[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: MMOs only you've played.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: LotRO_604x423.jpg (95 KB, 604x423) Image search: [Google]
LotRO_604x423.jpg
95 KB, 604x423
ITT: MMOs only you've played.
>>
ESO
>>
>games only you raided in

rift
>>
>>335063946
nigga please, lotro was pretty popular at one point.
played in the beta and for something like 4-5 years when it was f2p
>>
>>335063946
You are a joke, rite?

But seriously, one of the best MMO communities I've ever encountered.
>>
>>335064542
it sure was, too bad the whole game went to shit. mines of moria was a good expansion but everyone after that was a little bit worse, except Riders of Rohan which was a complete embarassement.
also codemasters was so shit compared to turbine
>>
>>335064750
>mines of moria
I didn't really play it, since by that time I became allergic to MMORPG and Fantasy in the same game.
>>
File: 1456688030137.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1456688030137.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
>>335064046
>tfw
>>
File: tips fedora.gif (3 MB, 350x295) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.gif
3 MB, 350x295
Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE
>>
>>335064046
I was thinking about buying it to explore Tamriel and shit. Probably popular enough yeah?
>>
>>335064046
Best mmo i've played
>>
>>335064046
How was it?
>>
File: latest[1].png (528 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
528 KB, 1280x1024
lol I win
>>
This strange thing
>>
>>335065342

Complete utter dog shit

Everything is phased like modern WoW. This means you can't see other players who are right next to you. The only way to grind to top level efficiently is to do all of the quests, and I don't mean some of them but literally do all of them. All of the dungeons are the same, hardly any unique enemies. Chinese bots are constantly mining all the ore and picking all the herbs. The best gear is the gear you can craft, but it has the most convoluted pain in the ass crafting system ever imagined. PvP is dog shit; you spend a majority of your time just running several miles through Cyrodiil to get back to where the battle is taking place, because if you die at a contested fort, you can't spawn near there and instead can only spawn at the nearest non-contested fort which is like a 5 minute run at least. The story is shit, especially if you played the other Elder Scrolls games. And it doesn't play like an Elder Scrolls game either
>>
>>335065965
Thanks for the summary, anon. Appreciate your view
>>
>>335065965
what are you talking about? Phasing is not a problem, it is only enabled on some very specific quests. Questing to max level is only good, and you can also grind dungeons to level up. EVERY dungeon is very different. I haven't seen a single bot. I myself like the crafting as it is relevant at high levels. PvP is so fucking fun and rewarding, The feeling when your faction gets emperor is so satisfying and from there your faction is just steamrolling trough everyone else. Running from fort to another is only problem if you don't understand how the pvp works as you can teleport everywhere(almost) and that is only IF you are shitty and die + mount is very VERY fast. There is no 5 minute runs, maybe 20sec run. I like the story but i can't say that for everyone. stop giving people false info. You just skipped every tutorial and didn't understand how the game actually works. You can blame your bad experience only on yourself.
>>
>>335064750
>>335064542
What happened? Did they pull a WoW with the game and ruin everything with an expansion?
>>
>>335067084
they just made stupid decisions.
they redid stuff a lot, like first they had a stat called radiance or something, people grinded to get stuff with radiance, then suddenly they removed the whole thing and then you had to grind again for something different. then the legendary items were a massive grindfest, they kept redoing them as well iirc.
then the thing that sank the ship, mounted combat which was just broken as fuck. there was no real point to it either, it was just spam your damage skills on every single character no matter if you were a healer or a tank or what.
that's how i remember it but i quit like 2-3 years ago i guess
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.