[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arthas did nothing wrong. Why does Illidan get a holy redemption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: 240px-UtherArt.jpg (17 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
240px-UtherArt.jpg
17 KB, 240x240
Arthas did nothing wrong. Why does Illidan get a holy redemption while he gets nothing?
>>
neoblizz is retarded m8 its best to just consider all their games after vanilla wow to be fanfiction
>>
>>335219934
>Illidan gets NAARUD instead of Bolvar
>Bolvar STILL doesn't get to do anything but give some fags their weapons
I will never understand
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 184x184
>>335219934
>Hire mercs to destroy your forces ships
>Blame the mercs soldiers pissed off and kill mercs
>Men can't go back home when they want to
>OP says Arthas a good boy he didn't nuffin
>>
>>335219934

His death and separation from the crown was his redemption.
>>
>>335219934
HAHA le Arthas did nothing wrong meme XD
>>
but arthas did pretty much everything single thing wrong after stratholme
>>
>>335219934
Because he took it one step to far by going to northrend
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>335223267
This.
>>
>>335222058
>Bolvar STILL doesn't get to do anything but give some fags their weapons
except remake the 4 horse men and possibly KT
>>
>>335223267
>making mistakes and poor judgement calls is grounds for being un-redeemable

>meanwhile Illidan gets a free pass on genocide, murder, kidnapping, probably rape, using demon magic, consorting with demons, being a fucking elf
>>
>>335223679
Ilidan is still a fucktard but is better than Arthas becuase everything Arthas did was already planned for for him to become litch king.
>>
>>335223808
And that's exactly why he's innocent you fucking turd
>>
>>335219934
Because undead are irredeemable in the eyes of the holy light
>>
Even if Blizzard tried to redeem Arthas, what could they possibly do after that Lich King fiasco? At least Illidan's still alive.
>>
File: image.jpg (656 KB, 1600x1143) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
656 KB, 1600x1143
>>335223859
>He was warned not to go after Mal'Ganas
>He was warned not to take frostmourne
>Still innocent
>>
Reminder that everything he did was to protect his people. Yes, he did some stupid shit. But he always had the people of Lordaeron in his heart. Ner'zhul set him up to pick up the runeblade that would steal his soul. He wanted to defeat the Scourge, unaware of the machinations that led to his downfall. His only crime was being young and naive.
>>
>>335223267
>>335223384
Arthas should've just left Mul'Ganis to his own devices? Really Arthas' only problem is that Warcraft is a setting where swords can take over your personality.
>>
>>335224459
>implying he could have known the consequences
>implying he would have abandoned Muradin if he still had his soul
>implying you're not a screeching Illidan fanboy
>>
>>335223528
The 4 horsemen selection is garbage. I don't even understand the significance of the horsemen.
>>
Really the biggest hurdle I see with Arthas getting a redemption arc is the fact that he's fucking dead
>>
>>335224004
Argent crusade begs to differ
>>
>>335223859
Just because he was put on this path doesn't mean he is free of responsibility. He could have turned around and went home and help his land heal from the scourge and guard against it but he chose the path of revenge and it consumed him. All men are responsible for their actions and Arthas is no exception.
>>
>>335224652
So was Illidan but he's coming back somehow. All they need is an asspull gimmicks like a fragment of frostmourne so has his soul in it
>>
>>335224320
>>335224652
>make a thread about redeeming arthas
>spend entire thread arguing why he needs to be redeemed without addressing how it would be possible considering he's not even alive
>>
>>335224702
The Argent crusader's teaching and what the Light actually does are entirely different things
>>
>>335224467
His crime was choosing the path of vengence. I could have accepted his slaughter of a town already infected because that can be justified. But his thirst for vengence set him on the path to his own death.
>>
>>335224763
You can't just turn around at that point. His viewpoint is as a leader, and you can't seriously tell your men to pack up and go home, by the way your buddies died here for nothing.

And Arthas' motivation wasn't revenge. He wanted to save his people and in his mind the only way to accomplish this was slaying Mal'Ganis. You can't damn him for doing his duty and not knowing the consequences.
>>
File: Sad Rampardos.jpg (67 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
Sad Rampardos.jpg
67 KB, 446x251
>>335224467

>His only crime was being young and naive
>"His essence rushed to her, desperate, then shrank away in horrified recognition. The boy who would be Lich King. Just a scared little blond child, reaping the aftermath of a lifetime of mistakes."
>>
>>335224559
Everyone warned him not to so yes.
>>
File: 58487_pic92746_1418479599.jpg (16 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
58487_pic92746_1418479599.jpg
16 KB, 350x300
>>335219934
He didn't get nothing as well,just a miserable undeserved death
>>
>>335224561
No I hate both of them but he was warned not to.
>>
>>335224640
>I don't even understand the significance of the horsemen
Maybe you shouldn't discuss lore then
>>
>>335224934
And why should he have trusted them? Uther and Jaina turned their backs on him, and who's to say that Muradin knows better than him. I mean in retrospect Muradin was right, but retrospect doesn't count for much.
>>
>>335223528

>Possible Kel'Thuzad
>Kenan and Kel'Thuzad comes back
>"It's been too lon- wait who the fuck are you? You're not Arthas, how the fuck am I supposed to believe the ruler of the Undead is some burnt crash test dummy?"
>>
If not for illidan, the sunwell would have never been created and kelly t would never have been resurrected to start the next legion invasion
>>
>>335225169
Uther is old as fuck and wise. Jaina is the apprentice of the strongest Mage on Azeroth. How could they not be trust worthy?
>>
>>335225290
They also made the wrong call at Stratholme. The purge was the only reasonable thing to do, they just didn't have the stomach for it. Arthas was right to think they weren't cut out for the war they had to fight.
>>
>>335224459
Thats some angry wolf
>>
>>335225385
The purge was justified but doesn't mean you can't throw someone's advice in the trash.
>>
File: king arthas.jpg (230 KB, 900x1012) Image search: [Google]
king arthas.jpg
230 KB, 900x1012
>>335219934
Are you me? I loved Arthas and the Lich King. Was so disappointed how they ended Wrath without redeeming him. They imply pretty heavily that without his control the Scourge would have wrecked shit. Not only does he die without redemption, but he ends up going to Warcraft hell for all eternity.
Then frost dks get to kill his soul again.

Meanwhile fucking Illidan of all people gets a second chance despite trying to destroy the planet.

I think Metzen, or one of those coked out assholes just personally hates Arthas.
>>
>>335221567
This.
>>
>>335225524
How should Arthas have known that Uther was wrong about Stratholme but right about Northrend? The only real answer is that Arthas was railroaded by the plot; that is, he was fucked solely by the fact that Warcraft is a setting where a sword can take over your personality. None of his decisions were wrong in themselves, he just didn't know what kind of world he was dealing with.
>>
>>335225679

>implying vanilla WoW wasn't fanfiction-tier garbage too
>"that sexy noble lady is actually a dragon!"
>>
>>335225227
>Implying KT gave a fuck about Arthas
>Implying Arthas wasn't second in command during warcraft 3, and that KT was serving Ner'zhul by this point
Failed to even be funny 0.5/10
>>
>nerzhul as the lich king was creating an undead army to fight the burning legion

He didnt do anything wrong either.
>>
>>335225642
We DON'T KNOW if Illidan is redeemed yet
We DON'T KNOW the real intentions of Illidan on Outlands yet, as it's supposedly to be revealed in legion
>>
File: download.png (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5 KB, 205x246
Uther the Lightbringer says:Arthas...

