300728807342.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1300728807342.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>335483910
I really love when they try to talk like they know how game development works, when all they've done is work as fucking QA testers.

>mfw they want to make their own game
>>
>>335484179
Kek they really did didn't they?

Both videos they straight up ignore or forget about Gardevoir.

That's great.
>>
It's so goddamn obvious that pat has been watching japanese release streams of das3.
>>
>>335484179
>>335484404
I would love it if they had actually done it to piss off waifufags, but knowing them, their reason for it was "Eww if there are girl looking things in games its creepy :("
>>
>>335484557
He even admitted in the first ep to have watched Oroboro's pre-release stream
>>
>>335484642
I know but i think he watched way more than just the pre release stream.
>>
>>335484723
he has not shown any signs of it... so far
>>
File: 1357389448775.jpg (171 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1357389448775.jpg
171 KB, 621x621
>>335462337

HAHAHAHA
AHAHAHA

No.
Contrarian shitstain is still a contrarian shitstain.
His opinions are fucking awful, and he always has some uninformed shit to say about games he hasn't even completed. The weeb act got tired immediately.

Pat is, was and always will be the best friend.
Matt ranks higher than Woolie purely due to the fact that when Woolie joined he brought that faggot Liam with him.
>>
>>335484641
I think they just straight up forgot about it.

Which is weird when both of those rosters were pitifully small but whatever
>>
>Pat says "DROP YOUR SHIELD" enough that it becomes a catchphrase
>now in DaS3 he doesn't roll despite having a fast-as-fuck roll with plenty of i-frames

For fucks sake this LP is going to be terrible. Why did they even invite Matt anyway?
>>
>>335485117
>Why did they even invite Matt anyway?
>invite
>implying they had a choice on the matter
>>
>>335485117
>Why did they even invite Matt anyway?
You seem to imply they invited him. It's pretty clear that Matt's been shoehorning himself into as many playthroughs as possible since he got back from his honeymoon in a desperate attempt to get some popularity back
>>
>>335485250
Pat wanted him there.

And Pat+Woolie+Matt combos tend to be my favorite anyway
>>
>>335485412
I wonder how butthurt he got over how good the channel was when he was out for vacation a few months ago
>>
>>335462337
STOP MAKING FUN OF INAFUNE
RIGHT
NOWWWWWW
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>335485890
Jewafune
>>
File: Criminal Scum.jpg (53 KB, 407x378) Image search: [Google]
Criminal Scum.jpg
53 KB, 407x378
>the discussion leads to Star Wars
>they start parroting RLM
>>
>>335486165
They also parrot RLM in their Batman vs Superman thing
>>
Pat > Woolie >>>>>>>>>>>>> cat Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>> Liam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dog Shit >>>>> Matt
>>
File: 1426274739574.jpg (144 KB, 1000x810) Image search: [Google]
1426274739574.jpg
144 KB, 1000x810
>It's a Pat says an unfunny joke, no one laughs, and then he proceeds to say it 8 more times episode
>>
>Matt was allowed to have a panel for some Godzilla con
Didn't know owning Godzilla figures made you into an expert
>>
>Zelda TP LP
Matt:MALOMALOMALOMALOMALOMALO
>DSIII LP
Matt: Hehe, Malo

I wouldn't say that I want Matt to die. I'd just want him to get throat cancer.
>>
>>335486703
>doubting Matt McNetflix to not have seen them all
He's a cancer in multiple ways and a poser of many subjects but I wouldn't doubt him on the subject of movies.
>>
File: smile.gif (929 KB, 250x185) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
929 KB, 250x185
BEST FRIENDS DRINKING GAME
Take a shot when:
>pat quotes vaati on lore
>matt quotes simpsons or wrestling
>woolie says yo
>liam says like
>>
>Their reddit mods made a thread asking people not to tell them how to play DS3
>Thread was deleted again
lol
>>
>>335486240
Pat can't talk about a movie without parroting RLM
Also Liam getting mad about Nancy Grace and muh gf is a journalist
>>
File: 1409036888475.jpg (124 KB, 484x515) Image search: [Google]
1409036888475.jpg
124 KB, 484x515
>>335486982
>matt quotes simpsons or wrestling
How about no because I don't want to fucking die.
>>
>>335487219
>"Liam is getting political now"
>Oh he's going to talk about the forced zionist actress playing Wonder Woman
>It's just some dumb journalist drama
>>
>>335464896
I think DR1 and SDR2 are excellent games as well. It's called liking different things.
>>
>>335484641

>ugh the main character's boring white guy?
>eh the arbiter's okay I'm just glad they didn't put boring master chief in KI.
>you can't make Big Boss a girl? How boring.
>they need to make less games with boring normal people in them.
>why won't they make a Star Wars movie with an alien main character? Humans are boring.

