[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All these Dark Souls threads have made me realize that the quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1459617847334.jpg (94 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1459617847334.jpg
94 KB, 700x700
All these Dark Souls threads have made me realize that the quality of a franchise's fanbase is inversely proportional to how often they use the term "lore" to describe a game's backstory or plot.

I mean seriously, "lore"? Do you clowns sniff your own farts?
>>
File: your incoming response.png (179 KB, 547x340) Image search: [Google]
your incoming response.png
179 KB, 547x340
>>334998035
Almost the entire souls fanbase is fucking garbage and neofags save for a handful of people I can count on 1 hand. What did you expect?
>>
>>334998035
I was always under the impression Lore meant a specific unmentioned background of say, a character or species of enemy.

Irish Lore.
Folklore.
I wouldnt say "the lore of dark souls", that sound wierd.

I just ignore the people who say it because I assume they are 12.
>>
>>334998609
or blind trump/hillary supporters (aka low iq or uneducated)

disclaimer: if you support these idiots but have a rational reason, respect
>>
File: susan.png (554 KB, 610x838) Image search: [Google]
susan.png
554 KB, 610x838
So, we should just talk about the "story"? The fuck is the difference between saying lore and story? Every fanbase does this if there is in fact lore.

Faggot
>>
>>334998907
People think that if there's minimal story then 'lore' is the appropriate word to use.
>>
>>334998907
The fact that lore and story have different definitions.

Unless, sjw? and like to change things to fit what you think you know?
>>
>he says while posting a Bloodborne image like lore threads weren't a thing
simply ebin
>>
>>334999256
as I understand it:
lore describes backstory and the origin of the world, story are the events in the game. In dark souls, nothing really happens in the game and all the information is about the origin of the world, hence lore

regardless it's a bullshit semantic argument that I don't get why people would care about
>>
>>334998035
You're referring to a fanbase that has adopted "one shot" to mean "one try". I wouldn't expect much from these people.
>>
OP is correct.
With the advent of people like Vaati, the use of the term "lore" is now out of control.

There's character plots and dialog, item descriptions, progression markers, your character's objective, and then there's speculation and the order you experienced events in.

Try and interpret the story of your own adventure as you unlock more aspects of the game yourself through items and characters and enemies.
Not ask what you just saw to others on the internet like a lot of souls babbies do.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.