[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your biggest gaming let-downs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Mercs2.jpg (49 KB, 256x316) Image search: [Google]
Mercs2.jpg
49 KB, 256x316
Take it easy on the memeing and shit posting about games you haven't played though
>>
>>335040991
I haven't played the second one but I loved the first one, what's so bad about it?
>>
Spore.
>>
>>335042173
I actually really loved mercs 2. It wasn't as hardcore as the first one, but the characters were funny, the dialogue was cheesy and co-op was excellent. Its probably one of my favorite games of all time actually, and I'm really sad we will never get a mercs 3.
>>
>>335042173

Haven't touched it in many years, but I remember feeling taken aback when I first put it in my Xbox.

The game was ugly and super glitchy, you would drive right through somebody in a car with no collision. They changed the way the resource system worked and I think you needed to collect fuel for vehicles and weapons to call in aritstrikes instead of spending money on the PDA.

I think the faction system was changed too, but I don't remember how. Hijacking vehicles turned into a stupid QTA button test as well.
>>
BUMPER CARS.
Biggest gaming let down would personally be tomb raider 1 remake on the ps2 and the games that went after it.
Then skyrim and duke nukem forever because I was naïve.
>>
Mercs 2 is up there. And it felt even worse after reading about what they originally wanted it to be.
>>
>>335042906
I remember how hard hijaking the Chinese gunship helicopter was. I still can't successfully do it. But yeah, you had to steal fuel from depots or gas stations to call in vehicles/airstrikes, and you had to buy vehicles and drops from factions instead of the pda
>>
>>335042173
The biggest issue? The missions were balanced around airstrikes and other support. Now, normally this wouldn't be all that bad, because support options pretty much cost you jack shit and were hella powerful.

BUT

Most, if not all the airstrikes used thrown beacons that pretty much left you at ground zero. So, it was pretty much stockpile Laser-Guided Bombs, or do things the hard way.
>>
OH NO
OH NO
OH NO
OH NO YOU DIDN'T
>>
Cheat codes and coop was so much fun with this game.
>>
I loved hijacking a motorcycle, sticking a shitton of C4 on it, then speed it into the biggest truck/traffic jam I could find while jumping off to let if blow everything to hell.
>>
>>335040991
Definetly didnt live up to the original, but was a good try.

Id basically switch between this and Far Cry 2 for all my merc needs.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.