[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morha ime-legacy-server-among-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 1449080223430.png (2 MB, 648x720) Image search: [Google]
1449080223430.png
2 MB, 648x720
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community

Have you signed and shared yet, /v/? If not, why haven't you? It won't hurt anyone, and you could be a part of a grand movement. Imagine, you could look back and say you were part of the cause that swayed a major corporation.
>>
>>334929443
No one cared who i was until i got shutdown
>>
>>334929478
>>
>>334929443
>a grand movement
Yes, the grand movement to get an old, imbalanced, buggy, and shallow MMO that everyone will play for about two or three months and then drop for something else.

What a noble cause.
>>
>>334929720
>shallow MMO
you might be right about all the rest but you can't get more shallow than current WoW.
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 960x540
>>334929720
>two or three months
>he's clearly never played on these servers

it's okay, millenial, the old games weren't made for your kind anyway. by the way you just unlocked an achievement for that post. aren't you happy now?
>>
I'm happy it's getting the attention it deserves. Don't think legacy servers will come before legion, if ever. Still signed it though mostly because it's probably the biggest news wow has seen in a while
>>
>>334930413
Not him but I am 29 and I loved vanilla to death and I would like to see it back to its former glory just can you stop acing like a idiot with your millenial bullshit, you arent probably much older then him anyway.
>>
>>334929720

>"achievements" for picking your nose
>pokemon battles
>fly and teleport everywhere
>empty capital cities because current WoW is a 1-player game
>a "grand and fantastic world" that feels half as small as vanilla Azeroth

current WoW is garbage and, quality of life changes that were brought by Wrath and TBC notwithstanding, if you genuinely think it's a better game than pre 3.3, you probably think Super Mario Bros and Ninja Gaiden and Gauntlet are shit games too.
>>
>>334929720
Look at this faggot. Look at him and laugh.

Do you enjoy your Facebook games where they pat you on the head and tell you you're a special snowflake whenever you take five paces? Some people actually enjoy games that were challenging and rewarded you for your hard work and time investment. Don't shit on those people just because you're an instant-gratification autist who needs to be validated everytime you do anything trivial.
>>
File: World-of-Warcraft-Vanilla-Login.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Warcraft-Vanilla-Login.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
>>
brief reminder that the team lead for actual vanilla WoW signed this petition.

https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community/c/434305499
https://twitter.com/Grummz
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>334931065

fuck, no one told me I was gonna feel today
>>
>>334931174
>198k / 200k
damn son
>>
>>334931174
>>334931287

#YouThinkYouWantThatButYouDon't
>>
>>334929443
A grand movement to be a part of a whiny butthurt community that has spent over half a decade trying to convince people that their interests are important. Yeah. The people who want legacy servers are definitely going to get what they want now when they haven't for years.
>>334930413
>he thinks legacy servers started with nost
Adorable. Guess how many other private servers were abandoned after people ran out of content.
>>
>>334931174
NEO-BLIZZARD
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT
>>
>>334931407

shoo shoo blizz-shill, it doesn't concern you, so why comment on it?

also everyone knows legacy servers didn't start with Nost, but none of them were nearly as well-developed, well-maintained, or as successful as Nost. Nost stands for something amid this, it shows that there is a significant enough interest in the old game that it should at least be addressed

you're one of those close-minded people who says "a few vocal people in the past said they wanted, and it didn't happen, so herpa derpa derp herp". when a very real % of Blizz's current subscription (no, it's not 1%, blizz is lucky if they still have 3mil) numbers are speaking out on social media, signing this petition, and raising a ruckus, they will get attention, at least an acknowledgement.

inb4 stupid remark about tl;dr or none of what you said matters because "reasons"
>>
>>334931897
>trying to disregard my argument by calling me a shill
>when I made no statement about current Blizz
Desperate legacy fag please. You guys have been spouting the same shit for years and have never been taken seriously. If anything, you're a shill for trying to post a Blizz's current sub base (aka retards) as proof of anything substantial. It's adorable.

People will forget about Nost in a month, others will move on to another legacy server and claim it's "different" and most others will continue to play Vanilla for a month before running out of shit to do and leaving again. You can't seriously think this situation is any different when this cycle has been going on for years.
>>
2k more until based mike "the ultimate kike" morhaime bends over and tells mark to wipe his ass for him with that petition
>>
>>334932138
Its babbys first private server

Also, this whole outcry is all because of Sodapopppin playing on it, so hes got the cancer of twitch chat bandwagoning on it
>>
>>334931897
You want Nostalrius back not vanilla WoW from Blizzard.

Are you telling me you would pay $15+ a month to play vanilla WoW? Not to mention the endless bitching and moaning that will ensue since now it's Blizzard running things

>Waah rogues are too op
>Wah my spec is useless
>Wah these bugs
>Waaah nerf warriors
>Waaa add dungeon finder and LFR so we don't have to manage a 40 man raid group
>>
>>334932482
Seriously, I don't know how many times I've heard "X private server is special" over the years. Nothing ever changes. I still recall all the /v/ guilds for countless other private servers. I also remember them dying out as people got bored of standing in the capitial all day. Very impressive.
>>
>>334932578
>You want Nostalrius back not vanilla WoW from Blizzard.

This.

>F-fuck blizzard, fuck em right to hell, im refunding legion!
>P-P-PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION, BLIZZARD I WILL GIVE YOU MY FIRST BORN AND $15 A MONTH FOR VANILLA WOW
>>
>>334929720
>shallow
lol
>>
I wish I could say that the very same people who cried about Nost shills wasting board space now make these petition threads but unlike these cretins, I know how anonymity functions.

Good riddance either way. Hopefully a new, unbannable Nostalrius emerges and the community stays strong.
>>
>>334932578
>are you telling me you would pay $15 a month to play vanilla WoW

yes.

>>334932804
>people dont like Blizzard when they do something jewish
>people would like Blizzard again if they do something right
crazy
>>
>>334931065
The initial drum roll with echo within me forever.
>>
File: 1427065300059.jpg (503 KB, 1511x944) Image search: [Google]
1427065300059.jpg
503 KB, 1511x944
>>334932790
I played on Scriptcraft with /v/alliance in 2011

Got bored of vanilla during ZG and quit, this was with an instant boost 49 that the server had too.

Boring as shit, doesnt help that I rolled a healer
>>
>>334932790
What do these idiots think they'll be doing when they defeat MC - Naxxramas in a month or two?

