[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
finally thinking of buying this. so whats /v/'s honest opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: gta-5-cover-full_900.jpg (412 KB, 900x1101) Image search: [Google]
gta-5-cover-full_900.jpg
412 KB, 900x1101
finally thinking of buying this. so whats /v/'s honest opinion about this game?
>>
Comfy to drive around on, great soundtrack, well designed world, shit 15yr old humour, mediocre story, weirdly shitter shooting mechanics compared to GTAIV
Worth getting to just drive around on and listen to the radio though
>>
Driving physics are shit, other drivers are shit, police are shit, gunplay is shit.

7/10 it's ok
>>
>>334947112
I don't understand why all the nostalgiafags on /v/ hate it so much that they just keep crying San Andreas was the best game ever made.

GTA V is fun.
>>
It's pretty polarizing among GTA fans and /v/, but overall it does have good value for your money, especially if you can mod it.
>>
>>334948391
>mod it
>have to remove all mods if you ever want to go online or you'll get banned
>>
>>334948328
I do enjoy SA nostalgically, and I like the early 90s setting and soundtrack, but V is genuinely fun too, much more detailed LA setting obv and it's fun to fuck about in
>>
Best vehicle-open world game
>>
Fun campaign, but the online is horrible. Overall good GTA game, I miss the fun I had with GTAIV online.
>>
>>334948446
Yeah, but even without modding, the game still has good value. Once you're done with everything vanilla, then you can choose to mod it if you want
>>
I'm mostly pissed that the single-player is limited in the amount of clothes and stuff compared to online, I just want to play as Michael and cycle around the beachfront wearing obnoxious Hawaiian shirts
>>
File: 1459931307022.jpg (9 KB, 251x221) Image search: [Google]
1459931307022.jpg
9 KB, 251x221
>>334948460
They kinda missed the mark with Radio X though, not that I dislike the whole station.
>No Pearl Jam
>No Nirvana
>No Body Count's Cop Killer considering the ending
>No Primus
>No Ministry
>No White Zombie
>No Prong

I mean, what the hell?
>>
>>334948460
SA is a fun game, no doubt about it, but with nostalgiafags I mean those people that say it's basically the best thing ever and nothing will ever come close to it ever again.
>>
If the sharkcards are the biggest moneymaker Rockstar has ever had, why haven't they made GTA V f2p yet? Image how many more sharkcards they could sell?
>>
File: 1442692779824.jpg (7 KB, 168x196) Image search: [Google]
1442692779824.jpg
7 KB, 168x196
could have been GOAT sandbox game, but instead its a pile of shit, and you have to grind for it, and wait forever in lobbies for randoms to join, they even added a shitty diy mode where people can create races etc, I want gta not minecraft

singleplayer is great, once you have 'finished' it there isnt much to do but thats the same with every gta

we could have had things like this for example:

>zombie mode like RDR Undead dlc, with huge packs of zombies randomly scattered around the map, blocking streets in the city, allowing for all kinds of game modes : survival ( no vehicles allowed, gun & hatchet only ), 'rabid zombies' mode where they can jump on your car and fuck your shit up etc

>animal mode ( its already somewhat in the game but nothing is done with it ) with minigames like : everyone is turned into a random animal and must cross the highway without getting hit by vehicles

>more sports gamemodes other than shitty golf & tennis, where some weapons could be allowed

those are just examples I came up with, GTA 5 has a great map, it has a lot of potential to be GOAT but rockstar prefers people to grind and buy sharkcards with real money, fuck this gay earth
>>
Disappointing, especially considering the time and budget they had, but a disappointing GTA is still better than most games.
>>
>>334949036
Could've swore Pearl Jam was in it...maybe it was Stone Temple Pilots. At least it had 90s meme bands like RAtM and stuff like l7, Stone Roses, Depeche Mode.
>tfw no 90s Britpop like PULP tho

favourite station was always SF-UR anyway
>>
GTA games are overrated garbage
>>
>>334947112
Just pirate it.
>>
>>334948167
Detected asian chink fag who can't drive
>>
>>334949710
Just play MTA if you want online GTA. Much better.
>>
>>334950226
>still no stable working cracks for it
>still no torrent with just the single player
>>
>>334949036
Custom radio stations though.
>>
>>334948928
>mod it
>rockstar sends private investigators to your door to sue you for making a better game than them
>>
>>334950320
>Try MTA
>every server is filled with BRs
No thanks.
>>
>>334949967
You're definitely thinking of STP.

Speaking of Radio X meme bands:
>Stone Roses
>Primal Scream
Wtf? I mean, I get Depeche Mode, but still.

>No RHCP
>No Fishbone
>No NIN
>No Rollins Band
>No late 80s Bad Brains

It could've been so much.

>>334950439
Yeah.
>>
>>334948328
Only Tervor and Franklin have the fun missions. A third of the story is wasted on Micheal and his family problems, which could've been avoided if Friedlander let him have the epiphany.
>>
>>334950331
Works for me. No crashes and runs fine. Using the 3DM crack
>>
>>334950627
Any good torrents, specifically just single player?
>>
>>334950583
I liked Radio X's selection, but hated the DJ. She was trying too hard to be edgy.
>>
>>334951036
You mean like the audience that would have listened to radio x in the first place.
>>
>>334951036
Errr...but that was intentional? It was making fun of the nihilistic Gen-X attitude
>>
>>334951379
It was intentional, every DJ was making fun of the people who would listen to it.
>>
>>334950331

I played the SP more than a year ago on a cracked version with no real issues (apart from having to alter monitor size back and forward when I booted it to stop a lag bug)
>>
>>334950320
>MTA

its a cheap knock off and you know it.

