[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
notched whip or whip? ds3 btw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: notched_whip.png (23 KB, 241x282) Image search: [Google]
notched_whip.png
23 KB, 241x282
notched whip or whip?
ds3 btw
>>
Dark sword.
Best weapon in the game right now.
>>
estoc :v)
>>
>>335077065
+1

What infusion do you have on yours?
>>
>>335077065
God I can't wait for a nerf. The tears of all the faggots crying about it will be delicious.
>>
>>335077263
Heavy. I wanted to use heavy weapons so I built for str, but then I got tired of the greataxe, so I went with the best sword I could buff
>>
>>335077065
Astora straight sword is better
>>
>>335077492
They will just move onto the next meme weapon. You don't understand how this works annon.
>>
>>335076994
Whip is better cus higher scaling
>>
>>335076994
Witch locks.
>>
>>335077263
Heavy, Lightning, or Crystal.
Depends on if you are going Strength Int or Faith build.
>>
>>335077492
That will have to wait until they fix Poise, Miracles, and Sorceries. Because those three things are entirely broken right now. They don't work at all.
>>
>>335077585
Dark Sword has better stun and DEF stats and doesn't require a useless faith stat.
>>
>>335078396
Unless you want it too. In which it gets S scaling in Faith for turning it into a Lightning Weapon.
>>
>>335078175
What's wrong with sorceries?
>>
>>335079831
Sorceries and Miracles need rings and above 60 in their specific stat to be doing ridiculous damage.
>>
>>335076994
Shut up Belmont
>>
>>335076994
Notched if it's your primary weapon or you use another bleed weapon with it.

Regular if it's a backup and you won't be able to apply bleed in any other way.

Not much point using spotted because poison is shit in DS3.
>>
>>335080024
Or any damage at all really.
I don't believe your Stats matter in the damage of the spells anymore. Only the rank of the spell itself.

Besides. Pyromancies are broken to all fucking hell. 4 rings that greatly boost their damages and it is the only spells that scale with the stats and reinforcement of the required item in need to use them. Pyromancy flame.
>>
>>335079831

people are mad that sorceries are balanced this time around.

no more getting one shot by a mage that casted homing crystal soul mass (or similar cast and forget ball spells) and then rolled around you to get it to fire.

and people have yet to realize that pyromancy scales best for magic classes..
>>
>>335080217
>poison is shit in DS3
after how fun it was to use in DS2, say it isn't so. Is it because it scales of luck?
>>
>>335080547
By balanced you mean pointless.
You can't be a mage in this game. You will just fucking die since you deal no damage. At a quarter of the speed it would take you to fire off one spell a person using a one handed sword would out damage your spell by at least 4x the damage.

There is no fucking point using Sorceries unless it is to enhance your weapons.

That is not balanced. That's broken.
>>
>>335080719

It's like DS1/DeS Poison. A very slow, steady damage over time. Someone could easily continue a fight while poisoned.
>>
>>335081184
A shame there's no toxic version of the whip
>>
>>335080719
Applying it isn't the problem. It lasts for a lot longer too but the poison damage itself ticks slowly and by smaller amounts. It's good for putting pressure onto someone but quick kills are what wins in DS3 right now and bleed is much better at that.

It might catch some shitters out during duels if they forget to bring enough status items though.
>>
>>335080926
Maybe it's purposefully harder?
>>
>>335081613
But how about stacking conditions?
>>
Backstab should be instant poison, what is this shit with poison weapons? I applied it to the first katana you get and it doesn't poison shit
>>
>>335081737
Doubt it. Pyromancies are far stronger than they have ever been. with the 2 rings solely dedicated to boosting the pryo spells and the Fire and Dark rings to help boost which ever pyromancy path you take.

Also reinforcing the pyromancy flame boosts the damage of Pyromancy spells considerably along with int and Faith scaling. Though nearly nothing is weak to fire except other people.

So Pyromancy is purely for PVP now.

While Sorceries and Miracles are for Putting lighting/blessed/magic/crystal/dark on a weapon instead of casting any the spells that only do increased damage based on what version of the spell is rather than how reinforced the charm or your stats are.

Did I mention Poise is broken too and is only noticeable during the later half of a two handed heavy weapon attack and never on anything else?

Because being a immovable walk of a tank is not viable anymore either.
>>
>>335076994
Is that Waluigi's Whip?...
>>
>>335082225
As a gimmick build? Sounds hard to do against a competent player and the difficulty in punishing estus chugging may reduce it's effectiveness outside of fight clubs.

Applying frostbite would probably make it easier to apply the usual poison/toxic combo, I think you just need to find someone playing defensive enough for it to work.
>>
>>335083048
>the Fire and Dark rings
Which rings are they?
>>
>>335083395
Fire and Dark Clutch rings.
They knock your defenses down considerable but boost either Fire or Dark receptively.
>>
>>335083630
Right, god I completely forgot about those.
>>
>>335083395
With the Fire/dark and Pyro rings you boost your pyromancy damage by a cool 47%.
>>
>>335080926
Yeah dmg is lacking. I've mostly just been using my magic for support.
I've found Spook to be a great spell for PvE, you can jump all over the place without taking fall damage and you can run right up to enemies without triggering them no matter what your armor weight is.
>>
How viable are rapiers? I wanted to do a thrusting sword run in DaS2 but I gave up when I got to smelter demon because I was doing no damage
Is it better in 3?
>>
>>335084736
Does spook allow you to run through water?

I miss the ring that allowed you to do that in previous games.
>>
>>335084768
Rapiers are pretty awesome as they also get a cool "stance" ability that really makes you feel like a swashbuckling swordsman.
>>
>>335084768
>How viable are rapiers?
Very. Poise is low on many enemies and thrust is generally good. Buff that with bleed and you destroy bosses that are not immune to it.

Regular rapier is good but Estoc or the other rapiers with higher range are even better for PvP.
>>
>>335084968
I've never tried it, but I doubt it. Got slog through the mud like everyone else or drop your weight below 30% and speed roll around.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
What should I infuse my cestus? Fire or Dark?
I just learned it can parry when in the off hand so I'm doing a sword and fist build.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.