[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question /v/, is DS3 playable on mouse+keyboard or do I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Quick question /v/, is DS3 playable on mouse+keyboard or do I need a pad?
>>
>>335053483
Perfectly playable with KB+M.
>>
>>335053718
You mean you can actually remap keys without additional programs and menu in PC version doesn't have everything mapped in xbox buttons?
>>
>>335053874
Every "press BUTTON to SOMETHING" still has controller symbols, but the actual gameplay is unaffected by that. I beat the game twice with KB+M despite owning a controller. Of course you can remap controls. You could in the previous games too.
>>
It's playable in that it's functional.

I wouldn't play without a gamepad though. Just get a 360 for $25 bucks.
>>
>>335054069
I played 2 before and you could only remap some keys to other, very limited keys which didn't help at all.
>>
>>335053483
It's playable but a gamepad makes it so much better
>>
>>335054528
Well I didn't notice any limitations in 3 while I was remapping stuff.
>>
>>335053483
beated all of ds on pc with kb+m
piss easy
>>
It's my first souls and I find kb+m easier. I have an xbone controller.

Left click for light attack
Shift+left click for heavy attack
right click for shield
mouse side button for parry

I died to the first boss like 5 times but beat him on my first try using kb mouse with nearly full health.
>>
Seems like they didn't do the most retarded thing in the fucking world ever like with Dark Souls 2
>light attack is click
>heavy attack is double click
>your light attacks are delayed by half a second because the game is waiting to see if you're going to click again and do a heavy attack
>can disable double clicking to fix this
Oh thank god that's done wi-
>every time you start up the game it reverts back to enabling double clicking without telling you
>the option still stays at "double click disabled" but you have to turn it back on and off for it to actually work
>>
>>335053483
lmb light attack
rmb heavy attack
Shift left hand LA (shield up)
Ctrl left hand HA (parry)
Been rolling with this setup from DaS1 and it's great.
Shooting your bow is super easy too.
>>
I play mouse and keyboard and I like it better than using a controller, but it's purely preference OP and you may prefer one or the other so I say try both if you can and then go from there
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.