[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I find games today boring and uninspired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1450863817728.jpg (64 KB, 1280x548) Image search: [Google]
1450863817728.jpg
64 KB, 1280x548
and expensive too

will this trend change in your opinion or I must find a new hobby?
>>
>>335040031
Just watch hidden gems threads
>>
File: 55555.jpg (55 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
55555.jpg
55 KB, 555x555
that's because you don't believe in the heart of the cards
>>
>>335040031
What does uninspired even mean? I don't understand this term.
>>335040031
In my opinion video games just keep getting better and better.
>>
Thanks doc
>>
>>335040031
Video games are great. Its you that changed/got older/became cynical.
>>
>>335040219
uh...k
>>335040317
>What does uninspired even mean? I don't understand this term.
flat with no personality. cash grabs
>In my opinion video games just keep getting better and better.
that's your opinion
>Video games are great. Its you that changed/got older/became cynical.
probably. it's way difficult right now for me to relate with a game, epecially when 60 percent of it is in DLCs. it just doesn't feel right. i bought a game, let me play it
>>
>>335040031
What genres of games do you enjoy?
>>
>>335040031
you really have to look for the hidden gems amongst all the dog shit these days
>>
You'll fit right in here on /v/.
No seriously get a new hobby.
>>
>>335041424
nothing precisely
>>335041427
I know...I'm still trying to find a site, a blog or something like a podcast that could recommend some games
>>
Get a new hobby already but keep vidya in your backlog

When you finally come back it might seem better
>>
>>335040031
Gracias, Doctora.
>>
File: mcfucking kys.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
mcfucking kys.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>335040031
Nah you are just rationalizing your broke and poor ass by hypnotizing youself to believe games are shit
>>
>>335040031
You're not going to like the answer, but the answer is either indie games or mid-games.
>>
>>335040031
Stop playing video games and come back to them in a few months.
>>
>>335041873
How can you not have developed any genre preferences? Did you ever even like games to begin with?
>>
>>335042060
also this, true
>>335042095
I know... but most of them aren't that good... it's hard to find something actually playable and fun
>>335042232
but I need something to stop jerking me off
>>335042329
I can play and like everything if it's good...rts, fps, adventure games, video table top games... everything except dating sims
>>
>>335040031
Gameplay isn't evolving, just the other components. All the new AAA games we get these days have, in general, much more production value when it comes to stories, characters, graphics, controls, music, art design, etc. This doesn't necessarily mean that they are better (I prefer a lot of SNES/early-3D era music) but they are trying to make their games better on these fronts.

The problem is you've been playing games for most of your life and you're not the market these publishers are looking for. To someone who hardly plays video games Uncharted is a real treat, it's like playing your own action movie. Yet to someone like me it's an act in tedious boring gameplay broken up by cinematic expositions. Overall the games are generally better but they're not improving in ways that are unique to video games.

If this sounds like you, you need to give up on modern gaming and just enjoy watching tv shows or movies that appeal to you. You'll have a better time, get better stories, characters, music, art direction, etc. and it doesn't come with the slog of having to play something that isn't any fun.

The only games I still have fun with are flavor of the month shooters that I play with my real life friends, playing through a backlog of old doom .wads and niche roguelikes. The former I enjoy only on a social level, these shooters generally don't have interesting mechanics. The latter two I enjoy their gameplay since these modders or developers are highly invested in their gameplay and always finding ways to make that part of the game more interesting.

So I'm not trying to say modern games are shit but you're not going to see anything new or exciting in them. Look for the niche that meets your specific interest or try a different medium.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.