Uther the Lightbringer says:Alas, hero of Azeroth, you give me a greater gift than you know.

Uther the Lightbringer says:Long have I struggled to forgive the prince for his terrible transgressions.

Uther the Lightbringer says:My soul has been wracked with unbearable anxiety, dark thoughts... distancing me from the Light.

Uther the Lightbringer says:I recall clearly the gleam of pride in his eye as he stood before me, eager to defeat the enemies of the Light...

Uther the Lightbringer says:Eager to defend his people, no matter the cost.

Uther the Lightbringer says:It is this memory of Arthas that I choose to keep in my heart.

Uther the Lightbringer says:I shall always be in your debt, friend.

Uther the Lightbringer says:Thank you.
>>
>>335225756

>If it wasn't for Arthas throwing Kel'Thuzad in the Sunwell his ass wouldn't even be around

0/10 there wasn't even an attempt
>>
>>335225821
if nerzhul was trying to destroy the legion why did he start the legion invasion?
>>
>>335219934
Because he was a racist white man instead of special snowflake night elf, not even joking.
>>
>>335222662
>arthas then kills his entire army himself and rezzes them as his army to storm lordaeron
>>
>>335225918
>Imblying that it wasn't a team effort of Ner'zhul and Arthas
>>
>>335225957
He didn't have much of a choice considering the dreadlords were watching everything he was doing. But the moment the legion was defeated he already had a plan to get out of there.
>>
>>335225740
Even his men were like "what the hell are you doing Arthas lets go home". Arthas should have known something was wrong if the fucking sword has a skull on it.
>>
>>335226014

Same person
>>
so what was his plan exactly? solo the entire scourge/burning legion with frostmourne? sure it's a powerful relic but he'd just get drowned in enemy bodies. he should have returned home and raised a fuckton of soldiers to combat the impeding invasion
>>
File: proudmoore death.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
proudmoore death.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>>335225017
That's still nothing compared to Admiral Proudmoore
>being betrayed by your own dauther and killed in front of her by some nignog dindunuffin
>>
>>335226087

>if the fucking sword has a skull on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
>>
>>335225747
Deathwing did the same thing in WCII.
>>
>>335219934
Uthers bicep is as big as his head, is he natty?
>>
File: 1457014995929.jpg (29 KB, 757x540) Image search: [Google]
1457014995929.jpg
29 KB, 757x540
>lose around 6 million subscribers
>make a desperate call to old fans and resurrect one of their most popular character Illidan
>not listening to your fans
>"You think we do, but you don't"
>>
>>335223679
literally everything illidan did up until fucking off to outland, he did to help his people.
>demon magic
to repel the demons and aszhara
>consorting with demons
to stop the lich king
>genocide
fair, but mostly shit metzen writing
>murder
he's a soldier
>kidnapping
for the greater good.

arthas, meanwhile, willingly sold his soul for power--by the time he picked up frostmourne, he'd stopped caring about his people and just wanted to BTFO of mal'ganis.

he then went on a killing spree, single-handedly annihilating both lordaeron and quel'thelas, then summoning demons who BTFO of the kirin tor, nordrassil, and ashenvale, as well as killing the night elves patron demigod.
>>
>>335226093
No, not until he put on the armor/ascended the frozen throne
>>
>>335226147
And then years later, your island gets nuked by those nignog dindunuffins and your daughter realizes TOO LATE that just because she has a lusting for thick green cock doesn't mean they're not animals.
>>
>>335226174
He's juicing up on holy light
>>
>>335224467
the only two things he did for the people of lordaeron were wipe out stratholme and chase mal'ganis into northrend. by the time he grabbed frostmourne, he was doing it entirely for himself.
>>
>>335226093
at the time, arthas was being guided by ner'zhul, who was in the sword.

they didn't merge until he put on the helm of dominion and sat on the frozen throne.
>>
>>335226256
Don't forget Illidan betrayed his brother and people by siding with the Highborne, and bottled the waters of the well so that it could be recreated.
>>
>>335226087
So commanders should defer to their men if they get antsy? Make sure to let the army know that they should change "away without leave" and "desertion" to the more reasonable "left the stove on" and "on holiday." And to be fair to skulls, I mean, swords are only for one thing. Or is this going to turn into a gunfag thing about how swords are really tools, look you can even open cans with them.
>>
File: vwJBtSb.png (820 KB, 497x863) Image search: [Google]
vwJBtSb.png
820 KB, 497x863
>>335226273
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>335225642
My niggah. Arthas is the greatest character in all of Warcraft. He was the rightful King of Lordaeron and of the Kingdom of Azeroth (only oldfags will know about this). May his soul rest in peace.
>>
>>335226453
>Illidan betrayed his brother and people by siding with the Highborne
as I recall that was a feint in order to get stronger so he could BTFO of archimonde and aszhara himself.

he wanted to recreate the well of eternity because it was powerful as fuck and he wanted to be able to defend his people.

remember: until he got demonically empowered, the night elves, even with the demigods, earthen, tauren, and gnolls, were losing to the highborne and demons.
>>
File: Garroshhellscream.png (229 KB, 262x371) Image search: [Google]
Garroshhellscream.png
229 KB, 262x371
Name ONE thing he did wrong
>>
>>335226513
This scene was worst, Varian totally cucked out this time, at this point Azeroth could be civilized world but no, let's war with niggers for all eternity.
>>
>>335226559
Are you sure about it being a feint? Or was that in the original time line without Brox and the rest of the crew?
>>
>>335226595
Killed Cairne
>>
>>335226476
If you resort to deception to get loyalty from your men you are not a good leader. And if you noticed in anything a skull means evil alert it's not hard.
>>
>>335226595
Fucked up his own people who disagreed with him instead of expalining why is his tactics better.
>>
File: ArthasTirion.jpg (387 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ArthasTirion.jpg
387 KB, 1680x1050
Didn't anyone else find this retarded/

>random paladin stands up to the dude that controls almost every undead on the planet
>>
>>335226797
He had the Plotbringer. From that moment I knew they were gonna pull something stupid out of their ass to kill Arthas.
>>
>>335226797

Ashbringer bruh
>>
>>335226671
Desertion used to be a capital crime. Is that better than Arthas' deception? Also, the semiotics of skulls are culturally dependent, Frostmourne is an ancient sword, and if skulls actually mean evil then you must be fucking paranoid at Halloween. But why should Arthas assume Frostmourne follows a spotty reading of 21st century American symbolism?
>>
>>335226627
pretty sure in the original timeline he still turned on the highborne because of his waifu tyrande.

then again, bronze dragonflight shenanigans are bullshit, and who's to know if that ISN'T how it originally went down?

