[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Despite being universally praised as one of the best isometric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Fallout2front.jpg (258 KB, 800x832) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258 KB, 800x832
Despite being universally praised as one of the best isometric RPGs of the golden 90s, I can't force myself to get into it. I've replayed the beginning 1-2 hours probably 20 times and I always land up leaving it.

Am I shit, or is the game shit?

If you are not honest with me /v/ I'm going to kick your fucking ass.
>>
You are shit.
>>
>>335098258
Sounds like it's just not for you. Not every game has to be to your taste.
>>
>>335098336
Now that that's established, please go into detail why I am shit.
>>
>>335098530
First we must know more about you.
Why did you leave. What games catch your interest.
>>
>>335098530
Pretty much what >>335098336 said.
You clearly aren't enjoying the game.
It just isn't for you, and you aren't enjoying it. Therefore, you're shit at the game because you aren't having fun.
>>
Maybe you should try not replaying the beginning 20 times? Any game would get boring if you just keep playing the tutorial
>>
>>335098336
This. OP is definitely shit.
>>
>>335098258
Did you play the first one? I don't know if it matters, but as a kid i got really hooked on the first one, but not as much the second one
>>
As much as I love Fallout 2, it had a shit ton of problems.
>>
The gameplay is total shit and archaic. It's not you, OP.
>>
>>335098820
Meant to reference >>335098489 not >>335098336
>>
>>335098927
>archaic
Buzzword used by casuals who hate depth and gameplay mechanics. Just another way fo saying "It's too hard and I'm too dumb to figure it out"
>>
>>335098258
I don't know about 2, but it took me a while to get into the first one,especially since my first fallout was 3. What *clicked* with me was that I had to really use my imagination when it came to my character and how I interacted with enemies. I think it's a fun game, but it takes a different mindset if you're not used to old school RPGs or table top games.
>>
>>335098258

Fallout 1 is my favourite game of all time, but I just couldn't get into Fallout 2. Any time I tried to immerse myself, I'd get another pop culture reference or infantile joke that would suck me out of it. Not to mention, so many of the locations feel like they don't even belong in the same game.

New Reno pretty much sums up everything I dislike about the game, and it's probably its #1 centrepoint location. That's what Fallout 2 is to me.
>>
Why the fuck does the grid only have 6 sides? If you try to go straight up or down you spazz the fuck out.
>>
File: scr00057.gif (449 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
scr00057.gif
449 KB, 1280x720
>>335098336
First reply best reply
>>
>>335098781
Probably the difficulty which is on Rough for Combat & Hard for gameplay. Lost a few times during the temple unarmed combat test.

I'm playing a melee tribal oriented character and am currently bashing rats in trappers town which seems to be going more smoothly than trying to take on geckos.
>>
>>335101968
try turning the difficulty down maybe
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.