[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1457446492299.jpg (2 MB, 5060x2752) Image search: [Google]
1457446492299.jpg
2 MB, 5060x2752
Am I the only person genuinely looking forward to this? At least the Spider Mastermind is confirmed to be in it.
>>
I'm legitimately worried about the single player component.

They've shown off nothing but the MP mode which has been getting shit on by just about everybody except the delusional bethesda drones or the "well at least it's not Doom 3" apologists.

Remember the "original" build of Doom 4 that looked like a Killzone knockoff?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HI-Ev2ZbX4
>>
>>334960154
I think the SP will be good, from the leaks I've read. They've really put effort into making it. I also liked the Open beta (movement could be faster; I felt like Haste should be the standard movement speed and the Revenant was OP, while the guns did less damage than they should).

Hope SnapMap is good
>>
>>334960154
Here's some singleplayer, although you might have already seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpBwguIqos
>>
>>334959821
It'll be the same speed as MP, so it's probably going to be shit.
>>
File: doom sp sm.png (959 KB, 642x1397) Image search: [Google]
doom sp sm.png
959 KB, 642x1397
>>334959821
A cracked unpolished untextured alpha model is not a confirmation anon.

Also, by the looks of it next week will be decisive of meh or dumpster.
>>
>>334959821
The multiplayer and singleplayer are being made by two different teams so if you didn't like the beta there's a chance the single player will be better.
>>
>>334960761
Fucking finally they show some SP footage.

>>334960649
This hardly counts. It's almost two years old at this point.
>>
>>334960761
Thank you, I'll make sure I see those videos. Hope it turns out a good or at least decent game.
>>
>>334960797
No, not really
>>
>>334960860
E3 2015, so less than a year.
>>
>>334961012
This was the same one people saw at QuakeCon 2014, though so he's right.
>>
>>334960986
Elaborate.
>>
>>334961012
>E3 2015
Remember when they debuted it 'exclusively' at Quakecon 2014?
>>334961087
Well shit this guy beat me to it. The description from the people there matched the E3 footage almost exactly. Though I believe the snapmap shit was new.
>>
>>334961123
Do you really expect him to elaborate his mindless contrarian opinion?
>>
File: son i am disapoint.jpg (70 KB, 724x567) Image search: [Google]
son i am disapoint.jpg
70 KB, 724x567
>>334959821
i'm in.
internet is hating all sorts of stuff now.
multiplayer open beta was not even bad. better then all dat modern reloading weapons stuff

its not the actual arena shooter but some fresh air with propper advertisment.

tooooo bad steam reviews will kill playerbase on pc (it was not even that big to begin with)

and on ps4 it plays like shitty halo.
>>
>>334961203
Yes, SnapMap is new, I believe. A guy on r/doomleaks[/spoilers] has been posting codex and bestiary info on the game, extracted from the files. That's how we know the enemies that will be in it, including the Spider Mastermind (in this game it's called the Aranea Imperatrix and is supposed to be the final boss and supposed Lord of the 4th Age of Hell)
>>
I'll be picking up the agitating skeleton statue.

If the campaign is half as good as Wolfenstein/The New Order and plays like a faster, more chaotic version of those two, I'll be happy.

I know the art direction/demon design gets a lot of shit on here but I like it.

>>334960761
Right when I get home from work. Fantastic. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>334963906
I meant The New Order/The Old Blood. Need to finish TOB.

MachineGames did a damn good job and the one guy said they wanted to do a modern version of Enemy Territory but only separate from a single player game.

I like the Doom multiplayer but MG should've gotten that assignment.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.