And Blizz wouldn't be able to keep the original patch schedule since everybody is going to rush through everything because all they want to do is run the shit they never got a chance to do when they were 8 years old.

It's easy to see why legacy servers run by Blizzard would be shit.
>>
>>334933047
Anytime a private server gets popular it gets a cease and desist. It's how laws fucking work.

Someone is using your property without your permission? You tell them to stop or sue them.
>>
>>334933063

Going backwards isn't doing something right.

I don't give a shit what anyone says, I want Blizzard to improve going forwards, not in the wrong direction. I've been playing since mid-2005 and I could give less of a shit about Vanilla by now.
>>
>>334933135
dude breh didnt you hear? they want it released over time, and when they finish naxx they want tbc, and then wrath and then cata and mop!

They essentially want blizzard to redo their releases again, kek "itll keep us busy for years"
>>
>>334933269
nothing since vanilla has been an improvement though.
>>
>>334933339
retard detected
>>
>>334933441
please, name one core mechanic that has been handled better than vanilla

protip: you cant
>>
>>334933250

I assume you quoted my post by accident.
>>
>>334933063
>Trying to force Blizz to go back to the past because muh nostalgia
>Telling a company what's best for them when they've been extremely succesful for almost 2 decades
>the right thing
>>
>>334933508

Class spec balance was at its worst in Vanilla until late TBC.
>>
>>334933339
>people actually believe this
>>
>>334929443
Will you autists stop making threads every day on this stupid shit? WoW was always a piece of shit and i'm sure there's plenty of other legacy private servers if you really care. /v/ doesn't get flooded when some Maplestory server gets killed, fuck off
>>
>>334933339

>getting to pick your raid size until Mythic enforced 20
>new character models (I play Dwarves, you absolutely cannot tell me the old Dwarf model is better)
>Ulduar
>Leveling in draenor was neat the first time around
>removed extraneous stats
>>
>>334933607

Didn't you hear? Nost shills were making 10 threads a day when the server was up, now we're only serving them their rightful comeuppance.

Go on and post PissFace with me, that's show them ;^)
>>
>>334931407
>A grand movement to be a part of a whiny butthurt community that has spent over half a decade trying to convince people that their interests are important.

And they were proven right by the dramatic fall in WoW subscriptions. Each shit.
>>
File: someonesaid.gif (36 KB, 357x266) Image search: [Google]
someonesaid.gif
36 KB, 357x266
>>
>>334929443
Face it. Nothing will happen.
>>
>>334933632
>>Leveling in draenor was neat the first time around

No it was like watching a really bad movie.
>>
>>334933791
Worth a try at least desu.
>>
>>334933754
Ah so theyre only proven right when it fits your narrative

So when they asked for servers during TBC, and then WoW grew even bigger, they were still right?

Fuck off moron, Blizzard has shut down servers much larger than nostalrius, they dont give a shit about you and your xiaopings playing for free

Its why they say NO for the past decade and will remain that way, your petition wont do shit.

Screenshot this post
>>
>>334933583
Class Balance is still shit though. Blizzard just wildly buffs and nerfs classes and mages have remained top tier for years now while other specs have been in the toilet. Then you have developers purposefully nerfing specs because complex specs being viable is hard for casuals(See Demonology)

>>334933632
>pick your raid size
creates balance issues, and it was only like that for Cata and Mists, in Wrath the 25m was the hardest. There was still small size raids like ZG and 10m instances in vanilla which offered smaller groups content.
>Ulduar
meme raid
>new models
most are trash and devoid of character
>leveling in Draenor was neat
if you like faceroll on the rails garbage
>removed extraneous stats
yea gotta hate customization in an RPG.
>>
>>334933765
>>
>>334933508
LOL

are you fucking retarded?

>Questing is better overall
>Leveling through zones is smoother
>Boss mechanics are challenging
>Smaller raid size
>There are no unkillable bosses when raids release
>Half the specs in the game are not useless anymore
>PvP is not dominated by 2 classes
>PvE is not dominated by 2 classes
>Loot distribution is better for the average player (not a hardcore guild officer)

need I go on?

Yes current WoW is nothing to brag about, WoD is shit but you're just lying to yourself if you think Blizzard should go back to Vanilla to improve WoW
>>
>>334933765

Didn't they nerf that so it became redundant in later expansions?
>>
File: screenshot complete.png (4 KB, 982x558) Image search: [Google]
screenshot complete.png
4 KB, 982x558
>>334933960
sir, yes sir.
>>
Personally I never played WoW before MoP, so obviously my opinion is garbage but I did play nost when I had the time and I loved it the world truly did feel more full and like a world of people. But do we really want JUST vanilla WoW again? Or is it more that we want it to go back to a time when it had the POTENTIAL to do great things(and I never saw this firsthand but) like the BC or WotLK, as oppose to just vanilla. Do we like Vanilla more for what it is or more for what it isnt? (facebook garrisons, lfd, no exploration etc)
>>
>>334933960
>So when they asked for servers during TBC, and then WoW grew even bigger, they were still right?

yup
>>
I'm just upset at blizzard for removing cutefase.
>>
>>334934184
Not according to your own post you werent you fuck
>>
>>334933995
>questing is better overall
faceroll handholding linear shit is not better
>leveling through zones is smoother
yea would hate to have people do instances
>boss mechanics are challenging
on on of FOUR difficulties
>smaller raid size
not an improvement
>no unkillable bosses when raids release
actually back in Mists HoF had an issue with either the first or second boss not giving players enough time to move and all the guilds were roadblocked on progression
>half the specs in game are not useless anymore
Any spec who's cooldowns dont align with the ring is shit right now
>PvP is not dominated by 2 classes
no its by RMD for the trillionth time
>PvE is not dominated by 2 classes
no its just arcane mage
>loot distribution is better
objectively not, you end up getting loot that you cant even use and cant trade it to other people.
>>
>>334934183
Id like a vanilla into bc progression server, maybe into wotlk next.
>>
>>334933995
>>Questing is better overall

lol

>>Leveling through zones is smoother

Yeah it's so smooth you'd think you were being taken on a theme park ride

Clearly not because they were cleared in under 2 weeks

>Smaller raid size

fucking gay

>There are no unkillable bosses when raids release

fucking gay

>>Half the specs in the game are not useless anymore

yeah because they're all the same
>>
>>334934447
If you think Vanilla mechanics were harder in raids, you arent even worth a response but heres your (You)
>>
>>334933983

I haven't played this game since Cata but as a former vanilla Ret pally, I doubt anything comes close to that crap. I loved the game back then but having people openly mock and outright shit on certain specs in /2 or WoW forums got irritating after enough months.
>>
>>334934252

Yes they were. Nothing in my post says anything about player growth in BC mate. Nice attempt at logic though.
>>
>>334934542
KT was harder than anything in modern WoW m8, its time to stop

>>334934569
Good news, if you try to join an RBG as a ret paladin you still get laughed at and declined. Because blizzard is FUCKING trash at balance
>>
>>334929720
Fuck off, Blizzard

Your shitty team ruined the game and everyone knows it, the more you pretend it's not true, the more pathethic you look.
>>
>>334934616
>And they were proven right by the dramatic fall in WoW subscriptions. Each shit.

