[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Rust worth getting, /v/? How much will it improve before leaving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Rust_videogame_logo.png (2 KB, 480x207) Image search: [Google]
Rust_videogame_logo.png
2 KB, 480x207
Is Rust worth getting, /v/? How much will it improve before leaving early access? Does playing with friends make it better?
>>
>>335031475
It has titties in it
>>
>>335031475
It will never be worth it because it has the biggest flaw a game could have: humans

When given the opportunity to act like cancer, they will act like cancer.

You'll spend 2 hours getting sniped from half the world away and ragequitting
>>
>>335031475
It's fun if you play it hardcore. Nothing much to do if you're casually playing it. Takes around an hour to build a house that will most likely get its shit fucked while you're offline or even while you're building it.

So if you want quick fun, no. Don't get it.
>>
>>335034887
>can't play MP games
>>git gud
>>
>>335031475
You are forced to be part of big groups. /v/ and /vg/ haven't got anything of the sort for some reason, so you'd be forced to team up with children.

Don't even consider trying to play solo. As some other anon said you will spend dozens of hours improving your house and it will be destroyed in 2 seconds effortlessly by a big clan.

As for the game itself. I bought it 1 year ago. It got some new weapons that no one uses and overall it sucks even more because they removed some stuff, Starbound style.
>>
>>335035396
That poster was wrong when he gave that example. The main issue is offline raiding. If you're not on 24/7, you're fucked.
>>
>You can get raided in your sleep while you're offline
>game literally forces you to play 24/7

shit game
>>
>>335031475
Still salty about the zombie debacle and can't in good conscience recommend the game because of that cunt.
>>
>>335035941
So play on protected servers babby.
>>
>>335036148
>The zombie debacle
What zombie debacle
They were always temporary because he just used them to test pathing and other crap like that
It was never meant to be a zombie game like DayZ
>>
>>335031475

>Get game
>Download game
>Start game
>Game crashes when joining server
>its easy to fix
>Use fix
>Still nothing
>Just calibrate your Nvidia setting
>Do it
>game crashes
>You must open console and insert code
>Do it
>Crashes
>Google the problem longer
>Company knows this problem for months
>Does absolutly nothing

I hope the devs and their company die
>>
>>335036515
>Nvidia
>>
>>335031475
played it for the past year

had lots of fun, met lots of people and formed some good friendships

getting boring now unfortunately, endgame sucks. raiding is nerfed to shit, grinding for hours to get enough resources to raid that shitty 2x2 that has been honeycombed for several floors.

hopefully new xp system might mix things up a bit.

also official servers have fucking tiny maps and they won't revert it back to 4k maps which means you are doomed to play on a community server with shit admins
>>
>>335036343
Where was that stated?
>Hi, welcome to the Rust page. Warning, zombies are temporary. I not only intend the game to be played without zombies, I won't even give you the option to have the zombies.

Who patches a feature OUT of a game? What kind of retarded fucking strategy is that?
>>
>>335036649
If you followed the dev blogs of games at all you would've known, you fucking retard.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.