[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duelyst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13
File: duelyst.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
duelyst.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Been a while, but considering the game is about to go through major changes and launch I wanna talk about it.
>>
Good game. I personally can't get over the pixelshit graphics. I tried, I really did but they're horrible. It would have been fantastic if it looked like, say, Banner Saga.
>>
>>334972914
That's too bad. I'm a huge fan of the pixel art myself, but I get that it's divisive.
>>
File: 1448975587891.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448975587891.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
Duelyst finally adds a Loli character
Best game
>>
>>334972765
the general died a while back

personally, the recent changes put me off
>>
Still mad they removed Lithle cleavage
>>
File: 260px-Pandora.png (66 KB, 260x318) Image search: [Google]
260px-Pandora.png
66 KB, 260x318
>>334974002
Yeah I was a little put off too, but it's probably for the best. All the curves were way too low and hardcore.

Plus now my waifu is viable
>>
File: Fuck Farie land.jpg (30 KB, 206x320) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Farie land.jpg
30 KB, 206x320
Loliabyss looks like Gertrude from Fuck Fairyland
>>
>>334974302
>Pandora
sorry anon your waifu is shit
>>
Did they nerf the bullshit *teleports behind you* Songhai decks?

Are Vetruvian and Vanar viable?
>>
>>334974608
>Did they nerf the bullshit *teleports behind you* Songhai decks?
It's dead anon
Vet is Top tier now.
Vanar is pretty much Meh
>>
>can only replace two cards of my starting hand
That kinda sucks. Also only one card drawn after each turn encourages either a lot of card draw or aggrodecks. And the higher you climb on the ladder, the more aggro the matches become. That sucks
>>
File: 1448963687005.jpg (147 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448963687005.jpg
147 KB, 500x500
>Yfw there nerfing Tusk Boar
>>
>>334974774
I was smiling like a whore

>>334974732
Don't worry anon, tusk boar is going to die

>>334974664
Yeah, but songhai's new BBspell will help make the teleport deck not complete shit

>>334974497
You're a shit

>>334974101
Considering Vanar and the other lyonar and the other songhai are tits out guns out I assume it was just because it looks better. Tights are no less revealing, anon.
>>
Great thanks CP making Aggro Lyonar stupid now
>>
>>334975038
I unpacked Tusk Boar today actually
>>
>>334975926
You can dust it for full when the nerf comes
>>
>>334974608
No idea, but I'm still rocking artifact Vet like I've always done.

There's no better feeling when they get all smug because they boardcleared, and then they eat blast staff dagger powered with auroras tears to the face and everything infront and behind them.

Instant fucking panic, never gets old.

I don't need no minions
>>
>>334976358
You're in luck, the new vet general can double her minion damage
>>
>>334972765
I played a long while back, so there's 2 Generals per faction now to choose between?
Looks interesting.
>>
File: kaceyDance.gif (835 KB, 408x296) Image search: [Google]
kaceyDance.gif
835 KB, 408x296
When are the changes omg they sound kinda cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzuvfy4jFwE
>>
>>334977013
Yeah, comes out some time later this week.
>>
this game ever coming out on mobile?
>>
It's a good game, but it's a tough market with hearthstone around - especially after games like WoW have conditioned people to think that only the #1 game in each genre matters.

Also they need to fire whoever is designing their characters, the backgrounds and sprites are gorgeous but the character art is a real let down.
>>
>>334980341
Yup.

>>334980975
Character art is good IMO but the human faces freak me out
>>
File: 1346271892434.jpg (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1346271892434.jpg
108 KB, 500x500
I'm interested in the game, but does it have enough of a population to support the game for a while?
>>
>Spells

What

Also I don't like the 1 draw system I've been playing a lot and it makes me miss 2
>>
File: The Listening.jpg (295 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Listening.jpg
295 KB, 1280x720
I haven't played since December but I am moderately aware of the changes over time and reset my collection. How are Magmar and Vetruvian holding up?

>>334974002
>All of those times I kept making threads and struggling to keep it afloat.
That kind of makes me sad.
>>
>>334981743
It should, its fairly popular and pretty easy to get into.

You can easily manage 1 pack a day just by doing your dailies and some wins.

And then you get a free pack when you level up a faction to 11.

