[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Continue from where Wrath ends and create a better expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: NA_WOW_LOGO_tgbgzw.png (468 KB, 800x326) Image search: [Google]
NA_WOW_LOGO_tgbgzw.png
468 KB, 800x326
ITT: Continue from where Wrath ends and create a better expansion than Cataclysm.

I'll start with an overview of my idea.
>World of Warcraft: The South Seas
>No immediate threat after The Lich King's fall
>Alliance and Horde are looking to expand, look to the oceans of Azeroth
>No new continent, new zones are islands in the oceans of Azeroth
>Island zones will always be in proximity of one another aside from Kul Tiras which is added to the old world
>Flying is a yes, at 85

New zones
>Kul Tiras, Alliance starting zone
>Zandalar is split into 2 zones, the forest/jungle zone, which is also the horde starting zone, and the snowy peak/deserts at the foot of the mountain zone
>Kezan, home of the neutral capitol
>A new island with Titan shit on it
>The lost isles from the NE Frozen Throne campaign
>A turtle island featuring Pandaren that moves around the cluster of islands it is in (Yes I took this 1:1 from Pandaland)
>An island with a pirate fortress on it
>Opening of water in the center that will function as a naval battle wintergrasp
>Lots of things happening in the waters between the zones
>Last patch has Azshara lifting an island out of the ocean to stage an invasion, acts like Quel Danas
>Zone variety means great variety for dungeons and raids

New Race: Goblins, works like Pandaren do in retail, pick a side at the end of the starting zone.
>>
>>335072869
>Continue from where Wrath ends

First we need to fix wrath senpai
>>
New Features: Race-Factions, Unstable World.

Race faction
>Every race now selects a faction when you create your character, existing characters will be prompted upon logging in
>For example Dwarves would pick between Ironforge, Wildhammer, Dark Iron, etc
>Tauren would pick Bloodhoof, Grimtotem, Taunka, etc
>Faction leaders are making large attempts to try and bring new allies into their factions, meaning more options that wouldn't previously had made sense lore wise, like Forest Trolls for Trolls, Dark Iron for Dwarves
>Some factions change your appearance, like the Taunka, Dark Iron Dwarves, most drastic probably being the Broken (use existing model, females and males look the same anyway.)
>Unique quest chains and modification to the starting zone
>For example, the dwarves would be fighting over which clan takes Magni's place
>Vol'jin becomes Warchief because Thrall dies in the horde starting zone, and the orc clans are all trying to take back power
>Tauren have Grimtotem fuckery
>Draenei/Broken have some sort of racism thing
>Goblins are competing cartels
>Each race-faction has one or two regular and epic mounts that specific group can use as a racial mount
>Taunka would have wooly kodo for example
>Mounts of other race-factions can be acquired in the other feature

I know Race-Factions sounds dumb, I need a better name for it.
>>
Unstable world
>Towns and cities of the Alliance and Horde are now susceptible to attack
>Lesser races raiding, pvp attacks, demons, Naga, Pirates, etc attack the town
>Smaller forces for say, an outpost in desolace, full scale invasion forces for big cities
>Everything scales, if you are capped and go defend Razor Hill, your will deal and receive an appropriate amount of damage
>Similarly, if you are level 10 and playing for the first time you can still defend the capitol from a pirate raid
>You can lose, if you do for 2 hours the NPCs of an outpost will be displaced to a near enough safe location, however you will not be able to fly to that town (flyover will not be effected)
>Capitol cities on the other hand are raised and need to be taken back, boss level mob will be seated on the leaders throne
>2 capitols per ally and horde will always be left unharmed
>Dalaran and Kezan can be raised but Shatt will be fine
>Rewards for successful defense or taking back a city will include zone appropriate gear (capitols will give you gear appropriate to your level) on par with dungeon gear, gold, and a currency that can be used to buy the various race-faction mounts, and other neat shit

There will also be quest chains in the world where you try to be a diplomat with independent groups.

Oh and this expansion does away with LFD.
>>
>>335072869
Can I do Cata but actually good and then a different one? I think covering Deathwing and the black dragonflight storyline, as well as the Twilight Cult was a really good point to go to next.

