[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruiner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: ruiner.jpg (27 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
ruiner.jpg
27 KB, 500x304
this looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjIsnjKhew

will cyberpunk ever become meme shit like zombies and steampunk?
>>
this looks great

desu it's kinda dissapointing that it looks like a simple twin stick shooter because the art is nice

http://ruinergame.com/

check out their site and scroll down

but yeah man the slavs know how to do cyberpunk right it seems (i'm not a shill btw)
>>
>>335042093
I quite like twin-sticks shooters, as long as you don't just end up back-pedalling away from mobs all the time.

I never really got why ARPGs like Diablo don't adopt it more as a control scheme rather than having accurate clicking. I guess you can do the Hotline Miami thing too.

I do like that sideways slide thing at 0:30 looks cool.

Visually, it looks a bit like Satellite Reign.
>>
Looks like good shit. Got the cyberpunk aesthetic down right, and the gameplay looks alright. It will probably be like 5-6 hours though.
>>
>>335041609
I honestly wouldn't mind if cyberpunk injected itself into the cultural milieu the way zombie bullshit did. Shit would be hype, especially since we're on the cusp of living in a world with robots, cyborgs, AIs, VR, all the cyberpunk workings
>>
>>335041609
>will cyberpunk ever become meme shit like zombies and steampunk?
I think so. there's gonna be tons of hack writers starting to use cliche science fiction tropes in an attempt to cash in on the latest advances of technology in a shallow attempt to "comment on modern society."

Hell, in some ways its already happening, considering David Cage is making a cyberpunk story, and Fallout 4 went all Bladerunner with the institute.
>>
>>335041609
hope this has a loot system.

always wanted a top down cyberpunk arpg.
>>
>>335043981
Restricted Area?
>>
>>335043876
they'll also probably use cyborgs and sentient machines as a hamfisted metaphor for trannies. and of course every one of them is going to use gibsonian cyberpunk like how nerds just throw a bunch of unnecessary gears on shit and call it steampunk
>>
>>335041609
Great looking environments. Shame it's a twin stick shooter. Those are literally never good.
>>
File: miyako17.png (464 KB, 1271x719) Image search: [Google]
miyako17.png
464 KB, 1271x719
>>335044115
>and of course every one of them is going to use gibsonian cyberpunk
please no
>>
I have weird boner for top down shooters, I'll give it a chance.
>>
>cyberpunk hatred
>70s hatred
>xD
But hatred itself gets hate
>>
>>335048024
>>70s hatred
what are you on about?
>>
>One day we'll get a first or 3rd person cyberpunk game
One day. In the meantime, this looks decent. Devolver is pretty based and usually publishes solid games.
>>
File: rea.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rea.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>>335048350
>>
>>335048403
2077 should be out early next year. if its as well made as Witcher it should be at least half decent.

didn't realize devolver was making this though. might actually end up checking it out then since Gunslinger was the tits.
>>
Why are there three Nine Inch Nails song names in that picture?
>>
>>335048570
>2077 should be out early next year.

Not even. Don't expect it until 2018 or 2019.
>>
>>335048639
[citation needed]
>>
>>335048639
?or 2019.
>CDprojekt were actually waiting for VR became a hit.
>2077 is a VR exclusive cyberpunk game.
>>
>>335048802
Think about it. Most CDPR have finished right now is concept art and a skeleton of a game. CDPR took four years between each Witcher game and I don't see anything changing for this dev cycle pattern. They've been putting most of their team into TW3's last expansion so I doubt there's much real work being put into C2077 now.
>>
>>335048024
Might have something to do with Hatred being a horrible game in itself while having dialog that sounds like it was written by a 14 year old who just experienced being bullied in highschool for the first time.
>>
>>335048024
than you. i dont care about these games, meaning i dont mind what kind of subject they try to cover. but this game wont get any shit while hatred was the big evil
>>
>>335041609
>>335042093
>this looks great

No it doesn't. It looks exactly like Bombshell and look how well that game did.
>>
>>335049015
>4 years
2077 was announced in 2012. last year, their community lead confirmed that they were still developing the game.

plus, there was a german news story about how a "close source" said they were even wanting to release the game late this year
>>
>>335049395
>all games are the same!
>>
>>335042527
>I never really got why ARPGs like Diablo don't adopt it more as a control scheme
A scifi/cyberpunk ARPG, with lots of armor and weapons to choose from, that plays like a twin stick shooter is pretty much my dream game.

Ruiner ain't that but it looks really good.

>>335049395
It looks nothing like bombshell the fuck are you on?
>>
>>335044024
Literally downloading it right now. What should I expect?
>>
>>335049881
A mediocre ARPG. Don't get your hopes high.
>>
>>335042527
Because people that play Diablo don't want skill based gameplay. You can master the controls of Diablo-likes in, what, 2 minutes? The rest of the game is the character getting stronger through stats, skills and items. The character getting stronger, not the player getting more skilled.

Not meaning to shit on fans of the genre because I myself played D2 for a long time as a teen, but it's basically a mobile game in terms of depth.
>>
>>335041609
the gameplay actually like fun with additional mechanics like doges and tackles.
now the only need to also deliver on a big variety of enemies that look and play differently

but I gotta say the fashion of this cyber punk world doesn´t look nearly slutty and punky enough
>>
>>335041609

It already is
like neo 80's or biopunk
everything is a meme on the internet. Already speaking about it on a most visited image board makes it a meme. We are all meme people, living in a meme world, having meme tastes eating meme food playing meme games.

Everything is a meme
>>
>>335041609
>steampunk
steampunk isn´t really a often done genre.
I actually could do with some more if the setting is done right like in warmachine vs horde

about ruiner
does anybody know if the game is going to feature a talent tree and active skills?
>>
>>335041609
>will cyberpunk ever become meme shit like zombies and steampunk?
Check cyberpunk tag on steam and find out.
>>
>>335050471
and your a shit meme
>>
File: 1461199917858.jpg (47 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1461199917858.jpg
47 KB, 500x667
>>335041609

when is the fucking release i might pirate this because it looks appealing
>>
>>335041609

It already is the next big hype. Zombies out. Cyber in.
>>
needs a loot system or similar meme
>>
File: t_mckayla_maroney_boob_vid.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
t_mckayla_maroney_boob_vid.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>335051064
>>335041609

its not really cyberpunk, its tumblrpunk
>>
>>335041609
Im really liking that mask, holy shit.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.