[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The series has gone down hill ever since they brought on Twilight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: LOZTP-Share_icon.jpg (81 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
LOZTP-Share_icon.jpg
81 KB, 1200x630
The series has gone down hill ever since they brought on Twilight Princess.
>>
The series has gone downhill slowly but surely since its inception. The NES Zelda games are better than the SNES and Gameboy Zeldas, which in turn are better than the N64 Zeldas, etc.
>>
>>335074331
>game focuses on dungeons in a series about dungeons
>"OMG IT'S THE DECLINE OF ZELDA FUCK AONUMA NINTENDO IS DOOMED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

If you had posted an image of Shitward Sword, I might have seen your point.
>>
>>335074331

>5 games since
>only one was bad
>>
Where's the screencap of the Miyamoto post.
>>
>>335075601
Don't be so hard on a link between worlds, anon
>>
>>335075104
You are unironically being your greentext, just for a different game
>>
File: alttp pyramid.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
alttp pyramid.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
Give it to me straight, /v/.
Is Twilight Princess worth playing?

I loved the first one, ALttP, OoT and MM. I played WW for a bit at a friend's house.
>>
File: 1379983158223.jpg (8 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
1379983158223.jpg
8 KB, 266x190
Reminder:
There are people who think ALBW is the best Zelda game ever just because said people were starved of good Zelda games. The game is mediocre because
>shitty rental system
>easy dungeons due to said renting
>reused overworld
>no memorable characters
>all in all, a shameless cash-in
Only good thing about it is how fluid the controls are.
>>
>>335079003
Yes.

It's got the best dungeons in the series.
>>
>>335074331
That's not Majora's Mask
>>
>>335079003
It's not nearly as bad as Wind Waker and not nearly as good as its other predecessors. Passable but skippable.

Though I don't see any Link's Awakening or Oracles on your list. Get on that first if you haven't.
>>
>>335074331
>The series has gone down hill with everything released after Twilight Princess.

Fixed.

Twilight Princess was the peak of Zelda game.
>>
File: 1351821497847.gif (2 MB, 139x215) Image search: [Google]
1351821497847.gif
2 MB, 139x215
>decided to replay OoT and pick master quest this time
>thought it was just a difficulty increase with mirrored world
>MFW 2 minutes into the first dungeon
>>
>>335080415
No, Nintendo destroyed the series just so they could shill their Twilight Princess shit.
>>
>>335080415

skyward sword is better than twilight princess though
>>
>>335080671
That's just outright wrong though.
>>
>>335080443
>top zozzle
>>
>>335079859

Can confirm. Just be warned that the pacing can be pretty awful although not as bad as squidward sword
>>
>>335079003
Yeah it's my favourite Zelda.
>>
Years ago as a kid, I got stuck in Link to the Past at the part where you get a mirror to the dark world and could never find how to change back from bunny form. Just how close was I to the end of the game if at all? Was thinking of getting it for my N3DS XL.
>>
>>335079432
>>reused overworld
felt like a positive to me.
>>
>>335081482
How? You know where almost everything is.
>>
>>335080671
the zelda cycle is real
>>
>>335079432
Yeah I actually kinda liked ALBW in the end but god fucking damn that retarded rental system nearly ruined it for me. Which idiot thought it was a good idea to remove any and all mystery from the world by giving you all the key items right at the start? Holy fucking christ.

Too many of my favorite series have been turned to shit by stupid shit like that.
>>
>>335080671
How about both of them are good. If at least you take the GC version of TP, being on the platform it was made for from the start.
>>
>>335081419
You were like, 1/4 of the way through
>>
>>335081831
>You know
Me, yes. 90% of the gamers? no. Most of these weren't born in the SNES era.
>>
>>335074331
I have really bad opinions over LoZ. For example: I loved Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap and Twilight Princess.

The rest were pretty average, in my opinion.
>>
>>335084406
With that logic, you make it seem like it would be okay if Zelda U just reused TP's overworld or, hell, even OoT's.
>>
>>335085250
I wouldn't mind that. Sure the game's are split between 3 timelines, but there's gotta be some familiarity as it's still Hyrule.
>>
>>335074681
No. The NES games are superior to the SNES era games and offer more substantial challenge, but the 64 games and the intimately constructed worlds they offer blow everything else out of the water.

WW was the real point when the series faltered and became content to shove stupid shit into everything, after that the good qualities it had just left.

Power transformers are now apparently street signs.
>>
Twilight Princess was such boring and forgettable experience that I never want to play another modern Zelda game. Instead, I went and played all the gameboy ones. They were great. I have no interest in modern Zelda.
>>
>>335079003
>Is Twilight Princess worth playing?
>I loved the first one, ALttP, OoT and MM

Absolutely not. It offers nothing whatsoever that these games didn't achieve far better. Only play it if you really want to play through a bunch more dungeons for their own sake, you won't find the deep exploration the other games offer though. Even then only the HD remake is worthwhile.
>>
>>335083645
>Which idiot thought it was a good idea to remove any and all mystery from the world by giving you all the key items right at the start? Holy fucking christ.

Whoever didn't understand why players loved the open ended nature of the earlier games.
>>
>>335082790
>>335080769

I don't get how you can say this. TP was always so bland that the actual problems that SS fixed make it more enjoyable. The structure of both is horrible, but SS at least had some imagination regarding the use of items.
>>
>>335085439
They can expand upon the emptiness of TP and make the world more detailed, full of life and have more caves/villages. Why would you be okay with them just copy/pasting the overworld from an older game into the new?
>>
>>335080231
You thought it wasn't nearly as good as OoT, despite the fact that it objectively offers more content?

You're a fucking faggot. Also LA is overrated garbage.
>>
>>335086552
>despite the fact that it objectively offers more content?

How? Even going by collection quest numbers, the game has less to find. Outside of that, it lacks substantial side quests that aren't basically handed to you. All of the extra content is shoehorned into the main quest instead.
>>
>>335085775
>The NES games are superior to the SNES era games
No, they are not.
>>
>>335086970
I can understand why you think that, but I really enjoyed the freedom and reasonable challenge the NES games offered much more than anything LttP or LA did.
>>
>>335086878
TP has about the same amount of side content as OoT (which isn't much) but its dungeons and combat are multitudes better. It's just an overall better game.
>>
File: 89745654643.png (50 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
89745654643.png
50 KB, 185x185
>>335086552
>LA is overrated garbage
>>
>>335074681
This, but the series dropped in quality hard when they pushed 3D graphics.
>>
File: edgelord.jpg (87 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
edgelord.jpg
87 KB, 900x948
>>335086552
>Also LA is overrated garbage.
edgy
>>
>>335087406
>TP has about the same amount of side content as OoT (which isn't much)

OoT has so much more substance to its sidequests. In TP, everything is either completely obvious, or otherwise obscure in such a way that you have to pretty much stumble on things like any remaining poes that you haven't already found. OoT is clever at leaving just enough breadcrumbs for you to work on narrowing down figuring stuff out, but without giving away the actual solutions to everything. The result is a game that's much more interesting to explore freely.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.