[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This really does deserve the title of classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 81COKL1xAUS._SL1500_.jpg (122 KB, 1057x1500) Image search: [Google]
81COKL1xAUS._SL1500_.jpg
122 KB, 1057x1500
This really does deserve the title of classic
>>
This was like the video game version of a 70s era exploitation film

bretty gud
>>
>>335104308
yeah.
i loved it
>>
>>335104308
Yeah it was great
>>
There's an underlying brilliance to Manhunt that a lot of people really don't see. It's a commentary on violence in media. As the decades have gone on, audiences need to have progressively more violent and realistic acts in movies, video games and books, which after overexposure, they become jaded by, requiring that media needs to reach new extremes to entertain. Manhunt is sort of the logical conclusion to that.
>>
one of a kind except there's a sequel
>>
I remember playing this when i was in high school. it was a gory ass game and the tone was perfect for it. I never got to the end but i heard it was terrifying. I guess it is a classic though.
>>
It truly is a masterpiece. Fuck GTA, RDR and even LA Noire, I want Manhunt 3. The music, the atmosphere, the killings...all so good.

Modding the PC version to get first person mode is even better.

And honestly, the graphics were beautiful. There's always been something about quake-like graphics I really love.
>>
Doesn't steam have Manhunt but only works on WinXP?
>>
>>335104308
Its pretty much the Cannibal Holocaust of video games.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 272x185
Why are people ITT praising this game?

It has terrible controls, camera, and just a terrible stealth game
>>
>>335106915
I believe so, yes
I don't think even running it in compatibility mode works
>>
>>335107070

Because its le edgy game sticking it to the man AKA people who hate violence in games

You even have faggots like >>335104661
doing literal mental gymnastics as to why its a piece of art.

Pretty much the gamer gators of the time.
>>
Edgy done right.
>>
>>335104850
You fight a pig man wielding a chainsaw and chainsaw his hands off when he is hanging off a ledge.

The game really bothered me as a kid as I didn't get passed the first level and suck at stealth. Plus, when someone gave me the game they gave it to me in a weird case that was written in sharpie "manhunt." I didn't know what I was in for.
>>
>>335104308
Hahahahaha no. Literally fucking Edgelord: The Game. Was never even meant to be good, just controversial.
>>
>>335107257
Something doesn't have to be classified as art to be a legitimate social commentary, retard.
>>
>>335107070
>It has terrible controls, camera
Just say you can't play it instead of stating lies.

>a terrible stealth game
That is true, that's why the game gets better when it stops encouraging stealth.
>>
>>335107697
>Was never even meant to be good, just controversial.
Jokes on you then, the game scored quite decently back then.

Only Manhunt 2 was made solely to cash on controversy and it ended up as a game trashed by reviwers and the public.
>>
File: Library.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
Library.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1050
>>335107697
>he doesn't want to live in Carcer City
What in the actual fuck is wrong with you, anon?
>>
>>335104308
also deserves HD remake with updated controls
>>
>>335107257
Everything about the way you write indicates that you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>335108264
It is "upgraded" for ps4. That's as close as it gets.
>>
>>335104308
it is.

I'd like a spiritual successor.

manhunt 2 was shit.
>>
>>335108218
>Ok Cash, Strike that dark brown wall with your dark brown brick to attract that dark brown gang member. After that, wait 20 minutes doing nothing entertaining to wait for him to get over there. Stare at his back for 5 more minutes before attacking him with your dark brown shard of glass to play out the same animation you've seen a million times in the first three levels of the game. Rinse and repeat ten more times. Just make sure to get more pieces of glass!
>>
It was a really mediocre game. If it didn't have the Rockstar brand I'd think it was some no name studio bargain bin garbage. You're just going around repeating the same tired stealth kills that you've seen since the second level. The stealth mechanics are not even anything special and it's broken as well, you can just tap the sprint button repeatedly to move quickly without making any noise. Boring and shitty game through and through.
>>
>>335108638
>being this bad at it
>>
>>335108449
can also play on 360 if you have the xbox orig disc, but is prone to crashing from my experiences
>>
File: WhatAload.gif (910 KB, 260x199) Image search: [Google]
WhatAload.gif
910 KB, 260x199
>>335109086
>>
File: 1458043828863.jpg (20 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1458043828863.jpg
20 KB, 340x340
>>335107070
>>
No one has even mentioned the brilliant voice acting by Brian Cox, probably one of the best performances by a celebrity for a video game.
>>
>>335104850
>>335107597
Come on it was hella tough but even I beat it when I was 14 or 15 or whatever.
>>
It was great. The sequel was censored nintendo trash go figure.

Someone stole my copy of it when I had roommates.
>>
>>335108557
manhunt 2 wasn't that bad, you're a faggot. It got tons of shit for the censorship and by the time it came out impatient faggots buried it, it was fine.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.