>>335226595
>challenged one of the wisest leaders of the horde to combat because the guy didn't like how he was running to war
>goaded varian into combat on neutral ground
>led a bloody campaign through pandaria, up to and including using children as labour, fucking up a sacred grove for no other reason than because he could, and fucked up his own soldiers with sha energy
>used his own soldiers as cannon fodder for no reason other than they weren't his chosen orcs
>tried to assassinate one of the most loyal leaders because he didn't want to use despicable methods to get stronger

>>335226797
>random paladin stands up to the dude that controls almost every undead on the planet
the strongest remaining paladin of the order of the silver hand, wielding a hilariously overpowered sword that turns undead into ash with just its mere presence?
>>
>>335226797
>random paladin

He's literally the most powerful paladin who ever lived. He might as well be the Light.
>>
>>335226797
>random paladin
someone doesn't know lore
>>
>>335226898
arthas knew when he took frostmourne that it was cursed, muradin read him the inscription.

>>335226964
>He might as well be the Light.
nah, that's velen.
>>
>>335226964
Fuck off, Uther and Turalyon shit all over him
>>
>>335227002
What sacrifice is too great to make for one's people? "The one that turns out badly," basically.
>>
>>335226513
This might be one of the worst scenes in any game ever.

The only reason he doesn't do it is to keep the game going. It's such a tortured plot.
>>
>>335219934

Maybe in the next x-pac.
>>
> Ayylmao lets slaughter everyone
> Hold on now, you're asking me to slaughter citizens.
> IM THE FUCKING PRINCE OOGA BOOGA GIBSEMEDAT

Should have quarantined and waited for them to turn, then let Uther and his like 40 thousand knights that the day before wiped out 4 FUCKHUEG scourge bases sweep through.

Or just kept quiet, demolish malganis' pissweak fuckbase and then be all "Oh no everyones zombies, what're we gonna do!"

Dissolving 90% of your military power and the most revered, strongest paladin and two time saviour of the human race just because "B-BU- IMMA PRINCE!" is literally retarded no matter how you slice it.

Also those zombies died in like two fucking hits.
>>
>>335226939
>the strongest remaining paladin of the order of the silver hand, wielding a hilariously overpowered sword that turns undead into ash with just its mere presence?
>>335226964
>He's literally the most powerful paladin who ever lived. He might as well be the Light.
Its still stupid as shit

Ner zul has a collection of artifacts from multiple worlds plus was empowered by kil jaeden

He is not even the guardian of trifisal

>lets begin the expansion by having the final boss defeated in a random quests by a random dude
>>
>>335227118
He was about to slaughter civies that were going to turn into undead
>>
>>335225642

>Timetravel expension revealed
> It's so bad we are never doing it again, No going back and fighting Jaina twisting her old past to improve her future...
> Wrathion who is also a figure stuck between light and darkness is now permanent good guy. We won't get Alternate TImeline Dragon Lich King
>>
>>335226898
It has fucking devil horns. He is a Paladins and Paladins don't resort to the shit he does. Also the men had orders from the king himself to bring Arthss home.
>>
>>335227134
>let's begin the expansion by having the final boss defeated in a random quests by a random dude
while taken off guard, on holy ground, surrounded by hundreds of similarly empowered soldiers.

notice what happened at ICC, when arthas one-shot tirion without effort, then killed your entire party, before deus ex machina bullshit happened.
>>
>>335227253
>the men had orders from the king himself to bring Arthss home.
yeah, and no way of doing so since arthas trashed their ships. after that they decided 'might as well follow the prince to wherever he's going'
>>
>>335227118
You can't quarantine an entire fucking city of Infected, especially when there's Melgannis Fuckface running around and teleporting out unndead
>>
Why do people care about a story that's been nothing but ass-pulls since Wrath? Metzen at this point is probably playing MadLibs and writing down the results.
>>
>>335226797
No, that is only spot on Azeroth where he could actually beat the Lich King. The real bullshit is what happens in the Lich King encounter
>>
>>335227257
>while taken off guard, on holy ground, surrounded by hundreds of similarly empowered soldiers.
the similary empowered soldiers that got 1 shot?

>notice what happened at ICC, when arthas one-shot tirion without effort, then killed your entire party, before deus ex machina bullshit happened.
They should have sent a random death knight after you not the fucking lich king

>A church is enough to depower the lich king
>>
>>335226256
Eeeeeh...

Illidan is the least 'bad' of most of Azeroth's most wanted, but he's not nearly as good as you think.

First off, he gave ABSOLUTELY 0 fucks about his people. Everything he did was either to impress Tyrande, or for his own pursuit of power. In the original timeline (the one without Broxx, Krasus, and Rhonin), he actually went to warn Azshara about Malfurion's plan to destroy the Well. He cared more about magic than he did anything short of Tyrande.

In the altered timeline, he doesn't go to warn Azshara because Malfurion never actually planned to destroy the well, but when Rhonin started teaching Illidan magic, Illidan would often draw too much from his own mage allies, almost killing them, using his magic recklessly and gave 0 shits until Rhonin ended up being put in charge of his cadre of mages because Illidan was too much of a reckless fuckshit, and then Illidan went all pissy about it.

After all that, Illidan goes and sides with the legion, intending to betray them and save the world, but it sure as fuck wasn't for his people. He just wanted to be the greatest hero Kalimdor ever saw, he didn't care who was cheering his name, just that people were cheering it.

Then the whole 'remaking the well' idea of his falling through. Everything Illidan did was for power and personal gain, NOT for his people. Illidan only ever cared about two people; Himself and Tyrande.
>>
>>335227337
That's my fucking point it's not desertion.
>>
>>335227394
>>A church is enough to depower the lich king
It's not the church, it's the bodies and souls of the countless dead Priests and Paladins underneath it. due to this that chapel is a place where the Light is enters bullshit tier
>>
who cares, medivh is going to show up and steal illidan's spotlight anyway
>>
>>335226797
No.

Tirion was one of the strongest paladins on Azeroth at the time, and he was wielding Ashbringer.

And on top of that, he was on top of sacred, holy ground around the chapel that amplified his power and severely weakened Arthas.

What I found silly was how he broke Frostmourne later on. Ashbringer is a strong weapon but its greatest strength is against the undead, not metal swords. He should have just stabbed Arthas with it since he was considered undead as a DK.
>>
>>335227172

And Uther had no idea, had not seen hide nor hair of any 'transformations' and because he's like "Wait a minute, wholesale slaughter of what look like (to him) normal humans might not be the best course of action."

Arthas shits his faggoty britches and disbands the majority of his army, instead of any hundred of options anyone who isn't a mouthbreathing priccy fuckboi could have thought through.

Seriously, the Silver Hand were strong as fuck and the mission before wiped out huge amounts of entrenched, legitimate undead, instead of the pissweak zombies we fight. He could have just kept them around and everything would have likely turned out fine, he didn't need to burn the fucking city to the ground to do it (going by wc3 Arthas was the one that burned the city down).

>>335227359

Pretense / Excuse. Let Uther / Silver hand try quarantine, then when he will realize after having actually seen these transformations he would change his tune.

Or just use the huge military you have at your disposal to immediately bum rush Mal'Ganis' base and deal with the zombification as it happens. There are a million different options.