A person is boring if they need something to be unusual or subversive to 'interest' you. This type of thinking is the picky eating of media consumption. It's indicative of a misunderstanding of what character is and is a purely mundane and physical truncation of what a person is. I guess that's what you can expect from the man in the purple and green dreads with the Reboot pin.
>>
>>335470692
it seems like Liam is right there. It seems equivalent to insider trading. Guss it up all you want but acknowledge that you'd be a thief if you did it.
>>
JECHT IS A CHEATER
>>
>>335465523
Pontiff gonna fuck him up. He laughs at shields.
>>
>>335484967
This, and Liam's also the most angry and pissy while for some reason believing he is the most open-minded and calm. When Pat says he doesn't like something Liam assumes Pat is saying nobody's allowed to like it and it shouldn't exist, then Liam gets heated and you can hear a whine in his voice, usually followed by character attacks and an attempt to disqualify the other's right to speak or have an opinion.

>I don't like it
>Oh come on! So you're saying you'd rather have nothing? There are other people in the world besides you, nobody cares what you think! Whatever, you can't do anything about it anyways, like, it's already happened! I thought you were smarter than this? It's a good thing nobody respects or listens to you!
>>
>Matt and Woolie shitting all over FFX despite not following the story of the game at all
>Shitting all over the ending, despite being good
>>
>>335462337
>"Guys don't say Jewnafune it's mean :("
>Le doubles advocate
>It's a "Liam isn't even remotely funny" episode, which is all of them
Fuck off Liam we all know you shill yourself on here
>>
>>335488173
He's the only one in the group who contantly mentions /v/.
>>
>>335488372
Woolie too. He is mostly /m/ though
>>
>>335486982
You could in a single video make your liver into a sieve by drinking anytime Woolie says anything of the following:

>YO, DUDE, YEAYEAYEAYEA
>Enemy stand, king crimson, the world
>Hyena laughing, Bonus shot if coughs like a cancer patient after
>Obnoxious mic maxing OOOOOOOOOOOOOH
>>
>>335488416
>He is mostly /m/ though
If he was he might actually have any fucking idea of what he was talking about when it comes to /m/ shit
>>
>>335464893

No way, the man has turned into a bridezilla over the past year or so. Listen to him try and cut anything short.
>>
File: smug.png (447 KB, 466x466) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
447 KB, 466x466
>>335488372
didnt /a/ blow him the fuck out so hard that he hates talking about anime on the podcast?
>>
>>335486859

This he will explain in depth all the good bits of a movie before you get to them if you'd ever watch a movie with him.
>>
>>335488698
yes. He barely talks on the anime podcast he was on recently as well.
>>
>>335488162
It was even worse when they got all pissy about people correcting them and acting like the games story was super vague while in reality they were talking over everything
>>
>>335488698
His reason was something like "I wont talk about it since I am not allowed to like things". Which is the most pussy ass martyr reason ever.
>>
>>335488831
I can't believe they shit on the ending and ruined it by making stupid jokes over it

I'm actually triggered
>>
WHY
WON'T
THEY
STOP
TRYING
TO
TALK
ABOUT
JOJO

MAKE THEM STOP HOLY SHIT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT ESPECIALLY PAT WITH HIS SECONDARY FAN WIKI KNOWLEDGE
>>
>>335488841
what a huge pussy, did he seriously say that?
>>
>>335488698
That was /m/ with "dont watch ZZ" woolie
>>
Didn't Woolie get BTFO by /m/ when he discussing Gundam in a thread? I've only heard of the incident once, and was checking if it was an actual thing. Either way, there's a reason why these niggas probably stay at their subreddit.
>>
>>335489223
/m/ often shit on him because he hadn't watched their favorite gundams

I think at this point he's catching up, but I'm not sure
>>
File: 1351718674178.png (184 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1351718674178.png
184 KB, 500x375
>>335464695
>Let's Playing RPGs in the first place
>>
>>335489136
>Mat has read more parts than Pat who's always trying to talk about shit that happened in 6 and 7 when he never read them
>>
>>335489137
Something very close to that, the main point being "because I am not allowed to like things".
>>
>>335489404
Pat has read part 3 and 4.
He started reading part 5 but dropped it because God knows why.

