[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's pretty fun. The motion controls actually clicked immediately,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 298x169
It's pretty fun.
The motion controls actually clicked immediately, I like them. The 2 screen thing still throws me off though.
Also, fuck the chicken walker. How are the rest of y'all liking it?
>>
I had to stop halfway. Just because I can deal with the gyro controls doesn't mean I should.

And yeah, the chicken walker is horrible.
>>
>>335184693
>being this much of a bitch about it
>buying the game in the first place
You're either absolutely retarded or just making shit up
>>
I don't have a Wii U but since Starfox is relevant again I tried to emulate Starfox 64.
Holy shit, I did not understand the appeal before, I do not understand it now.

When I tried F-Zero X, even if it's old as fuck, I never gave a shit about Captain Falcon and I don't like racing games, it clicked immediately.

Star Fox is just basically Space Harrier, I don't understand how people even liked something so outlandish back then.
>>
It's boring.

Where is Zelda WiiU?
>>
File: StarFoxGuard-BoxArt.png (291 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
StarFoxGuard-BoxArt.png
291 KB, 350x500
Not so much.

The controls are fine - better than dual sticking. Even the Chicken Walker and Copter control fine.

Unfortunately, the levels are just way too easy. Everything moves slightly slower than the previous games, and there's a few less enemies in the ripped levels as well. Not to mention the bosses are all pushovers. Co-Op's ok, but it could have been done better (hell, they can keep the co-op that's already there - it's better for younger players - and just include a different version where second player has complete control over a separate arwing). No unlockables or multiplayer kinda kills any chance this game has of being replayed by me - the medals are nice, but it'd be better if they actually gave me a brand new level when I got them all instead of sound test.

It looks really good (even if there are fps drops) and the music's not bad, but I'm really not feeling the gameplay here. It's not bad, it's actually serviceable, but I feel like I'm playing a watered down SF64.

I'm having an absolute blast with Project Guard though, so it's not all bad. If you already dislike tower defense games, it won't change your mind, but if you're interested in them at all, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>335185146
*shrug*
I like Star Fox, but to be fair it's not as good as Ace Combat.
>>
DSP is loving it
>>
File: Acx_cover1.jpg (65 KB, 256x440) Image search: [Google]
Acx_cover1.jpg
65 KB, 256x440
>>335185424

>Ace Combat

mah nigger
>>
>>335184557
I'm just starting it up and Im really hoping I can ditch the Gamepad at some point and use a Pro Controller

Gyro just does not do it for me. Everything else feels fine but good God, the Gamepad is not a good fucking controller for this kind of game. Also fuck using the Gamepad's speakers for the dialogue, that shit can eat my ass.
>>
>>335185397

Oh, I forgot to mention that even though the Chicken Walker and Copter control fine, they are horrible alternative playstyles. I view them the same way I view Big in Sonic Adventure.

Landmaster is pretty cool though.
>>
>>335185563
Weirdly enough, the gyroscope feels great to me, but the button layout seems janky as fuck. Down on the right stick to hover with the walker was a very strange decision.
>>
>>335185563
>Also fuck using the Gamepad's speakers for the dialogue, that shit can eat my ass.

Yeah this shit is stupid. Im assuming its like that because the gamepad is the cockpit view so thats how you hear them but its still really dumb you cant change it.
>>
>>335184942
Rented it. Only a retard would dish out 60 for this.
>>
>>335184557
>/v/ praising a game
Nice shilling
>>
>>335184557
I'm waiting for a price drop
>>
>>335185884
Use headphones, that fixes it.
>>
WHERE IS THE FUCKING ISO DUMP
>>
>>335185146
>Starfox is basically space harrier
and Space Harrier is my favorite game of all time
>>
>>335184557
What is wrong with you niggers? The walker is amazing.
>>
>>335186869

>/v/ criticising a game
Nice shitposting
>>
I actually like the walker a lot, the closed in sections where you had to use it were some of my favorite segments of the game.
>>
>>335187398
Not really. It's less fun than Assault's ground sections.
>>
I haven't been blown away so far, but as I get better with the controls I'm sure it'll click, just like TW101. I like how different the actual gameplay is from 64, both in mission/vehicle variety and how you control it in general (especially the all-range mode which leads to pretty cool dogfights).
>>
>>335187398
To be fair, I've only played up to like the first gyrowing portion. It just feels a bit lame and clunky at the moment compared to the Arwing, though I'm hoping it'll be better utilized later.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I just started playing. I'm really struggling with the motion controls but I'm sure they'll click soon.
>>
>>335187717
Dogfights are cool, yeah, I'm just disappointed that there isn't a multiplayer mode to utilize it more in.
>>
>>335187717
Also wanted to add the specific example of Sector Beta and having to enter the enemy ship's shield as a portion of it is taken down to let the laser pass through. That was some good shit.

>>335187857
Local would've been impossible but online would've definitely been nice. I guess they didn't have enough development time for it so they never even considered it, which is a shame.
>>
I quit at Fichina, I'm pretty ashamed that I can't get the controls down... I'm sorry, /v/.
>>
>>335188115
It's a shame, this game's been in development for a while, but it must've lacked manpower, because it still feels lacking in certain areas. But it's ambitious and full of great ideas, there's so much potential in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Well I sure am shit
>>
>>335185146
Star Fox 64 is significantly more complex than Space Harrier.

Space Harrier is just move around in a 2D plane that scrolls forward, and shoot forward.

