[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>b-but multiplayer!! Fuck off imagination less retard, not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: all other games btfo.jpg (303 KB, 1343x948) Image search: [Google]
all other games btfo.jpg
303 KB, 1343x948
>b-but multiplayer!!

Fuck off imagination less retard, not every game needs mp. This is about the journey not the destination, read any of the dev interviews they never mention pvp

>tfw exploring literally billions of Galaxies each with billions of varied planets
>>
>>335032763
it's a shame we've already taken this exact journey before just a few hours ago
>>
>>335032931
fuck off
>>
>tfw exploring literally billions of Galaxies each with billions of varied planets
And what's the point of that? All those planets are randomly generated boring-ass deserts with nothing to do.
>>
Will procedural generation ever be done right?
>>
Not every game needs gameplay either apparently
>>
It takes an infinite ammount of time to complete all the skyrim quests.
>>
I'm starting to think this is some faggot falseflagging. No Man's Sky is a niche game and was intended to be just that. If you can't handle that, then tough. Not every game needs half-assed multiplayer.
>>
>>335033129
Only if you have thousands of variations for each and every single variable, and even then the base game has to be enjoyable enough to traverse and explore the procedurally generated areas. The major problem is that you end up burning out since everything looks the same, the only different is maybe a handful of things in an area, and you've seen what the game has to offer only in a couple hours.
>>
>>335032763
>let's show the same boring footage of you walking around a planet, getting on your ship, hyper drive to a new planet and land on it.
This game has and will always be a boring walking sim with diffrent colored planet #26000. If you are hyped for this game get ready to be dissapointed like the poor saps that ate up Spore before release
>>
>>335033129
good rogue-likes and rogue-lites exist
the bigger the scale the harder it is to do however, on NMS's it's impossible to do right.
>>
>>335032763
you made this same thread already fuck off shill
>>
>>335032763
Kill yourself shill.
>>
>>335032763
What is the fucking point of this shit? There will be literally millions of planets which are exactly the same because there isn't enough variables to justify having over a hundred planets, let alone billions.

Procedural generation is a meme and the normies fall for it every single time.
>>
>>335032763
I can't wait to see red tree planet and then slightly different red tree planet.
>>
>goes to planet a
WOW look at this beautiful forest
>goes to planet b
WOW look at this beautiful desert
>goes to planet c
WOW look at the beautiful forest and desert
>goes to planet d
wow... look at this desert
>goes to planet e
a forest....

This x one billion and it sounds boring as fuck
>>
This is sounding all to similar to molyneux promises, I doubt it will be that large
>>
>you don't need game modes as long as you can imagine them
Jesus christ this better be a direct pasta from neogaf. I wonder how /v/ would react if people were sayng the same thing about SFV missing modes or Starfox missing 2player features.
>>
It has literally billions of years of playtime, you guys are retards there isn't even a need for other games once this releases.
>>
>>335032763

>a trillion years to explore you guys!
>same 3 tilesets in different colors

Epic.
>>
>>335033649
you already got BTFO multiple times across multiple threads you fucking retard
fuck off nigger
>>
>>335032763
Exactly how varied are the planets though?

I'll admit I'm on the fence on this game. Billions of planets is nice, but if there are hardly any noticeable differences between most of these planets, is it really that exciting?

That's like saying Minecraft's planet is multiple times larger than Earth, yet most of it is just the same biomes, repeated in a slightly different fashion nearly infinitely.
>>
Will it have denuvo?
>>
>>335033649
We won't even have to live our real lives any longer.
>>
>>335033829
This. Try taking the time to simply explore Minecraft's world for several years then come back and tell us how exciting you found it.
>>
>>335033829

Its just like minecraft.
>>
>>335033884
Exactly, I don't understand why /v/ can't see how big a deal this is.
>>
every games with random generations have "billions of years of replay value" but in practice it doesn't.
>>
>>335033129
I think the only one is Dwarf Fortress.
I'm not saying that as a meme.
It generates the world terrain and whatever like normal but then it simulates history for x amount of years depending on what you set it to.
Civilizations rise and fall, settlements get built, people are born and die, beasts are slain by heroes etc.
Since it's mainly simulated with a procedurally generated base there's a lot more logic to the actual world and everything actually kind of relates to each other.
That said the way you explore said world (adventure mode) isn't so great yet but the concept behind the world gen is pretty solid.
>>
UNLIMITED FREEDOM