People asked for servers in TBC
Subs kept rising since then

Opposite of falling, you said you were still right back then, which isnt the case because it gained subscription numbers
>>
>>334934821
Subs basically flatlined at the end of TBC with a small bump at the delayed chinese release of Wrath
>>
>>334934542

I'm going to tell you something now that may shock you.

I don't care about mechanics in raids.

I don't care because it has little if any bearing of the quality of a game overall. I care about things like player interaction, immersion, the overall game design, and value for money.
>>
>>334929443
>won't hurt anyone
>split up the already butchered WoW dev teams to make and maintain legacy servers a handful of people will use
>content releases even slower
>>
>>334934918
>split up a community that is already split
???
>>
File: file.png (29 KB, 585x166) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29 KB, 585x166
Its like this guy wants to burn bridges with people at Blizzard
>>
>>334934821

Except you're attributing the rise in subscriptions to the lack of legacy servers, which obviously isn't the case.

I can put forward a much more logical statement, which is that if they had included legacy servers at the BC release, their subs would have increased even further than they did. And you can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>334935039

Who wouldn't?

I'd burn Blizzard down along with the bridge if I could.
>>
>>334929443
shut up faggot
>>
>>334935065
You cant prove your opinion either
>>
>>334935242
gat'eeeem. nice line dude.
>>
>500 millions people played WoW
>can't even get 200k to sign a petition

This literally shows that Blizzard was right.
>>
>>334935359

No, but it makes a lot more sense than yours.
>>
>>334934320
>faceroll handholding linear shit is not better

yeah not being able to make it to the next zone's quests and having to grind levels on mobs to be able to move zones was sooo fun

>yea would hate to have people do instances

that's not the point, quest lines make sense now. Quest rewards are useful especially if you're a new player. The reason people did dungeons was for the gear not the exp...

>on on of FOUR difficulties
What does this have to do with boss fights? The boss fights outside of LFR are still better than anything vanilla had.

>not an improvement
You do realize raiding guilds were pushing for smaller raid sizes for a reason right? It's too tedious to manage 40 people while the raid is being carried by a handful of players and the rest just feel useless.

>actually back in Mists HoF had an issue with either the first or second boss not giving players enough time to move and all the guilds were roadblocked on progression
Wow ONE fucking hiccup with one boss, instead of bosses being unkillable for weeks.

>Any spec who's cooldowns dont align with the ring is shit right now
You can still take any spec in the game and do something meaningful with it, even if you're not topping the fucking meters. Are you telling me Balance druids, survival hunters, ret pallys, feral druids, ele shamans, prot pallys, and several others were as viable back in vanilla as they are now? As long as your guild isn't a competitive one you can get away with playing almost every spec you want.

>no its by RMD for the trillionth time
3v3 is not the only PvP in the game. You're forgetting how rogues could 1v1 anyone with fucking grey items.

>no its just arcane mage

arcane mage is the highest DPS spec atm but it does not dominate DPS. You don't stack arcane mages in your raid. There are other dps classes and specs that are needed more than arcane mage.

>loot distribution not better

Confirmed for not raiding at all, you can trade anything that drops in your raid
>>
File: 1461071039128.png (631 KB, 1644x720) Image search: [Google]
1461071039128.png
631 KB, 1644x720
>>334929443
>All these nostalgiacucks
>>
>>334935423
>lol its pointless im not signing it anyway
sums up most of it.
>>
>>334929443
>If not, why haven't you?
Because wow is shit
>>
>>334929443
Because the all the graphical clipping with shoulderpads and capes bothers me enough not to play it again
And I know any kind of changes to Vanilla won't happen
>>
Man, I knew I'd come back to this thread and have multiple people respond, acting like i'm trying to hype current WoW, or defending Classic without actually arguing against all the reasons that made it tedious.

>>334930413
Nostalrious was not the first Private Server. There's been at least a half-dozen other private servers that have been shut down simply because reaching "End Game" raid content, i.e. "Molten Bore" "Black Wipe Lair" and "AQQ", was fucking tedious as fuck, and no one wants to put in the time to do them.

This is not a personal opinion. This is something that has happened, and will continue to happen, and virutally every private server, no matter how much you insult people on the internet.

>>334930718
There's only ever been 1-2 cities with any kind of population in them, in every iteration of WoW. Garrisons might've ruined this beyond all repair, but acting like there's some bustling city where you walked around and spoke with people is retarded.

Even back during Vanilla days when Org and IF were packed, most of the people there were just dead silent anyway.

Also acting like Pet battles are bad just makes you look retarded, as it's an addition to the content, it didn't remove or take anything away from any kind of content, nor did it make anything expressly worse.

>>334930918
Here we are. The guy who is so fucking pissed he's going to rave about something that wasn't even implied in my post, and act like I'm arguing in favor of it, while also being completely unable to explain away why Private Servers have the turnover rates that they do, why the most successful Vanilla server ever only had about 150k active players, etc.

If you want to play an old and buggy ass MMO from 12 years ago, feel free, but don't act like it's some noble cause you dipshits, and don't get all pissy when your illegal servers get shut down, when they would've died in a year's time anyway, just like ever other server.
>>
>yfw doing 40 man mythic archimond
>>
>>334935542
>eah not being able to make it to the next zone's quests and having to grind levels on mobs

Things that never happened

>that's not the point, quest lines make sense now.

Not really, because the world is in a constant state of fucked up because they'll never update Azeroth after Cata. Not to mention the fuckery with Northrend and Outland being in different time zones.

>You do realize raiding guilds were pushing for smaller raid sizes for a reason right?

Who

cares

>instead of bosses being unkillable for weeks.

