[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Teen males are expected to spend a significant chunk (13%)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Tren.png (236 KB, 720x829) Image search: [Google]
Tren.png
236 KB, 720x829
>Teen males are expected to spend a significant chunk (13%) of their money on video games this year, according to Piper Jaffray's latest teen survey. In fact, the only two categories they will spend more money on are food (20%) and clothes (15%).
>The Taking Stock With Teens survey got input from approximately 6,500 teens with an average age of 16.5 years. It asked them about brands, trends, and spending patterns.
>Video games are expected to take up approximately 13% of spending budgets for teen males, edging out other things such as electronics and cars. Further, the average spending on video games is expected to climb to $214 per year, up from an 11-year average of $152, or a 41% increase. Piper Jaffray noted this was an all-time high in the survey's history.

So how much do you spend on vidya each year?
>>
>>335038681

> spending 13% of your income on vidya

No wonder Americans are so poor
>>
>>335038681
How much will girls spend? Seeing as they're more than 50% of the gaming community I'd expect there spending percentage to be higher that the boys, right?
>>
>>335038681

>13% of a teen males money is a lot

So what, 13% of $5 a week is... $33.80 a year?

Since when do kids have lots of spare money exactly?
>>
>>335038941

>not having a job during high school

What the fuck, man?
>>
So is this a problem because kids don't want to spend money trying to impress bitches?
>>
>>335039164
>having a job when you need to be at school for 7 hours a day, getting rid of any free time you had
>>
>>335038681
>average 16
>any sort of car related budget
lolwut?
>>
>>335039236
>not managing your time properly

I'm gonna bet you're one of those plebs who also didn't attend college classes while in high school
>>
>>335039164
>being a wageslave at 15
Jesus, this site is really normieland these days.
>>
>>335039236

>not having money to buy a car and take girls on dates

Wew
>>
>>335039385
>he fell for the AP and dual-enrollment Jew

Lol
>>
>>335039446
>paying sluts money
>>
>>335039236

There's 168 hours in a week. Plenty of time for school, studying, having a job, and hanging out with friends.
>>
>>335039446
FUCKING NORMIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>335039446
>caring about girls
>especially in highschool where they're just going to leave in a few months, wasting your money
>>
i buy a game a month, not all months but most
buy them as keys so its cheaper
around 30eurodollars per
i'm 29
>>
>>335039504

Huh? It's a girlfriend, not a prostitute

>>335039582

You're not good at the whole relationship thing, are you?
>>
>>335039535
Now take away half of that because sleeping exists.
>>
>>335039685

> half

56 hours if you're a bum who sleeps 8 hours a night
>>
>>335038681
nil, nought, zero, none, empty, null
>>
>>335038681
>buying games
>>
When I was a teen my money either came from mom or my GF, and it went into clothes and video games. My GF was 15 when I was 16, and she had a job part time was a receptionist at a hospital, and she's spend her paychecks on me except for her phone (no cell phones, having own line was expensive). I would ask her if there was anything else she'd rather spend her money on and she would say no, and that making me happy made her feel happy.

For a lot of young men, where there is a will there is a way, even if that way is through other people.

>survey
usually means shit though
>>
>>335038681
I already spend more than 214 dollaz...wait...I ain't a teen anymore, still a poorfuck. It sure doesn't seem to be much for videogames in a year regardless.
>>
>>335038681
I hate the word Teen
I hate its ugly plural sister, Teens
Why do only american news people say this word?
Just say teenagers, or students, or fuck I don't know.
Why.
>>
>>335039236
I worked on sunday mornings for 4 hours and wednesday nights for 4 hours washing dishes as a teenager

$80/week was a decent chunk of change to buy shit as a teenager and it was barely any time out of the week at all.
>>
>>335039968

Because you can convey the same meaning with less letters.
>>
>>335039446
>implying that a large portion of /v/ has been in a relationship

come on, man
>>
I'm in high school right now and work at the Subway across campus and make sweet dosh and get free subs
>>
>>335039968
why do Brits say "whilst" when it has the same meaning as "while" except it sounds fucking retarded
>>
>>335039792
So you're a bum for getting the recommended healthy amount of sleep?

https://sleepfoundation.org/media-center/press-release/national-sleep-foundation-recommends-new-sleep-times

56 hours for sleep, 7 hours for school, your job for minimum wage is probably going to expect 25 hours a week for part time, we're talking about getting MAYBE about 5 hours a day to do other things and that is ignoring all forms of scheduling and assuming that you go immediately from sleep to school to work. In reality you're probably going to wake up and get ready for school, take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, so you can knock off another hour or two right there, then chances are your job doesn't take place 15 minutes after you get out of school, so you're probably going to go home and get into whatever work clothes and then go to work, so take off another hour.

Boy, just have TONS of time to do all of the things you want to do.
>>
>>335040067
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak
>>
>>335038681
the responses to this thread make me realize that no matter how NEET i am, apparently there are people even more ignorant of the real world than me

>kids have money??
>teens drive??
>how do kids buy gaem on $5 allowance lol

things have changed, a lot
>>
>>335039668
relationships are overrated
people stay unhappy with other people because society says that's what you're supposed to do
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.