[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gearbox looking to fuck EDuke32
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1454105564-duke-nukem-3d[1].png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454105564-duke-nukem-3d[1].png
3 MB, 1920x1200
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8340-the-duke-nukem-forum-on-gearbox/page__p__242839#entry242839
>Gearbox is actively trying to kill HTTKC now, I just haven't made much of a public statement about it yet. They seem to think they're above the law and that certain facets of our judicial system regarding contracts just don't apply to them. They claim the contracts for HTTKC are invalid, but upon my request for a written statement as to their invalidity they refuse to state why. I've been trying to get them to tell me for the last two months and they're just dicking me around and doing anything they can to avoid giving me an answer. Then they tell me they're unwilling to discuss the contracts unless I have a lawyer, so I have my lawyer contact them, only to have them waste another entire month of time before making vague legal threats and telling me they now refuse to have a discussion involving lawyers. It's complete nonsense and I suspect we will end up in court.

TL;DR - HTTKC (Hail to the King Collection) is sort of like a commercial mod wherein this group of modders formed a company and had a contract to release the different versions and expansions of Duke3D on mobile via the source port EDuke32. Now Gearbox is behaving like, well like Gearbox, and trying to bully them out of it. Allegedly. There's also apparently concerns that this could lead to them trying take on the source port itself.
>>
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8340-the-duke-nukem-forum-on-gearbox/page__st__60__p__244530#entry244530
>Oh, no, they sent it to my lawyer. Everything was pretty civil until their guy replied without having actually reviewed any of the materials he was sent or knowing what the fuck he was talking about. You would think he could have come up with an answer to the simple question of why my contracts are invalid or at least looked at all the pdfs we sent during that month of thumb twiddling.
>It's very frustrating and it seems like they're drawing things out on purpose--they know I'm disabled and have jack shit for income and that I need to release HTTKC to survive. I need the income so that I can get off disability and give my family some semblance of the life they deserve. It's a damn shame, everyone seemed really cool when I visited their offices in Frisco, TX a few months ago and I was looking forward to working with them.
>>
We dont see Zenimax doing the same thing with DOOM and its free source ports, why the fuck is GB doing this?

Fucking Randy Pitchfork
>>
>>334936012
If the leaks are true they actually made every single .wad where Doom guy is in hell canon
>>
>>334935712
>Gearbox being absolute kikes
Not surprising in the least. They are honestly one of the most Jew game companies.
>>
Randy Pitchford is a piece of shit
>>
why are gearbox so fucking shit? If it wasn't for Borderlands (which isn't even that good) they'd be the laughingstock of the whole industry
>>
>Randy Pitchford
>religion
>judaism

fucking /pol/ is right again
>>
File: 1419398001643.png (119 KB, 843x578) Image search: [Google]
1419398001643.png
119 KB, 843x578
>>334937408
Gearbox are thieves
>stole the concept and art directionof borderlands from someone who made a movie called codehunters
>aquired the license of duke nukem to shit out a game and make major profits
>sega gave gearbox money and the licesence who then handed the game to some other small time studio who couldn't deliver on making a quality product for cheap, and then gear box pocketed the rest for themselves

I don't like blizzard alot, but i hope overwatch does so well, it destorys the sales of battleborn and puts them further down the road to bankruptcy
>>
>>334935712
So is there any concrete proof of any of this?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.