They should be unkillable for weeks.
>>
>>334929443
>Wow killed mmo
>Blizzard is killing Wow

It's like poetry
>>
>>334935773
>when they would've died in a year's time anyway

That means it would have lasted longer than Vanilla did at retail. Sounds pretty successful to me.
>>
>>334934447
>lol
>fucking gay
>fucking gay

those are some great points

also Mythic Archimonde is the boss that was unkilled the longest since the broken vanilla and tbc bosses that needed attunements and shit.

And the reason they get killed in 2-3 weeks is that professional guilds throw themselves at the bosses hundreds (almost a thousand) times
>>
>>334935542
>still forcing questing is better now meme
just kill yourself retard, everything being faceroll on the rails garbage is not an improvement
>fights outside of LFR
outside of Mythic, everything is worse. And you get burned out doing the other difficulties.
>raiding guilds were pushing for smaller difficulties
there WERE smaller difficulties, there is no reason to make every single raid the same size
>one fucking issue
there were only a handful of unkillable bosses ever you fucking mongoloid
>you can take any spec in the game and do something meaningful with it
nope
>are you telling me [shit specs] were as viable in vanilla as they are now
yea, actually. Balance is shit, survival is probably the worst DPS right now, feral has 1 viable pvp comp that isnt even great, Ele is in the shitter, only thing in that list that isnt garbage is Prot
>3s isnt the only PvP
yes, it is now. Sorry
>you dont stack arcane
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/j2yfqNTdY4cQbWHv#fight=1&type=damage-done
>you can trade anything that drops in the raid
not with personal loot, which is the only new loot system they added
>>
>>334935887
>They should be unkillable for weeks.

Unkillable because of shitty tuning and being literally impossible to kill with previous raid tier gear?

Raiders are more hardcore now, they play 20 hours a day and have 10 alt accounts to gear for raids to swap out to find max efficiency
>>
>>334935773
>most of the people there were just dead silent anyway.

Bullshit

>it didn't remove or take anything away from any kind of content

They spent time and money developing a pokemon ripoff instead of making the game not shit.
>>
>>334933754
False equivalence. People continue to not care about legacy servers as WoW continues to be shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 954x1517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 954x1517
why do so many people need to defend this one server

go do something else
>>
>>334936063
>And the reason they get killed in 2-3 weeks is that professional guilds throw themselves at the bosses hundreds (almost a thousand) times

But they still get killed in 2-3 weeks don't they? Don't they? And then what is there to do?

Say it.
>>
>>334935423
>500 million

Pretty sure they were proud of 15mil subs (that's accounts, by the way, not individual people) during the height of Wrath. The number has been nowhere near that since then. It was about 5mil right before they said they'd never release sub numbers again, and insiders will tell you it's closer to 3mil now, and that's not even looking at people who have automatic subs set up and just don't bother to cancel it.
>>
>>334935887
by unkillable I mean the fights were so broken that it was impossible to kill the boss, like C'thun and KT.

even if they don't update azeroth the cataclysm quest lines are much, much better than vanilla ones, not to mention you can actually quest in all the zones.
>>
almost there fucbois
>>
>>334936138
>Raiders are more hardcore now

Oh jesus christ the mental hoops you jump through to convince yourself your purchase is justified
>>
>>334936181
Because they think it's special like the retards that crowded around the private server before it and so on and so forth. They'll die out in a few weeks before getting replaced by a new server.

Anyone that plays on a private server and isn't autistic forgets about it after a month and moves on. Autists think it's special.
>>
>>334936235
Theres about 12 years worth of content and mini games blizzard has added for people to do outside raiding

What about vanilla?
>>
>>334936306
>L O L I PUNCHED DA DWAGON IN DA FACE xDDD

>good
>>
>>334936156

Recent events prove otherwise.
>>
>>334936235
lol the professional guilds kill them in 2-3 weeks you fuckwit

most of the playerbase takes months to catch up

and those professional guilds keep farming the raids and pushing for better times for a couple months then stop raiding and wait for the next raid tier
>>
>>334936235
while I agree with you, that comparison is stupid, those few raiders are going to do nothing yes, because they have cleared the content, but the majority of people are not going to kill those bosses in 2-3 weeks

that been said, there is fuck to do in this expansion because they killed everything except pet battles and raiding
>>
>>334936354
Are you trying to imply that people won't pay $15 a month to sit in a Vanilla capitial and wait for raids? Because X people do that in Nost for free so you're wrong fuck you fuck you fuck you I started playing two weeks ago and haven't run out of the small amount of Vanilla content yet legacy servers are the future.
>>
>>334936354
>Theres about 12 years worth of shite and bullshit blizzard has added for people to do outside raiding
>>
>>334936236
But 15 millions was just the most they had at one time, if you add all the people that were ever subscribed you would get a little less than 500 millions.
>>
>>334936361
(You)
>>
>>334936354
>12 years worth of 1-shottable bosses and worse-pokemon
oh boy
>>
>>334935726
>>334933632

you can replace all the models with the new shit anyway. plenty of people are playing vanilla WoW with WoD graphics
>>
>>334936321
Oh the mental hoops.

Raids are smaller, which is better for everyone
Bosses drop more than 2 epics for 40 people
Less people to gear = shit gets cleared fast

If vanilla raid bosses dropped epics equal to the number of people in the raid, you'd see the same shit.
Probably even faster, because back then you weren't limited to 1-2 rezzes a battle, could spam potions etc
>>
>>334936471
>most of the playerbase takes months to catch up

14 months to be exact. Oh wait, I'm thinking about Blizzard.
>>
Cos I don't intend to pay blizzard.

And petitions are useless.
>>
>>334936415
>recent events
I see the same amount of bitching about legacy servers I saw last year, and the year prior, and each year before that. I also see Blizzard continuing to not give a shit. WoW continuing to not be good never changed that.

Every year I see people say "SUBS ARE X. LEGACY SERVERS CONFIRMED" I have yet to see that. Retards who just discovered private servers yesterday seem to think they are pioneers but you're only regurgitating what other idiots have been spouting for years.
>>
>>334936635
>If vanilla raid bosses dropped epics equal to the number of people in the raid, you'd see the same shit.

Yeah but they didn't because they weren't so stupid as to design it so poorly, you mongoloid.
>>
File: 1311511979536.jpg (14 KB, 257x253) Image search: [Google]
1311511979536.jpg
14 KB, 257x253
>>334935887
>Things that never happened
For real?
>>
>>334936635
Problem was it took an insane amount of time to get into "Raids" in vanilla, outside of bosses giving more or less items

the amount of time in dungeons, grinding, farming... etc, I don't know how people had time before, I can barely play games right now
>>
>>334936713
>I see the same amount of bitching about legacy servers I saw last year, and the year prior,

You're full of shit and you know it. lol
>>
>>334936784
So how do you want a raid to be designed then you cuck?

