[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BBBread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
I just can't get over how well FS designed the map of this game. How incredibly complex and yet not confusing. I say the true star of this game is it's level design.

Anyways ITT the things that would make BB your perfect game :

A) weapons visually evolving when upgraded (like in onimusha)

B) Not recycling enemies.
>>
I really cant think of anything. Maybe if chalice dungeons were scrapped and main game were made bigger. Other than that its perfect.
>>
enemies can't attack you through walls
>>
>>334977881
>A) weapons visually evolving when upgraded (like in onimusha)
I hope Nioh does this.
>>
>>334978034
I am trying not to expect too much from it though. Almost certain it won't as good aw either oni or das
>>
>>334977881
>GOD TIER AREAS
Central Yharnam
Old Yharnam

>TOP TIER AREAS
Cathedral Ward
Upper Cathedral Ward
Hunter's Nightmare

>GOOD TIER AREAS
Forsaken Cainhurst Castle
Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
Fishing Hamlet

>MEH TIER AREAS
Hemwick Charnal Lane
Research Hall

>BAD TIER AREAS
Lecture Building
Byrgenwerth
Nightmare of Mensis

>"OH GOD MAKE IT STOP" TIER AREAS
Forbidden Woods
Nightmare Frontier

>CHALICE DUNGEONS TIER AREAS
Chalice Dungeons
>>
>>334978157
I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>334978462
>Research Hall
>not in GOD TIER
?
>>
>>334978462
I enjoyed forbidden woods much more than cathedral ward. But agreed about central and old Yharnam
>>
>>334977881
It's perfect because PC will never shit it up. PC fags lol
>>
>>334978881
Please pack your shit and return to 9reddtumblr whence you came.
>>
Its a beautiful game.
>>
What's an ideal level to do the DLC in NG? I'm level 65 right now and getting my shit slapped. Ludwig kills me in 2 hits.
>>
>>334979157
I started at about 80 or so and it felt pretty reasonable.
>>
>B) Not recycling enemies.

BB is by far the smallest offender in the Souls series when it comes to this.
>>
>>334978462
Forbidden Woods was good though. Besides that I mostly agree with you.
>>
>>334979258
Guess it's back to grinding slime students in the Lecture Building then..
>>
>>334977881

If the lock on wouldn't fail at random

Enemies standing directly in front of you don't randomly get out of being hit.

Having the guns not just shoot directly over an enemies head at random would be nice too.
>>
File: 1459615204297.jpg (28 KB, 310x346) Image search: [Google]
1459615204297.jpg
28 KB, 310x346
>>334978462
>research hall
>meh

>nightmare of mensis and forbidden woods
>bad
>>
>>334979301
I wouldn't normally care but when you have a game of such quality this kind of things looks like a shitstain on white sheets.
>>
>>334977881
1 - Designs of beasts werent 95% "furry giant animal"
2 - More diverse areas in terms of color
3 - remove or nerf parry ripostes
4 - makes bosses less of damage sponges
5 - remove gems and their farming
6 - remove chalice dungeons and make them designed areas instead
7 - not reusing common enemies as bosses, old bosses as bosses or using npc fights as bosses
7 - make insight more interesting or useful than not at all
8 - less barren covenants
9 - more interesting sets
10 - allow dual wielding of both weapons and guns
11 - increase enemy variety during end game
12 - make nightmare areas feel more like a nightmare than not at all

That are the most blatant problems from the top of my head, still a great game graphically and mechanically overall.
>>
>>334977881
I was gonna say underground ancient r'yleah-esque city but then I remembered that's explicitly what the chalice dungeons are.
>>
>>334979615
>not reusing common enemies as bosses

The only time this happens is with Shadows of Yharnam and the boss form has moves that the regular mooks don't have.
>>
Enemies should not have hyper armor, they should have poise. I don't know why From thinks it's such a good idea for enemies to have hyper armor, but it's annoying and inconsistent.

It's a system where you can usually go up to an enemy and spam R1 until they're dead, but going up to them and timing a charged R2 to hit them just before they hit you can result in them tanking the hit and one-shotting you because they got counter damage. It's not logically consistent and it's obnoxious. I don't want either one of those things to be happening often, never mind on the same enemy. Just give them a bit of poise.
>>
>>334978462
>>334977986
Why are chalice dungeons so shit? I want to start doing them for trophy, are they harder than main game and dlc?
>>
>swing at enemy
>weapon bounces off wall, rock, tree
>enemy swings
>kills you through anything
>>
>>334980043
The deep ones are pretty hard, but they're shit because they're very repetitive.
>>
>>334980043
I can't be bothered to trudge through any more dungeons to get the plat.
>>
>>334977986

Gems were the big disappointment.
Inevitably you were just looking for damage, and the curses just made you scum the proper gem rolls.

They could have done so much more with them.
>>
>>334980098
>mfw enjoyed clearing Chalice Dungeons because the lighting/dank environment make the game look amazing
>>
>>334980043
Some chalice dungeons actually are very pretty and interesting.

