[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to Japanese video game market?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 111.png (6 KB, 464x92) Image search: [Google]
111.png
6 KB, 464x92
People rave about ebil westerners not wanting to buy good Japanese games but it seems that the indigenous market for those games doesn't exist either as in - Japanese don't buy Japanese games.

Case in point - pic related, translation of console port of 2 years old game that is the direct opposite of the games Japanese make was top seller over there last week. But was it HUGE HIT?

Nope, it sold 6100 copies.

Is gaming in Japan dead?
>>
>>335111013
> top seller

Divinity was on 20th spot in Media Create or something like that

> top seller

also Golden Week
>>
>>335111013
>the week
>>
>>335111013
https://www.vg247.com/2013/11/08/famitsu-reveals-japans-100-best-selling-games-of-the-century/

this list is only 3 years old and i really doubt much has changed in the top ten since 2013

all they care about is dragon quest, nintendo, and square enix

that's it
>>
>>335111013
It's been steadily dying. So basically, nothing new.
>>
How do you expect a gaming community in Japan to even exist? By the time kids hit High School, they're pretty much treated as adults with the same expectations to uphold all their responsibilities.
>>
>>335111013
There is so much ignorance and misleading info in the OP of this thread that I'm just going to pretend it isn't real.
>>
Thank god the western market is picking up the slack and producing incredible games
>>
File: What the fuck am I reading.gif (172 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am I reading.gif
172 KB, 500x506
>>335112336
>>
>>335112382
People are buying western games from a reason anon
>>
>>335112531
Because marketing.
Not because of actual quality.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.