What I want is what I described, plus more, with the Rockstar polish.
As I said the map is great, tons of details, the game looks amazing maxed on PC ( night & rain in the city for example ), except with more crazy.
I'm glad they finally could implement the whole map for each instance of multiplayer, having only a tiny part of the map in GTA4 always felt weird to me.
The problem is they dont do jack shit with it other than boring game modes and more scripted & scenarized missions that no one wants to play because you spent 50 hours on the singleplayer already.

The fact that there still is no DLC announced shows that they're already working full time on the next gta which will be all online, with some F2P component, and more boring shit to do because it just works so well right now. It will be a mix between eve online and second life, where people grind shitty quests for 20 hours, to get enough money to buy that car and those rims, to show to your crew because its so kewl.

Its sad but companies have to make money and I'm getting too old for this shit anyways.
I wish I was 15 like the majority of people online and enjoy the game but I just cant.
Too many missed opportunities.
>>
worst mainline gta after gta 1
>>
>>334950595
Michael was actually the best of the three.
>>
File: post-nonstopop.png (253 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
post-nonstopop.png
253 KB, 800x800
>>334951036
>>334951379
>>334951464
Does anyone else think Cara is just Tracer operating a radio station?
>>
>>334951556
Assumed Rockstar was working on RDR2, but GTA Online makes so much money that they could afford to do another single player GTA. Though I believe you're probably right, especially due to the dev comments about wanting to make a "GTA World" which would include San Fierro, Las Venturas, Los Santos etc...
s a d b o y :(
>>
>>334951808
he was but rockstar dropped the ball with his storyline. his kids are terrible characters and shouldn't have been included in the story.
>>
>>334951808
Micheal is best when interacting with the FIB, Trevor, or Lester.

>>334952115
Jimmy is slightly much better when hanging out with Trevor.
>>
I realise GTA SA wasn't exactly comedy gold, but it did have some funny bits like Big Smoke ordering lots of food at the drive-thru, whereas GTA V will literally explain the joke and the punchline, especially the radio DJs
>>
>>334952586
GTAIV is when they started explaining the job and the punch line, especially when the news. As a NY native, it was weird hearing the 1010 wins news guy on the game.
>>
File: 288691-niko_bellic_gun.jpg (12 KB, 248x320) Image search: [Google]
288691-niko_bellic_gun.jpg
12 KB, 248x320
>worst gta and best gta protagonist
i think this something all fans can agree on
>>
If you like open world games and GTA's brand of humor, it's really good and definitely worth it. If you're playing on console keep an eye out for used copies so you don't have to pay $60. People that defend 4 over it are delusional. It improves on the GTA series in nearly every way. Lots of stuff to do, and the heists are pretty cool.
>>
>>334952857
Nope, the worst GTA protagonist had to be Vic for not putting Lance in his place, and missing the chance to bang that qt tit-cow.
>>
>>334953192
>>334947112
Yeah it's definitely better than IV in that LA is a sunnier, better city than NY and the world is pretty vast with deserts, mountains and shit.
>>
>>334954538
I don't think that the darker nature of LC is inferior though. It gives the city its own feel
>>
Good game, SP is great, online is fun if you play it with people you know but the grind is pretty bad.

I look at it as three games, SP, modded SP fucking around and multiplayer
>>
>>334954538
Liberty City >>> Los Santos
>>
Is GTA Online worth playing by yourself? For the type of player who is only interested in buying clothes, and driving around listening to music and relaxing, that sort of thing
>>
The story mode is great.. A+ Stuff.. Online is fucking horrible
>>
>>334954959
I dunno, I have some weird fetish for L.A. after growing up on Bret Easton Ellis books and films like Falling Down so I'm biased, but I thought Liberty City was very grey for the most part
>>
>>334948167
>Driving physics are shit
so glad they ditched IV's dorifto physics, worst car handling in any GTA
>>
>>334947112
Amazing fun online but only with IRL friends. It's basically a sandbox, if you treat it as such it's great.
>>
>>334947112
GTA only exists to be a timesink. Nothing else. GTA V, as all other games in the series past II, is shit
>>
>>334947112

>have $4,000,000
>hacker shoots me with money while I'm running around
>R* bans me for hacking
>come back after ban and have $0
>denied appeal

Don't even bother, the hacking situation is out of control and they're fixing it by banning affected players instead of modding players. Story is OK, but there's nothing to do after you beat it. Nothing like SA or IV
>>
Story mode is great, one of the best in the series, online is a grindfest but can be very fun with friends
>>
>>334955882
>Story mode is great, one of the best in the series
c'mon now
>>
>>334955962
g how is it not? its got more interesting missions than any gta besides sa. don't fucking pretend gta4 story was better because it wasn't,. gta4 is a meme
>>
Does it have any good talk radio stations? Loved the one in 3.
>>
>>334956372
WCTR is shit, Blaine County radio is a little better.
>>
>>334956216
the only missions that I remember as being original are Michael flying through the air when his drink got spiked and infiltrating the LifeInvader offices
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
44 KB, 480x360
>>334948446
To be fair you use mod managers so all you have to do is literally press one button to disable them.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.