Woolie has read from 1-6 and is reading 7 at the moment.

Matt is only reading Battle Tendency
>>
File: jewdough grin.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
jewdough grin.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
>>335489219
>>335489223
Figures Woolie would fall for the oldest shitpost on /m/

Especially since the old "hurr it's not canon" argument isn't even vaguely plausible anymore thanks to Unicorn.

>>335489329
It's the old case of them not knowing shit about a subject but trying to talk like they do know shit anyways. It's fine if you're just getting started on watching stuff but jesus christ don't pretend you actually know anything.
>>
>>335489404
I'm pretty sure Pat has read part 4. If he read part 4 wouldn't it be assumed that he read parts 1 through 3? Matt has only read part one and he's reading it now.
>>
>>335489404
Matt has read to part 4 atleast. Pat hasnt even gone that far.
>>
>>335489521
Pat hasn't watched part 1 and 2, he just watched the anime of those
>>
File: wooles.png (29 KB, 1877x300) Image search: [Google]
wooles.png
29 KB, 1877x300
>>335489223
woolie was here some time ago. he's got the thickest skin of all the sbf and he apparently actually likes harsh, irrational criticism every now and then
>>
>>335489512
Thanks for clearing that up.
I don't understand how they don't spend time actually getting themselves optimized and informed on the shit they want to talk so much about.

That reminds me, its been a while since I've heard them talk about Kamen Rider.
>>
>>335489512
He didnt got memed by /m/, he is the one insists you shouldnt ZZ and got BTFO because of that and bunch of stuff more, like being a poser Kamen Rider fan
>>
>>335489521
Months ago Pat actually told skip parts 1 and 2 because they were animated, he never read them. Then he didn't read Part 3 because he saw enough of it with the games and anime. The only part he's actually read is 4 and like half of 5 which he'll never finish. This is also the same man that once told people to watch Wan Piss instead of read it
>>
>>335489719
>Some time ago
Back in the day he popped in ever so often.
Liam too.
It kind of stopped after people started hating more
>>
>>335489872
i mean, that thread he posted in was 90% stupid shitposting and he still started replying to stuff. i think he still probably lurks here sometimes
>>
>>335488841

Yes. Liam actually believes that people disagreeing with him means he's not allowed to have his opinion. Note how when Pat disagrees with him Liam gets angry and has to outwardly contextualize Pat's words as meaning nothing and claim Pat has no right to speak or think that way.
>>
>>335489719
>he apparently actually likes harsh, irrational criticism every now and then

Judging by how him and Pat in the Telltale Minecraft LP STILL think the Blazblue "Fisticuffs" wasn't a joke they made shit by wasting time and letting the punchline run on too long, this is pretty valid.

Thanks for the screencap, I almost thought this was a myth.
>>
>Matt and Woolie actually thought you needed to use MP to summon the Aeons

What a horrible LP that was, and I'm scared since it's (technically) not over yet.
>>
File: D4c_sbr69.png (2 MB, 795x1016) Image search: [Google]
D4c_sbr69.png
2 MB, 795x1016
>>335489136
where is president in our time of need?
>>
File: 1262521223055.jpg (28 KB, 356x317) Image search: [Google]
1262521223055.jpg
28 KB, 356x317
>>335490059
>mfw I thought it was fun and don't care for shitty BB
>>
File: zz inbetween torres.jpg (44 KB, 412x406) Image search: [Google]
zz inbetween torres.jpg
44 KB, 412x406
>>335489859
>He didnt got memed by /m/
Except that's exactly what it is, ZZ has been shitposted to death forever since the first 10 or episodes are kinda weak and a massive mood whiplash from the end of Zeta despite being a direct continuation. That and it only recently got actually decent subs, so that probably didn't help either.

It's probably the weakest of the first three Gundam series but it doesn't deserve anywhere NEAR the amount of shit it's had flung at it. Especially since, like anything else, less than half of the people flinging shit have actually watched it.
>>
Can we just agree that Gundam is just trash
>>
>>335469482
I understand his stance of "I don't enjoy being told that legs are too racey for me", but he could address it in a more approachable way.
>>
>>335490243
He claims he watched ZZ from begging to end and still insists youll never watch it
>>
>>335489719
>Reddit neutral
Yeah ok.
>>
How were the characters in FFX "immature"? Yuna was willing to kill herself to save Spira. Tidus DOES end up killing himself to save Spira. Wakka has character development where he stops being a racist bigot and accepts his brother's death. It seems to me that all the characters have rational reasons for doing what they do, they don't do it out of some childlike nonsense or whatever would qualify for "immature".
>>
>>335490429
Matt and Woolie are art majors.

