[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horror game thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Yume Nikki.jpg (16 KB, 641x479) Image search: [Google]
Yume Nikki.jpg
16 KB, 641x479
anyone got any recommendations for freeware horror games like Yume Nikki
>>
Imscared
>>
File: 1446337753690.jpg (208 KB, 550x620) Image search: [Google]
1446337753690.jpg
208 KB, 550x620
.flow
>>
>>334988162
Anythings free if you torrent/emulate it.
Condemned
Silent hill 1-4
The evil within
Resident evil 2 and 4
>>
File: 1426116689632.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1426116689632.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>334989110
>anything is free if I steal it!
:/
>>
>>334989110
I own all of those games except for the Evil Within.
>>
>>334989110
He said "like Yume Nikki" you cunt
>>
Was Yume Nikki even a horror game? Is so, then is LSD a horror game?
>>
>>334989640
I played it and never really found it scary or much of a horror game. Most people argue its a horror game because of its creepy atmosphere.
>>
>>334989172
It is though
>>
>>334989640
To be fair that game scared the shit out of me

I turned threw off my headphones and ran out of the room once
>>
Go to vgperson's site and play all the games that look remotely interesting. There's also some 2D horror game called Realm: Walk of Soul or some other. Looks and plays like a flash game but it's inspired by Yume Nikki. I think it only has a demo out now.
>>
>>334990851
thanks anon I already have started downloading a few that I am interested in.
>>
Outlast
>>
>>334991440
Stay the fuck away from Hello Hell...o though. It's an interesting concept, but the execution was shit.
>>
>>334991676
k anon which ones do you recommend?
>>
>>334991676

I think that's a hair harsh. It's definitely not the best but it's short enough to entertain the gimmick.
>>
Lostboy
>>
>>334991907
Ib, Witch's House, and Wadanohara. Witch's House can get a bit annoying with the overuse of jumpscares, but it's worth it for the true end. Also Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea has shoehorned in RPG maker gameplay that's really easy to breeze through, and it doesn't actually get spooky until the end, but it's still decent enough to go through. LiEat is also good, but it's not horror at all. The last game that comes to mind is Standstill Girl, also not a scary game, but it has really a creative battle system that can stand up on it's own.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.