I even think the idea of revamping old world and it's questing is good, but I'd rather make the zones just better and bigger - like instead of just those boring mountains they added where the textures change from one zones to a next, build new content and additions to the world. Like the empty space past Deadmines is now a giant murloc settlement, etc, just expands the zones and progress some of their plotlines but still have plotlines instead of "LOL THIS ZONE IS A CSI PARODY, LOL THIS ZONE IS LOST VIKINGS MEMES" etc.

And still have Worgen and Goblin, but make Gilneas and end-game and world PvP zone instead of a ghost town.

Probably wouldn't do Vashir though, as much as I love the zone, it's very out of place in the game and highlights how bad WoW's combat is by moving it to a 3D space. It also doesn't feel like an underwater zone due to WoW's lighting and world design, feels like you're just flying around.
>>
>>335073463
You do you man

I also thought about an idea of a secondary profession in sailing, and having the wind be traveling in a certain direction at the islands, but I can't think of anyway to have it matter or really engage you in any way.

Anyway on to story stuff.
>Starts off heavily Alliance vs Horde
>Leaders trying to court more people into their group
>Many goblins, including your player join up in search of adventure and profit
>Thrall gets killed in the first zone, Vol'jin takes over
>Vol'jin wants to try and bring the Troll tribes into the horde
>His want to reunite his people ends up being a weakness and the troll tribes take advantage of him several times
>This sows the discontent
>Doesn't end up getting any tribes to join the Horde, but does manage to get discontent trolls from every tribe to rebel and escape

>Variann is trying to court Kul Tiras and the High Elves
>Succeeds in bringing Kul Tiras back into the Alliance
>It's revealed at the end that the Blood Elves have been in contact with the High Elves, and now that they are free from their mana addiction again their straight, high elves stay neutral or join the Blood Elves

>First raid is Alliance vs Horde focused, could be in Ironforge based around the political instability
>Have a Gruul sized raid called Gazlowe's workshop where one or two creations have gone amok thanks to troll meddling (So says Gazlowe anyway)
>Lots of other options, Panda, Night Elf
>End patch has Azshara raising an island out of the sea in order to begin preparation for a full scale invasion of azeroth
>Raid is about preventing Azshara from coming to the surface
>Zone she raises has lots of lore on Elves becoming Trolls
>Features a new half Elf half Troll race
>>
>>335072869
What if my idea is REALLY REALLY dumb and only leads up into another really really dumb expansion?
>>
I've never played Wow before, is it still worth getting into now?
Is it low spec friendly? Only got a shitty HP Notebook Pavillion so I was looking for an MMO to play.
>>
>>335075301
Don't dude. You're going to get discouraged as soon as you start dungeoning. People in full heirlooms will shit out damage, and will get pissed if you can't keep up with them. The community has been fucking gutted from wow. MMO's as a whole are really starting to die.
>>
>>335075753

Ah that's a shame. I just play MMOs with my little bro and we just dick around usually. Been looking for something new to get into. Sad, MMOs are pretty shit nowadays. People have already said Tree of Saviour is shit but I'm just wanting to scratch that itch old Maplestory left
>>
File: Emeralddream.jpg (48 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
Emeralddream.jpg
48 KB, 600x379
>>335072869
THE EMERALD DREAM
>>
>>335076083
I know I'm gonna sound like a shill here. But I gave ff14 a try on the trial. Community isn't so bad. So long as you avoid the strange people. a lot of people are pretty chill and helpful.
It's not for everyone though. I know nothing about Final Fantasy and I still had a bit of fun.
>>
>>335072869
please move on

stop talking about wow

find another board that gives a shit

just

fucking

leave
>>
>>335076753
FUCKING UNDERSTAND WOW IS FACEBOOK GAME NOW FF14 IS ALTEAST A FUCKING MMORPG NOT A FUCKING FACEBOOK GAME YOU PAY 60 DOLLARS FOR BASE GAME WITH 15 DOLLAR SUBS.
>>
>>335076753

You don't sound like a shill at all, sad you had to preface your post with that.
Unfortunately I can't run that even on the lowest settings, laptop just shits itself.
I'd get a desktop but I travel quite a bit.
>>
>>335076828
>please stop talking about video games on a video game board
>>
>>335076873
Whoa man chill

>>335076881
I unfortunately have to preface posts concerning ff14 with that otherwise I get 20+ replies being called a shill.

