[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post unfinished games Metal Slug 5 had an enormous amount
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: stone turtle.gif (16 KB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
stone turtle.gif
16 KB, 350x258
ITT: Post unfinished games

Metal Slug 5 had an enormous amount of unused content compared to other games in the series, including weapons, assists, items, and even bosses like this miniboss from the final mission. I don't know if their inclusion would have made the game better, since the series was already suffering a serious identity crisis post-Metal Slug 3

Don't be smartasses and say shit like street fighter 5. people throw around the term unfinished so much it's diluting the meaning and dumbing down discussion about games as a whole. Provide serious evidence (assets, interviews), on why the exclusion of stuff made the final product a worse game.
>>
street fighter 5
>>
File: Worm_2.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Worm_2.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
All unused collosi in SotC. I'm still mad.
>>
>>335038365
Post the spider one!
>>
MGSV
>>
>>335038067

Halo 2.

What we were promised and what we were given were two completely different things. All of those gaming mag editorials with five different kinds of Warthogs and that epic E3 demo, and the end result was a joke. The MP was still fun, but we weren't given what we were told Bungie was making. Most of the shit they left out of 2 didn't even make it into 3.
>>
File: 320px-FinalFever_CW.jpg (34 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
320px-FinalFever_CW.jpg
34 KB, 320x240
Sonic 2 and sonic cd had some pretty cool cut concept
too bad taxman was not allowed to implement them fully
>>
File: Arcsf3-hugo.png (31 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
Arcsf3-hugo.png
31 KB, 384x224
There was an unfinished Hugo in the first iteration of SF3, he didn't make it in until the second iteration.
>>
Crash Twinsanity is full of easter eggs you get after getting each gem which unlocks many unused concept art and animation reels.

Its was a decent game and the last good Crash Bandicoot platformer but it always did feel incomplete. Just wonder what the finished product would have looked like.
>>
>>335038067
Spore. That game was waaaaaayy below even casual gamers expectations
>>
>>335041104

>Lisa VS Street Fighter
>>
File: Sonic 2006.png (356 KB, 424x599) Image search: [Google]
Sonic 2006.png
356 KB, 424x599
Sonic 2006 is worth mentioning.

What a dire piece of shit that was, like releasing an early beta. At least most of the music was great.
>>
File: Still not a good maneuver.jpg (196 KB, 412x612) Image search: [Google]
Still not a good maneuver.jpg
196 KB, 412x612
>>335041994
Shit son, I would play a LISA: The Painful Cross Street Fighter
>>
Quake and Unreal 2. It's common knowledge that Quake was originally meant to be a first person RPG and Unreal 2 was basically meant to be Mass Effect 3 in first person form.
>>
>>335042171
I still don't understand how people praise the music. While some of the tracks are definitely good quality, they really don't sound like they should be in a sonic game. And how the game plays only makes the player grow to hate the music, like that repetitive Flash Man theme ripoff used for the battle scenes.

https://youtu.be/sIBJfWDtCYE?t=8m
>>
>>335043293
I guess it's because some of the better tracks stick with people. It's subjective, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmyAYu8EdGo
>>
>>335043293
>While some of the tracks are definitely good quality
Pretty much every major level has great music.
The town and battle music and the like aren't as good though, yeah.

>they really don't sound like they should be in a sonic game
What is this even supposed to mean?
This is a series containing the soundtracks to Sonic CD, Sonic Rush, Sonic R, etc.
>>
File: Tribes RPG unused.png (595 KB, 1018x714) Image search: [Google]
Tribes RPG unused.png
595 KB, 1018x714
One of dozens of unused structures in Tribes RPG, many of them are entire complete dungeons that have never been seen by anyone.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.