[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>40% Was it fair?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: gb.png (39 KB, 318x953) Image search: [Google]
gb.png
39 KB, 318x953
>40%
Was it fair?
>>
Giant Bomb are cunts. Nothing is new.
>>
>judging a game based on how many hours it takes you to beat it
I can beat Gunstar Heroes in under an hour, but that doesn't make it a bad game. It's a very fun game that can be replayed many times and enjoyed for years to come. You won't find replayability in some cinematic experience.
>>
>>335099123
I guess so. People have different standards after all, not everyone would agree that a 3 hours game is worth full price no matter how replayable it is.
>>
File: polygon.png (70 KB, 666x559) Image search: [Google]
polygon.png
70 KB, 666x559
>>335099123
This is unfair.
>>
>>335099552
If you'd bothered to read the actual review, the game's length is only a small part of his (valid) complaints about this game.
>>
>>335099123

Now I'm not defending Star Fox or anything and I definitely don't think it's worth the price tag but Giant Bomb is pure fucking cancer.
>>
>>335099953
Why do people dislike motion controls? I guess they're just kids who grew up on consoles rather than arcade cabinets.
>>
>>335101779
What bothered me in that article was how the guy was implying that Minami leaving had anything to do with SFZ. But yeah, it's pretty weird considering games like House of the Dead and Star Successor exist and are well liked.
>>
>>335101779
It depends on the game. Star Fox 64 was fine without motion controls.
>>
>>335102571
Well, SS and all the HotD games were designed like light gun arcade games. Star Fox 64 is not a light gun arcade game. However, the aiming actually would've worked if you could use the Wii remote/Nunchuk instead of having to look between two screens.
>>
>>335102578
It would have been better as an arcade game with motion controls.
>>
>>335103173
>instead of having to look between two screens.
You can change the camera anytime.
>>
>>335099123
Did the Gerts like Star Fox64 because if so, he needs to shut who ever gave it this score the hell up. SF64 was super short.
>>
>>335101779
Because Starfox not having motion controls was fine for everyone and wasn't something that was needed. Essentially, It was not broken, so there's no need in changing it. It makes it even worse when it's so forced on you and turned into a gimmicky pile of shit.

>B-but Splatoon...
The first moment someone tries to compare Splatoon gameplay to Starfox's is the single most retard in the entire world just for the simple fact how different those two games play.
>>
>>335103387
What do you mean? Switching the cockpit to the actual TV? How does that help?
>>
>>335103647
Why are motion controls a gimmick but analogue sticks aren't? Motion controls are far more accurate and more reliable.
>>
>>335103648
You don't have to look at two screens, just change to first person when you need it.
>>
>>335103647
Don't really get it. Gyro controls feels like a natural fit for an on rails shooter. It emulates tilting a flight stick peripheral
>>
>>335099953
pretty sure he wasn't replaced because of mixed reviews for a game
for a company only sales matter
>>
>>335099552
>You won't find replayability in some cinematic experience.
Which is exactly why SF0 is bad.
>>
>>335103781
They require more movement (not much more but just enough for lazy people to hate them) this pretty much the reason why VR will fail too
>>
>>335104108
So does a mouse
>>
>>335103647
At least you can turn off motion controls in Splatoon.
>>335103836
Or, you know, let me turn the motion controls off.
>>
>>335103858
Yea, So do regular standard controls as well. The problem with Zero's gimmick is that it's not used right and makes it more a choir just to do.

Take what 64 3D did with its gyro controls. For one thing, IT WAS OPTIONAL. Another thing is that it has you focus on trying to watch two screen and aim like a retard around your entire room, only for it needing to be re-calibrated.

Is a clunky miss for something that requires much attention.
>>
>>335104201
What does that have to do with motion controls
>>
>>335104201
What does that have to do with two screens? If you could turn the gyro off the game would still have first and third person modes.
>>
>>335099123
He's right. 2-3 hours run with branching routes sounds like an archaic arcade system like Time Crisis. People expect more out of their 60 bucks today.
>>
>>335104201
>At least you can turn off motion controls in Splatoon.
But not once did Miyamoto stop to think, "HMMM...Maybe SOME people won't like the shitty forced gimmick controls....NOPE, better make unoptional because..."
>>
>>335104498
Why are motion controls a gimmick but analogue sticks and dpads aren't?
>>
>>335104391
Not nearly as well. Plus gyro is more precise and faster. Also wiiu pad doesn't need recalibration and its gyro is much better.
>>
>>335104652
People are used to them. That's literally it. Gyro and pointers work great in rail shooters. They were literally a genre built around motion controls but these kids are too young to have been to an arcade
>>
>>335101779
>Why do people dislike motion controls?
The Wii U Gamepad isn't comfortable to hold for extended periods of time. It works for making Mario Maker levels, but I always prefer playing with a Pro Controller.
>>
>>335104652
The Gimmick is the idiotic two screen function mixed with unnecessary motion controls.
The gyro itself wouldn't be a problem if again, they made it optional, and two, didn't have you focus on two different things at the same exact time.
>>
>>335104994
>focus on two things at the same time

Why? Isn't it just a cockpit view?
>>
>>335104652
>dpad
movement
>analogue stick
more precise movement
>motion controls
even more precise movement at the expense of having to get out of your comfort zone
>>
>>335104767
That arcade you seem to mention didn't have you focus on two screens and not having to do other stupid shit that requires that much of your attention. I don't know what kind of imaginative Arcade you had in your city.
>>
>>335104168
Yeah, but not on the scale of motion controls.
>>
>>335105129
That's the problem....It's just the cockpit view at a certain part of the screen. Nothing else where your require to pay attention to your surrounding.

I don't get why some of you are defending this from hell and back for people just say they'd rather play normally than using Motion Controls, no one should be forced to adapt to a different control scheme from one that's already comfortable and works prefectly.
>>
>>335101779
>>335104767
Are you the same manbaby from the other thread?
>disliking motion controls makes you a child
>hating Star Fox Zero makes you an edgy teen

Are all Nintenbabbies this retarded?
>>
>>335105709
That is bias at work my Friday brother
>>
>>335105590
So why do you need to look at the cockpit view and the 3rd person view at the same time? I'm having trouble understanding
>>
>>335105709
You should try time crisis
>>
>>335105510
What do you mean? You just tilt the gamepad
>>
>>335106686
You don't have to keep looking at another screen to shoot in Time Crisis.
>>
>>335106924
Sounds similar to SFZ. They put fire on right trigger
>>
>>335099123
It deserves lower to be quite honest.

It is unacceptable in this day and age to release a game that can be beaten in 3 hours or less, and charge 50+ dollars for it. That is highway fucking robbery right there.
>>
>>335099123

I think GB realizes that that the game failed to appeal to two potential kinds of audiences.

it fails to have the substance that a core rail shooting fan would enjoy and it failed to have the feature set that the modern casual can latch on to.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.