[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth pirating, or is all the juice in the multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Is this worth pirating, or is all the juice in the multiplayer aspect of the game?

>inb4 500+ replies arguing about piracy
>>
>>335117597
I think it's worth playing simply for the single player. I haven't got more than 5 or so hours of multiplayer in, but it is very fun.
>>
>>335117701
But how do bloodstains work in the game if it's pirated? Or are there none?

I watched dunky and it seems like most of the fun is during invasions and shit like that.
>>
Single Player is good, but the multiplayer adds a nice layer to the game itself.

Also, if you have difficulty with something, you can summon help with multiplayer (not counting NPC summons, who are retarded).

If you are looking to 100% the game or some shit, you will NEED multiplayer.
>>
File: chillsouls.png (846 KB, 769x429) Image search: [Google]
chillsouls.png
846 KB, 769x429
>>335117597
you can play the game single player but pvp and factions are extremely addicting. people may say that the pvp combat is shit but i think its the perfect balance except against lag opponents.
>>
Lackluster bosses.

Rehashed enemies, NPCs, armors and weapons.

Shorter than DaS1 and 2.

Poor enemy variety, most enemies are just boring knights.

Awful gimmick boss fights.

Laggy online.

Two covenants that are literally identical to one another.

It's shit.
>>
>>335117864
I have no idea how the pirated version handles online as I'm not a dirty criminal and can afford games. But I'm personally recommending the single player. The Souls games are primarily designed as single player games and that's where they really shine. The multiplayer is unique and fun as hell, but they aren't the main focus of the games.
>>
>>335117597
>is all the juice in the multiplayer aspect of the game?

All souls pvp is shit at launch, and co-oping makes every boss a pushover. Playing single player only is fine.
>>
Making a good RPG with deep character building, lots of equipment variety, lots of gameplay variety, amazing combat nearly on par with a 1v1 fighting game like street fighter, responsive controls and immersive story/lore is one thing.

Making it a multiplayer game that works perfectly and beautifully and seamlessly within the world of the game is another thing entirely.

The game on its own is great, but it's the inclusion of this unbelievably good multiplayer that makes it a genre redefining masterpiece.

If you went back in time and said "I'm going to put not just Co-Op but also PvP in Ocarina of Time" people would have called you crazy.
>>
First tell us how much you like souls games.
>>
>>335117597
I pirated DS1; about halfway through I bought the game proper and went through again from the start. I did this because I was really missing all the messages, bloodstains and jolly cooperation. Feels like a really important part of the game, affecting tone, how you play it, all of that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.