[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today is Okami's 10 year anniversary. If you haven'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Okami.jpg (668 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Okami.jpg
668 KB, 2560x1600
Today is Okami's 10 year anniversary. If you haven't played it, do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnJRyTlFb0
>>
File: 1454484466213.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454484466213.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
>>334964064
You can't tell me what to do...
>>
File: Explosion Implosion..jpg (71 KB, 550x700) Image search: [Google]
Explosion Implosion..jpg
71 KB, 550x700
>>334964064
Did not know that.
Game truly was a wonderful adventure.
>>
>>334964514
Do it faggot
>>
Just started playing it yesterday.

I can tell I'm in for a ride.
>>
>>334964064
Are there any games that comes close to what Okami is? And action game with rpg elements and a very unique art style.
>>
>>334964858
Okami is Zelda's copy
>>
>>334964858
Dude just go play zelda. All of them if you aren't a casual.
>>
>>334964064
i'll consider it. anyone that mind giving a mini review? what are the strenghts and weaknesses of the game?
>>
>>334964064
One of my favorite games of all time. I wish Platinum would make another game like this, I feel they shine even more when they go out of their confort zone, let's hope Scalebound is exactly that
>>
>>334966189
Weaknesses include there is a lot of talking, and some of it is very slow. A lot of what they said I feel didn't need to be said.

But it's a great game, nice cast of characters, good variation of enemies and locations.
>>
>>334964064
What's the best way to emulate if I don't have a wiimote around any more? Can I rebind effectively on Dolphin or am I better of using the PS2 version?
I never actually got to the end, I ended up getting too fatigued with the game after I beat what was supposed to be the final boss and the game just kept going.
>>
>>334966189
Strengths
>Incredible artstyle
>Amazing music
>Beautiful enviroments
>Interesting characters
>Good twists
>Nice mechanic in the form of celestial brush
>Good amount of content
>Story can be both fun, serious and emotive
Weaknesses
>Might be too long (not a con unless you didn't like it)
>Some parts might feel gimmicky
>Combat can be a bit easy at times
>>334966428

That's pretty much it
>>
>>334966683
>after I beat what was supposed to be the final boss
Oh yeah that's like the first tier of the game
>>
>>334966683
There's a PS3 version if you have one. You're probably better off playing the PS2 version, the only difference I remember are the motion controls (and the PS2 version has the original credits).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.