I can sympathize with you on the difficulty to run. I'm playing it on absolute lowest settings and still only getting about 20fps. The fact you can't turn all shadows off, and only certain ones is a real shame.
>>
>>335074310
>Zone she raises has lots of lore on Elves becoming Trolls
>Features a new half Elf half Troll race
I just went and checked Wowpedia, I dont know where I got the idea that Trolls were devolved Elves from, oh well. just scrap that part, throw in some other pre-shattering lore
>>
>>335072956
Remove LFD and flying mounts. Fixed.
>>
make ulduar the template for raid design.
why did blizzard make ulduar with hard modes, and then go with normal/heroic/mythic mode for every raid after that?
>>
>>335076083
I just got into Guild Wars 2 now that it's free to play, you might want to check it out, I'm having fun. FF14 is also pretty fun but requires a monthly subscription.
>>
>>335081374
>Gw2
i bought the game when it came out, played it later when i needed my mmo fix. its fun for exactly, one play through. pvp was the only enjoyable thing.
>>
>>335082857
Same, bought it at release, played it for a few months and then quit. Came back during christmas and having alot of fun with the new expansion, the revenant class is a blast.
>>
>>335072869
Fuck that. I'd start from the very fucking beginning. Posting to keep this thread up while I type out a very fucking condensed version.
>>
>>335075301
Wait for Legion
>>
>>335085751
WoW 2
-Sargeras destroyed Azeroth and the Bronze Dragonflight + Medivh has sent the players back in order to fix shit.
-WoW 2 starts a year before WoW started in the timeline.

Playable Races - (A) Human, Dwarf, High Elf -(H) Orc, Troll, Tauren
Classes - Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Shaman

Raids - 1.1 Blackrock Spire, 1.2 Molten Core, 1.2 Zul'Gurub, 1.3 Scholomance

WoW2 - Emerald Dream
New Class - Druid
New Races - (A)Night Elf, (H)Ogre

Raids - 2.1 Emerald Nightmare, 2.2 Ahn'Qiraj

WoW2- The Dark Portal
New Class - Warlock
New Races - (N) Broken, Blood Elf, Naga

Raids - 3.1 Hellfire Citadel, 3.2 Serpentshrine Cavern, 3.3 Tempest Keep, 3.4 The Black Temple

WoW2- Northrend
New Classes - Death Knight, Paladin
New Races - (N) Forsaken, Tuskarr

Raids- 4.1 Dalaran, 4.2 Naxxramas, 4.3 Ulduar, 4.4 Icecrown Citadel

WoW2- Pandaria
New Class - Monk
New Race - (N) Pandaren, Goblin

Raids- 5.1 Mogushan Vaults, 5.2 Heart of the Sha

I have more, but I'm running out of room.
>>
I've always wanted Kul'Tiras to be closer to Gathithos's human supremacy ideology than Stormwind and Varians open minded, for the Alliance of various races and ideologies.

Mind you, not as stupid as Garithos would become before Sylvanas killed him, but just a rival to Stormwind's humans.

Oh, better yet: Kul'Tiras being courted by the Alliance to formerly returning after nearly 20 years only to come into conflict with the Worgen, Draenei, Panderens, and Nelves.
>>
>>335072869
>>335072975
>>335073080
>>335074310

Can't you do all this shit with private servers? at least, on paper?

One of the things I loved the most back when I started playing MMO on UO private servers was how every server was so fucking different from the next. Loved it so much I started learning how to script them, and found my way into the volunteer staff of one of them.

I'm not really keen on the WoW private server scene, but most of them I checked seem to cash in on "muh nostalgia" and trying to replicate everything 1:1 as best as they can. I get this is a software problem? as in, you don't really have as much flexibility when setting up one of the servers.

But now that I think about it, most private servers from other games are the same, they all replicate, none innovate, and I'm not really sure it's always a software issue.

Damn, I miss UO.
>>
>>335086731
Few things to note. In my version, Draenei aren't the same Draenei we have now. They're more like their Warcraft 3 version. Pretty draenei don't exist.

Also in my version, Druid, Death Knight, and Paladin are hero classes and don't start at level 1.

Finally, the expansions with few raids don't actually raise the level cap, they just introduce a bunch of new content. So Emerald Dream and Pandaria expansions wouldn't raise the cap, they'd just unlock some new areas, new races, new classes, and have more difficult raids.
>>
>>335087358
But space goats are the best race :(

So they'd basically just be the Sargarei, like TBC or Draenor?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.