Just give it a go and see if you like it or not
>>
I've adapted to the darw change but I'm not sure if the game is better.
>>
>>334981743
Yeah actually. Queue times are roughly 9 seconds.
>>
>>334981743
they are being very aggressive with eceleb stream marketing and that's the only reason anyone is playing it, and all the more reason not to
>>
I usually don't mind pixel art but for some reason this really puts me off.
I think the colors and what not are too conflicting, very painful for my eyes.
>>
>>334986570
Conflicting pixel size
>>
>>334982014
Vet got destroyed a couple of patches ago, was shit for a while, then with the rule changes and new card synergies suddenly they're back on top

their draw advantage is really easy to have fun with.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1530x753) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1530x753
>tfw on the turn before you can kill him your opponent decides to let the timer run the full course just to be a dick, so you fuck around to force the concede
>tfw he finally concedes
suck my dick and choke on it
>>
Did they say when the patch is dropping?
>>
>>334988668
very nice
>>
>>334990142
I assume it will be end of the month for the may season
>>
>>334990142

Listened to the podcast thing and I think I heard next wednesday
>>
I really loved this game with the 2 draw per turn mechanic. It was fast and interesting, and the game was more about how you played the board than card draw and hoping for the correct late game draws.

I have barely played it since the patch. Really disappointing, but probably better for the game in the long run. Sad that I won't be with it.
>>
>>334990434
this, honestly
I play pretty much out of habit, now, which I guess is what they were counting on

but I haven't had a lego drop in weeks, and the speed and reliability that attracted me in the first place is all but gone.

my games are getting sporadic, and I'm guessing the "welcome back" gold was added to slow the bleed of people like this but eventually without something really grabbing my attention I'm likely to drop this for something else small that can fill the void
>>
>>334990434
I remember playing it earlier and even argued that having no limits on card rarity, or how powerful the cards of a higher rarity were, was extremely retarded and severely offputting.

Most people agreed with it based on my arguments, nothing ever changed, however.

Sure enjoy having to deal with constant barrage of legendaries that you can have 3 of in the same deck! The game isn't as much about strategy as it is about barraging the enemy with more bullshit than he manages to throw back. I still remember that vet lego that forced a 5 heal on your general, and a 5 damage on the enemy general, while having 5/5 and having taunt as well.
>>
>>334991117
I got stuck between two of those once
even if I drew a dispel I was fucked.

once you have legos you'll start winning consistently

until that point though you're fucked.

a deck with no legos will literally not be able to compete with a deck that has access to legos
>>
>>334991117
>>334991558

My deck doesn't have any legendaries in them and I win far more often than I lose :)
>>
>>334991558
The mere idea of having cards that are factually and objectively stronger than others, and having zero limits on them, is just retarded.

Look at Hearthstone's "balance" think about having THREE Dr. Booms in your deck. How does your butthole feel about that?

Look at DotA's "balance", even if something is outrageously strong and objectively shits on everything (Current Invoker) it can still be beat by tools that anybody can acquire easily enough: Stuns

No matter how broken something is, you can always stunlock it to death.

In Duelyst, if you follow this same logic, you're playing an uphill battle where you try to have some sort of removal for everything the enemy throws at you, except removal doesn't work when their cards are also much more efficient than yours because they're legendaries and you're attempting to remove with commons, uncommons, and rares.
>>
>>334991857
yo
share your decklist bro
duelystdb.com
is it fucking mechazor
>>
>>334991961
The only legendaries that are really strong are high cost, high power minions, and all of the really good ones are faction specific. You really don't NEED to play them to win. Some of them are good, some of them might even be too good, but there's nothing wrong with rare cards being better than more common cards. That's a big part of the incentive to buy more cards in a collectible card game.
>>
>>334992189
If you're trying to balance a game for competitive environments, then you're expected to not allow obvious go-to choice cards, even less so to allow 3x copies of them per deck.
>>
Does magmaar still suck shit?
>>
>>334992460
The objective isn't to balance every card versus every other card, retard.
>>
File: .jpg (86 KB, 300x976) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
86 KB, 300x976
>>334991993
>>
>>334991117
ayylamara healer is extreme removal bait

Vet dispells and/or kills it with entropic decay
Vanar foxes it
Abyss morphs it or daemonic lures it to the corner
Magmar eggs it
Lyonar dispels it or just kills it and heal up the damage
Songhai swaps it with one of his ranged corner minions

And then there's always repulsor beast and ephemeral shroud which is core in most decks

There's always a higher chance that you will see her removed/dispelled before she gets to attack or use her dying wish effect
>>
>>334992609
>magmar
>ever sucking shit

>>334992663
damn that's fucking clever as dicks
I used to run a frenzy clear deck but it died when the rule change hit and I never bothered to fix it
>>
File: 1415834759289.jpg (146 KB, 550x470) Image search: [Google]
1415834759289.jpg
146 KB, 550x470
>>334992663
>3x makantor warbeast
Well yeah of course you wouldn't need legos there buddy.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.