Even ignoring things like all-range mode or different vehicles, or the much greater level of complexity of the levels themselves, or the far greater variety in the enemies and their patterns, or the branching paths and secret exits, in Star Fox:
>You have more than a single method of attack
>Your laser can be powered up
>You can aim in many directions rather than just straight forward
>You can control the Arwing's orientation, which directly affects hit boxes, movement, and aiming
>There is momentum to the Arwing's movement
>You can slow down, speed up, or do loops
>Your wings can be damaged, and when destroyed make handling worse and drop your laser to the lowest level
>You can barrel roll to deflect energy projectiles
>There's a half-decent scoring system where killing enemies with the explosion of a charge shot nets you extra points
>You can switch between third person and cockpit views

And even besides all that shit, Space Harrier is a good game.
How is being like Space Harrier supposed to be bad?
>>
>>335189270
Good luck with the worst level.
>>
I play with the gyro controls off, with the exception of while shooting. Having a blast.
>>
File: SF2 - 05.png (3 KB, 224x192) Image search: [Google]
SF2 - 05.png
3 KB, 224x192
Since the first videos with the walker, I've thought it looked like it had tank controls and would control more or less identically to the Landmaster.
Can someone who's played confirm?
In Star Fox 2 it had tank controls, but also allowed you to strafe left and right like I imagine you cannot do in Zero, and I thought the walker transformation was a great addition to that game.
One of my favorite things was the walker being slow by comparison, but also more powerful and easier to target enemies with, and there was constant incentive to switch between the two at your own discretion as a result.
Is there much of that in Zero, or is it more like "put away that plane son, this is the dedicated walker section."?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>335189618
That was such shit. That gyro controls like absolute dog shit. What the fuck platinum.
>>
>>335190605
Anyone?
>>
I think I've pieced together what bugs me about the game, and it's not really the motion controls, it's the way that all range mode works. The third person camera is SO zoomed out and the arenas are so much bigger than 64 that the only real way to get at your enemy either blind firing or the gamepad camera, which actually feels pretty ok for the Star Wolf fight before Andross on the relatively small meteor/planet, but in other situations (like the Attack Carrier) it feels like it takes fucking forever to do anything.

And all range mode, for whatever reason, makes up what feels like 2/3 of the game.
>>
>>335184557
I just now realized the 0 turns into a 3.

I guess that's Star Fox SNES, Star Fox 64, Star Fox 3
>>
>>335190756
>Having issues with the gyro on fucking zoness
>>
>>335186524
From blockbuster?
>>
>>335186524

is 60 on the Game or on the Game + Guard? In Europe I had to pay 45 for the Game and 60 for +Guard. I don't like Tower Defense, so ...
Is NoA shitting American Players again?
>>
>>335190605

I think that's what they were going for, but honestly, I infinitely prefer using the Arwing because it just feels better to control.

The Walker and Arwing are of the exact same strength.
>>
>>335190605
>but also allowed you to strafe left and right like I imagine you cannot do in Zero
You can strafe in Zero
>>
The game so far is pretty fun. The Walker takes some time getting used to, but at least it's a lot better than Assault's ground sections. The Gyrowing is my least favorite vehicle, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is, the little robot is really cute desu. The controls really add to the experience imo, doesn't really feel like a gimmick to me since they give you a lot of precision that hasn't been seen before in a Starfox game.
>>
>>335188375
>this game's been in development for a while
By June of 2014, Nintendo had only ported the SF643D engine to Wii for a tech demo. A bit less than 2 years of dev time. is that a lot?
>>
>>335189270
You'll get better
>>
>>335191790
It's just how the lower end of the kanji looks like.
>>
Does anyone know the maximum amount of rings you can hit in the training mode? And is there a reward for getting the max?
>>
>>335191942
Guard and Zero come packaged together in two separate cases for 60.
>>
>>335192572

Which I didn't know when I bought. I'm very happy about it.

I haven't figured out how to use these teleporters that are supposed to be around now or go down alternate paths. I wonder how I figured it all out on Starfox 64...
>>
ROADMASTER, HELL YEAH
>>
>>335192572

So why is everybody crying, the game costs 60? You can even unlock the Amiibo-Boni with no extra cent spent!
>>
>>335192892
>You can even unlock the Amiibo-Boni with no extra cent spent
How?
>>
>>335192992
Get all 70 medals.
>>
>>335191942
I dunno about you, but I got the limited edition plus a T shirt for £40
>>
>>335192992
You need to get all 70 medals.
>>
>>335192992

Complete the game
>>
What's this I'm hearing about an extra vehicle
>>
>>335193110
>>335193159
lol that explains why Nintendo had the medal reward under NDA, does getting them all unlock anything else?
>>
>>335193214
Roadmaster, it's exclusive to Training mode.
>>
>>335193257
You get both of the arwing skins for all 70 medals,
Arcade mode for completing the story and the sound test for completing that. You also unlock bonus missions for every vehicle including two for an ATV exclusive to those.

