[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who have never pirated a game... why haven't you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: sony_e3_presentation.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
sony_e3_presentation.gif
3 MB, 480x270
People who have never pirated a game... why haven't you?
>>
Only reason is because they're too stupid to know how.
>>
>>335069980
Because if I don't care about a game enough to pay for it, I don't care about it enough to bother playing it in the first place.
>>
>>335069980
They're children afraid of accidentally getting 50 different types of malware and ruining mummy's laptop.

Why pay for something as trivial as videogames when you can get them for free?
>>
>People who have never pirated a game

ie: nobody.

Maybe not everyone torrents, but that's not the only form of piracy
>>
Don't know how to
>>
>>335069980
I've only pirated EA games because fuck EA.
>>
>>335069980
Does Sam Jackson like vidya or did they get him to do TGA because of the Tarantino memes?
>>
Because I like video games and want to support those that make games I like
>>
Don't know anyone to invite me to a decent torrent site I guess, it's almost more trouble than just paying for the thing

Plus I don't play that many of the new release $60 games anyway, and those are the ones I would be pirating
>>
because I want people to keep making games.
when games don't sell well, they stop making those kinds of games.
>>
show me ONE videogame that sold so poorly that the studio who made it had to shut down even though the game was massively pirated
>>
I'm not a thief.
>>
I don't understand how to ectract or fucking "mount up" or w/e they say. And what the fuck is an iso?
>>
I have never even downloaded a game before in my life, let alone pirated.
>>
>>335069980
I used to pirate all my games.
Then I bought like 12 thinking, "I can spend the money because of all the money I saved pirating!"
>>
my friends that don't pirate, don't because they aren't really sure how to do it safely
>>
>>335069980
fk'u i have money...
>>
>>335070786
you can't possibly like every game you buy, right? There must be games out there you have wanted to try but aren't sure you will enjoy. Imagine paying $30 for a game like starbound, for instance.
>>
My backlog of games I've bought over the years is too large.

I could probably never buy a game again and have years of entertainment.
>>
Poor people. Disgusting.
>>
>>335069980
because im not a thieving nigger
>>
>>335073843
How do you save money by spending money, anon?
>>
i dont know how to fucking do it thats why i wanna pirate doom 3
>>
My parents gave a shit about me and taught me that stealing is wrong.
>>
>>335074267
What
>>
You wouldn't download a car
>>
File: intensedarksouls3.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
intensedarksouls3.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>335074480
ye
>>
>>335070504
>Why pay for something as trivial as videogames when you can get them for free?
This me. Sorry /v/ I play for amusment. Nothing happens if don't get to play a game. Nothing happens when the industry collapses.
>>
Protip:
If you've ever downloaded abandonware, you are a pirate.
If you've ever downloaded a rom or emulated, you are a pirate.
If you've ever coppied a floppy, you are a pirate.
If you ever used a friends game and installed on your computer and then continued to play it after you returned it, you are a pirate.

Someone who's never pirated a game is a statistical anomoly
>>
>>335070870
But A (or AA) games are better. And for that to happen the AAA industry has to die. A (and maybe AA) games are made by entushiast. And for them money is not the main motivaitor.
>>
>>335076414
>And for them money is not the main motivaitor.
This is completely false, but for them making money involves appealing to the enthusiast market and genre-specific niche crowd rather than AAA games that try to get mass appeal and end up shallow and casualized in the process.

They still want to make money, the difference is in how they go about it.
>>
>>335076598
I pretty sure that even if nobody ever bought a singel game again there would still new games developed. And I would still have games to play.
>>
>>335076965
Sure but that wouldn't be an industry, it'd be hobbyists with unrelated day jobs, like with the modding and ROM hacking communities.
>>
>>335077345
Free games for me anyway.
>Why pay for something as trivial as videogames when you can get them for free?
>>
>>335069980
Never had a need to?Never saw the point.
>>
I pirate everything thats piratable, games, movies, shows, books, software, anything. Like, why not? Money can be spent on recreational drugs, alcohol, food, and other tangiable things
>>
>>335077972
>Never had a need to?Never saw the point.
Wut? Saving up to 60$ a game. Either play few games a year or just stupid. 60$ buy's you a dinner. Or something for your hobby. Or some drugs. Or booze. Or save up and buy a goldem toilet. You know, something that matters.
>>
cause they're not kewl enough to be pirates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcaiv-qs7gI
>>
>>335078691
>Saving up
>60$ Is alot for me so it must be alot for everyone.
Listen autist its my money i'll spend it however I wish.
>>
>>335074306
So did it mine. Then I realized I am not a cuck and there is nothing wrong with stealing.
>>
>>335079398
>60$ a game
That's like 600$ a month if we count all the shitty ones I don't even finish.
>>
>>335069980
I actually do my research when purchasing digital media.
>>
>>335070703
Both
He also likes money
>>
>>335072103
Apparently Ace Attorney started going digital only or not having some games translated because they couldn't justify making physical copies or translating non-Phoenix games because of pirating.
>>
>>335076256
>If you've ever coppied a floppy, you are a pirate.
>tfw floppy disks went out of style
>>
>>335079645
Did ask for your blog about your shit tier life? No. I don't waste my money on games I don't want to play.
>>
>>335069980
Because nowadays it's more convenient just to by a game
>>
Too lazy.
>>
File: images(119).jpg (7 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
images(119).jpg
7 KB, 264x191
>>335080112
But how do you know they suck?
>/v/
>critics
>commercials
Still sucks, now what?
>>
File: 1449155828145.jpg (66 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1449155828145.jpg
66 KB, 380x380
>>335080103
>mfw I saw first computer without floppy drive.
>>
>>335080703
My own opinion dumbass. You can't be this pathetic where you can't form your own thoughts?
>>
File: 1457554320718.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1457554320718.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>335081086
Of course I can. After playing the game.
>>
>>335070703
Samuel L Jackson will take literally any gig that fits into his schedule
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.