[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: bof5-cover-us.jpg (42 KB, 640x902) Image search: [Google]
bof5-cover-us.jpg
42 KB, 640x902
Was it really that bad?
>>
It was a pretty unique experience.

Which is why it's hated for being part of a series that it's nothing like.

It wasn't bad, but the concept I think was a diamond in the rough.
>>
>>335120437
NO. Its a great game! I really miss breath of fire.
>>
>>335120592
I personally think it's bullshit how comparatively weak you are and how absurdly broken you get just from using d-drive. I wouldn't mind using it sparingly but the game practically forces it upon you given that your party members are fairly useless too.
>>
>>335120818
>Nina
>useless

You're an idiot who never understood that her and Lin synergizes perfectly. She sets traps that Lin knocks/pulls enemies into. Not to mention Lin gets a retarded up close attack late game.
>>
>>335120437
It's the MGS2 of its franchise.
>>
>>335122994

So yes, it is shit.
>>
>>335123507
As expected of an Original BoF fans. Shit taste and casual..
>>
It's one of the best game on the PS2 and one of the best JRPG ever made
Anyone who dislike it is a fucking moron
>>
>>335122994
So better than the previous one? Gothca
>>
>>335120437
Aside from discouraging you from using its main mechanic and imposed time limit, no because it was a pretty great game. Neither of those is a problem unless it's literally your first JRPG ever. If you're a BoF fan who didn't like the change, that's a different matter.

>dat feel when it's legitimately titled Breath of Fire 5 in Japan
>>
>>335120437
It's an excellent game and unique jrpg.
>>
>>335123994
also the ones after it.
>>
>>335120437
no just not really a BoF game kinda like Chrono Cross
>>
No it wasn't bad, it had some stupid mechanics for sure (such as the save tokens) but it wasn't a bad game. The dragon form made fights a joke but you were punished for relying on it. My only real gripe with it was the small roster of playable characters.

It gets a shit rep because it was different. Fans were accustomed to a traditional turn-based fantasy RPG and got a dystopian cyber(?)punk turn-based RPG feat. tactical movement.
>>
>>335124879
The synergy between Ryuu, Nina and Lyn was more than enough to take care of that small roster
They all have their own unique roles but also function really well as a group, Dragon Quarter has exquisite balance
>>
File: gsdx_20150304150814.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20150304150814.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1080
I love this game, it's really unique. Also emulates nicely with the right settings.
>>
>>335125156
That's definitely true, there were no dud characters gameplay-wise unlike say Nina in 3, magic in 3 in general I guess.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.