Source: Completionist review that went up about an hour or two ago
>>
>>335193257
only watched the completionist review, complete the games, you get the amiibo-boni, another vehicle for training mode and a new title-screen. But it seems, there a quite a few different routes to finish the game, 19 or so
>>
>>335193550
Those 19 routes are just bragging rights though in arcade mode, you only need the story medals to access the amiibo stuff.
>>
How the fuck do you do a U-turn?

also FUUUUUUCK the gyrowing holy shit
>>
I did Fortuna and it said Star Wolf activity has been sighted on it, but no new level has opened up there, only the Doduo one
>>
>>335194301
>How the fuck do you do a U-turn?
Just press B.
>>
Guard is thense
>>
>>335192335
Pretty average honestly. Its obviously a budget title they didn't want to over commit to while still pleasing fans.
>>
>>335194305
play fortuna, then when wolf shows up lock onto him.
>>
>>335194305
If you re-enter the level, you'll get to a part where a Star Wolf member sweeps in. Follow him and you'll be taken to a new stage.
>>
>>335193352
>>335193352
makes me wonder if they have a challenge mode planned like Pikmin 3. What's there is good, but it's really short on extra things to do.
>>
So is there only one Andross fight?

Is there seriously no
>ONLY I HAVE THE BRAINS TO RULE LYLAT
>>
File: 1461360956462.jpg (70 KB, 573x939) Image search: [Google]
1461360956462.jpg
70 KB, 573x939
Just needed you guys to know this girls name is Anjolie
>>
>>335194692
Nope. Shit talks you for following Pepper's every order, though.
>>
>>335194720
Literal autism any time this fucking picture is involved
>>
>>335194438

I'm pretty fucking happy with it. If budget titles get me more or less exactly what I want in a game then bring them more fucking often.
>>
So apparently just beat all the levels the game has, aside from the challenges in training.
Clocked in at just over 3 and a half hours.
Its not so much how short the game was that is disappointing me, its how fucking weak the alternate paths were. Made me think I still had nearly double the places go to after clearing the main route, but then Fortuna is the only genuine level you get.

Also, I'm with this guy>>335194692
>>
File: 1460930783741.jpg (8 KB, 286x267) Image search: [Google]
1460930783741.jpg
8 KB, 286x267
>Pepper banished Andross into another fucking dimension

holy shit that's at once totally radical and kind of extreme
>>
I wish they'd do something new like they did with assault, but instead they went for the safe route and rehashed SF64. very bad, imo. .
>>
Holy fuck could The Completionist suck this games dick harder?

ITS LITERALLY PERFECT ITS STARFOX 64 BUT PERFECT
>>
>>335195402
>Dumbing down the game (cant lose wings/upgrades) is considered "innovation"

Fuck that guy
>>
>>335195402
He did say Star Fox 64 is one of his favorite games ever. You're going to overlook flaws when a true sequel (reimagining or whatever, you get what I mean) comes out after so long.
>>
>>335195864
You can lose upgrades though?
>>
File: 1460829621406.png (47 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
1460829621406.png
47 KB, 300x378
>>335195864
You don't lose wings but if you get hit enough your laser tier goes down.

At least try to know what you're talking about.
>>
If you only get to fight robo-andross, where's the real thing? Still out there?
>>
Pretty good for me, biggest negative of the game right now is that boss on Fichina which is no fun to play and doesn't even give you a guy to yell at you.
>>
>>335196003
So that's why my laser kept getting worse during the fight against Aquarosa. I thought it was special to the boss.
>>
>>335196003
>>335195937
He doesnt mention that. He just says the first upgrade lasts the whole level, and twhat the 2nd one does
>>
File: 1461260213778.jpg (62 KB, 393x281) Image search: [Google]
1461260213778.jpg
62 KB, 393x281
>characters don't speak in EBUHDUHBUHDUH voices when you use the Retro Arwing

so close yet so far
>>
>>335196243
Well, he was talking about how the game doesn't hamper your flight capabilities anymore. He could've mentioned the laser downgrade, but it wasn't really relevant to that train of thought.
>>
>>335195069
There's absolutely nothing wrong with budget titles. Big budget doesn't necessarily mean better game.
>>
>>335184557
Controls aren't the issue.

The fact everything is so slow, and made worse with everything that's not the Arwing is what killed it for me.

Even in the slower levels of 64, like Macbeth, you still had a lot to do, lots of obstacles and switches and enemies, which kept you moving and active.
Nothing made me feel hype. Nothing felt really good to do, it was just task A to task B, nothing was fun about 'hacking' the switches. The arwing sections which should have been the best part felt too slow, it just didn't feel good.

You know what felt good? Rolling and tumbling and hitting switches and sending that fucking train right into an arms depot. That shit was one of the hypest boss kill in Nintendo. It felt good dodging the spotlights on Zoness, but in Zero it just feels arbitrary since it's so slow and easy.
>>
Any chance of this game selling well enough to get new planets and routes as DLC?
>>
>>335196502

Nope.
>>
>>335196502
Doubtful. This game got fucked over my the R&C remake actually being good
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x450
>>335194692
Just one Andross fight which is weird, because this Andross is never seen except in the sound test
>>
>>335196545
We're people expecting Ratchet to be bad? I don't think I've played outright bad r&c game, though I didn't play all4one.
>>
>>335196623
Well, this hopefully means less cut content and more sequel bait.
>>
>they made the typical carrier boss somewhat of a threat by playing with your expectations
I was starting to think I wouldn't see him at all.
>>
>>335196623

Source? I wanna see all of the models for fanart reference
>>
>>335196545
I mean, the Rachet and Clank games are consistently good so no surprise there. But is it really fucking this game over sales wise? Its the first week so maybe its too early to tell.

Also I was bitching earlier about the gyro. It clicked. It actually clicked.

