[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesn't like arena shooters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: quake face.png (40 KB, 149x149) Image search: [Google]
quake face.png
40 KB, 149x149
>he doesn't like arena shooters
>>
File: 1457262011570.png (52 KB, 350x314) Image search: [Google]
1457262011570.png
52 KB, 350x314
There is nothing left from them to like
>>
If they put UT4 on Steam, would you play it?

I know Epic's got it on their launcher but I feel like you'd get a huge number of people to play if they didn't have to download yet another launcher.
>>
>>334952990

I already play it. But Ebin should put it on Steam. It's in their best interest to do so

Steam has given QL one last breath of life
>>
>>334952412
New lovecraftian Quake when?
>>
File: 1436753175034.png (238 KB, 360x790) Image search: [Google]
1436753175034.png
238 KB, 360x790
>he likes Horde Shooters
>>
>>334952412
I don't.

>>334953562
I do!
>>
We've mostly outgrown them and it was always for a niche audience. The community is so small and insular, you'll get absolutely destroyed if you're new. A lot of people trying to get into it will just give up because they don't have the time or inclination to bother with it. Newer team play games means that there's always a way to introduce yourself to the game and still actually do something useful.
>>
>>334953467
Why would you want a new quake, considering what they're currently doing to Doom? Better to let it die
>>
playing Quake Live with anons during the summer of 2012 (or 2011?) was the funnest time I've had playing online games
>>
>>334953728
D44M might be salvageable.

I'm hoping at least. Really hard.
>>
>>334954217
Maybe the SP but the MP is hot garbage.
>>
>>334954468
Even the MP, possibly. Some minor adjustments would go a long fucking way.

Now will they actually do any of that? Less than 3% chance.

Of course it could all end up as shit in the end.
>>
>>334952412
That's 'Muricans for you.
>>
>>334953413
>>334952990
ya, was really hoping the new doom would be a reboot of quake 3 arena

a man can dream...
>>
>>334954597
Doom 4 is fucked, honestly. I was hoping it would be good, but if I'm honest with myself, I knew what it was going to be like back in 2015 after E3.

The problem is, it's a console game. It had to be slowed down so it wouldn't confuse the shit out of adults who've never played a shooter before, and screeching children. It can't be too vertical, or else people would have to look up. The horror!

Shitty graphics, runs like shit on PC, no advanced movement mechanics, and worst of all, the power ups are broken.

See, in quake or UT4, there is a damage booster, and armor. Both are very strong, but require the player to still be able to aim and dodge. The demon is just free fucking kills
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.