You want bosses to drop gold and a 1% on epic? XD hilarious

Face it, Vanilla was designed poorly
>>
>>334936029
Vanilla never died you dumb-fuck, nor was it even close to dying when BC was released.
>>
>>334936791

Yeah. Did you watch that South Park episode and think it was accurate?
>>
>>334936807
>Problem was it took an insane amount of time to get into "Raids" in vanilla

If you start with molten bore, no it doesnt
It was cleared within 2 weeks of launch on Nostalrius, 1.5 months faster than retail.
>>
>>334936934

I never said it was you clown.
>>
>>334936875
Great retort. Come back to me when you actually have that legacy server. I've already waited over five years, regardless of how many of you retards promised it was just around the corner.
>>
F U C K O F F
>>
File: 1461086142507.jpg (158 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
1461086142507.jpg
158 KB, 1062x1062
>ALMOST 200K
>>
>>334937049

>I just don't see this fan reaction that you're talking about
>I've been living under a rock on Mars
>>
>>334929443
>Have you signed and shared yet, /v/?
No.

>If not, why haven't you?
Mainly because I don't care, but secondary reason is "fuck you, that's why."

> It won't hurt anyone
It also won't help anyone

>and you could be a part of a grand movement.
Your change.org petition means nothing. Because they've always done nothing.

> Imagine, you could look back and say you were part of the cause that swayed a major corporation.
No, because Blizzard doesn't care.
>>
>>334936901
>strawmanning this hard
>>
>GUYS IT HIT 200K
>BLIZZARD STILL HASNT RESPONDED

w-w-what now????????????????
>>
>>334937024
you have to take in account that people are much more knowledgeable about the game now that they were when they started in vanilla retail
>>
>>334929478
Yeah, I'm actually surprised how everyone jumped on this. Didn't even BBC put an article up about it? This is pretty much the first time private servers are in the spotlight because so far all the sites and outlets have pretty much been "hands off, we can't talk about them openly".
>>
>>334937183

Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to Blizzcon this year.
>>
>>334937140
>second reason is "fuck you thats why"

calm down Dante
>>
>>334937185
Yeh so...that content wont take "years" to clear unlike some delusional peopel seem to think
>>
>>334937247
oh god I can't wait until Blizzcon. if this shit gets bannered or shouted about at the events, I'm gonna need to load up on popcorn
>>
File: you.jpg (28 KB, 400x260) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
28 KB, 400x260
>>334937060
>>334937140
>F U C K O F F
>fuck you, that's why

You need to be at least 18 years old to post on this website.
>>
>>334937320
>unlike some delusional peopel seem to think

The strawmen you mean?
>>
>>334937412

They'll have Blizzard stormtroopers pressing the audience in on all sides ready to quell any sign of dissent.
>>
>>334936807
I think what a lot of people are missing here is that's what a lot of people WANT out of their game. All that time they spend preparing for the endgame, those who don't focus purely on the endgame, want that time investment, they want that sense that when they stand in front of Ragnaros, they can say "this is how I got here, and damn does it feel good".
>>
>>334937534
yes, that's one of the things, you don't need to work hard for something, they usually give it to you without much hassle

even if wow was grindy as fuck back then, having a few blue items was satisfying as fuck
>>
Cant wait for literally nothing to happen at 200k

Anyone else?
>>
>>334929443
I care about this, but that persuasion was shit.

Only way Blizzard could care is when WoW plummets in subs with the new expansion.
>>
>>334937415
Nice meme.
>>
>>334937781
Nah I actually want it to break 200k, reach into the comfortable 300k and have blizz literally ignore them
>>
File: 1455902880040.jpg (7 KB, 174x250) Image search: [Google]
1455902880040.jpg
7 KB, 174x250
>>334937781
Right here
>>
>>334929443
Vanilla wow was shit, i will not sign your shitty petition.
>>
>>334937843
It was stuck at a good 120k, then Mark Attenwhore was like "Hey ill text blizz at 200k" then they shilled hard this week

Now once blizz ignores them, they will have no reason to keep pushing
>>
>>334937781
>Cant wait for literally nothing to happen at 200k

They'll probably shut down WoW.

Wait, were you talking about post-release Legion?
>>
i played vainilla ever since and other than mindless BG i don't see why people would want to re-play it other than nostalgia. I don't have the time for it anymore since you know, work family and shit. Yes it demanded more time than the current wow but it was also dependant of how fast your guild would do / clean raids, and got lucky with certain drops (be it boss loot or profession schemes) so you don't have to rush /farm to be in the requirements to be in the next 40 man orgy
In the end PVE wise you ran out of content. And when the guys that are maxed out don't wanna do AQ/naxx/whatever noss was at. you loss reliable people of your raiding party, and when it's a tank, or a healer it really hurts more than just another DPS of the 60 that you have ready to go, heck even the GM can get bored of that and just watch it all crumble slowly (or the jackass move, me and my pals are geared so fuck your shit rookies)
I mean i totally get it if you haven't played it. It's a whole new world, of course. But i can't understand why people want to get back and do serious end-game stuff.
>>
>>334936181
>>334936323
>>334935773
>>334933960
>>334933751
>>334933607
>>334932804
>>334932578
>>334932482

So many assumptions being made by so many children who, being honest with themselves, did not need to post a reply if all they were going to do was dismiss an opposing viewpoint as "whining over your server"

Here's some food for thought, in my case at least: I have never played on Nostalrius. I play on a different Vanilla server which is slightly less likely to get shut down due to being in a legal Wild West. It's not about Nostalrius that (some of us, at least) we post, we petition, and we promote. It's the principle of legacy servers. Half of you never even bothered to read the petition at all. It says nothing about "plz let us haev nostal bak". It's trying to highlight to Blizzard, but more importantly, the rest of the WoW/gaming community that there is a very real demand for this iteration of the game.

Ball's in your court.
>>
This will happen after the Dance Studio is added to the game. So never.
>>
>>334938027
>But i can't understand why people want to get back and do serious end-game stuff.

Have you ever watched a movie more than once? Why?
>>
>>334937830
It's not a meme. You need to read the rules, kid.
>>
File: JUST.png (34 KB, 943x342) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
34 KB, 943x342
>>334935039

It's like they know they would never want to work for Activision Irvine.
>>
>>334933135
>think they'll be doing when they defeat MC - Naxxramas in a month or two?