They have minimal understanding of anything that requires you to think for a bit.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (32 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
32 KB, 500x480
>>335490218
I ain't mad at that. I actually do like Blazblue, but I can see why people wouldn't like it. I just feel they could've eventually cut to footage of them playing a fighter or something they unironically find worthwhile, like Third Strike, instead what went down.

>mfw even when the newest BB comes out, they do it again.
>>
>>335490359
All of his criticisms of it in that first podcast was shit that only applies to the first part of the show. Unless he elaborated elsewhere, he's full of shit. I very well could have missed him saying more since I only listen to the podcast sporadically and don't follow their shit elsewhere, but based solely on that whole thing where he was telling Pat not to watch ZZ, he clearly never watched the whole thing.
>>
>>335487658
It is the same, but it's more the "I want to work for my money" while he makes a really good living off of making fun of video games.

His jokes on heavy rain were really good though.
>>
Liam visits /v/ and /a/, he used to visit /v/ every day but I don't know if that's true anymore.

Woolie visits /v/ and /m/ but he doesn't go on 4chan as frequently as Liam.

Pat never goes on 4chan, he's a NeoGAF babby.

Who the fuck knows with Matt
>>
>>335490780

matt likely browses /trash/
>>
>>335477887
Getting a degree never actually guarantees you a job. And also his major was one for a career in which you need more than a bachelor's for.
>>
>>335490780
Matt stays on his tumblr safe space
>>
>pat not understanding why david hayter is upset over losing a part he loved to do

generally pat's pretty cool, but this was baffling to me
>>
>>335490780
>>335490873
Matt browses tumblr guys
>>
>>335490976
I can get Hayter being upset but the amount of public butthurt he's been displaying still confuses me.

Twitter was a mistake.
>>
>>335487520
This
Nothing irks me more than seeing Woolie make an immediate judgement call on an entire character based on design and then never changing his opinion once he actually knows the character, or complaining when things aren't anime enough for his tastes
>>
>>335490976
you really think "80 hours of humiliation" is an adult response? really?
>>
>>335480928
>watching Matt and Woolie play an RPG

there's your mistake
>>
>>335490996

With his fursona baby red panda he likely browses /trash/
>>
File: 1411416372992.jpg (49 KB, 437x402) Image search: [Google]
1411416372992.jpg
49 KB, 437x402
>>335491148
Red pandas are cool at least. He has good taste in that regard.
>>
>>335491084
it's not even about hayter though, pat's unable to understand the situation really pissed me off.
>>
>>335491130
I'll admit the statement is a little exaggerated, but Pat's lack of empathy was fucked.
>>
>>335490976
He's right though.
>>
>>335490976
Being upset you didn't get the job is fine
Issuing a statement saying playing the game would be equivalent to 80 hours of personal embarrassment is stupid
>>
>>335491698
it's hard to be empathetic towards someone who has been asshurt for 3 years now
>>
File: 1461312606422.jpg (912 KB, 1813x2111) Image search: [Google]
1461312606422.jpg
912 KB, 1813x2111
>thing happens
>Pat won't let it go
>>
>>335491771
he wasn't. Him being an independent contractor doesn't mean being Solid Snake wasn't a big deal to him.
>>
>>335491909
Liam is much worse in that aspect as he gets pissy teary eyed about it too.
>>
>>335490579
It would have been much better and appreciated if they went to the Blazblue character select screen, said fuck it, then put in Third Strike, like they did for the MGSHD collection.
>>
>>335492028
his argument was it was stupid for him to be attached to the character to the point were you'd remain bitter about it for years. he had to audition for every single roll. it should be a surprise he would be replaced eventually. also he was only ever solid snake to the people who played the English version. you don't see ocelot getting ass devastated.
>>
>>335477887
Because he likes playing vidya and especially MMOs more than studying or having a job you have to take seriously
>>
>>335492285
That was not his argument, I just listened to it in the car. Pat's argument was that it was silly for him to be sad about it at all because only Akio Otsuka is the "true" Solid Snake, and that Hayter was just an independent contractor.
>>
>>335491901
>>335491896

But the game came out last year, you don't think not being apart of the a highly marketed mega AAA game of a series you really enjoyed that's plastered everywhere isn't going to bring a back negative emotions?
>>
>>335490976
Pat was saying Hayter shouldn't feel humiliated. Pat was actually being the nicer person there, he was saying it's nothing to feel ashamed about.
>>
>>335492285
Snake's japanese voice actor also voiced Launchpad and Moominpapa. That makes him already more respectable thna Hayter.
>>
File: literal manchild.webm (3 MB, 508x280) Image search: [Google]
literal manchild.webm
3 MB, 508x280
>matt making several simpsons jokes every episode of ds3
>matt bringing up how he only cares about souls because of bloodborne and lovecraft
>matt having LITERALLY no importance in the ds3 lp and will probably stop coming after he realizes its not bloodborne 2
>>
>>335492441
what is ground zeros?
>>
>>335492274
Precisely.