From uthers perspective, Arthas is like "WE NEED TO SLAUGHTER EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING IN THIS CITY" with no evidence whatsoever, then when pressed that maybe that isn't the best idea he immediately dissolves the majority of his army?

Hes a fucking retard plain and simple.
>>
>>335227394
>A church is enough to depower the lich king
a church that had the bodies of literally thousands of dead paladins buried underneath it. that place has stupid levels of light power, same as how ICC has stupid amounts of death.

there's a reason that the lich king didn't initially take the field, because he KNEW that he'd get BTFO there. he sent the ebon blade to die to try and thin the herd of the paladins stationed there.

>>335227472
I'd argue, but I see your point and I concede it.
>>
>>335227534
>medivh is going to show up
medivh is dead
>>
>>335227620
no he's not, and besides so is illidan
>>
>>335227620
No he isn't
>>
>>335227583
Slaughtering everyone was literally the only way to prevent shit from spiraling out of control
>>
>>335219934
FFS we already had this discussion
Arthas was already fucked up from the start
ARTHAS
WAS
ALWAYS
FUCKED
UP
It's pretty much smeared on the player's faces when he chooses to put on LK's helmet instead of just returning the sword.
>>
>>335227614
Why would he get BTFO?

in w3 you beat an old god when you were only arthas and depowered and in ICC the nagas blood elfs and illidan

>>335227614
Its still stupid, the fight changes when he gets ashbringer not before, he didnt show any sign of weakness

and you can't start the expansion by having the main boss defeated infront of the player
>>
>>335227620
Not that anon but so was Illidan :^)
>>
>>335227832
>old god
He was a "forgotten one". Yeah, he looked like C'thun, but this was before the old gods and C'thun were a thing.

By current lore, you should really think of the forgotten one as a strong faceless-one general.
>>
>>335227669
>>335227681

yes he is
>>
>>335227905
Medivh isn't dead, though.
Medivh outright states he's not going to intervene because his time is over. He's taking a very passive observer stance on Azerothian affairs.
>>
>>335227905
there's no reason to resurrect medivh
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 590x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 590x639
>>335219934

>neoblizzard will keep shitting out expansions based on this time traveling horseshit until the level cap is 500
>>
>>335227192
Wrathion as alternate dragon Lich King actually sound cool as shit.
>>
>>335227772

We know this how? Because Arthas (implied to already be targeted and mentally manipulated by NerZhul) said so?

Again, literally the mission before we see the Silver Hand come through like a wrecking ball, what's stopping them from doing this again? Literally nothing, even if he himself and his men went around slaughtering civilians he could have not fucked off 90% OF HIS COUNTRIES ARMY AND MOST POWERFUL KNIGHTS / PALADINS BECAUSE 'Uther is a meaniehead ;'('

Seriously, based off the actual game, not any WoW retcons or other stupid shit you can easily deal with the zombies once they turn. The only difficulty from that level is fucking around with Mal'Ganis which the Silver Hand could have BTFO 30 seconds into the mission.
>>
>>335227253
Eh, all I can really say is that hindsight is 20/20. Things turned out badly for Arthas and Lordaeron, so that makes his actions bad. A general who disobeys a weak and foolish king and saves the kingdom is someone who does what's necessary, while a prince who gets his personality taken over by a sword and leads a holocaust under its influence is the setting's greatest villain. Everything else is just back-projection and rationalization.
>>
>>335228005
WoW won't survive until the next expansion bro
>>
>>335227986
he appeared twice as a ghost
>>
>>335227928
ok, when did he die then? he is about as dead as turalyon is
>>
>>335227669
>>335227681
>no he isn't
fucking what?

medivh died in warcraft 2. his spirit helped thrall, jaina, and tried to help arthas.

he's dead as shit. the new guardian of tirisfal is that marysue.

>>335227832
did you just ignore the entire dialogue during the battle for light's hope?

the argent dawn were losing next to no soldiers, and darion found that not only was frostmourne not responding to him, he was weakened while on the grounds. when tirion takes the battlefield, the fight ends because darion knew it was over.

the ebon blade got the shit kicked out of them, even before tirion got the ashbringer and arthas showed up.

>in w3 you beat an old god
nope. the first old gods to emerge in the last several thousand years were c'thun and yogg'saron, with n'zoth stirring again as deathwing came back to azeroth.

y'shaarj was long dead, his heart imprisoned deep beneath pandaria, and the fifth old god corpse has yet to be uncovered.
>>
>>335227994
As long as we have Blizzard's new favorite pet, Khadgar, there isn't.
>even turns into a raven and does dramatic entrances into King's court to warn about ominous shit now
>>
>>335228095
somewhere between wc3 and wow
>as dead as turalyon is
turalyon is dead
>>
File: 1424719085124.png (10 KB, 334x229) Image search: [Google]
1424719085124.png
10 KB, 334x229
>>335226797
am i wrong or can you find Tirion at a northen part of western plagulands as a neutral NPS in vanilla?

just remember seing him there guarded by some scarlet crusaders
>>
>>335228121
>medivh died in warcraft 2
Warcraft 1, retard. And he's not dead
>>
>>335228095
medivh died in WC2 or 1, whenever he was working with gul'dan to bring the orc armies to azeroth

he was dead in wc3, which is why he couldn't directly help.
>>
>>335228121
>the new guardian of tirisfal is that marysue.
Take a look at the legion alpha, that marysue has basically been retconned.
>>
>>335219934
arthas did do stuff wrong though. I mean uther, his mentor did everything wrong and basically started his spiral but arthas wasnt perfect
>>
>>335228165
Yeah. He had a quest chain to do with his son being a leader in the Scarlet Crusade.
>>
>>335228165
no, in vanilla there was a quest chain where tirion is a drunken hobo staying out of the fight until you help him try and save his son.
>>
>>335228179
>that marysue has basically been retconned.
no he hasn't they even confirmed that
>>
>>335228165
You can, he's in exile due to saving Eitrigg's life and has been spending the last few years watching over his son
>>
>>335228081
And was resurrectd by the help of Ghost-Aegwynn, and returned to try to lead Azeroth against the legion in WC3, afterwards taking his place "among the legend of Azeroth".

