[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain fanboyism to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 257x196
I seriously don't understand religiously defending and praising a company that only exists to make the most possible money off you
Riping you off, as much as they can. Yet people religiously and in droves defend and damage control for greedy corporations , why?
>>
Autism
>>
>>335052915
This.

For fuck's sake, if video games didnt have a connection with autism, Chris Chan could have had a normal adult life
>>
I will basically only defend Xbox stuff because I loathe the rabid shit eaters that the other 2 brands attract. I'll even pretend to be a fan of something else if it will serve to dig the screws into these shitbirds.
>>
The problem with this argumentation is
>he's liking what I don't like, he's a fanboy/marketer/shill
It's a lack of empathy on both sides.
This is the internet so that might explain everything.
>>
>>335052817
>a company

OP you just described every company not just a single company.

I don't know desu, tribalistic association perhaps. The fact they feel they are a part of a larger group or community.
>>
>>335052817

Basically, brand loyalty, which is corporate manipulation of humanity's inner tribalism.
>>
Legitimate mental illness.

This is why the mentally ill shouldn't be allowed to breed.
>>
>>335053029
Forgot to add that people also like to argue and play internet tough guy.
I've seen other people IRL arguing about napkins, wine and fashion trends and it is almost always the same, even "intellectuals" do it all the time as well as parents and teachers and everyone else.
>>
File: 1423130542323.jpg (39 KB, 350x463) Image search: [Google]
1423130542323.jpg
39 KB, 350x463
>>335053263
You ever notice people who talk about who should or shouldn't be allowed to breed are exactly the sorts who never do?
>>
File: The big three.jpg (31 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
The big three.jpg
31 KB, 460x259
>>335052817
Three major car companies. One of those car companies makes cars that you like, while the other two tend to make average cars that do not interest you. It's just personal preference.
>>
>>335052817
Well it used to be friendly competition in that consoles actually competed against each other with games, while now it's a fierce defense of what they believed games should be.
Sadly I have no idea what Sony defenders are trying to stand for with the PS4 since there's basically nothing there, at least the Vita has games (though I think the hardware is poorly designed)
>>
really the true cancer on this board are the rampant falseflagging memes. sometimes I wonder how many times I've seen the crying guy with branded hat or the word JUST here
>>
>>335052817
It's called trolling.

99% of this whole fucking board is.

The 1% are underage and retarded manbabies, yet even a single post is enough to fuel the memeparrots.
>>
>>335052996
you're no better, in fact you're worse if you actively spite drones by being an even worse one yourself
>>
>>335052817
Post purchase rationalization and the sunk cost fallacy.
>>
>>335052817
Literally tribalism and sunken costs. If you pay money for something, sink in actual limited worth like your money and also considerable time/effort, you will find ANY reason to justify to yourself mentally.
>>
>>335053748
I do not own any console but I have no idea why anyone would buy a xbox one.
You have the same games as on the ps, well less games, in a consistently worse quality.
At least the wiiu has its gimmicks, microsoft has a console that is worse than 4 minus a few games.
>>
this is /v/ so most of it is nonserious trolling

with that said, people who actually do this (i.e. from forums like neofag) tend to come from justifying their purchase
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-14.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-14.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
I'm honestly not sure where the mentality of defending your favorite video game company comes from or why it still persists. I can understand why a child who can only own one console might defend their preferential corporation to the death, but the idea of grown men doing so is absolutely disgusting, to be honest.
>>
I don't really know if I count as a fanboy. I go sony (and nintendo) since PS1 times now and I never regretted it. I get a lot of weebshit and some nice exclusives on the plattform - plus almost every third party games comes to playstation, too.

I still understand if someone prefers something else, like PC. But I enjoy myself with sony consoles so I don't see a reason to stop.
>>
>>335052817
Trying to justify the money they spent on a good from said company.
>>
>>335054196
I feel the same with the PS4 and PC, at least until Yakuza comes out
>>
>>335054357
like I said, part brand loyalty, part purchase justification
>>
Wanting to feel superior. I dunno how anyone feels superior for paying a few hundred on a game system but they do.

Maybe they want to feel a part of something bigger and def
>>
>>335054357
>grown men
it's one thing to grow old
it's another to grow up
>>
>>335054468
I can understand the appeal of a console even while having a pc I just wouldn't go out of my way to buy the inferior one.
>>
>>335052817
Psychology fag here
When you spend money on a product you are essentially giving up your possessions for a companies. When doing this you are putting your trust into the product. You lost something in order to get that product (Money). When hearing negative things being said about that product, you will instinctively defend it (not everyone) due to the fact that you gave up something to receive it. In admitting that the product you got is bad, you admit you lost something, and gained an inferior product when you could have gotten another superior product. The only solution is to defend what you own until you die to validate your purchase. Proof of this phenomenon can be seen when someone receives something for free. If someone buys a macbook they defend the shit out of it no matter what, even if they hate it. If someone got a macbook for free, they will call it what it is, shit.
>>
It's just a way to defend a purchase. No one ever wants to admit their company might be flawed. The Wii U has lousy online
>BUT IT'S FREE SONYKEKS PAY FOR IT HAHAHA
PS4 has a pretty unimpressive library at the moment
>BUT THE XBOX HAS SHIT FOR GAMES EVEN MORE AND THEY PAY MORE ONLINE THAN WE DO!!!
The Xbone has weaker graphical output than the PS4
>PFFT AT LEAST WE'RE BETTER THAN THE PII U

No one cares about fair comparisons, there can only be one objectively better platform in every way. Sadly, that doesn't exist. Each console has its highlights, but Sony, MS, and Nintendo don't want to put a stop to it because it's basically free advertising.
>>
>>335052817
of course you understand, just read your description and the image you chose
>>
File: 1434250728504.jpg (18 KB, 300x192) Image search: [Google]
1434250728504.jpg
18 KB, 300x192
>>335052996
>I'll act like a coporate shill because everyone else is!

Jesus christ, you're an idiot.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.