INFINITE CONTENT

BILLIONS OF UNIQUE WORLDS

SOPHISTICATED ECOSYSTEM SIMULATION

LIVING BREATHING UNIVERSE

NO TWO CREATURES ARE ALIKE

ALIEN CIVILISATIONS WITH THEIR OWN CULTURE AND LANGUAGE YOU CAN LEARN

HUGE PROCEDURALLY GENERATED CITIES

SHAPE THE DESTINY OF THE UNIVERSE

SOPHISTICATED ECONOMY AND DIPLOMACY SIMULATION

UNORTHODOX AND ENGAGING MULTIPLAYER

YOU CAN DO ANYTHING
>>
>>335034067

STEAM TRADING CARDS
>>
>>335032763
Just like it will take 5 billion years to count to 31536000000000000 if you manage 1 number per second (good luck with that though). Doesn't make it fun.
>>
>>335034067
can I destroy an entire planet?
>tfw no freeza simulator
>>
>>335034286
SURE

YOU CAN DESTROY IT

WITH ANOTHER PLANET
>>
>>335032763
This game is going to be so fucking disappointing, lifeless and boring.

Remember Borderlands? 17 MILLION WEAPONS

Fuck off you shit-eating retards.
>>
Hey, look! It's this thread again!
>>
>>335034375
what?
>>
>>335032763
>Minecraft
>YOU CAN NEVER REACH THE END!
>"Wow this game gets kinda lame after a while"
You tards never learn.
>>
>>335034502

YOU CAN LAUNCH PLANETS INTO OTHER PLANETS

YOU CAN BE A PLANET YOURSELF

YOU CAN BREED OTHER PLANETS

YOU CAN BE ANYTHING AND DO ANYTHING WITH ANYTHING
>>
>every planet is the same size
>no gas giants
>no asteroids
disappointing
>>
If it turns out to be like Subnautica, it might be alright. But that's it, just alright. Not this amazing thing everyone has been hyping up.
>>
>>335034703
Really? That sounds hilarious.
>>
>>335032763
Who are you quoting OP?

Stop sperging
>>
File: serveimage.png (90 KB, 417x334) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
90 KB, 417x334
>mfw Noctis IV already exist
>mfw it's completely free
>mfw it's more varied than this shit
>>
IGN has been sucking this games cock non stop since its reveal. I am going to be very surprised if they dont score it with at least a 9.9/10.
>>
>>335032763
Any argument you could possibly give to no man's sky could also be applied to Minecraft. Do you still play Minecraft OP? Do you think "procedural generation" is magical?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>335033186
/thread
>>
>>335035431
Minecraft at least has an active element, No Man's Sky is literally an observer game. It's about as much fun as Conway's Game of Life.
>>
>>335033839
The game is on gog
>>
>>335033994
True. I suppose the game doesn't have to accomplish much to make playing it more enjoyable than most anons lives, no wonder you're so excited for it.
>>
>>335033031
How do you know when the game isn't even out yet
>>
File: 1458064924073.png (75 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1458064924073.png
75 KB, 323x323
>all these underage fags who are too young to remember spore

procedural generation on a large scale sucks balls anyway, look at daggerfall
>>
>>335032763
this game is going to be shit
>>
>>335036278
god bless
>>
>go to planet
>tick all the boxes
>leave planet
>go to another planet
>tick all the boxes
>leave planet
>go to ANOTHER planet
>tick all the boxes
>uninstall game
>>
File: A3VRTlqCYAA6aYk.jpg (108 KB, 423x597) Image search: [Google]
A3VRTlqCYAA6aYk.jpg
108 KB, 423x597
>>335037823
>How do you know when the game isn't even out yet

The bigger the number, the less interesting each one will be. Quantity doesn't trump quality.

Really, what are you supposed to do on each planet? Go and take a photo of each randomly generated create and then move on? Run around on the green grass planet and then fly off to the blue grass planet?
>>
File: ifonly.jpg (16 KB, 225x292) Image search: [Google]
ifonly.jpg
16 KB, 225x292
>>335038091
Children too need their reality check once in a while, anon.
Don't worry.
We're jaded and grown up, they will know pain.
They will know pain.
>>
>>335032763
I still don't know what's the game behind no man's sky. Every faggot I ask, Every Website I visit and every Magazine I read always formulate some stupid shit about the universe size and procedural generations.
>>
>>335034776
Subnautica is a handcrafted experience and will therefore blow no mans sky out of the water ahababa get it.
>>
can I climb that mountain?
>>
>>335038889
Its like a drill game. Collect resources. Upgrade your shit. Be able to collect resources better. Thats the core gameplay loop.
>>
>>335032763
wow, i can spend a billion years exploring the same plantes with slight colour scheme variations and maybe a different bush?