Gamepad's still ass though.
>>
>>335184557

>THREE HOURS
>T
>H
>R
>E
>E

>H
>O
>U
>R
>S
>>
>>335196889

R&C won't fuck this game over

It's done it to itself.

Even once the controls click, SFZ is a watered down version of SF64, which we've all played several versions of already.

Rail Shooters have a place in gaming, but not this exact same shooter that was released 20 years ago.
>>
I'm enjoying it
>>
>>335197046
And? Its a rail shooter with tons of replayability.

About 3 hours is a great run that you can go back over and over again.

You like 20 hour one and done games?
>>
>>335197118
The only other version of 64 I can think of is 3D which was literally a handheld remake.

This is fine. Better to have this than some shit like Adventure or Assault and ESPECIALLY Command.
>>
The chicken walking is fine, I'm having more trouble with the other thingie though. I've been playing for a while and so far I've enjoyed it.
>>
>>335196623
>Actually design a full body for him for once
>Still just go straight to Face + Hands boss fight
>>
>>335197291
Nah don't you see, anons want more Command. No they demand more Command.
>>
I'm actually liking the gyro controls for everything but the Arwing.
Also why the fuck is target mode required for the boss fights? That's really my only issue with the game so far but it's a pretty damn big issue.
>>
>>335184557
The Gyrowing is a bigass stain on an otherwise great game
>>
>>335197291

3D was a remake of 64, and 64 was a rehash of SNES.

This is NOT fine. The gameplay mechanics are ok, but the slower pace isn't, the piss easy bosses definitely aren't, the removal of any kind of multiplayer and hard mode is fucking awful, and using the exact same levels and nearly identical layouts as the 64 (and by extension, SNES) game is inexcusable.
>>
>>335197606
I think it plays fine and is kinda fun, but it just doesn't fit Star Fox at all.
>>
>>335184942
>bitching about a game you haven't played is retarded

>buying a game and then bitching about it is retarded

So basically the game is infallible.
>>
Please tell me what im not doing right when fighting bosses and star wolf.

I thought i just lock onto them, circle them, and aim with the gamepad to shoot at them?

I cant beat the Aquarosa boss.
>>
Who playing guard?
>>
>>335198013

Just started fampai.
>>
Is there a way for Americans to get just Zero and not Guard for less than 60? I'm not sure I want to shell out full price since my confidence in Nintendo has wavered recently.
>>
>>335198228
Amazon Prime gets you both for 47.99.
>>
>>335197862
>I cant beat the Aquarosa boss.
At the very start of the fight go in on a tight circle around it, pepper each of the 6 laser canons with a few shots, you have a decent amount of time before the shield starts coming up again and you need to retreat.

When it goes down again, you should be able to finish killing all the laser guns on top since you damaged them all on the first pass.

This means you only have the 3 initially submerged ones left to worry about, and this should drastically ease the rest of the fight since the shield starts to rise very rapidly after the first 2 times.
>>
>>335198228
NO and seriously don't fucking bother. Guard is a literal mobile game they bundled because the main game is legit not worth more than $30
>>
>>335197756
I'm gonna assume you've 100% it already in which case, dang that sucks.

I dunno, I'm finding it fun myself. Its not too piss easy that I can play it without paying attention to the screen, and while I get Assault had the fun multiplayer (and it sucks that there isn't any regardless) I'm fine without it since I can see myself replaying the core game multiple times just for medals and shit. Its solid. Though I'm probably speaking from bias since the 60 dollar package with this and Guard really sweetened the deal as opposed to a standalone game.
>>
>>335198291
I might do that if there's no other option.
>>335198325
That's the point, I'm trying to avoid getting Guard.
>>
>>335198228

Guard's better than Zero. By a lot.

And yeah, in a week or so they'll release Zero digitally (for 55).
>>
>>335198397
Thats why I said no
>>
File: 1430187589615.png (57 KB, 227x226) Image search: [Google]
1430187589615.png
57 KB, 227x226
>>335184557
>>335184693
There is nothing wrong with the Pheasant Walker, shut up.
>>
I hope these controls click soon, because I am not pleased.
>>
>>335197772
No but it's like
>play through two-and-a-half levels of high impact furry violence
>progress grinds to a halt during the gigarilla level
>it's slow as fuck and kills the pacing of the game
>immediately afterward you have to do an entire level with it

It's just so forced
>>
Having a lot of fun with the game. Taking a break while my gamepad charges up, too much Splatoon before I went out to pick up my pre-order.

I think the red arwing takes more damage than the retro and normal arwing, anyone else feeling the same?
>>
File: 1461285597854.png (599 KB, 852x477) Image search: [Google]
1461285597854.png
599 KB, 852x477
>>335198358

Here's the world map with all paths unlocked.

It's unfortunately just 64's map with two extra planets. The levels themselves are pretty much identical except for the forced walker and copter sections as well. The slower pace it goes at makes it a lot easier to deal with pretty much everything compared to the faster SF64.

I justify my purchase by thinking that Guard is the $40 game and Zero is the $20 HD Remix of 64.
>>
>>335185397

You actually do unlock the amiibo modes if you get 70 medals.

Black Arwing is basically hard mode.
>>
>>335198595

Falco/Black Arwing receives and deals double damage.