You won't even gear your raid enough to step into BWL in two months, how the fuck are you supposed to get to Naxx in this time?
>>
>>334938096
>2 weeks of shilling hard everywhere
>200k with duplicate signatures

not much of a demand desu
>>
File: 1423730682610.jpg (36 KB, 419x604) Image search: [Google]
1423730682610.jpg
36 KB, 419x604
>people shilling Nost petition full force
>Blizz shills in full force because of Warcraft movie, Legion and Overwatch
If Blizzard doesn't want to make Legacy servers that's fine but they should have allowed people to play Vanilla again.

Taking down Nost was just petty at this point and shows they're no longer a dev just a business.
>>
>>334938230
Not really. i never was a movie guy.
But i get it, someone wants to revive all those moments again, assuming they have the free time to put the same efforts then by all means. I would like it but then i think all the hassle and how i would have to move schedules and i just can't bring myself to do it
>>
>>334938440
>Not really. i never was a movie guy.

stopped reading there
>>
>>334938279
>move from casual game to even more casual game
>said casual game has gotten even easier since he joined Riot
Is this real?
>>
>thinking blizz will announce legacy with legion on the way

if they do it, it would be 2018/2019

that is, if they arent planning another expansion
>>
>>334937534
>>334937736

This. How many of you fucking faggots can honestly say that you didn't feel a sense of achievement, of triumph when you got to the end of Contra? When you got to the end of Jetpack (oh I'm sorry some of you fags are too young to remember that)?

There's not a single thing in modern WoW that gives that feeling, unless you set out and make your own goal like "I will collect every pet in the game, some of which will require me to give more real money to Blizzard to acquire it". This isn't about taking away your precious modern WoW from you. Fuck, play it all you want. But Blizzard doesn't have any real, good, substantiated reasons for not having legacy servers available. All of their reasons are bullshit, and if you don't believe me, ask Jagex and Sony. Stop pissing on people because they don't like what you like.

(but they do it back to me! you even did it about modern WoW in your post!)

Yeah, because you asshats feel the need to minimalize and attack our preference, so we go on the defensive. Quit inviting yourself into an argument and then get pissed when you get pissed on.
>>
no i haven't signed because i didn't play nost nor is legacy servers something i feel strong about.

However if it does pass and blizzard launch their own servers, yeah i might play.
>>
>>334938392
>shutting down nost was just petty

i love this "nostralius was the first server to get shutdown" meme
>>
>>334938027
>But i can't understand why people want to get back and do serious end-game stuff.
It doesn't matter if you "don't understand" it. People clearly want to do it so you're input is null and void.

Why do people say this shit as if it means anything to anyone?
>>
File: 1455029992711.gif (1 MB, 510x326) Image search: [Google]
1455029992711.gif
1 MB, 510x326
>>334938489
y-you too
the last one i saw was shrek forever with my kids
>>
>>334938096
>that there is a very real demand for this iteration of the game.
And here is the crux of all your, and the people who made this petition's, problems.

There is no demand. These servers constantly come and go because they are not sustainable in the slightest.
>>
>>334938392
>they're no longer a dev just a business.
what the fuck am I reading

the sole purpose of being in the AAA video game industry is to make a profit, not suck the dicks of a niche crowd of poorfag neckbeards.
>>
>>334929443
>https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community
I don't even care about this, I just want to see blizzard get BTFO
>>
>>334938617
One of the first competently run servers that wasn't 2x rates with donation garbage.
>>
Pretty sure this petition is fake.

Refresh the page after ten seconds and you can see the pledges jump up by 20.
>>
>>334938702
>the sole purpose of being in the AAA video game industry is to make a profit
>making video games is about profit
And thus the industry died. Thanks shill
>>
>>334938315
shh, he never played Vanilla

that or he got carried by a guild that had everything pre-Naxx on farm (lol who the fuck had Naxx on farm?)
>>
>>334938750
>what is scriptcraft
>>
>>334937117
>come back to me when you get a legacy server
>>
It reached 200,000. Blizzard HAS to say something now.
>>
>>334938096
arent you just a total faggot
>>
>these threads constantly for 2 weeks
>its nothing but Nost players arguing with shills
This shilling has gotten out of control the past few weeks.
I'm starting to think these Nost petition threads are being made by Blizz shills themselves
>>
>>334938904

>come back to me when you're straight

t. your mother
>>
>>334938807
Maybe it's getting petitions during that time
>>
>>334938906
WE DID IT REDDIT!!
>>
>>334938906
They won't.
They ignore problems when at all possible. They lie when they are really forced to make a statement.
>>
>>334938609

cool guy detected. you're okay in my book.
>>
>>334938628
Because of your sort of asnwer, i can't really get it, i ask myself "Would someone do molten core all over again weeks and weeks cleaning all those trash mobs, the slow-ass pace walk", like sure there was some enjoyments but all the trivial stuff takes the toll after a while.Even more so when stuff dosen't go your way or lolgmfriendpriorities4loot
so i need some outside input (like yours), that's about it.
But then again my raiding expirience in 6 different guilds was meh so i'm jaded on that topic, pvp was the shizznet but you had to do those endgame raids since it was both for pvp and pve
>>
>>334938906
They literally dont lol
>>
>>334938617

you need to read >>334938096

try actually reading fucking posts before commenting you autist. nost was just the straw on the camel's back. try to see past your hideous fucking nose.
>>
>>334938096
>very real demand
>implying the reasons you sign something are the reason everyone did
>children
Seriously, the desperation is unreal. Nost was not the first private server and Blizzard has never felt the urge to take you guys seriously in all the years you have cried on game forums. I never see a large body of people agreeing with you guys and more often than not, people are just laughing at how bad of an idea an official legacy server is.
>>
>>334933135
>getting into Naxx that quickly
Are you aware how many lock outs it takes to fully gear a raid and get them ready for Naxx?

Are you fundamentally retarded?
>>
I can't believe all the support you've shown for vanilla WoW servers. In the past few days you've all doubled the Nostalrius petition count and smashed through the 200,000 signature goal.

Thank you.

Now its time for me to get to work and put together a package to deliver to Mike Morhaime. Here's what I'm doing:

1) Printing the petition. All 5000 pages of it.

2) Writing an open letter to Mike, and sharing it with the community.

3) Shooting a video of the open letter and uploading it to @SodaPoppinTv's channel

4) E-mailing the whole thing to Mike on Friday and making the letter/video public on Friday as well.

