[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
get hype? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbD QSOmwA20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.png (1 MB, 1059x540) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 MB, 1059x540
get hype?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDQSOmwA20
>>
Man that hair though
>>
What is the point of making a trailer for an announcement. Shouldn't the trailer be the thing that announces the thing
>>
>>335029474
It's the old Romero trick.

First he makes you his bitch.

Then you suck it down.
>>
If only John Carmack wasn't blowing Zuckerberg for a living
>>
File: 1454203650446.png (99 KB, 722x941) Image search: [Google]
1454203650446.png
99 KB, 722x941
>>335029629
I wonder what the hype levels would be if the April 25th announcement was that John Carmack was coming back and joining up with Adrian and Romero?
>>
>>335029629
He never cared about the game part of games. He only cares about programming shit to make it more lifelike. The goggles are just the next step of that
>>
>>335029746
What do they need him for? He programmed the engines, but now there's plenty of good engines to use. It's not like 3d hasn't been an established thing for a long time
>>
>>335029474
you can do this if you're as big as The Romero
>>
>>335029093

>yfw one john went working on mobile while the other stayed with pc
>now...one john is went working for mobileVr while the other is coming back to pc

Like pottery, sadly neither has produced anything really relevant and good in years
>>
>>335029905
I pretty much just answered this in the other thread
>>335030068

Efficient programming in high-end vidya is still hugely important in terms of efficiency and optimization. The newer "friendly" engines make it easier, but it's still no walk in the park if you want something that runs silky smooth.
>>
File: 1336634571532.jpg (100 KB, 507x443) Image search: [Google]
1336634571532.jpg
100 KB, 507x443
Dai Katana 2 confirmed!
>>
afsafsdfsdfsd
>>
>>335029629
Carmack doesn't care about video games he cares about coding. I also fucking doubt he cares about fb buying rift either since he worked with it before that happened.
>>
>>335030113
>oculus rift
>mobileVr
>>
File: 3dtroll.jpg (39 KB, 210x168) Image search: [Google]
3dtroll.jpg
39 KB, 210x168
>>335030472
>starts a game company
>pushes gaming tech forward
>last man standing at said company
>doesn't care about video games

cool story bro
>>
>>335030634

You realize oculus' first product was the GearVR and Carmack has been working on that for years, we never even got an announcement on him working on the actual rift now, or still mobile solutions.
>>
>>335031074

>doing things that allow you to do what you want to

He certainly doesn't care about the gaming part of it, but the technical side, hence why he went to work for the literal devil since it allows him to pursue what he is interested in.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.