Dude got ress'd and is chilling somewhere while everyone else deals with the Legion.
>>
File: unsubbed.png (581 KB, 1296x796) Image search: [Google]
unsubbed.png
581 KB, 1296x796
>>335228179
>Take a look at the legion alpha
I'd really rather not look at what wow turned into.
>>
File: 1388176691466.jpg (20 KB, 336x237) Image search: [Google]
1388176691466.jpg
20 KB, 336x237
> tfw there will never be a righteous Scarlet Crusade-tier pro-human faction or character ever again.

jdimsa

I just want to purge the undead senpaitachi.
>>
>>335228121
>>335228174
medivh has died at least 3 or 4 times, but he was resurrected by his dead mother and is alive since warcraft 3

he fucked off to who knows where after the events of wc3, left behind some images of himself to deliver some messages to people and basically said he won't be coming back
>>
>>335228340
Why does the alliance fight the scarlet crusade?
>>
>>335228005

>2125
>WoW expansion number 50: the Flaming Jihad
>After the events of warlords of draenor 2: electric boogaloo, Gul'dan again escapes through time and goes to an alternate timeline Outlands where everything is the same as burning crusade Outlands except illidan practices Sunni Islam
>this expansion pack increases the level cap to 450 from 435 and adds the Bomb defuser hero class which starts at 429
>initially there will be 8 new dungeons and 1 raid.
>>
>>335228309
no he appeared twice as a ghost AFTER that

>he gets killed in WC1
>gets resurrected by aegwynn
>appears in WC3
>disappears at the end
>then appears twice as a ghost after he says his time is over and the scepter is handed over to his son
He's dead.
>>
>>335228394
Because the Scarlets are insane and attack anyone who isn't in their faction.
>>
>>335228394
Other way around.
The Scarlet Crusade are hostile towards everyone and anything that isn't them.
They're the Westboro Baptist Church of Azeroth.
>>
>>335228394
because the scarlet crusade is batshit crazy, and sees every non-human that isn't directly following them as corrupt and evil.

they're the ISIS of warcraft.
>>
>>335223679
Arthas' poor judgment was literally doing something wrong. Everything he did in Northrend, even before grabbing frostmorne, was wrong.

What about Illidan?
>Genocide, murder, kidnapping, rape
Never happened.
>Using demon magic
Sure.
>Consorting with demons
So he could later betray them (Even if they were tricking him)
>Being an elf
True.
>>
File: CK8U8doXAAAGpYk.jpg (71 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CK8U8doXAAAGpYk.jpg
71 KB, 600x400
>>335228121
>>335228174
Sorry lads, but Medivh is not dead and it has been confirmed since WC3. He is not human either, but an "eternal." He's basically an immortal spirit with a physical manifestation due to the sheer magnitude of his magical powers. He even said "I left my humanity behind me long ago. I am something...different now." Also note that he was manhandled by the kingsguard of King Terenas. He is still watching over Azeroth but he has no plans to intervene. Maybe in the future he might change his mind.
>>
>>335226147
Can anyone elaborate on this more?
>>
>>335228434
Remember the Echo of Medivh in Kara? That wasn't a ghost, just a literal 'echo' of himself.
Same shit. He left a voicemail for his son in spectral mage format.

He might be dead, he might not be, but no where is it confirmed one way or the other. Either way, he isn't showing back up, he's said so himself.
>>
File: Capture.png (7 KB, 600x111) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7 KB, 600x111
>>335228324
Neither would I but people post stuff about the alpha regardless
>>
>>335228506
>kidnapping
he kidnapped tyrande
>murder
did you pay attention to BC at all?
>>
File: 1448864384520.png (31 KB, 208x168) Image search: [Google]
1448864384520.png
31 KB, 208x168
>>335219934
Again with the Arthas dindus.

You know what would be a "did nothing wrong" situation?
>Glad you could make it, Uther.
>Watch your tone with me, boy. You may be the prince, but I'm still your superior as a paladin.
>Forgive me. Listen, Uther, there's something about the plague you should know. Oh no. We're too late. These people have all been infected. They may look fine now, but it's just a matter of time before they turn into the Undead.
>What?
>This entire city must be purged.
>How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way
>You're right, Uther. As your future king, I order you to cleanse as many of those people as possible and secure them from Mal'Ganis.
>You are not my king yet, boy. But I will obey that command as if you were!
>Then I must consider this an act of honor.
>Honor? Do you think we have time for this, Arthas?
>Do I? Lord Uther, by my right of succession and the sovereignty of my crown, I hereby order you to command your paladins and do your service.
>Arthas! You can just--
>It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow me!
>You've just made me proud, Arthas.
>Jaina?
>Don't worry, Arthas. I won't let you do this alone.
>>
I've never raided BT but I've been through a few times for pets and shit. What creeps me out is the hundreds of concubines that you have to murders. What the hell? What's wrong with Illidan?
>>
>>335228618
echoes only ever exist of dead people
and he didn't send a "voicemail" for his son, this makes no sense, how would he know he would be there in advance? how did he even know of him and what he would attempt to do?
it was his ghost deal with it
>>
>>335228640
only reason I stayed subbed that long was to occasionally log on and do shit with my friend.

I'd long since switched over to star wars
>>
>>335228591
Basically Admiral Proudmoore was fucking with the Orcs in Durotar because he felt they were filthy beasts.
Jaina was desperately trying to settle the dispute so there could be peace with the newly formed Orgrimmar, since she was there at Hyjal with Thrall and knew he was a pretty cool guy. Admiral Proudmoore wouldn't listen, so Jaina helped thrall, Vol'Jin, and Rexxar get into Theramore to kill her father, and she assumed command of Theramore and they had a shakey, but lasting peace until Garrosh decided to fuck everything up.
>>
>>335228340
>Scarlet Crusade
>righteous
>pro-human
They would've been happy to slaughter 90% of human population. They're just brainwashed dreadlord's puppets. By WotLK they deploy deathknights of all things
>>
>>335228689
Being stuck in a jail cell for ten thousand years with only one pussy who happens to be your psycho bitch warden gives you an inhumane sexual frustration that can only be satiated with an army of sexy blood elf concubines.
>>
>>335222662
Arthas was losing his shit at that point.

He did achieve his operational objectives of killing Mal'Ganis. It just crippled him in the long run.
>>
>>335228760
...Jaina killed her own dad? What the fuck?

I've played WoW for over a decade but only Hearthstone has actually gotten me to pay attention to lore, finding out weird shit like this bothers me.
>>
>>335228721
>echoes only exist of dead people
[citation needed]

>makes no sense, how would he know he would be there in advance?
Medivh the PROPHET.

>Prophet
>noun
>A person who makes or claims to be able to make predictions.

Nowhere is it said he's dead or a ghost. You deal with it.
>>
>>335228591

> Admiral Proudmoore is one of the primary leaders of humanity from WC2, has seen the savagery Orcs firsthand.
> Jaina is daughter of Admiral Proudmoore, leader of Kul'Tiras (one of the major human kingdoms)
> After the burning crusade come through Jaina + Lordaeron survivors make home on Island off Kalimdor.
> Orcs make home on mainland Kalimdor.
> Proudmoore shows up and usurps Jaina, takes control of Island kingdom.
> Starts shit with Orcs because hes a meany old nasty raciss white male
> Orcs defend themselves and kill him.
> 10 years later dindu orcs nuke Island kingdom.
> ProudmooreWasRight.jpeg.
>>
>>335228757
I dropped the moment my Early TBC -> Early Cata guild died, That first tier killed the guild due to how quickly we cleared it as were left with nothing to do after almost having a good 9 (I think it was, how long did the gating last for? 1 month?) months of farming H LK
>>
>>335228864

Imagine being someone who's stuck around since WC1.

You now know why people hate WoW.
>>
>>335227089
I don't think allowing a population to remain autonomous after you just helped them overthrow their oppressive Government and deciding not to slaughter their leader is that strange tbqh.

He should have demanded the liberation of Gilneas in exchange for peace though.
>>
>>335228864
jaina also led an army into kalimdor following the advice of medivh, and was the first person to call the attack on thrall's forces before medivh stopped the fight.
>>
>>335223267
Tbh his main issue was that Uther and Jaina couldn't make a difficult call on Stratholme.