Basically it's easy mode.
>>
>>335198595
The red arwing takes more damage.
>>
>>335198645
>>335198696

So which is it? Hard or easy mode?
>>
>>335198436
>Right control stick mapping
THIS IS NOT FINE BRAH
>>
>>335198397
I feel like I remember Nintendo saying the bundle was a timed thing only. Like in a direct or something.
>>
>>335198645

>black arwing
>hard mode
>deals double damage

avoiding everything is extremely easy in this game since the flight speed is slowed down, so it doesn't even matter that it takes double damage.

Hard mode of previous games actually changed up enemy placements in every level, it changed their behaviour, and it altered power up frequence and location.

Black Arwing is not even close to a replacement for Expert Mode.
>>
>>335198770

>Takes x2 Damage
>Gives x2 Damage

It's a bit of both, but it's nothing like the previous hardmodes. Since it doesn't change up the levels anymore, and you pretty much have to master the levels to get all the medals, it's essentially easy mode for those that unlock it properly.
>>
>>335198645
>You actually do unlock the amiibo modes if you get 70 medals.

seriously? if this is true i might pick the game up
>>
>>335199109
It is, it was confirmed by The Completionist.
>>
>>335184557
Enjoying the game. Wish there were more on-rails levels. The controls are awesome. Only thing that sucks is the fucking walker, how the fuck are you suppose to manage that shit?
>>
>>335198860

> damage being important at all

It's super easy to kill anything in this game without the need for extra damage.

Only being able to take acouple hits is the far more important thing this mode brings to the table.

It's not expert mode, but it's something.
>>
>>335197229
>tons of replayability
>no unlocks
>no expert mode
I did everything in 10 hours. Why would you replay this game.
>>
>>335199515

You clearly didn't since you think there is no unlocks.
>>
>>335184693
Fuck off polygon.
>>
>>335199459

No, it makes every single boss battle even quicker, and it removes all the tension from the few occasions where enemies can actually take more than one hit.

You actively have to try to get hit in this game in order to take damage.
>>
I want to like this game so bad. It's so fucking close to getting it right.

I hate the gyro controls. I liked them in Splatoon and the Zelda remakes, but here tt doesn't add anything to it, it just makes it more irritating to aim. I've died like 4 times after only playing a few hours thanks to the controls. It's driving me crazy.

If it weren't for the controls it'd be a pretty game, but they are so horrendously forced into this.

Also, tapping the ZR button so much is cramping my finger.

just godfucking dammit can star fox have 2 good games.
>>
>>335199574
No unlocks worth mentioning
>2 arwings and a music player
Thanks Shiggy, it's not like 64 had an expert mode
>>
>>335199784
or multiplayer with different vehicle unlocks
>>
>Busy playing Bravely Second
>Friend calls me
>"Yo did you get Zero yet?"
>"Yeah, I got it in the mail this morning. I haven't started it yet cause I am busy in Bravely Second. How is it?"
>"It was pretty great"
>"Was?"
>"Yeah was. I 100% a few minutes ago."
>It was 2 pm when he had called me.

Waited months for a game that you can 100% in a single day. Why can't Nintendo produce games faster then this?
>>
I saw the ultimate "It's okay when Nintendo does it" reviews of this piece of shit today that i'm really mad

>Talked about how it recycles 64 AGAIN, even has low poly models in some places but it's okay cause it fits and looks good
>>
>>335199574

>2 arwings (retro and easy mode)
>music player

Yeah, I'd be confident in saying this game has no unlocks.
>>
when will they stop rebooting this fucking series and actually make some new stages. the new vehicles are stupid, just make more play styles. More All Range Mode giant maps where you have multiple objectives going on, give the ability to actually go fast.

it's about fucking space animals piloting ships, you're telling me this rehashed shit is the best thing you can think of? so much potential in this series and you just shit out another brick once again.
>>
>>335199925

They delayed it to get it up to 60 fps.

Not talking out my ass either, Platinum was brought on board to tackle a few minor issues such as FPS and they pushed for a whole game delay: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/star_fox_zero_delayed_to_achieve_a_platinum_feel_in_quality
>>
>>335199782

You only need to tap ZR every so often and it'll burst fire.
>>
>>335200235
Too bad it still can't keep 60 FPS at all times
>>
>Fans ask for a good star fox game like 64 was
>Miyamoto's response boils down to:
>"Ok, I will make a "good" star fox game like 64 was."
>"A game with low polygons, like 64 was."
>"A game you can beat in a short amount of time, like 64 was."
>"A game with very easy bosses, like 64 was."

Don't call it a grave, its what you wanted.
>>
>>335200259
I know, but even then the ZR placement on the pad is really uncomfy. It's be better if it were a face button
>>
>>335200376
if nintendo can't figure out how to actually make good video games, they have a fucking problem
>>
>>335200376
A good Star Fox game would be a super high-quality rail shooter with a touch of all-range mode thrown in.

But you don't care you're just trying to stir up shit with garbage posts like that. Fuck off.
>>
>>335200131

Except the black arwing is hard mode you dumb fuck.
>>
>read people complaining about having to look at the gamepad for cockpit view
>doing tutorials
>press select/- to see what it does
>switches screens instantly like Abby game with offscreen mode
Wow, that was hard!
>>
>>335200469
Really it's Miyamoto. He hasn't directed a game in over a decade and keeps trying to shove unnecessary mechanics in games. He's lost his touch.
>>
>>335200519
>hard mode
>double damage taken AND DEALT
ok
>>
>>335187796
>>335187796
>>335188361

Gyro is optional, anon
>>
>>335200519
It's easy mode you retard, you need to be fucking awful to getting hit constantly
>>
>>335200519

>dealing double damage is hardmode
>taking double damage from literal potshots that you can see a mile away is hardmode

please, another shitpost sir
>>
>>335200748
It can't be turned off all the way, just not on all the time.
>>
>>335200871

> Killing faceless enemies slightly easier, when they go down in 1 or 2 hits anyway

> this is important
>>
>>335200519

how is literally dealing twice the amount of damage to every enemy hardmode?
>>
>>335200909

> says the fag who hasn't played the game
>>
>>335201031

Because enemies aren't bullet sponges so it barely makes a fucking difference?

