[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: blizzard.jpg (200 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blizzard.jpg
200 KB, 1280x720
It's like watching your uncle go senile.
>>
>>335017861
bc
>>
>>335017861
Wotlk
>>
File: Diglets_Final_Form.gif (1 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
Diglets_Final_Form.gif
1 MB, 384x288
>>335017861
>filenames
>>
Someone post the complete one
>>
You being the uncle and crying abuot every little change they don't like?

Yeah it kinda is. It's rather amusing watching the community act like a hateful old geezer who will never be happy no matter what you do for them.

That's probably why metzen tells the community to stfu.
>>
Man, BC was absolute fucking shit from a lore perspective.

>Space goats, who alsp happen to be un-corrupted Eredar
>Those ugly Draenei are mutants! These sexy fap bait bitches are the real deal
>Goblins building motherfucking space ships
>Khael betrays the people he was doing everything for
>Illidan goes against the super powerful being of light who actively opposed the legion for all of its existence
>Blood Elves are super fucking cool woth joining their old enemies and murder their prince
>Sci-fi shit left and right, rather than the steam punk/low-fi shit Warcraft always had
>No word on the niggas who went through the portal in Warcraft 2. Only Khadgar gets some form of closure.

Wrath may have introduced what would soon become the nail in the coffin of wow with group finder. But at least they fixed everything else.
>>
>>335018058
That's not what it's about.

https://youtu.be/Falm0H7VEiQ?t=6m15s

It's not little changes. The game has changed fundamentally. I don't think very many other video games have been changed as much as WoW.

It's not even just WoW. Look at what they've done to Starcraft and Diablo. Blizzard went from one of the best developers on the video game scene, to completely out of touch in a decade.
>>
>>335018348
>Small group of geeks and former classmates gets together to make games
>Passionate and goofy about what they do
>Some move to bigger, better things, others stick around
>Slowly but surely they begin to grow into a huge deal type of company
>Soon suits, investors and general corporate dickery becomes the norm
>Company gets bought out
>Those same geeks are old as fuck and see what they do as a job
>Someone thought it was smart to make a fuckinf concept art designer into their mouth piece and care-taker for their cash cow
>>
File: Patch_3.3_LFD.jpg (51 KB, 380x476) Image search: [Google]
Patch_3.3_LFD.jpg
51 KB, 380x476
>>335018298
Yeah. I started playing in TBC, and then I played the first few months of Cata before I realised the game I fell in love with was dead. Dungeon Finder was the death knell of WoW.
>>
>>335018298

Illidan did no such thing, supposedly it was hinted Kael did a false attack on Shatt to turn them against Illidan. Kael having his loyalties with the burning legion
>>
>>335018498
>former classmates gets together to make games
>>Passionate and goofy about what they do
>>Some move to bigger, better things, others stick around
>>Slowly but surely they begin to grow into a huge deal type of company
Fucking Activision.
>>
>>335017861
who fucking cares? they ruined Diablo 3.
>>
>>335019170
Aren't you excited for WoW with diablo3 systems tho?
>>
>>335019170
WoW was always shit
subscription based games ruined pc gaming
>>
>>335018578
It killed any amount of effort from randoms too. Before it was a matter of getting to work with like-minded people from your realm for a common goal and there was some pressure to perform.

If you were an absolute shitter people would talk about you in trade chat and you were done getting groups.

From that point on people just stopped giving a shit.

>>335018618
Sure, it was implicated as such. Yet Illidan did nothing but sit at his temple all broody and shitty, while also commanding Vash to be a tit to Zangarmarsh and become a loot piƱata.

Blizzard just misused those three so fucking badly.
>>
>>335019385

He did though, he gave commands and so on but his faction is now having to fight both the Alliance and Horde and Shatt AND the Burning legion shenanigans. His plans got ruined, the people under his command got fucked hard
>>
>>335019557

He was probably also cut off from Vashj by that point
>>
>>335017861
Looking at the trend of subscribers, the aptly named Cataclysm.
>>
>>335018578
>Dungeon Finder was the death knell of WoW.

I really want this new meme to end. Flying Mounts harmed the game far more than Dungeon Finder.

Cross-realm Zones fucking raped the game harder than anything they've added until WoD.
>>
>>335019250
Considering it's the systems from Reaper of Souls by the Reaper of Souls devs who made Diablo 3 an actual game, I am somewhat excited.
>>
File: 1421014322866.gif (1 MB, 276x232) Image search: [Google]
1421014322866.gif
1 MB, 276x232
>>335018298
Space goats had potential, and from a lore perspective *could* have worked. But they were basically completely ignored until WoD and even then it's like...the fuck is this. Too many missed opportunities.

Every single piece of lore surrounding the blood elves is garbage. Again, huge potential that fell flat on it's face.

Also, Danath Trollbane is the dude in the Alliance town in HFP and the Wildhammer guy is in Shadowmoon Valley, so there's that at least. Turalyon and Alleria got mentioned and apparently had a son who just kinda wanders around.

Blizz has good concepts but absolutely shitty implementation when it comes to WoW lore. Their best was WotLK and it took a nosedive after that.
>>
>>335020718
>Their best was WotLK
Wrath babby pls go and stay go
Wrath was when WoW went to shit.
>>
>>335021286
nah, it wasn't.
>>
>>335017861
Cataclysm.
It's a prime example of an expansion with a very strong start that suffered heavily from the 'casual' player feedback.
>>
>>335020718
>Space goats had potential, and from a lore perspective *could* have worked. But they were basically completely ignored until WoD and even then it's like...the fuck is this. Too many missed opportunities.
>Every single piece of lore surrounding the blood elves is garbage. Again, huge potential that fell flat on it's face.

This shit for real. Blizz are so inept it kind of hurts to think about
>>
File: wecannevergoback.jpg (157 KB, 1024x376) Image search: [Google]
wecannevergoback.jpg
157 KB, 1024x376
>>
File: 1460324058564.jpg (443 KB, 1960x720) Image search: [Google]
1460324058564.jpg
443 KB, 1960x720
>>335018005
Op is retard.
You're welcome
>>
MoP was okay
>>
>>335017861
End of WotLK, beginning of Cataclysm.

Activision entered the picture around 2008. You can tell by how WotLK was playing out that they had some minor influence. I think at this time Blizz already had an idea and infrastructure in place on how they wanted WotLK to progress but Activision slowly started meddling more and more as the expansion played out. When Cata was being developed, Activision had near full control. You can tell after it launched that WoW was never the same. It was all downhill from there.
>>
File: 1460095328390.jpg (201 KB, 737x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460095328390.jpg
201 KB, 737x1024
Didnt even play Alliance but remember their music most
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXMguMnsyak
>>
Ya know... I think I know the solution to modern wow.

The legion dungeons.. need to be pvp dungeons.

Infact they need to remake many of the dungeons while leveling as pvp dungeons.

The idea of a pvp dungeon is basically a regular dungeon but your competing against 5 other faction people with interesting mechanics.

The type of fights there would be would be like this.

Both parties move down a 2 transparent corridors where they can see the other team but not attack them.

They both encounter bosses. The damage one party does to their boss in somenway heals the other team's boss.

The first boss to die drops the good loot. The other boss drops loot valued at 1/5 of the winners loot.

This would allow wow to be challenging and have scaling difficulty. It would improve team communication and competitivness... finally it wouldnt be nerfed because noobs cant tell blizzard to nerf the other players.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.