If they hadn't fucked off when it was clear he was losing his shit he probably would have had some better advisers than a Dwarf who spends most his time shilling swords that take over your personality.
>>
>>335228434
He had a small appearance in the WoD alpha that was taken out.
>>
>>335223528

>new horseman
>no proudmoore
>no garithos
>no lothar

Bolvar confirmed for dumb
>>
>>335228903
>>echoes only exist of dead people
show me one that isn't
you really think I'm gonna list all echoes that appear in WoW?

>Medivh the PROPHET.
so? velen is a prophet too, that's not how visions work, they are not a clear look into the future, and prophets are not omniscient

>Nowhere is it said he's dead or a ghost. You deal with it.
he LITERALLY appears as a ghost twice
>>
>>335228864
Case of lesser evil.
Her father was suing for another war with the orcs. You have to understand, this old fuck saw the second war, the siege of Stormwind, all that shit. He thinks the orcs are bloothirsty merciless savages and won't listen to Jaina saying they're not all that bad.
She pleads with him to stop the entire time but he just won't fucking listen. He's going to get all of Theramore destroyed, and she realizes the only thing to do is stop him, but she can't bring herself to do it.
So she helps Thrall, her friend from Hyjal, do the deed.

She doesn't feel good about it, but she knew it had to happen. Same with killing the Lich King. I don't know what faction you played, but for the Alliance, she tried very hard to plead with Arthas in halls of reflection and hoped that by stealing or destroying Frostmoune, they could bring Arthas back.
>>
>>335226964
Considering they were chums both factions were chums with Naarus for the events of TBC, why not just bring them to Northreand and waltz right into the citadel? It's not like any undead could come within a kilometer radius without being disintegrated by their presence
>>
>>335229012
>If they hadn't fucked off

If he hadn't banished them*

ARTHAS DINDU NUFFIN!
>>
>>335229028
that was the medivh of the past
WoD is set before the first war
>>
>>335228943
IIRC the gates each opened after 2 weeks for LK.

>>335228986
really, the entirety of lordaeron too. sylvannas has zero valid claim on either gilneas or the kingdom, being from quel'thelas.
>>
>>335224652
WoW lore is basically treated like comic book plots at this point.

If someone dies and they want them back for money/popularity, they just go "YEAH UHH BECAUSE YOU SEE THAT UH... FROSTMORNE FRAGMENTED AND STORED HIS SOUL AND NOW HE'S ALIVE"
>>
>>335228957
It's funny. I have played WoW since beta (never played WC3 or before) and have never ever been interested in the lore until HS and HOTS injected actual personality into the characters.

I literally fell in love with Kel'thuzad, Anub, and Kael'thas and was later told by friends I had killed them in wow dozens of times. Literally didn't register to me.

My favorite example of wow being poorly written - "Malkorok informs Garrosh that the tome of pandaren history had written the Mogu, the former rulers of Pandaria, as a cruel, relentless people who ruled by fear and not love. In turn, Garrosh remarks that he has much to learn from these Mogu."
>>
>>335229069
>making the hardest decision of your life, one that has you killing an incredible amount of people, the very same people that you swore to protect
>Turn to your mentor and your girlfriend for help in this difficult time
>they tell you to fuck off

Are you really surprised he overreacted to that?

There isnt a debate, purging stratholme was the right call. Jaina didnt have the guts and uther either didnt understand or refused too.
>>
>>335229202
>ICECROWN WAS MERELY A SETBACK!
>>
>>335225045

> Horsemen
> Significant in Lore
> First appeared in WoW

Fuck off blizzcuck. MUH VANILLA RAIDS SO HARD HORSEMEN ARE LITERALLY THE KEY TO ALL OF THIS.

Literally the only difference lore wise between the Horsemen and the 3 Pandaren council fight is Nostalgia and an 8 year old nonexistent quest chain to get a weapon.
>>
>>335229029
>Garithos and Nazgrim
>Proudmoore and Nazgrim

Oh my god.
Oh my fucking god it would be like a sitcom. Everything that goes wrong, they'd have blamed on the "filthy greenskin fuck"
>>
>>335229240
>Turn to your mentor and your girlfriend for help in this difficult time

aka

> WE NEED TO FUCKING KILL EVERYONE WE NEED TO FUCKING SLAUGHTER EVERYONE RIGHT FUCKING NOW
> Hol' up b, what if the--
> IM THE FUCKING PRINCE DO WHAT I SAY YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOTS!
> No, we need to-
> BANISHED BANISHED BANISHED!

Fuck Arthas.
>>
>>335229037
I've really only ever been a UD, BE or goblin, so as much as I ignore lore, I haven't even seen alliance lore to ignore. I thought Jaina was a pretty princess type character from HOTS and HS but honestly, Jaina sounds kinda horrible.
>>
He had the most unforgiving job of cleaning up Lordaeron in the aftermath of the Scourge. Killed in combat by Sylvanas and her dreadlord pet. May the Light bless his soul.
>>
>>335229328
Slaughter was the only way retard
you can't fucking quarantine that shit
they're all infected
there was never a cure
not to mention Mal'ganis is running around and adding them up to his army
and your whole post reeks of "AAAAAH I AM SILLY"
>>
>>335229296
>Don't you agree, Admiral, that we wouldn't have been in this predicament have we not had a green monkey in our ranks?
>Indeed
>>
>>335229240
>purging stratholme was the right call
considering everyone turned into demons anyway and everything was till fucked, all arthas did was take the opportunity to murder defenseless civilians before a catastrophe

its like being in an airplane thats taking a nosedive and then stabbing a few dudes on the way down, there was no need for that
>>
>>335229336
>but honestly, Jaina sounds kinda horrible.

jaina was one of the most based characters in warcraft before she became bland as shit in wow. she made the hard decisions(aside from helping arthas at stratholme), and did what had to be done (aside from stratholme).

then you get to wow and she just sits in theramore and does nothing, even as varian is stuck under a nearby island. then she gets a touch of batshit crazy after trusting the horde, garrosh turning on her, then blowing up theramore in an unprovoked attack, followed by using her people's portals in dalaran to sneak into darnassus and steal an evil artifact that garrosh used to fuck up pandaria.
>>
>>335229336
Now, yeah, she's pretty awful.
Back before MoP, she was literally the only Alliance leader with her head anywhere outside of her anal cavity.

She's relentlessly tried to sue for peace between the Horde and the Alliance since day 1, when Varian showed up, she took a place on his small council and urged for lenient, level-headed action, pushed Varian to look for peaceful solutions to conflicts, and was an overall sound strategist.