Sign me up.

lol jk
>>
نومانسكاي
>>
File: 1459139662701.jpg (63 KB, 450x562) Image search: [Google]
1459139662701.jpg
63 KB, 450x562
>>335032763
Never heard of it. Damn I think I'm drifting away from the vidya.
>>
>>335039009
Reminds me of the starbound scam. They did exactly the same Marketing and it's an empty and hollow game with no Content but millions of the same planets in different colors.
>>
>>335038091
>Spore
I want to forget.

>There are people who actually annihilated the Grox
>>
>>335037823
its going to be like borderlands with all the guns
>>
>>335032763
>imagination less retard

whats' there to imagine if there literally no lore and no form of story telling?
>>
What if there's actually no multiplayer and it's a purely singleplayer experience, but it's guarded by shills who say "muh 5 billion" to keep up the illusion that they put in the work to make a multiplayer game?
>>
>>335039741
I couldn't do it. I was just barely keeping myself composed for Civ and the two RTS bits, but then as soon as I got into space and had my planet get raided four times while trying to forge alliances and spending three hours doing this I just used Cheat Engine to give myself infinite moves and walked to the center of the universe.
>>
>>335038432
Minecraft is procedurely generated and sold the most copies of any game ever
>>
>>335039815
>/v/ suddenly hates borderlands 2

What happened
>>
>>335040407
Spore has a lot of problem.

>First stage is fine for what it is
>Creature stage is just you collecting shit and doing some boring tutorial tier quests
>Tribal stage is the same shit again but with you building huts
>City stage is the same shit yet again but this time you get superpowers that don't mean shit
>Space stage is starting decent with you thinking that you finally reached the goal and that lots of adventures are ahead of you but the moment you leave your planets alone for two minutes everyone gets raped by space pirates
>upgrading your ship is maximum grinding
>terraforming is boring as fuck and doesn't mean shit because there is always another planet next door that is worth your time
>even if you go full autism/cheater and fight the Grox at the end - Who own over 1000 systems - You still can't win because some system are always out of your reach even with all upgrades
Spore is a complete design failure
>>
>>335041316
al of those are nitpicking holy shit
>>
>>335040880
Yes, but you can do stuff in minecraft. NMS you just float and drift. I would at least want an empire builder or merchant trade routes. Something. I dont care about multiplayer tho. I have no friends tbqh
>>
>>335034657
Can i marry a planet? I personally wanna go into the bonezone with a volcano.
>>
>>335032763
Starbound promised the same things, and it actually has even more content in this game, like building.

We all know how that game turned out to be.

>b-but this time it will be different!!!

Just like every single time, right?
>>
>>335041124
I like borderlands, but there arent millions of guns, its just a handful with some different stats or abilities
>>
>>335032763
I can't wait for this game to be the next Spore
>>
>every third planet looks the same as another
>as soon as you leave anything you did to the planet is reverted
Shit tier desune
>>
>no gravity

LOL
>>
>>335033129
Pokemon randomizers with a few rules set to default. Unless you mean something else. that's the only thing I can think of.
>>
does it reaLLY Have no multiplayer? i thought one of the selling points was exploring with other ppl
>>
>>335032763
I'm sure No Man's Sky will be a very enjoyable game up until you realize that everything is exactly the same with a few variations. Kind of like Minecraft, the idea of it is great, but too little is done with it to keep you interested in the long run.
>>
File: 564565464656.jpg (40 KB, 437x410) Image search: [Google]
564565464656.jpg
40 KB, 437x410
>>335032763

>OH WOW A PLANET COOL HAHA I CAN NAME IT AND SHIT WOW THIS IS AWESOME
>Oh haha cool another planet cool lets do some stuff here too
>Another planet to name alright looks pretty cool
>Huh this planet looks a bit similar to the last one but that's okay I-I'm stil having f-fun
>Hahaa................ha.......

t. skybabby
>>
>>335038091
Your own fault for still being here man.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.