[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never played a Dark Souls game before. Will i be able
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Twitch-Beat-Dark-Souls-700x389.jpg (186 KB, 700x389) Image search: [Google]
Twitch-Beat-Dark-Souls-700x389.jpg
186 KB, 700x389
I have never played a Dark Souls game before. Will i be able to play the third game without problems regarding storyline?

I am tempted to get it
>>
You should be able to get into it just fine. I do think you should play dark souls 1 first though. It's still a good game dispite it being a bit older.
>>
>>334968563
You'd get the overall storyline, but you'd miss out on a LOT of references and callbacks to the first game. Some to the second one too
>>
>darksouls
>story

Memes aside the lore is deep and harder to get into than the combat but the actual stories of these games paper thin. You are person A with task B, go do it.

Get it. Its a great game
>>
>>334968958
no, there is no reaosn to play DS1 now that 3 exists. 3, bloodborne and demons are the only ones worth playing OP
>>
>>334969047
This.
>>
>>334968958
The problem with that is that DS3 online is as active as it'll ever be, and if OP takes too long to play through 1 he might miss out on that.
>>
>>334968563
You can but i strongly recommend playing the first one first. DS3 makes a lot of callbacks that is just exellent fanservice.
>>
>>334968563
Classic. Hope you family get cancer.
>>
There pretty much is no story.

If you play the game you will not really have any idea why you are doing things and who you are killing.

Unless you sit and read item descriptions, and even they are vague 10 word sentences.

Basically it's go kill boss find next boss kill that boss and so on till you beat the game.
>>
>>334969047
Adding to this you probably won't mind missing the references either way. And if the "lore" is something that takes a shine to you then you'd probably end up buying the other games as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 210x251
>>334968563
Absolutely. 3 is my first dark souls game, you wont understand some of the memes people leave around the world, but the dark souls games have shit story anyways. If you get it, which I recommened, read up on stat softcaps and know what what class you want to get in beforehand. So you wont apend hours on guides learning this stuff, cheers.
>>
>>334969303
I dont think so, DS3 will be pretty alive and well for a long while. DS2 SotFS was still pretty active and well until DS3 came. Hell, go and look at how many people still play 1, even more than the ones playing DS2.
>>
>>334969139

This. The story and lore is just lagniappe.
>>
>guys i want to get into this series with 3 games should i start with the supposed "final" game

How do you people breathe.
>>
>>334969150
>No reason to play DaS1
>Suggests Demon's Souls

Holy fuck, you nostalgia fags are insane. Demon's Souls only good points are it's atmosphere and MAYBE level design, but every game after has it beat in gameplay, which is what matters the most.
>>
File: 1461186348386.jpg (41 KB, 474x378) Image search: [Google]
1461186348386.jpg
41 KB, 474x378
>>334969150
But Demon's is worse than Dark. You have shit taste.

Anyways, while you can play 3 first, I'd recommend you to play 1 before it. Easily the best one in the series, your first time will be the most enjoyable of all.
>>
>>334968563
>problems regarding storyline

kek.

you could play all 3 and still have problems.
>>
>>334968563
it's my first Dark Souls and I'm having a lot of fun with it
pretty much what >>334969438 said
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.