>Playing CALAMITY TRIGGER when Chronophantasma EXTEND was the current release for at least 7 months stateside.

Don't play around with a joke when people already know the punchline.
>>
Why are they still doing Punisher?

Literally only Matt cares about it.
>>
>>335486982
>Or Wrestling
Oh man he's been quoting OSWReview 200% more lately.

And I may like them too and I may agree with Jay Hunter's opinion about NXT guys going to WWE but still.
>>
>>335492441
Again, it's fine to be upset, but it's not like he personally failed or the game was made to embarrass him, he just didn't get a voice acting part
>>
>>335492657
It was really heavily requested playthrough. Four years ago.
>>
>>335492432
he never said Otuska was the true solid snake. he said it was the true solid snake to people who play the japenese games. you seem to be missing the point that hayter has been upset over this for YEARS now. at most his position would warrent him a bit of dissatisfaction. but 80 hours of humilation? if hayter actually cared about mgs he would play the game any way.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 345x336
>>335492503
>>335492432
>>335492285

>mfw Woolie spends this argument fixating on the denying the truth that voice actors are voice actors and not literally stage actors

Pat never said voice actors don't work hard or aren't actors, Woolie alone asserted that any distinction between the two implies voice actors aren't actors.
>>
>>335492912
He did say Otsuka was the true Solid Snake and would be the only one who should be sad if he lost that job, because the Japanese version is the "definitive" version of the game. See his Mark Hamill comparison. You're overblowing the "time period for being sad" thing because that wasn't part of Pat's argument at all. Pat thought he shouldn't have been sad at all, not that he was being sad for too long.
>>
>>335492912
This. And let's not forget that nobody except David Hayter had ever voiced SOLID Snake. David Hayter IS the definitive English Solid Snake. Hayter's making this big scene about a character who was already voiced by another actor, Richard Doyle, in the past anyways.
>>
4playernetwork is the far better podcast. They actaully talk about video games and they don't hate each other.
>>
>>335493175
I don't care about pats argument. my argument is that spending 3 years of your carrier being bitter is extremely childish and stupid. and while I disagree with pat on a single voice actor being the definitive snake. no voice actors can say "they were snake" in a definitive way. and the idea that they would is so arrogant that they should seek mental help.
>>
>>335493563
>carrier
career
>>
>>335493563
I don't care about your argument, I was just making Pat's point clear.
>>
>>335490579
Seriously. Speaking as someone who enjoys Blazblue while acknowledging it's anime trash, the actual problem with that video isn't "they didn't play Blazblue!" it's "the joke just isn't very funny and amounts to 15 minutes of nothing."
I'd have rather had them cut to another game and spend 30 minutes just absolutely shit-talking Blazblue if it was at least entertaining.
>>
>>335490579
>>mfw even when the newest BB comes out, they do it again

They actually probably will since they seem to love patting themselves on the back for that video.
>>
>>335493709
pats point is half right.
>>
>>335492432
That was one of the examples, but that was mainly just to make the point that David Hayter was always strictly a dub role, so claiming personal ownership of the character was outrageous as a person who was simply hired on to voice a character that was not only made and written by someone else, but already voiced by another person who is closer to the director.

He then made the same point in that someone like Mark Hamill can have a connection to Luke Skywalker because he physically is him in addition to voicing him, and everyone else could not even comprehend the difference.

The most confusing thing is they then brought up russians dubbing over their own TBFP videos and saying under Pat's logic, they should no longer be attached to their online personas. Like, Pat's example would be closer to David Hayter being like these russians, he's not the original
>>
>>335493158
the more interesting thing about that point was that in a podcast a little bit before that with Takahata101 from Team Four Star, Liam draws a distinction between voice actors and other actors by calling other actors "real actors." Then Takahata says that's the most insulting thing that anybody could say to a voice actor. That's why Woolie says something along the lines of "I wish Taka were here to hear you say that" to Pat and they react to viscerally to his argument that there's a difference in "owning" a character if you're a VA or if you portray them. It's because they got chewed out by a VA by making a similar point like a week before.
>>
>>335494054
As seen by the Minecraft LP

Man, I never felt so disgusted more than that segment in the video where Pat and Woolie laugh about it. Like, I know this is all just video games in the end, but holy shit.