Have you ever played a starfox game?
>>
>>335184557

>motion controls

Nope. Switching to sticks the instant I'm on the main menu.
>>
File: image.png (35 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35 KB, 321x322
>>335194720
>>
>>335200987
The bosses are killed significantly faster with the black arwing when they're already easy as shit
>>
>>335201190
...anon...
>>
>>335200987

>getting hit by faceless enemies EVER
>you'd have to be functionally retarded to do so

double damage means that the few enemies who actually take 3-4 hits, missles, and every boss is even more piss easy than they already are, and it trivializes every score medal if you're using the amiibo

there's no reason to be getting hit by ANYTHING in this game, so taking double damage is completely irrelevant
>>
>>335201190

I'M SO SORRY
>>
>>335201190

jajajajaja

you're in for a treat.
>>
>>335200519

I'm 100% certain you're shitposting.

There's no one who's so terrible at this game that a black arwing makes it harder
>>
>>335201190
Have fun and get good faggot.
>>
How do you get into co-op?

I've heard that's the only way you can use the Pro controller in this game.
>>
>>335201239

> implying you have the game

Enemies actually dog you in All-range mode, something they rarely ever did in 64.
>>
Fuck me the gyro control discussion in this thread reminds me of the Splatoon autism.
Those arguments are still going...
>>
>>335201524
People just don't like gyro, anon. Is that honestly so hard to believe?

Fuck, I'm enjoying this game a lot but Id enjoy it more without gyro or Gamepad usage period.
>>
File: 2-barrel-roll.jpg (31 KB, 483x408) Image search: [Google]
2-barrel-roll.jpg
31 KB, 483x408
>>335201510

>what is barrel rolling

Did you learn nothing from years and years of memes?
>>
How do I activate the Star Wolf fight on Fichina?
>>
>>335201510

>enemies actually dog you

anon, pretty sure you're just a super shitty player
>>
Been really fun so far. I'm kinda confused on the control complaints though, those are spot on, it's only splitting attention between two screens that can get confusing.

I get the feeling reviewers thought the cockpit view was optional and played entirely from the TV screen without looking down at the gamepad, which would explain a whole lot.
>>
>>335196623
goddamn im dissapointed that andross is floating head as his only form.again. I bet Platinum have something in mind for multiple forms of andross but alas they're just asset creators for the game.
>>
>>335201998
I find it easier to switch the screens when needed than look at the gamepad from looking at the TV.
>>
>>335201510

>Enemies actually dog you in All-range mode

And now you've confirmed you haven't played the game.

The do it in one level, and it never matters since they get completely lost when you somersault.
>>
Do Katt and Bill ever show up to help outside of the one giant ship battle with starwolf
>>
>>335201510

The fuck are you doing letting enemies live long enough to chase you?

The only ones that do that take 2-3 hits to take out and they're even easier to take out and have less of a chance to do so when you use the Black Arwing
>>
>>335199782
man i kinda hate how they mapped the barrel roll to flicking the stick to the side i dunno if its just me not being gud, but i have trouble performing it especially against star wolf's firing a barrage of lasers. I feel it should be mapped to the L button with a single press.
>>
Anyone know the button shortcut for barrel rolls?
>>
>>335202685

There isn't one.

You literally have to use the right analogue to do it.
>>
>Have to use shitty walker and its shit controls and mandatory cockpit view in order to hit anything to beat Andross

Fuck this game the only good thing is Arwing combat as usual and it so little
>>
File: 1395877891062.jpg (96 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
1395877891062.jpg
96 KB, 692x530
>>335199782
>I want to like this game so bad. It's so fucking close to getting it right.

Holy shit this. I'm warming up to it the more I play, but I don't think it will ever match Star Fox 64.
>>
File: Complete_lylat_map.jpg (28 KB, 596x394) Image search: [Google]
Complete_lylat_map.jpg
28 KB, 596x394
Well, I finally played it for myself. Got to the final boss and holy shit is that not fun to play nor as cool as 64's. It's like no one play-tested it to make sure it was fun as hell, they play-tested it to make sure that it was tolerable enough for the new gimmicks to work.

James' new lines also fucking blows.

>Trust the view from the cockpit, fox
>you have to make it back to your friends, fox.

What the hell.

As for the rest of the game... I feel let down for the most part. It doesn't feel like I can replay most of this again and again. Especially not this boring-ass fucking gyrowing segment.

The portals fucking blow too. Instead of taking you to new awesome full-fledged missions it takes you to a bite-sized piece of what a full mission's supposed to be. That is not buena!

The map's all fucked up too. Why they didn't go for the simple map concept that was used in star fox 64 I will not know. Maybe it's because they rushed shit and just don't know what they're doing.

