[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Sega is officially supporting ROM hacks on Steam Workshop.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: ws.png (36 KB, 607x222) Image search: [Google]
ws.png
36 KB, 607x222
So Sega is officially supporting ROM hacks on Steam Workshop.
This is good news actually
>>
Take this to /vr/ if you want discussion, not this shithole.
>>
File: Diamond.png (546 KB, 511x600) Image search: [Google]
Diamond.png
546 KB, 511x600
>>
>>335081012
/vr/ was even worse the last time I checked, which is quite a feat
>>
>>335081149
>to man
>not "the man"
Shit pic. I don't even care that it's old.
>>
File: 509px-4chan_neutronium_account.png (482 KB, 509x599) Image search: [Google]
509px-4chan_neutronium_account.png
482 KB, 509x599
>>
I'll stick to playing this on my everdrive
>>
File: better call hoppe.png (199 KB, 479x240) Image search: [Google]
better call hoppe.png
199 KB, 479x240
>>335081415
what?
>>
>>335080653
That's pretty neat. Do they offer official tools or expect you to get them online?
>>
File: yos.png (35 KB, 161x162) Image search: [Google]
yos.png
35 KB, 161x162
That's incredible news even if it's still more logical to get it for free. This helps popularize the hacking scene by making it more convenient for other people so we all get more of it.

This could help other companies take notice of it and do it as well.
>>
File: 1451174903218.jpg (22 KB, 187x299) Image search: [Google]
1451174903218.jpg
22 KB, 187x299
>>335082035
>following sega's business practices
>>
Why is this good news?
>>
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

SEGA WINS AGAIN
>>
Meanwile nintendo cracks down and removes speedrunning and rom hack videos from youtube.
Sega does what Nintendon't
>>
>>335081650
That would be fucking genius on Sega's end actually to offer their own hacking tools. All they have to do is offer tools that are easier to create content in than what the community has made to give people a reason to buy them.

It would be like having a Photoshop instead of having a Paint.net for hacking.
>>
>>335082510

I just realized this could very well be sega's answer to mario maker. If they do it right they've got a hell of a thing set up for them
>>
>>335082510
>creating hacking tools for 3 games out of 20.
>>
I'm not even surprised. The Genesis is one of those consoles where people don't even bother making patches for their romhacks, because Sega doesn't give a shit.
>>
File: 4chan_Weegee_account.png (553 KB, 507x599) Image search: [Google]
4chan_Weegee_account.png
553 KB, 507x599
>>
>>335082903
They can add support for multiple games over time. Really though I doubt they give enough of a fuck to go through all the trouble to make their own tools.

Easiest way they could do it is by hiring people off from the community to work alongside their own guys but I doubt they trust them with it.
>>
>>335083760
>Easiest way they could do it is by hiring people off from the community to work alongside their own guys but I doubt they trust them with it.

wasn't the sonic CD port from a few years ago made by a well known romhacker
>>
>inb4 they put shit like Flappy Bird clones and Meme Run
>>
>>335080653
huh
so, do you just grab the Sonic 2 split disassembly and a copy of SonED 2 and get cracking or what

>>335081491
this is more fun that it has any right to be with a buddy
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.