[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit is this not the fucking best game of the year?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Ивер.png (994 KB, 1326x1265) Image search: [Google]
Ивер.png
994 KB, 1326x1265
Holy shit is this not the fucking best game of the year?
>>
>>335023507
does this game has a single player / campaign mode or it's just pvp?
>>
does it keep your decisions from the first game?
>>
>>335023605
Its a turn based strategy. Single player only.
>>335023781
Yes
>>
>>335023507
That's not cuphead
>>
>>335023507
B-but its short, mostly story-driven game
Shouldnt /v/ hate it?
>>
I just bought the first banner saga from a sale and i LOVE it
>>
>>335023507
From what I gather this is just an indie Fire Emblem. Any reason to play this over FE?

hard mode: anything beside story
>>
>>335026969
Haha me too man it's the best videogame of its genre! banner bros unite!
>>
>>335023932
>>335023605
there's a free 1v1 called banner saga factions

seriously fuck how those trapper ho's make you lose a fucking turn if you trip their trap AND you get hit for damage

a game this tight it's a fucking death sentence if you lose a turn for any reason
>>
>>335026996
Whole different setting, probably a better story than most emblems.
>>
Wasn't it made by ex-Bioware refugees?
>>
File: 24820.jpg (71 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
24820.jpg
71 KB, 400x300
>>335026904
Story driven is fine. /v/ loves King of Dragon Pass.

It's that many modern devs tell the player to STOP INTERACTING to receive a story ration.

It'd be like a movie stopping for intermission and saying "Okay, open your books to page 3 and read it before the movie can continue"

It's jarring and a terrible use of the medium. If a story is interactive (and I don't even mean choices here, just that you don't have to stop playing the videogame) then that's good.
>>
Just finished it a few minutes ago. I've got to say the finale was pretty lacklustre. I knew they were obviously going to have a third game in the series. But it lacked the dramatic weight of the final fight with Bellower in the first game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.