[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"m-muh Nostalrius!!" >"m-muh petition for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: fan-art-661x435[1].jpg (43 KB, 661x435) Image search: [Google]
fan-art-661x435[1].jpg
43 KB, 661x435
>"m-muh Nostalrius!!"
>"m-muh petition for official legacy servers!!"

Who the fuck cares? You do realize there are a metric fuck ton of private servers you can play on for free? Just find a new one. You don't need real ones from Blizzard that you need to pay to use.

The real tragedy here is there's not a SINGLE Toon Town Online private server.
>>
HE
>>
>>335035032
I liked Nostalrius.
The community was huge and it was almost impossible to level on a PvP server since there was always 1 fucking asshole from the opposite faction going around killing lowbies.

I don't want Blizzard to host the server and make money off the hard work the Nostalrius people put into it.
>>
>>335035032
>muh private servers
>at all
Fuck toon town. Where are the fantastic MMOs that aren't backwards engineered?
>>
File: sad-seal.jpg (35 KB, 597x589) Image search: [Google]
sad-seal.jpg
35 KB, 597x589
>>335035275
>City of Heroes/Villains
>>
>>335035032
the only good thing about Nost/legacy servers is that there is no blood elves
>>
>>335035275
We had one until Disney shut it down
>you think you want to play Toon Town, but you really don't
>>
>>335035382
When will people learn to host their pservers in countries big companies can't do shit about?
>>
>>335035032
>a metric fuck ton of private servers

That either have nobody playing, or servers that cap out at 2k players or something. Nostalrius had no cap, averaged around 12-13k players. Trying to go back to a dead server after that is just painful. No matter what the instance was I'd have a full group within five minutes of trying. It was great.
>>
>>335036096
So wait, do you want to play Vanilla, or do you want to play with people?
>>
>not a SINGLE Toon Town Private Server

https://www.toontownrewritten.com/

Go wild.
>>
>>335036168
Both.
>>
>>335036180
>already shut down

Nice research dumb fuck
>>
>>335036262
It's not shut down you dumb fuck, it's been up for about a year and the last blog post was under 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>335036240
Then why do you want official Legacy servers?
>>
>>335036096
Not to mention the fact that it didn't have bullshit premium NPCs, random rates, insta-60 services and actually felt like a true vanilla server thanks to the heavy coding these guys did.

I could list maybe 3 bugs that weren't present back in the days and that's about it.
>>
>>335036475
It had AH bots though.
>>
>>335036369
I really don't, I want the next Nost. But this is better then settling for some shitty Russian server with a 4k player cap and vanity donations that most of the Nost players seem to be going for.
>>
>>335036475
There are plenty of blizzlike servers to choose from desu. There's just not as many playing on them.
>>
>>335036657
Yeah, cus you realize when you have to pay a monthly sub to play Vanilla, it's going to be as dead as other private servers, right?
>>
File: 1432764469953.gif (830 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1432764469953.gif
830 KB, 250x250
>Who the fuck cares?

You just made a thread about it.
>>
>>335036180
Where the fucking forums on this thing?
>>
>>335035365
haha yeh bro blood elves, or fag elves as i like to call them, r totally GHEEEY! HAHA! xD
>>
>>335035032
Just wanted to make sure someone mentioned ToonTown Rewritten, which they did. Good.

This thread is dumb.
>>
>>335036743
No, because Blizzard caps servers out at 4-5k, they will have multiple servers splitting the community even more, and they can't moderate cheaters for shit. I had a guildie get banned for buying literally 10g on Nost. In retail they'll fucking mail 10,000g directly to you and Blizz will be none the wiser.
>>
>>335036974
>No, because Blizzard caps servers out at 4-5k

The caps were just raised literally weeks ago you fucking idiot, at least do some research before you say something.
>>
>>335035032
>>335036180

There's a /v/ group on Steam for people who play Toontown Rewritten
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vtoontown.
>>
File: toon-town-brat.png (500 KB, 524x668) Image search: [Google]
toon-town-brat.png
500 KB, 524x668
>>335036892
>>
>>335037076
>literally weeks ago
>how do you not know about this very recent change in this 10 year old game that has 1/12th of its former playerbase.

Gee whiz you sure showed me, maybe next time i'll go onto Blizzards twitter and read their hilarious April fools jokes to get up to speed XD

Yeah ok kid, shouldn't you be in your garrison clicking buttons?
>>
>>335036759
No, I made a thread about Toontown. Pay attention dumb woman.
>>
>>335037243
I'm sure with all the petition signing you'd be checking their twitter everyday for the announcement they were making actual servers to see this.

>Yeah ok kid, shouldn't you be in your garrison clicking buttons?

Sorry, I'm not subbed to WoW, because unlike you I realize it's a shitty game.
>>
>>335037343
Funny how you keep so up to speed on the announcements of such a "shitty game" I realize going back two posts to where I said I really don't want legacy servers is a strain on your 'tism, but at least try next time. or should I say

>at least do some research before you say something.
>>
>>335037128
Oh thats nice, i might check it out.
>>
>>335037559
It's because I play Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls, and both Hearthpwn and Diablo-champion have blips about what's going on in other games you dumb cuck.

>here I said I really don't want legacy servers

So you don't want Legacy servers, and you don't want to play on empty private servers....so I'm not sure what you really want. You're just bitching to bitch.
>>
File: 1439702264335.jpg (48 KB, 553x640) Image search: [Google]
1439702264335.jpg
48 KB, 553x640
>>335038031
>calls wow shit
>plays a fucking trading card game on the internet
>even more embarassing, plays Diablo 3

That's rich, what's the matter, welfare money ain't enough to cover the price of a starter deck?

Gee I don't want legacy servers, and I don't want empty private servers. If only there were other options, like if somehow a private server had a high population? But that's nonsense. You have to be actually trying to be this retarded.
>>
the fuck is toon town and why do you play it?
>>
>>335038412
>like if somehow a private server had a high population?

Point me in the direction to one that is up.

Also I said Reaper of Souls, the expansion that literally is the only time Blizzard has released an expansion that actually saved and fixed a game.
>>
>>335038750
Just more proof Nostcucks are too young to have even played Vanilla in the first place.
>>
>>335038750
It's the definitive MMO. It's what people played before WoW.

You ever wonder why people refer to their WoW characters as "toons"? That's why.

It's more interesting to play than Vanilla WoW too.
>>
>>335038757
If there were one up I'd be playing on it instead of debating with some autistic Yu Gi Oh loving neckbeard wouldn't I?

>Also I said Reaper of Souls, the expansion that literally is the only time Blizzard has released an expansion that actually saved and fixed a game.

Wow they fixed a game that they released as a broken mess and all you had to do was pay for it again!! all hail our saviors at Blizzard. Seriously fuck off cucklord.
>>
>>335038839
>>335038956
sounds fun, might give it a try

i don't care for wow though, will i like it?
>>
>>335035129
HAS
>>
>>335035221
I don't want Nostalrius to host the server and make money off the hard work the Blizzard people put into it.
>>
>blizzard shuts down the biggest server as a demonstration that they will not be tolerated
>hurr durr y u not just join another?

Do you have FAS or something? What do you think is going to happen when any of these servers get a population to rival Nostalrius?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.