Funnily enough, Matt is the only one on record to have apologized for the video, but you can already assume that he only did it because he bitched from the fan response.
>>
>>335494485
what did liam say? do you happen to know the context. stage actors absolutely act more then voice actors, but only because they have to take a lot more things into account.
>>
>>335494287
except Pat was the only one who ever brought up "ownership" of a character, as Woolie correctly pointed out at least twice. It was never about "owning" a character, it was about whether Hayter had a right to feel bad for no longer getting to play that character. Just because Akio Otsuka exists doesn't foreclose all other versions of that character, that nobody else can have a connection to him. I'm sure if Sean Schemmel got shit-canned from being Goku he'd be bummed, and he'd have a right to be bummed.
>>
>>335494485
It's fucked up how they'll backpedal on this shit and act like a voice actor is literally the same thing as an actor, they are not the same skill set.

And at the same time, they'll attribute success or failure almost 100% to a video game's director or producer, like they can't acknowledge the work the rest of the staff put in, especially in the case of a new director getting a hold of a veteran team.
>>
>>335494793
Hayter has a right to feel bad about not playing Snake but that in no way justifies the sheer levels of assblasting he's been radiating for literal years now.
>>
>>335494735
You'll have to go listen to that podcast, I can't remember exactly what he says. It's the one they did at a convention, I haven't listened to that one in like a month.
>>
>>335494793
but bummed for years? bummed to the point were watching a episode would be 23 minutes of humilation? does he bum the fuck out when he hears the japenese voice actress?
>>
>>335490780
Didn't Pat get doxxed or some embarrassing shit get revealed on 4chan and that's the reason he doesn't show up anymore?
>>
>>335494954
>>335494880
Again, the "for years" part is just goal post moving. I got no opinion on that and Pat didn't bring that up in his argument.
>>
>>335494981
His account on some lewdsite was found, he wasn't even into any really freaky shit.
>>
>>335495084
I'm not talking about whatever specific part they were arguing about on the podcast, I'm just saying in general that Hayter's behavior has been fucking absurd.
>>
>>335494793
There's a difference between disappointment and being unprofessional, airing your anger about it in public for YEARS despite it being your career. There's also a difference in disappointment and equating it to actual shame when you were never an integral part of the original view of the character in the first place.
>>
>this entire thread

Why do you guys still watch them when they piss you off so much?
>>
>>335486443
>Woolie above liam
>>
>>335495227
Its a reaction, if i really didnt care i would just ignore them
TLTR: autism
>>
>>335495084
it has everything to do with it. the whole reason was brought up was because hayter brought it up recently. he was replaced when fucking ground zeros came out. it's like a mason finishing a wall to a house, and being upset that someone else is gonna live in there. mind you, venom was technically was a new character that had very little to do with the games hayter was associated with.
>>
>>335495227
It's kind of like watching cringe videos, also its good to have something to hate other than video games every now and then
>>
Why did no one tell me how hot Pat's girlfriend is
>>
>>335495227
I leave em open in the background while I do other shit sometimes if they're doing something interesting.
>>
>>335495196
>the for YEARS point
don't care wasn't in his argument
>There's also a difference in disappointment and equating it to actual shame when you were never an integral part of the original view of the character in the first place.
Why shouldn't he be ashamed or humiliated to see someone else VAing Snake? He was the voice of Snake for basically the entire English-speaking world. Who cares what the developers original view of an "integral part" of the character was? I just bring back up the Goku point again. That dub meant something to a lot of people, including him. Death of the Author, at a certain point the "original intent" doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>335495119
Yeah. That sounds about right for that little balding ginger.
>>
>>335495227

Talking about how bad they are is a way of ensuring their relevancy. Some people have built empires on not understanding video games. We here at /v/ inadvertently shill them for free.
>>
>>335495673
why do you care about pats argument so much. we can't have our own argument?
>>
>>335495119
Was it him or Woolie that liked really long hair?

Excellent taste, that.
>>
>>335495496
except Pat never argued that the absurdity was that he was mad for a long period of time, which is a more defensible point. He argued that it was absurd to be mad AT ALL, which is stupid.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 92

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.