>64's
>easy, medium, and hard path
>same amount of levels in each that are roughly the same amount of time each
>simple

>zero's
>linear as fuck for the most part
>if you take anything besides the main route it's basically a shortcut that cuts the playtime for the session by an hour or two
>eat shit

I can't believe everyone's first major complaints were the fucking controls of all things.
>>
I'm so torn on buying it. I'm afraid that I'll buy it and immediately regret it, throwing $50 down the drain. But I loved 64 and this game looks so good. I've read reviews, most bad, and I just can't decide.
>>
>>335202685
This game really needed more control options.
That seems like a relatively simple thing to implement considering how many problems it could fix.
Seriously just put the bomb button somewhere else and give us L and R to barrel roll.
Traditional A to fire would've been nice too.
>>
>>335186869
I wonder how one applies for a position to go onto sites and shill anyway? There are either a lot here or a few dedicated people covering a lot of ground. Wonder how much money you make from it.
>>
>>335203462
>Can't dodge Gorilla bosses Rapid Fire shot because control sticks are shit for rapid inputs on Wii U gamepad so I do half assed barrel rolls and her fucked

Seriously why is Shiggy so fucking stubborn to doing something not retarded?
>>
File: takamura.png (228 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
takamura.png
228 KB, 640x480
While I generally enjoyed the game and everything I can't help but be a little disappointed from what I have seen so far.

>alternate first stage boss is just the exact same boss with a much more boring lead up fight and in the water
>first alternate branching stage is just getting rid of the gyro wing and using the Arwing + Chicken
>looking at the map there are only two other planets that I haven't played
>the controls for the chicken and the gyro are absolutely atrocious, even when I got used to it in the arwing
>died once the entire first playthrough, easy as shit

64 could lead you on a complete different path with sets of objectives and everything depending on how you decided to play.

I wish they focussed more on levels that were SET G-DIFFUSERS TO MAX instead of stupid gimmicky control shit with a bunch of vehicles that are shit.

Landmaster, Arwing, and I can accept the Chicken since it was fun to use in the Fox vs Star Wolf fight. Hell I hated the submarine from 64 but I can accept that as well.

I have no fucking idea how it took them this long to make it when it has less content then 64.

Solid C to C+. Satisfactory, solid, but nothing new and worse in some ways then the 64 game.
>>
>>335204058
Sounds about right to me.
>>
>>335203759
going from left <-> right is the fastest. But I wouldn't have minded the traditional button layout. The worse thing is that they did it for one reason, and that was to link fox's hands and arwing joytick to the player's thumb sticks.

I get it, but fuck that.
>>
>>335204285
Damn I hate that

No Shiggy I don't feel like I'm actually in the game as Fox when I'm forced to move around like a idiot with a oversized brick in my hand as I curse you out for making such shitty controls on your vehicles and requiring them
>>
File: 1408411691260.png (173 KB, 389x376) Image search: [Google]
1408411691260.png
173 KB, 389x376
>>335203457
>I can't believe everyone's first major complaints were the fucking controls of all things.

Same here. I'm convinced those asshats either never played SF64 or went MAXIMUM retard and assumed Zero would be a twin stick shooter for some stupid reason.
>>
>>335203457

This pissed me off the most desu.

I have no fucking idea how it took them this long to make and we have half the content.
>>
>>335204694

60fps

that's why it got delayed for so long

and they couldn't even get that right
>>
>>335204058

Forgot one thing.

At the end of my first playthrough my Gamepad was red on battery.

I fucking HATE THE GOD DAMN GAMEPAD STOP IT NINTENDO REEEEE
>>
File: 1457048170169.png (162 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1457048170169.png
162 KB, 400x300
Just finished Zoness, holy shit that was long and awful.

Hopefully that's the only gyrowing-focused mission in the whole game. I'll take any other path as long as I never come back to Zoness.
>>
>got decompiled iso
title key when?
>>
>>335200925
How do you change the gyro controls to only when aiming? Where is the options menu?
>>
>>335205341
When you pause, there's a button on the corner of the game pad screen.
>>
File: 1461200583789.jpg (813 KB, 1018x2871) Image search: [Google]
1461200583789.jpg
813 KB, 1018x2871
Why is this allowed?
>>
I am saddened by the lack of straight on, on rail bosses. Everything goes into all ranged mode.
>>
>>335205270

GUESS WHAT ANON.

THE ONLY OTHER PATH.

IS ZONESS REHASHED BUT YOU ARE IN THE ARWING AND CHICKEN

DID YOU RIKE IT?
>>
These controls are worse than Kid Icarus: Uprising.
>>
>>335184557
I agree OP, it was a pretty good movie

terrible game, though
>>
>>335205520
Haven't played it myself yet, but everyone I've heard from says the Arwing version of Zoness is great.
>>
>thinking about buying it
>everybody here has complaints, and they're not all even control complaints

anons...i don't think i'm gonna do it...
>>
>>335205619

It's a lot faster but I fucking hate the chicken.
>>
>>335205631
Form your own opinion.
>>
>>335205631
I mean if you're gonna take the word of strangers on the Internet, go for it I guess. No one's stopping you or telling you to do otherwise.
>>
>>335205696
>>335205738
shut up faggots
>>
>>335205631
this is how i feel too anon, i want to like this game. I think aesthetically they hit it out of the park, especially in character design, and vehicle design but everything else man...
>>
Why is everyone complaining about the walker?
Of everything in the game, it somehow manages to be the arwing that I have the most trouble with.

