[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does Nathan Drake not have PTSD? He's killed hundreds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
How does Nathan Drake not have PTSD? He's killed hundreds of people in armed combat by himself, and just casually walks it off like it has no effect on him. I mean even if they were trying to kill him, killing that many people surely has some kind of psychological effect on you.
>>
He's the bad guy, that's why
>>
>>334934314
Psychopaths man. Easy livin'.
>>
>>334934314
He's matured past that OP.
>>
Yeah, that's one of my biggest problems with Uncharted. Nate is always presented as "the good guy" and boasts about saving the day or whatever but at the same time he is killing literally hundreds of men who have lived their lives up until that point only to die at his hands, and feels no remorse about it. I mean arguably all charismatic action stars are like this--Indiana Jones, James Bond, and so on, have all killed at least a hundred men over the course of their movies, but it can be so slapstick that it seems meaningless. Uncharted on the other hand is not so farcical--the fight scenes are tense and gritty, but nevertheless Drake never loses face.

Whatever. I'm still going to get 4 and eat it all up.
>>
File: 154.jpg (12 KB, 219x240) Image search: [Google]
154.jpg
12 KB, 219x240
>>334934314
outside he's pretending to be a psychologically strong, but inside he's like everyone of us
>>
the story and the gameplay are two completely different things
>>
Clearly for gameplay reasons you end up fighting wave upon wave of enemies but canonically Drake probably only directly kills a few dozen baddies each game while the rest are indirectly killed.
>>
Because OP, he is a fictional character within a video game.
>>
Because it's a video game adventure story. Nathan Drake is a handsome, clever, fit, heroic stand-in for the player. He's not meant to be a realistic person.
>>
File: Jewcharted 4.png (2 MB, 1479x758) Image search: [Google]
Jewcharted 4.png
2 MB, 1479x758
Because he's not a well written character.
>>
>>334935901
>He's not well written because they won't be having a fat mod.
I hate that they removed it as well but come on anon.
>>
>>334936171
Druckmann being a hack goes beyond that desu.

Or are you one of those guys that think TLoU had good writing?
>>
>>334936171
But anon, that clearly means the game is written by an SJW for SJWs which automatically makes the game utter shit, there's no middle ground here.

/s
>>
I didn't have any problem with this since he's technically killing "bad guys" but they crossed a line in Uncharted 3 where he and Elena murdered dozens of innocent airport staff so that he could get onto the plane and save Sully.

I wasn't sure whether it was him that caused the plane to crash or if it was fucked anyway but if it's the former then that's even worse.
>>
>>334935901
They should just put in the "crash bandicoot" physique that was in uncharted 1. The cartoon drake I think it was called.
>>
Same could be said about Mario I mean he has been on a mass genocide for the last 30 years
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.