I'll need someone to correct me here, but there was one crucial moment where Varian and Thrall were actually GETTING ALONG at the Argent Tournament, and it had a lot to do with Jaina telling him to stop being a shithead the entire time they were there. Before Garrosh fucked it up, mind you.
>>
>>335229539
>Arthas would stab a man before throwing him out of a plane
>>
File: medivh.jpg (149 KB, 1338x698) Image search: [Google]
medivh.jpg
149 KB, 1338x698
>>335228903
it's true that the medivh that appeared to med'an in the comic was not his ghost but just an avatar of sorts, but that avatar talks of medivh's "final departure from azeroth" and that he is the "vessel of his remaining power"

remaining power, meaning, that is all that's left of medivh, and no, he didn't depart Azeroth to go to another planet
he's dead
>>
>>335226662
Not his fault.
>>
>>335229592
>there was one crucial moment where Varian and Thrall were actually GETTING ALONG at the Argent Tournament,
nah, varian and the alliance in general were getting along with the horde up until the wrathgate, where the forsaken killed varian's closest friend.

garrosh then fucked everything up in the leadup to ulduar.

any civility varian showed at the tournament was because he knew he'd get btfo by the argent crusade if he pulled anything.
>>
>>335229543
>>335229592
Man, you guys are making me wanna resub before Legion and like, fish up coins in Dalaran or something.

I liked Jaina more before I was told Kael'thas had a crush on her but it was not reciprocated.Bros before hoes, I suppose.
>>
File: medivh2.jpg (161 KB, 1459x761) Image search: [Google]
medivh2.jpg
161 KB, 1459x761
>>335228903
>>335229649
he's dead
>>
File: 1378421405334.gif (119 KB, 320x600) Image search: [Google]
1378421405334.gif
119 KB, 320x600
>>335229449

Again. There are a dozen ways of going about it that aren't dismissing the strongest living paladin in history and saviour of mankind, the apprentice of the most powerful mage of the Kirin Tor and 90% of your military. Silver Hand could have literally steamrolled Mal'Ganis' base in less than a minute, then they would be presented with seeing the humans turn (something Uther, nor any of the Silver Hand actually had PROOF of). Arthas was a whiny precious fuckboi who when presented with a difficult, situation cried about 'muh princedom' and disbanded the majority of his Army. Yes Strathholme was a difficult situation, but anyone who isn't a fucking mongoloid could have thought of a better solution to it.

Now, that's not to say that it wasn't a fun mission, or a neat way of exploring his character, but this "ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG" apologism is hairbrained memery from retarded edgelords who cream themselves to the idea of edgelord Arthas being 100% justified in his actions and meany weany moralfag Uther being 100% wrong.

Maybe the story is different in WoW, maybe they retcon it to be far worse, but for me and my money, going off the WC3 mission, Arthas came off as a retarded fuckboi who couldn't handle his superior officer questioning, fucking QUESTIONING wholesale GENOCIDE of his citizenry.

Arthas is a FAG.
>>
>>335229328
>making him sound like a dumbass because you want to be contrarian

He even opened with an explanation

>>335229539
Its not like he could have predicted that. There was an undead plague and a coming invasion. The purge was the soundest course
>>
>>335229649
>posting fanfiction
>using fanfiction as proof
Blizzard has retconned worse than your little story that never happened ;^)
>>
>>335228376
>medivh has died at least 3 or 4 times, but he was resurrected by his dead mother

this is yamcha tier bullshit. just stay dead already.
>>
File: volstagg.jpg (96 KB, 359x435) Image search: [Google]
volstagg.jpg
96 KB, 359x435
>>335229795
>>335229649
>the comics
>canon
Everything after the Varian arc is completely bullshit
>>
>>335229802
>He even opened with an explanation

With literally 0 proof.

"Alright Uther, wait here for literally 5 minutes, you'll see them all transform. We can go sort out Mal'Ganis and then i'll let you decide what is the best course of action is once the primary undead force has been dealt with."

Then he could have gone and slaughtered everyone. All i'm saying is Arthas is a moron and people going "ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG" are idiots. It's a grey area and the whole point of it was that Arthas was doing some fucked up shit and it was his first step to becoming Warcraft Hitler.
>>
>>335222662
he was doing what was necessary, he saw the Lich King as a threat needed to be taken out, and he was willing to prioritize saving the world over the lives of his men.
>>
>my dad finished the human campaign for WCIII
>he was so excited to tell me that Arthas killed his dad
>he even replayed the cinematic for me
>he stopped playing after he finished the Undead campaign because he says "orcs are shit"
>>
>>335229493
>Proudmoore, Garithos, Whitemane, and Nazgrim
>Proudmoore is their leader and strategist, Garithos is their frontline man, Whitemane is their healer, Nazgrim is their damage dealer
>Proudmoore constantly gives Nazgrim shitty jobs that will put him in obvious danger while giving Garithos much more manageble assignments
>Nazgrim keeps failing and getting shit from Proudmoore and Garithos

I never knew I needed this dynamic.
>>
File: comicsarecanon.jpg (27 KB, 596x288) Image search: [Google]
comicsarecanon.jpg
27 KB, 596x288
>>335229839
>>335229871
it's not fanfiction you retard
and they already said that med'an is canon
deal with it little baby

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18061638/the-adventure-continues-in-61-2-23-2015

>Garona Halforcen
>Some may know Garona from her exploits in Azeroth. This powerful rogue assassin was responsible for the death of King Llane Wrynn. Along with her son Med’an, she aided the New Council of Tirisfal in their brutal struggle against the Twilight’s Hammer and the evil ogre magi Cho’gall.

https://twitter.com/mickyneilson/status/478313335469785088
>>
>>335229986
he's not wrong.
>>
>>335230000
>>335230000
QUADS
>>
File: 1896315899.jpg (72 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1896315899.jpg
72 KB, 500x738
>>335226147
I was about to post that, there is nothing I found more disturbing and cuckish in any game story than this point. Fuck Jaina she should have been drawn and quartered for treason.
>>
>>335229328
Arthas made the right call since he was obviously looking at the bigger picture had he succeeded in a complete purge with the help and approval of his colleges he probably wouldn't have needed to prove himself. the justification of Malganis being dead to prove himself is what drove him mad like Ishmael and the White Whale.
>>
>>335229986
Your dad is good people
>>
>>335229801
>disbanded the majority of his Army

What good is an army if they won't follow orders? That town needed to be purged. He told Uther to help him do it, but he refused, effectively committing treason.
>>
what kind of shitty fucking crown was the king wearing that it just fucking break when it dropped?
>>
>>335230000
this sounds so awesome, it doesn't surprise me that Blizzard went another way, they don't know how to write good stories like that anymore
>>
>>335224880
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJuknDIsnF4

Around 19:30 is when he literally damn's his own his own men for the sake of vengeance, right after telling muradin to STFU about the mercenaries.
>>
>>335229216
That's because WoW writers basically just treat their characters as one of the following:
1) People you're supposed to like
2) People you're supposed to hate
3) Questgivers

There's no internal consistency to characterisation. Look at fucking Garrosh. He jumps from:
> Doubt filled Orc who just needs reassuring
> Arrogant and unskilled commander of a whole campaign
> Guy who's way out of his depth but determined to centralise the Horde race's interests to be more like a unified bloc like the Alliance
> Genocidal tyrant who somehow runs the entire Horde with only a single race giving him the time of day and consorts with demons out of power lust
> Guy who wants to restore the nobility of the Orcs with a new generation of purebloods

In like five years.