5) Following up on Monday with a call to Mike on his cell and office.

I want to thank @SodaPoppingTv for being so passionate and doing the WoW stream to publicize this. I want to thank @Nostalbegins for taking the time to Skype with me and show me what a great bunch of devs they are, and thanks for everyone on my feed and following me @Grummz for all the moral support and tweets.

But...Especially, thank you petition signers! Thank you vanilla WoW fans! Thank you for supporting this petition and for playing and loving vanilla and early WoW so damn much! YOU did this! YOU can make it happen. And I'll be there right alongside you.

For the Alliance, for the Horde, for Azeroth!
>>
>>334938906

The easiest way to solve this crisis is to do nothing and let it blow over. They know their fans are weak.
>>
>>334938963
In five years, I'll be happy to link this thread to the people claiming they are about to get their offical legacy server.
>>
200k !!!!!!!!

Vanilla realms all but confirmed at this point woohoo!
>>
File: 1441925281259.jpg (36 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1441925281259.jpg
36 KB, 576x432
>group of people want something
>well I don't want it so you can't have it
>le shitpost face XD
God this is a petty board now. Been nothing but console war PC shit posting for 5 years.

Let the autismos play Vanilla.
>>
>>334939087
>I never see a large body of people agreeing with you guys

Until now.

>more often than not, people are just laughing at how bad of an idea an official legacy server is.

You and your other Blizzdrone forum posters. Laughing through bared teeth like the dogs you are.
>>
File: xD.jpg (14 KB, 441x171) Image search: [Google]
xD.jpg
14 KB, 441x171
>cucked by an animu loving turbonerd
>>
>>334938807
>what a radical concept, something with this much attention being shared on several social media sites by a large number of individuals, reported about by numerous online publications, and getting fan-attention thanks to streamers and youtubers, getting a few signatures every few seconds!
>>
>>334939181

in 5 years you'll be dead from AIDS gaybo
>>
>>334929443
It'll hurt blizzard

Nost fags aren't welcome on /v
>>
>>334939107
Jesus, they're really riding this thing out to stay obnoxiously relevant.

All that's going to happen is Blizzard is going to make a half-assed statement that says:

>Will there never be a Vanilla server? Well we can't predict the future, so it's possible, but for now fuck off, because we're busy spending money to actually make money, because we're not going to appeal to the few thousand that want to play a twelve year old game for a few months and then drop it for something else.
>>
>>334932578
I'm sick of this "Would you pay 15 bucks to play that shit?" crap

I'd give them 50$/month if I had to. It's an insanely fun game and 100 times better then anything else on the market, dispite being 10 years old
>>
>>334939412
>because we're not going to appeal to the few thousand that want to play a twelve year old game for a few months and then drop it for something else.

That's completely untrue, because they made WoD.
>>
>petition gets a ton of signatures
>Blizzard laughs and says no
>Nostfags whine more

Glorious.
>>
>>334939510
>he'd pay 50/month for 12 year old content

everyone look at him and laugh
>>
>>334938842 kind of has a point

Games weren't expected to be wildly popular cash-cows back in the day. They were a passion of developers and creators. Yes, they turned that into a business because they saw that the product was profitable. So when you take an industry that was built on passion and make decisions about it ONLY motivated by profitability, you might be successful, you might not, but you usually end up alienating your consumers and, consequently in the worst cases, ruin your business. It holds true for any industry. If there isn't any heart and mind behind the innovation and improvement of a company, your entire company is relying on number-crunching, and that does not produce quality games.
>>
>>334939510
>Bad Decisions General
>>
>>334939294
Large body from outside the people petitioning for a private server you retard. Who cares about you guys outside from yourselves? Who is taking you seriously? Who is championing your cause? A handful of Ecelebs? Threatening.
>Blizzdrone
You might as well have just came out and said you don't have a real retort. Blizzard being shit doesn't mean you guys aren't delusional. If anything, it's even more pathetic that the people grovelling at the feet of Blizzard are resorting to calling others Blizzdrones. You have been begging for Blizzard to shit in your mouth for years and you're calling the people laughing at you drones. Cute.
>>
File: party's over.png (92 KB, 335x322) Image search: [Google]
party's over.png
92 KB, 335x322
>>334931065
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXoN6q75NQ
Fuck. This is the first time I've been nostalgic for an MMO that wasn't Everquest.
>>
>>334939412
This is exactly whats going to happen

>Thinking they'll give an answer like "We are working on them, expect them soon (tm)"

Not a chance with legion on the way.

Theyll pull a right

"Were expertimenting with dynamic queue, we will bring solo back in some months...months pass..we're actually not bringing it back, fuck you guys"
>>
>>334939610
That's the thing. Blizzard isn't even saying no. They are saying nothing. Like they're just trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug. They know they fucked up.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (4 KB, 71x317) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
4 KB, 71x317
>>334939412

>because we're not going to appeal to the few thousand that want to play a twelve year old game for a few months and then drop it for something else.
>play a twelve year old game for a few months and then drop it for something else.
>then drop it for something else.
>then drop it
>then drop it
>then drop it
>then drop it
>>
>>334939510
>I'd give them $50 a month

Great, your piggy bank won't support a server.

Did any of you retards actually play Nost for more than a month? What do you expect people to pay for once they reach $60? Are they going to pay $60 a month to sit in a capitial and wait for raid? Because that's what they do on private servers and even when those are free, people usually get bored fast.
>>
Footage of Blizzdrones in the wild in progress

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743424212
>>
>>334939569
With the difference being that WoD sold in the millions, because they wanted to appeal to a few MILLION, not thousand. There's a big difference you illiterate dumbfuck.
>>
>>334939087
>>implying the reasons you sign something are the reason everyone did
>(some of us, at least)

you're a real fuckin literate, aren't you?
>>
>>334939625
>he'd pay 50/month for new """"content'"""
everyone look at him and laugh
>>
>>334939860
>November 2015
>Are you thinking of adding legacy servers?
>No.
>>
File: le inquisitive gnome face.jpg (31 KB, 296x291) Image search: [Google]
le inquisitive gnome face.jpg
31 KB, 296x291
>>334939967
>unironically trying to taught WoD as a success
>>
>>334937140
Ow the edge
>>
>>334931174
Of course he did. He is hoping he could have his job back by riding the nostalgia train pushed by neckbeards.
>>
>>334939860
they know letting a bunch of dolts signing online petitions isnt going to really force them to do anything
>>
>>334939774
>Who cares about you guys outside from yourselves?

