[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally impossible: The Boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: faggot.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
385 KB, 1920x1080
>Endless combos that are almost impossible to escape once in
>Summons a second guy who deals the same amount of damage
>The one mob you get to help always gets stunlocked to shit and dies within a few seconds
>Regenerates all of his health then gets fucking fire trails that makes him impossible to hit without getting burned

God this is such fucking bullshit
>>
>literally git gud
>>
nice b8 m8
>>
This guy was fucking easy as long as you aren't complete trash. He's a casual filter through and through.

Now the Pontiff, THAT was a hard fight. God damn.
>>
>>334984081
You CAN NOT fucking beat this guy with a 2hander, it's just not fair
>>
>rolling, the game....3: Xtreme gitgud @ rollin rollin rollin c'mon rollin rollin rollin rawhide
>>
>>334984220
It was the exact opposite for me, really. Abyss fags killed me over and over and over, and I died like 3 times to Pontiff.
>>
The hardest boss for me remains the very first one as a standard thief. That fucking dagger is damn useless against anything worthwhile that early in the game.
>>
>use any sword
>he has literally 0 poise
>stagger him with your full stem bar
>dodge 1 round of combos to heal/recover stem
>repeat

Why do these threads always get max replies just go back to witcher 3 or something
>>
>>334984530
This is bait
>>
>>334983923
The first phase is easy. Just dodge his moves, hit him and when the second more aggressive guy arrives kill him (they have very little hp). When the third guy shows up just bumrush the first guy.
Second phase is far harder but still manageable. What did the trick for me was neither blocking nor rolling through his attacks but staying just out of range, sometimes dodging the wider reaching ones if they might hit you. When he opens himself up, quickly go up to him, get a few hits in then move slightly out of range again.
>>
>people are past the boss
>call it impossible
I just don't understand this meme
>>
>>334984220
Youre all wrong faggots champ gundyr is the toughest motherfucker I've fought so far
>>
None of you faggots have beaten Yohrm without Storm Ruler.
>>
>>334984262
Then don't. If you're using a greatsword you're gonna have a bad time for the rest of the game. Unfortunately, greatswords are fucking useless in this game, and you should start using a straight sword ASAP. You should still have enough titanite to get a straight sword of your choosing to +3 at this point.

Get yourself a Dark Sword off one of the Darkwraiths literally right before the Abyss Watchers and use that for the rest of the game.
>>
Triple dodge to the right or left when he is in phase 2, roll in hit or two than roll out. In phase 1 pull the red eyed watchers that agro on others towards the main boss. Focus on the mob watchers when they are agroed on you and the boss when they are fighting each other. Shield with decent stability helps in phase2 but isnt necessary.
>>
>>334988817
>Greatswords are useless
Weak bait faggot Claymore still rapes.
>>
>>334983923
He killed me plenty of times, but reading his moveset in his second phase felt a little easier after fighting Lady Maria in Bloodborne.
>>
>>334984262
I did with a lucerne, get good faggot.
>>
>>334983923
They're the post PC-like boss. Blocking their dagger filches them and you can even back stab them. Git gud.
>>
>>334988817
>Greatswords are useless
I'm still rocking the Astora Greatsword and I'm at the end of the game. Fuck you.
>>
>>334984420
Same, Abyss got me good then got Pontiff 2nd try, though I had warmed up as a sunbro a couple times too.
>>
>>334988817
>Unfortunately, greatswords are fucking useless in this game, and you should start using a straight sword ASAP.

Learn to 2hand and dodge shieldfag
>>
I love how everyone has that one boss that absolutely raped them.

I coasted through most of the game except for those fucking princes. Took me at least 12 tries to finally beat their poybussys into the ground
>>
>>334988817
Greatswords are fine, straight swords are just easy mode.
>>
>>334983923
Everyone is wrong. When the second guy shows up play defensively. A 3rd guy will show up and at least two of them will begin attacking each other giving you time to fight the other boss. When it's down to 1 guy again fight as normal. Rinse repeat to second phase, which isn't any harder than the first phase. He just does more damage with fire which honestly shouldn't be that bad.
>>
>>334988817
>he didn't beat the game with the zweihander
GET GOOD FAGGOT
>>
>>334983923
That's not the dancer
Every time I fight her, I have to pray to the rng gods
>>
As someone who beat this boss with two less than full Estus after fucking around and figuring "Why the hell not", one-shotting him, I learned a couple of things that should help.

For one thing, when at medium-close range, he's aggressive enough that you can bait a surprising amount of his moves by retreating in a backwards circle, but dodging TOWARDS and slightly to the side if you know you're going to be hit/have to block. and try and keep spiraling inward each roll. If you're using a shield, for the love of god, learn to put it down on occasion for a brief shot of stamina instead of turtling.

Basically, if he whiffs on your withdrawing spiral, give him a quick stab. If you roll in, don't be afraid to not attack until you're confident he's not going to attack again, then capitalise.
>>
>>334983923
I demolished these faggots with the old wolf sword first try man. It's not hard you're making it hard. You're getting too intimidated by his swings, they're weak and slow man he just dashes fast.
>>
>>334989809
This. Got a dark claymore and I'm having a fabulous time.
>>
>>334984530
I though the dagger was OP in this game, was I given the wrong information?
>>
File: pontiff2_tc.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pontiff2_tc.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
>>334983923
That shit is easy as fuck.

This guy on the other hand is my first death against a boss
>>
Beat the boss at like level 20 as a deprived with a reinforced club. Took me about 5 tries and I finally got mad and used an ember and my gold pine resin I was saving. Killed him by rolling into his attacks instead of away. Looking back, it's easy. Most bosses can just be rolled into
>>
>losing to a bunch of artorias wannabees
>>
>>334991078
Pontiff is easy. The two princes was a pain in the ass though.
>>
File: 20160419_113203.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419_113203.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Fucking casuals.
I fucking hate this bitches rain of arrows in phase 2. Holy fuck why does it not stop following me
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.