WoD is also deeply retarded. The idea is that Garrosh somehow unifies the pure blood Orc tribes and gives them better technology to take over Azeroth, but there are monumental flaws to this plan.

The first is that the near-unified fel-blooded Orcs of the actual canon only managed to get as far as destroying Stormwind before they wound up getting routed and put in internment camps, and that was with the help of fucking demon blood that made them stronger.

The second is that the better technology is probably at the same level as that used by the Alliance and Horde in Azeroth, only made out of cruder materials. Some of it also is too big to fit through the the fucking portal.

Whilst we're on the matter of the portal, if Garrosh intended for war machines to be transported through it, why the fuck did he order the construction to have loads of steps at the front?

We're supposed to believe that this haggle of disunited Orcs that have no special powers somehow pose an existential threat of Azeroth but that really doesn't feel like the case.
>>
>>335230205
how is that wrong? his men would be damned anyway if they don't defeat the scourge
>>
>>335230170
ceremonial crown. Not made for a beating.
>>
>>335229778
>kael
>bro

Dude was willing to feed all of his people to demons to sate his own magic addiction. Kael was never a bro.
That aside, Jaina was into Arthas at the time, I think.
>>
>>335230134

Yeah, Lordaeron is a undead shithole and his entire kingdom is a rotting corpse.

He totally made the right move.

>>335230151

I bet you'd fit right in with (INSERT X FAILED GENOCIDAL REGIME).
>>
File: KaelWar3.jpg (6 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
KaelWar3.jpg
6 KB, 170x170
Why does nobody talk about Kael'thas? Why is he so forgotten?

>literally 90% of his people, including all of his family, are murdered in a catastrophic invasion
>literally 100% of the remnants are addicted to magic and many are turning into anorexic drug fiends
>he has to work under the command of Lord Fuhrer Garithos who treats his race like fucking jews
>his people are literally hobos on heroine withdrawal trying to rebuild from nothing
>the only race that shows any sympathy towards them are nagas, literally the WoW equivalent of hoodlum blacks
>he has no choice but to follow Illidan in hopes of restoring his people to their former glory
>Illidan gives him a fucking Naaru, the equivalent of 500 metric tons of cocaine
>he loses his mind from all that magic heroine
>>
>>335230279
Kael was a bro until the Sunwell was corrupted.
>>
>>335219934
FROSTMOURNE
HUNGERS
>>
>>335230285
>I bet you'd fit right in with (INSERT X FAILED GENOCIDAL REGIME).

real edgy kid. No, it's just how any good military works. You respect the chain of command and follow orders. If you feel bad about it, you can complain about it after.
>>
File: 1459318280913.jpg (173 KB, 999x1300) Image search: [Google]
1459318280913.jpg
173 KB, 999x1300
>Kerrigan gets redemption and becomes god
>Now Illidan gets redemption and turns into light´s chosen
Honestly I was hyped for legion until this
>>
>>335230316
Garithos had every right to be fucking mad at the elves
>hey elves wanna come out of your ivory towers and help with this scourge invasion
>nah we good
>baw why didn't you humans help us when the scourge invaded
>>
>the timetravel aspect of WoD was universally hated by nearly everyone
>hey guys we put in more timetravel in Legion xD
Blizzard are fucking retarded, glad I don't play anymore.
>>
>>335230364
>You respect the chain of command and follow orders.

You're right, Arthas should have listened to Uther, his superior, glad you're suddenly seeing reason.
>>
>>335230338
he wanted to raep jania
>>
>>335230000
>Nazgrim just keeps grumbling about muh honor and treacherous human pigs
>Whenever humans fuck up he starts laughing and mocking them, only to get even more shit treatment in return
>>
>>335230437
and?
>>
>>335230316
For me because hes probably the worst 180 in terms of characterization.

> Entire character is about preserving his people and his kingdom despite gnawing mana addiction.
to
> Give me dat demon semen *glub glub glub*
>>
>>335230454
this is why I need feminism
>>
>>335230419
Uther was his mentor, not his superior. You realize Prince outranks the military in a monarchy, right kiddo?
>>
>>335230487
Addiction can fuck people up man
>>
>>335230487
WoW ruins everything, what's new?
>>
File: 8652402.jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
8652402.jpg
153 KB, 1920x1080
>>335230390
you didn't like this?
>>335230518
>watch your tongue around me, boy. you may be the prince, but I'm still your superior as a paladin
>>
>>335230040
Med'an was retconned via omission.
>>
>>335230215
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your take on WoD. Thank you.
>>
Arthas deserved a worse fate.

In fact, him getting redeemed/forgiven in the end felt like a kick in the gut.
>>
>>335230390
>hyped for legion
Your first mistake.

>>335229763
I swear there was one moment where Varian and Thrall were actually having a serious broment and Garrosh fucking ruined it. Like they were having a face-to-face talk and actually getting along despite Varian's huge hatred of orcs.

Was that really before the wrathgate? I swear it was afterwards at the tourney.
>>
>>335230518
> You may be the prince, but I'm still your superior as a paladin.
> I'm still your superior as a paladin.
> I'm still your superior

Also, i think being the literal saviour of mankind, most blessed paladin and leader of the entire army, second only to King Terenas himself, earns him some cache compared to a petulant fucking child.
>>
>>335230608
His soul got sent to the void, that's literally the worst possible fate for him. Hope he enjoys his eternity of torture
>>
>>335230316
he feels edgy
>>
>>335230390
Metzen is on a roll giving redemption to anything that has wings and a good physique
>>
>>335230619
Bolvar getting killed made varian a massive tool until he saw anduin actually working with the horde and actually doing things well.
>>
>>335230260
Because his whole reason for being that far north in the first place is because immediately after stratholme he was baited by malganis, stratholme in and of it self wasn't a mistake but everything afterwards was.
>>
>>335230572
Not him, but
>superior AS A PALADIN

Uther was speaking strictly within the Silver Hand. He needed to remind Arthas of that because Arthas is technically his superior due to his royal blood.
>>
>>335230619
to be honest legion didn´t look that bad. I´m a lorefag so any lore change is welcome as long as it´s interesting to some degree. Void lords still made sense I mean someone had to create old gods but illidan becoming champion of the light is the most restarded stupidest bullshit I´ve read in ages
>>
>>335230585
no
retard
>omission
you mean when they mentioned him on the website regarding the 6.1 patch?
or when they were asked whether he was canon and they said yes?
>>
>if arthas was any race but white he wouldn't have this many apologist
just like proudmoore wouldn't have support if she was a man.
>>
>>335230572
>>335230664
So why did he respect Arthas command that he was relieved of duty? Why didn't he just take charge? Because he knew that Arthas outranked him, as a Prince.

Superior as a Paladin only means that within the Knights of the Silver Hand, he had the higher rank, but in the actual military, he was still below Arthas. Arthas respecting him as "superior" was nothing more than a symbolic gesture that he could revoke at any time.
>>
File: burgerking.png (1 MB, 772x858) Image search: [Google]
burgerking.png
1 MB, 772x858
>>335226595
Demanded the Tauren give the Orcs all their water, knowing it might kill all the Tauren.

>>335226797
Whatever happened to
>"APOCALYYYYPSE!!!!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.