What drugs are you on cunt?
>>
>>334939860
>They know they fucked up
That's great, and I'm sure you feel passionate and righteous and all that, but why do you think they care about you? Blizzard has been fucking people over left and right for years and they still have a fanbase that has slurped up cash shop garbage for years. They also have several more games that idiots are chained to that is feeding the money.

Why the fuck would you think for a second that they would take you guys seriously? What is going to happen if they don't listen to you guys? I'm honestly curious what the rationale is.
>>
>>334939860
They don't care about a few thousand people wanting to play a legacy server for three months and then quit.

They're focusing on Legion, like it or not.
>>
>>334940142
>Why the fuck would you think for a second that they would take you guys seriously?

because they want money

they arent vladimir the impaler, they are a business
>>
>>334939967

>because they wanted to appeal to a few MILLION, not thousand.

Do you legitimately think only the people who signed the petition would play it?

How many people signed the petition to create WoD? What's that? Zero?
>>
>>334939992
>a real fuckin literate
So is that your counterargument?
>>
>>334937216
Nostalirus was also the first private server with 150k active players and nearly bug free gameplay.

It was literally a AAA MMO, but just made by some frenchies.
>>
>>334938906
"We heard your complaints but we don't give a shit just pre-order Legion like a good goy"
>>
>>334940081
>isnt going to really force them to do anything

That's not what signing an online petition is for you mongoloid. Jesus christ it's like Blizzdrones go out of their way to be stupid.
>>
>>334940083
See, if you had a real answer, that would be far more effective than the reply you gave me. Considering you didn't, I'll assume you
A). Don't have an answer
and
B). Are too insecure to admit it

Prove me wrong
>>
>>334940281

I didn't even consider your question because it's not written in English.
>>
>>334940249
Legion is DoA.
>>
File: remove kebab.gif (872 KB, 160x240) Image search: [Google]
remove kebab.gif
872 KB, 160x240
>talk to a GM about legacy servers
>"I can't help you there, but you should post on the general forums about it. We read these forums and consider what is said there."
>post about legacy servers on the general forums
>thread immediately deleted
>posting privileges permanently revoked

No one should invest a single iota of faith in Blizzard.
>>
>>334939918
See:
>>334939967

>>334940046
So you think WoD was a success because of how well it sold? Because I never fucking said that.

You're really cooking with genius-level intellect here, you blathering idiot.

>>334940198
>Do you legitimately think only the people who signed the petition would play it?
I don't think even that many, seeing as how Nost never even broke 200k active players, and it was fucking free.

>How many people signed the petition to create WoD? What's that? Zero?

Why do you chucklefucks keep acting like this is current WoW vs Classic WoW? No one is talking about WoD as a positive, if all you've got for arguments as to why Classic would be a success it ass-ravaged comparisons to a product no one even likes, you're fucking deluded.
>>
>>334940197
They do want money, that's a point against your stance. Why would they waste time and money entertaining the people looking for a legacy server when they can easily make more doing what they are doing now. They have no reason to make that investment.

Just because a couple of people say they are willing to pay for something doesn't mean it's a financilally sound investment. They can put money into other retards and make back more.
>>
>>334940197
An expansion makes more than what legacy would earn them
They sold 3.3 million of wod first day
3.3m*60 = 198m
>>
>>334940384

The thing is Nostalrius would still have 100k (and was allegedly growing) while Retail keeps dying due to bad decision-making.
>>
Blizzard has been blown the heck out!

I will see you boys in Shadowglen, night elfs FTW

Big thanks to sodapoppin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>334940358
Like I said
A) Don't have an answer
and
B). Are too insecure to admit it

Not replying at all would have been more effective. All I've gotten out of this is that legacy fags continue to not have an argument and instead try to hurl insults at people that question them.
>>
>>334940384
>and it was fucking free.

And also a private server, and also not advertised, and also located in a single region, and also put together by volunteers.

Gee, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Just kill yourself drone.
>>
File: 01.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
Our game is dying, there is nothing to go back to. If our people are to survive, we must make our home on private servers.
>>
>>334940582
>not advertised

you had people shilling it on twitch and the official wow forums, its why you got shut down
>>
>>334940445

Why would they not also be releasing expansions?
>>
>>334940486
You may be meeming but that fucboi made Nost so popular.
>>
>>334940279
yeah i know dipfuck, but clearly its to leave an impression on them, and leaving impressions intentionally serves to influence them, and blizzard doesnt give a fuck about what you nerds want to cry about
>>
>>334940463
Retail being garbage doesn't magically make legacy servers a good investment. 1 million people could log on to Nost for free and it would mean nothing when they would have to pay to do the same on a Blizz server.
>>
>>334940640
>you had people shilling it on twitch and the official wow forums, its why you got shut down

Is that what you think advertising is? Jesus fuck, it's like I'm talking to a 15 year old.
>>
>>334940445
>3.3m*60 = 198m

Let's say half of Nostalrius actually bought a sub to play on legacy servers. No, actually, let's say less than half did that.

50000*15 = 750000

Now let's say that same group remained subscribed for half a year, because "they would surely get bored."

750000*6 = 4,500,000

Still with me? Let's try a full year. We won't increase or decrease that number, since we can assume some people would actually get bored and some would transfer over.

750000*12 = 9,000,000

Now consider how Blizzard has (so far) been losing over a million subscribers per year, leaving them somewhere close to 4 or 3.5 million players (being generous.)
>>
>>334940690
>blizzard doesnt give a fuck about what you nerds want to cry about

That's why they casualized the game so much right? Because they didn't listen to the community? kek, you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>334940582
>free
or
>not free
Nothing you say will detract from the power of that statement. Once you're paying for something you need a reason to continue paying. I'm sure all the subs for Nost that log in to post dank memes in the capitial city would be happy to pay $15 a month to continue that.
>>
>>334940216

not even the same guy you want a "counterargument" from. so is that your admission you're an illiterate fuck?
>>
>>334940434

If a handful of french guys can make a nearly bug-free vanilla server on donations, Blizzard can do the same. It costs them virtually nothing to make or maintain and only proposes net gain.
>>
Part of me thinks they should just do it like Jagex did Oldschool Runescape, but the poll system OSRS uses pretty much won't work for legacy servers for WoW that would probably end up several times as populated as OSRS, and either two things would happen if they did:

>no one votes anything in, even QoL or bugfixes because muh pure vanilla
>supremely stupid shit like LFD gets voted in all the time and the game goes the direction OSRS ended up going
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.