>>335205631
Just rent or pirate it
>>
>>335205631
At least you know what to expect. If you go in knowing the disappointing parts and not discovering them on your own you'll probably have a better experience.
>>
>>335205520
>>335205270
There are actually a few other paths you could take to avoid zoness entirely.
>>
>>335205631

You can pretty much expect a slightly worse version of SF64.

If you want MORE 64 but wish it was slower and easier, then SFZ is a good buy.

Otherwise, yeah, probably best to skip it.
>>
does this game have a slot machine boss yes/no
>>
File: 1443650933809.gif (3 MB, 345x260) Image search: [Google]
1443650933809.gif
3 MB, 345x260
>>335203457
This shit right here is the real issue with Zero.

The mechanics are solid, but some of the levels drag on for way too long. SF64 was the shit because it was fast and consistent: three routes, all with their differences being level themes, objectives, or vehicles. Zero is all over the place with pacing and progression.

It's like they decided to throw in a hodgepodge of levels together without any real thought about how they fit together. 64's levels had some sense of progression to them, but Zero feels really cheap in that regard. There's no real way to mix up the adventure in a meaningful way like 64, where you at least had two ways to reach Venom, two ways to reach Area 6 or Bolse, two ways to reach Sector Z, etc.

I feel like they spent so much time working on the gimmick that they didn't really think about how the rest of the game worked together. It's fun, sure, but it could've been so much more.
>>
>>335205631
Wait until there is a used copy at Gamestop. Buy it and if you don't like it, return it within 7 days for a full refund. That's what I'm doing.
>>
>>335203457
>As for the rest of the game... I feel let down for the most part. It doesn't feel like I can replay most of this again and again. Especially not this boring-ass fucking gyrowing segment.

Nigga just play arcade mode and beat aquarosa, no gyrowing for Syou.

corneria-aquarosa-sector beta- fortuna - gamma - corneria 2- venom best route
>>
>>335205781
>I don't want to buy it
>Sure man, go for it
>SHUT UP FAGGOTS REEEEEEE

I don't understand this site anymore.
>>
>>335205631
A lot of the complaining is actually shit poster lies such as the claims of it only being 3 hours to 100% it, it becomes harder to find the real complaints like the Gyrowing and such.
Also lot of stuff can be love it or hate it like the gyro controls.

Buy or rent a physical copy and decide for yourself, if you don't like it you can return it.
>>
File: 1344747418497.png (45 KB, 377x415) Image search: [Google]
1344747418497.png
45 KB, 377x415
>but wish it was slower and easier

I wouldn't say it's slower, I'd say it's on par with 64's speed, but it IS way too easy even with the foreign controls.

I was EXCITED for this shit. FOR FOUR MONTHS.
>>
Just so people know there are more alternate paths, just on the same planets.

Go do all the portals then you unlock more shit.
>>
File: 1443933246860.gif (3 MB, 492x336) Image search: [Google]
1443933246860.gif
3 MB, 492x336
>don't have Meteo unlocked
>people say you can unlock it through the Andrew + Pigma fight in Sector Alpha and the Area 3 satellite battle
>don't have those either
>>
How is starfox guard?
>>
>tfw the shitposters a year ago were right
>>
File: tsuyu.jpg (368 KB, 726x1024) Image search: [Google]
tsuyu.jpg
368 KB, 726x1024
>>335206614
Haven't played it yet but I don't think I'll be as offended at it as I am at zero right now.
>>
>>335200748
>gyro is optional

The game is literally out and being played by people and this meme still persists.
>>
>>335206778
You'll be fine. You didn't have amy expectations for Guard, right?
>>
File: 1419424260186.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1419424260186.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1600
>>335206906
I expect the same gameplay I've seen from e3 and preview videos. It looks legit fun and I really wanna see how I can screw other players over with my custom levels.
>>
>>335206362
With the exception of Fortuna, the only actual level you unlock, the alternate paths are pretty half-assed.
There is Arwing instead of Gyrocopter on Zoness, Arwing chase against Andrew, and the rest are just boss fights or defending the Great Fox (twice).
>>
File: zero.jpg (691 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
zero.jpg
691 KB, 1000x750
>>335184557
Haven't bought it yet, played it an event though, and it's pretty solid. Liking the local co-op mode, the bosses I fought were actually kinda tricky, wasn't expecting it. Still getting used to the controls. Gonna get it this week though.

Pic related, stuff they gave out at the event. To get the patch you had to make a paper arwing (they had paper with arwings printed on, you had to fold it) and throw it across the room into a goal golden ring that was pretty small. Was a neat giveaway.
>>
>Many of the game's minor issues could be fixed with a simple patch
>There are no longer Club Nintendo survey to request such a patch
JUST
>>
>>335207268
How does local co op work? Can you do with a pad and a pro controller?
>>
>>335207332
There's direct surveys to Nintendo. And I'm sure the new My Nintendo shit will find some way of implementing the same function.
>>
File: 1460763835408.gif (631 KB, 640x500) Image search: [Google]
1460763835408.gif
631 KB, 640x500
>>335207332
Stuff like Venom 2, a few more actual levels, and more on-rails segments with the Arwing can't be fixed with a "simple patch", anon. We'd be lucky to even get something like more amiibo content.
>>
>>335207502
I said "minor issues" you dumb anime poster
>>
>>335207502
He means the control issues and just button mapping, just stuff that obstructs the core game, not what should probably have been in the core game.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.