I just got the platinum the other day. I think they are a good idea. Its a good way to condense the Bloodborne experience into a single level with some enemies, a few chest, and a boss at the end. Its like if you just want to play some gameplay for half an hour you can jump in and finish a chalice dungeon.

Some of the bosses are cool, even though most are rehashed or too easy.

The isz chalice area also has this amazing filter on it that makes it look like the universe is opening up and you can see little galaxies and shit floating around.
>>
So I'm playing through BB for the first time and I've gotta say, so far I'm disappointed. I beat both the Cleric Beast and Father G-something on my first try without much difficulty at all. I just got to the blood starved beast and it seems like he has some phantom reach when grabbing me which is a little annoying. I think the weapon transformations are cool, but because of them there seems to be so few weapons so far. I also have 4 or 5 armor sets and they all seem to be worse than the one you can buy in the hunter's dream. Does the game get better? Right now I'm trying to do a skill build but putting some points into strength.
>>
It's extremely linear though.
>>
>>334980892
If you don't like it then you don't like it.

It's honestly not a game that has a "bad beginning followed by good parts." If you did not enjoy the beginning areas of Yharnam and Old Yharnam I cant see you enjoying much of the rest of the game. I mean you do get to new cool environments/bosses/ weapons etc but the core gameplay remains the same.

>>334981038
Aren't like half of the bosses totally optional? Its linear but has tons of hidden shit.
>>
>>334980892
It seems like people who are experienced with the series have an easy time of Bloodborne, provided you actually know how to dodge and didn't just turtle behind a shield all the time. 20 blood vials is really quite a lot, plus rally is even more healing.
>>
>>334980724
I've never been to Isz chalice yet, but I also just got the platinum trophy. It's the only one of them that seems interesting to me. I even though Loran was kinda lame.

Yharnam Queen was a decent fight, though, except it was too easy.
>>
>>334981219
I don't think the core gameplay is necessary bad, I just think that right now it's kind of boring. I went with the threaded cane and it seems like using it transformed is making the game incredibly easy. It has good range and a wide arc.
>>
>>334978462
Nightmare Frontier was definitely the worst area in the game, not including chalice dungeons.
>>
>>334980043
The later chalice dungeon bosses are harder than anything in the main game/DLC, yes. Really great for farming souls, though. I fucking hated every second of them.
>>
>>334981495
Press on, get/try some other weapons, at least get into the part of the game when aliens start popping up

The DLC also has some god tier weapons and areas.
>>
>>334981556
I liked Nightmare Frontier. Worst area IM was Yahargul.
>>
>>334977881
Covenants sucked
>>
>>334981992
That area gave me a good bit of trouble my first run through (when you go there after the blood moon) and probably killed me the most.
>>
>>334981038
I missed so much shit my first playthrough
>>
>>334979868
You haven't played chalice dungeons then. The Pigs, Fat Ogres, Brainsuckers and Silverbeasts are possible bosses.
>>
>>334982461
>all those side quests
I felt like a retard given that I actually explored all those areas but missed steps.
>>
>>334977881
>Anyways ITT the things that would make BB your perfect game

Change the gem system so that's it's pretty much just infusions.

Remove chalice dungeons and just create a new area with the exclusive chalice bosses in it.
>>
File: 1453780991043.jpg (1 MB, 1480x2093) Image search: [Google]
1453780991043.jpg
1 MB, 1480x2093
After joining the PC master race, Bloodborne should play at a minimum of 60 FPS.
>>
>>334982586
Chalice Dungeons are universally condemned as the worst areas in the game. It's pretty fucking dumb to re-use such basic enemies as bosses, I agree - but the whole area is pretty fucking dumb, so I lump that problem under the general Chalice Dungeon umbrella. No need to condemn the rest of the game for it.
>>
>>334979540
Mergo's Loft: Middle is also a great place to farm. Especially if you have Two moon runes and the visceral attack gives more echoes rune.
>>
things that need fixing for it to be perfect:

-integrate chalice dungeons into the main map (make ailing loran, pthumerian labyrinth and great isz actual levels) and not have them be an endless source of tedium

-From Soft needs to git gud at optimizing their framerate, and making it 60fps.

>make the second half less linear. I liked how cathedral ward served as a hub in the early game, but after the woods it's a straight path to the finish.

>make blood vials work like estus, not grass.
>>
>>334979615
Blood gems were a nice addition, I was hoping they would return
>>
File: 1400574625859.gif (477 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1400574625859.gif
477 KB, 600x338
I don't get the chalice dungeon hate.
Except for defiled Amygdala. Fuck that.
I won't say I had a ton of fun in them, but I kind of enjoy them. Loran's a ton of fun with a Boomhammer.
>>
>>334986824
The randomly generated ones with rites are pretty good, yet I dont think even 5% of the playerbase bothered with them.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.